|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(b) Condition of teeth.
(d) Condition of claws.
2. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) None of the above.
(b) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
(c) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(d) That they only attack at night.
3. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) Injuries from a porcupine.
(b) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(d) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
4. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The leopard is alive and moving.
(b) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(c) The leopard is near death.
(d) A second leopard showed up.
5. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(b) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(c) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(d) When all the men open fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
4. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)