|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(b) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(c) The mayor of the township.
(d) Two other large game hunters.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He needs more men.
(c) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
(b) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(c) The tiger was wounded.
(d) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
5. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(b) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) The gun jams and does not fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
3. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
4. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
5. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)