|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The sunlight on grass with a dark rock behind.
(c) The dead buffalo.
(d) A different tiger.
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
3. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
(a) Medium sized.
4. What animal is the Pipal Pani tiger mistaken for and shot?
(a) A pig.
(b) A man-eating tiger.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A ghooral.
5. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(b) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(c) All of the above.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What did the Pipal Pani tiger no longer permit after his mate left?
4. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
5. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)