|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A young tiger looking for territory.
(b) The Chowgarh man-eater.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fine male leopard.
2. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) The leopard is near death.
(c) The leopard is alive and moving.
(d) A second leopard showed up.
3. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(b) Into a large lantana bush.
(c) Up a tree.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
4. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) The dak runner.
(c) A man and his buffalos.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
5. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) An old hip fracture.
(c) A bullet in his shoulder.
(d) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
5. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)