|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett realize after reeling in sixty yards of the fishing line?
(a) He did not use bait.
(b) There is a branch wrapped in his line.
(c) The fish is still on the line.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
(a) Some hairs.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A bone shard.
(d) A claw.
3. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
(a) A sickle and three lengths of rope on the ground.
(b) No footprints.
(c) Body parts.
(d) A beaded necklace on the ground.
4. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) All of his men.
(b) The other big game hunters after him.
(c) A small herd of water buffalo.
(d) A band of monkeys.
5. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The father of the latest victim.
(b) The oldest women of the village.
(c) The local authorities.
(d) The people of the nearby village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is the Pipal Pani tiger mistaken for and shot?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
4. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
5. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)