|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Aggressive and cruel.
(b) Instinctual and natural.
(c) Monarch of the forests.
(d) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
2. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Ate a few bites.
(b) Left it.
(c) Devoured it.
(d) Took it to her cubs.
3. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
4. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
(b) A bullet in his shoulder.
(c) An old hip fracture.
(d) Broken teeth.
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(d) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
2. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
4. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
5. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)