|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
(a) She heals.
(b) She dies minutes later.
(c) She is left in the square where the tiger kills her that night.
(d) She dies weeks later of infection.
2. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is accompanied by a mate.
(b) It is accompanied by a leopard.
(c) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(d) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
3. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters.
(b) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(c) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(d) None of the above
4. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The leopard is near death.
(b) A second leopard showed up.
(c) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(d) The leopard is alive and moving.
5. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they only attack at night.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
5. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)