|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A large rock.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A shot to the head.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
3. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(d) Drive monkeys into the area.
4. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) No information that could explain what happened.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(d) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
5. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(b) The other big game hunters.
(c) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(d) None of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
3. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
4. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)