|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(b) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(c) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(d) It was the only safe place for miles.
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Aggressive and cruel.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) The circumstance must be understood.
(b) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(c) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(d) All of the above.
5. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Late that afternoon.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) At dawn the next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
2. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
5. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)