|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Beating the tiger out of a ravine.
(b) Keeping vigil on the road until the tiger passes.
(c) Staking out buffalo as bait.
(d) Watching t
2. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(b) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(c) The tiger was wounded.
(d) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
3. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A fine male leopard.
(b) A young tiger looking for territory.
(c) A bear.
(d) The Chowgarh man-eater.
5. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His color.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His size.
(d) His intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
3. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
4. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
5. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)