|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(d) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
2. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A python.
(b) A water fowl.
(c) A ghooral.
(d) A langur.
3. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(b) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(c) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(d) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
4. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A strip of skin.
(b) A small piece of his skull.
(c) A toe.
(d) A tooth.
5. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Get one last glimpse of the python.
(c) Go for a swim.
(d) Catch a fish for his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
2. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
3. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
4. How does Corbett get a hold of the fish?
5. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)