|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
2. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The supply of natural food in the area.
(b) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(c) The nature of any disability it has.
(d) All of the above.
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Imported English hound.
(c) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
(d) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(b) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(c) Injuries from a porcupine.
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(b) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(c) Go home and return the next day.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
2. When does Robin disappear?
3. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
4. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
5. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)