|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Clean his rifle.
(b) Tie Robin to a tree.
(c) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(d) Make a plan with the other men.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
(a) The abundant wildlife.
(b) The perfume of the flowers.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The mountains nearby.
3. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It has an injured leg.
(c) It has poor eyesight.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
(a) His reasons for loving nature.
(b) Fishing rods and tackle.
(c) The kinds of fish in the river.
(d) His excuses to stay out late.
5. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
(a) Directly and casually.
(b) Fearfully and nervously.
(c) Caustiously and thoughtfully.
(d) Impatiently and angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
2. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
3. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
4. What does Corbett recommend great care be taken over when stalking tigers at their kills?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)