|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
(a) Fresh pugmarks climbing a rocky bank.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The villagers throwing rocks to scare the tiger.
(d) Frogs making the sound.
2. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Snare traps.
(b) Forest fire.
(c) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(d) Poison bait.
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Beating the tiger out of a ravine.
(b) Watching t
(c) Staking out buffalo as bait.
(d) Keeping vigil on the road until the tiger passes.
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) At dawn the next morning.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) Late that afternoon.
(d) Two days later.
5. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
(a) He can't see into the bush and wishes to be carried.
(b) There are monkeys in the bush.
(c) The tiger is in the bush.
(d) He lost the scent trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
4. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
5. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)