|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(b) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(c) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
2. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) The tigers often have bald spots.
(b) They smell.
(c) They have all been remarkably fine.
(d) They have a tendency to be mangy.
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) An old hip injury.
(b) Age and arthritis.
(c) Broken teeth from being shot.
(d) Congenital deformity.
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Devoured it.
(b) Ate a few bites.
(c) Left it.
(d) Took it to her cubs.
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Aggressive and cruel.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
2. What is Robin's pedigree?
3. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
4. When does Robin disappear?
5. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)