|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) Over four hundred.
(d) None of the above.
2. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
(a) Reports from a neighboring region where the younger tiger had killed people.
(b) That a man and wife had been killed simultaneously.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Clothes found in the stomach of the tiger.
3. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
(b) When they are traveling out of town.
(c) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(d) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Rip a tree to shreds.
(b) Run away.
(c) Try to attack Corbett.
(d) Fall over and lie still.
5. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
(a) More people make more noise.
(b) It is easy to get careless in a crowd.
(c) The fear of other people makes him nervous.
(d) He feels to responsible for everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
3. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
4. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
5. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)