|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Fighting over part of a kill.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
2. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) The shadow of the tiger.
(b) The end of the tail of the tiger.
(c) The hind foot of the tiger.
(d) A bird scurrying away.
3. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Lying down in the open.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Wedged in between two rocks.
(d) None of the above.
4. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(b) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(c) Being short tempered.
(d) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
5. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pipal Pani tiger no longer permit after his mate left?
2. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
3. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
4. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)