|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(b) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(c) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(d) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(c) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(d) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
4. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
(a) She dies weeks later of infection.
(b) She heals.
(c) She is left in the square where the tiger kills her that night.
(d) She dies minutes later.
5. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
(b) Riding a water buffalo.
(c) Running at full speed.
(d) Crawling on his stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
2. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
3. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
5. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)