|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A toe.
(c) A tooth.
(d) A strip of skin.
2. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(d) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
3. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
(b) The view.
(c) An amazing butterfly.
(d) A massive bird of prey.
4. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A water fowl.
(b) A python.
(c) A ghooral.
(d) A langur.
5. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That the tiger was dead or dying.
(b) That Corbett was invincible.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That Corbett had been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett claim to enjoy doing?
2. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
3. Why does Corbett give up trying to film his subject?
4. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
5. When the Pipal Pani tiger first goes briefly missing, where has he gone?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)