|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(b) That the leopard may have moved.
(c) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
3. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Left it.
(b) Took it to her cubs.
(c) Ate a few bites.
(d) Devoured it.
4. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(d) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
5. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
3. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
4. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)