|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She lost her power of speech.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She became religious.
(d) She threw up.
2. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
(a) Frogs making the sound.
(b) Fresh pugmarks climbing a rocky bank.
(c) The villagers throwing rocks to scare the tiger.
(d) None of the above.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(b) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(c) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(d) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) Into a large lantana bush.
(c) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(b) That the leopard had killed him.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
2. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
3. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
4. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
5. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)