|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(b) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(c) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(d) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
2. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(d) No information that could explain what happened.
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(b) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(c) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
4. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs more men.
(b) He needs to get Robin.
(c) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Over four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
4. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
5. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)