|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
2. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) The dak runner.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
3. Who lost the most cattle to the Pipal Pani tiger?
(a) The government.
(b) A very poor couple trying to raise six children.
(c) The man who shot him.
4. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
(a) An admittance letter for the young man.
(b) A letter from the people asking Corbett for his help.
(c) The resignation of the game warden.
(d) A letter of defeat from a hunter after the tiger.
5. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That Corbett was invincible.
(b) That Corbett had been killed.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That the tiger was dead or dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
2. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
5. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)