|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
(a) The environment.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The element of danger.
(d) The people with you.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(c) Condition of teeth.
(d) Condition of claws.
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) In the village square comforting the locals.
(b) None of the above.
(c) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(d) Up a tree.
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(b) Imported English hound.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
5. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) A single pound at most.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
2. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)