|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(b) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(c) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(d) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(b) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(c) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(d) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
3. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters.
(b) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(c) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(d) None of the above
4. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) Hip dysplasia.
(b) Near sightedness.
(c) A blind eye.
(d) A weak heart.
5. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A strip of skin.
(d) A toe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
3. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
5. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)