|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
2. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(c) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(d) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
(b) Imported English hound.
(c) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(d) None of the above.
4. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(b) Instinctual and natural.
(c) Aggressive and cruel.
(d) Monarch of the forests.
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)