|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(b) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
(c) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(d) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
2. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(b) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(c) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(d) When all the men open fire.
3. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(d) No information that could explain what happened.
4. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
(c) An American hunter.
(d) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(b) The human population is easier prey.
(c) The change in livestock management.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
2. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
3. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
4. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
5. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)