|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(b) His saddle and gun.
(c) Thorn bushes.
(d) A weaving loom.
2. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
(a) A letter from the people asking Corbett for his help.
(b) A letter of defeat from a hunter after the tiger.
(c) The resignation of the game warden.
(d) An admittance letter for the young man.
3. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
(a) In between two large rocks.
(b) Down stream and out of sight.
(c) A deep pool.
(d) To the other side of the river.
4. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The leopard is near death.
(b) The leopard is alive and moving.
(c) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(d) A second leopard showed up.
5. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(b) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(c) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
(d) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
2. Which of the following best characterizes how Corbett feels after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
3. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
4. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
5. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)