|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He needs more men.
(c) It is getting close to dark.
(d) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
2. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) The dak runner.
(c) A man and his buffalos.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
3. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The supply of natural food in the area.
(b) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(c) The nature of any disability it has.
(d) All of the above.
4. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) News of another person killed by the tiger.
(d) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
5. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Age and arthritis.
(b) An old hip injury.
(c) Congenital deformity.
(d) Broken teeth from being shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
3. When does Robin disappear?
4. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get wounded in the shoulder?
5. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)