|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(d) Into a large lantana bush.
2. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A blue necklace.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A sari.
(d) A leg from below the knee.
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have all been remarkably fine.
(b) The tigers often have bald spots.
(c) They smell.
(d) They have a tendency to be mangy.
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(b) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
2. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
5. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)