|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A toe.
(c) A tooth.
(d) A strip of skin.
2. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A fine male leopard.
(b) A young tiger looking for territory.
(c) The Chowgarh man-eater.
(d) A bear.
3. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) Thorn bushes.
(b) His saddle and gun.
(d) A weaving loom.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
(b) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(c) The tiger being a man-eater.
(d) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Snare traps.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) Forest fire.
(d) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. When does Robin disappear?
5. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)