|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
(a) Weep uncontrollably.
(b) Searches all night in the wilderness for him.
(c) Send a telegram to Corbett.
(d) Gather a group to go on a tiger hunt.
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) All of the above.
(b) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(c) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
(d) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
3. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) An old hip fracture.
(c) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
(d) A bullet in his shoulder.
4. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
(a) The kinds of fish in the river.
(b) His excuses to stay out late.
(c) His reasons for loving nature.
(d) Fishing rods and tackle.
5. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(b) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(c) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(d) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
2. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
3. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
4. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
5. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)