|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
2. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(b) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(b) That the leopard may have moved.
(c) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
4. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He knows India can't afford it.
(b) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(c) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(d) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
5. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) It is getting close to dark.
(b) He needs to get Robin.
(c) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(d) He needs more men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
2. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
4. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
5. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)