|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Forty two.
(c) Four hundred and thirty six.
(d) Over a thousand.
2. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
(a) The view.
(b) A massive bird of prey.
(d) An amazing butterfly.
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
4. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A strip of skin.
(b) A toe.
(c) A small piece of his skull.
(d) A tooth.
5. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A child who strayed into the forest.
(b) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
(c) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
(d) An injured old lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
4. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
5. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)