|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is much, much, more.
(b) It is slightly more.
(c) It is the same.
(d) It is slightly less.
2. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo gone.
(b) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(c) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(d) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(c) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(d) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
5. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Each other.
(b) A sleeping bear.
(c) A log.
(d) A snare trap for the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
2. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
4. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
5. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)