|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A child who strayed into the forest.
(b) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
(c) An injured old lady.
(d) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
2. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(b) It is accompanied by a mate.
(c) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
(d) It is accompanied by a leopard.
3. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
(a) It is easy to be indecisive.
(b) Even skeptics turn into fishermen.
(c) One gets overcritical.
(d) All the spots start looking the same.
4. What does Corbett claim to enjoy doing?
(a) Sitting up over a kill.
(b) Scaring the locals.
(c) Watching young tigers hunt.
(d) Stalking predators.
5. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
(a) Impatiently and angrily.
(b) Caustiously and thoughtfully.
(c) Fearfully and nervously.
(d) Directly and casually.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
3. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
4. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)