|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
2. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) After they have been shot at by hunters.
(b) When their diet is low in salt.
(c) When people start to work in their territory.
(d) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(b) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(c) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(d) That the leopard may have moved.
4. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The nature of any disability it has.
(b) The supply of natural food in the area.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
2. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
3. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
4. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
5. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)