|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(c) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(d) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
2. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A shot to the head.
(b) A large rock.
(c) An axe.
(d) A hunting knife.
3. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
(b) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
(c) An American hunter.
(d) None of the above.
4. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
2. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
5. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)