|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) Not to approach his back yard.
(b) People are to feared.
(c) How to catch peafowl.
(d) To be cautious returning to a kill.
2. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
(a) An old man who was attacked years before by the tiger.
(b) A group of hunters leaving the area.
(c) A terrified group of women.
(d) None of the above.
3. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) The time Robin saved his life.
(b) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
4. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
(a) Three women were missing.
(b) They heard the tiger and decided to hunt it.
(c) To find the young man's father.
(d) In search of fodder for cattle.
5. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) The leopard is near death.
(c) A second leopard showed up.
(d) The leopard is alive and moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
2. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
3. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
4. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
5. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)