|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Pipal Pani tiger make his home?
(a) In a cave protected by big rocks.
(b) Under some dense, thorny bushes.
(c) On a large fallen tree.
(d) On a pinnacle overlooking the area.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Staking out buffalo as bait.
(b) Keeping vigil on the road until the tiger passes.
(c) Beating the tiger out of a ravine.
(d) Watching t
4. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It is very old.
(c) It has an injured leg.
(d) It has poor eyesight.
5. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A bullet in his shoulder.
(c) An old hip fracture.
(d) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
2. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What does the snake do when Corbett hits the back of its head with a stone?
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)