|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(b) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
(c) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(d) The tiger was wounded.
2. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) A man and his buffalos.
(b) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(c) A group of women cutting grass.
(d) The dak runner.
3. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(b) When all the men open fire.
(c) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
4. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(b) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(c) The gun jams and does not fire.
(d) They miss the shot.
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
2. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
3. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
4. What is only two or three hundred yards from the Foresters hut where Corbett stays in Mohan?
5. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)