|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He needs more men.
(c) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Four hundred and thirty six.
(b) Over a thousand.
(c) Forty two.
3. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) A weaving loom.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(c) His saddle and gun.
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She threw up.
(c) She lost her power of speech.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her second victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her third victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
2. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
5. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)