|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(c) It is getting close to dark.
(d) He needs more men.
2. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The father of the latest victim.
(b) The local authorities.
(c) The people of the nearby village.
(d) The oldest women of the village.
3. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) The mayor of the township.
(b) Two other large game hunters.
(c) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(d) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
4. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(b) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(c) Being short tempered.
(d) Being difficult to work with in the field.
5. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(b) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(c) The buffalo gone.
(d) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
2. When does Robin disappear?
3. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
4. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
5. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)