Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Fighting over part of a kill.
(d) Wrestling together.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
3. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
(b) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(c) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(d) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
4. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That the leopard may have moved.
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her first victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
2. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
3. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
4. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)