|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) People are to feared.
(b) Not to approach his back yard.
(c) How to catch peafowl.
(d) To be cautious returning to a kill.
2. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) Shouting from high places.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A serious of cables for messages.
3. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) A sleeping bear.
(b) Each other.
(c) A snare trap for the tiger.
(d) A log.
4. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
(a) He is jerked headlong into the river.
(b) He loses his rod and tackle in the fast current.
(c) He slips and loses the fish.
(d) He gets stalked by a python.
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(b) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(c) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(d) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
2. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
4. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
5. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)