|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(b) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(c) Go home and return the next day.
(d) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
2. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
(a) It usually kills people while they sleep.
(b) It moans almost all the time.
(c) None of the above.
(d) It moves at a sideways angle.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The direction it was heading.
(c) Whether the animal has recently eaten human flesh.
4. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
(a) The view.
(b) A massive bird of prey.
(c) An amazing butterfly.
5. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
(b) In a beautiful glade near his home.
(c) From the window of a train.
(d) After many days of stalking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin's pedigree?
2. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
3. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
5. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)