|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
(a) Keep vigil over the kill.
(b) Lace the kill with poison.
(c) Stake out another bufallo.
(d) Organize a beat.
2. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
(a) The tiger calling.
(b) A langur warning call.
(c) None of the above.
(d) News of another death in a neighboring town.
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(d) Snare traps.
4. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) After many days of stalking him.
(b) In a beautiful glade near his home.
(c) From the window of a train.
(d) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
5. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(b) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) News of another person killed by the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
3. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
4. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)