|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
(a) No footprints.
(b) A beaded necklace on the ground.
(c) A sickle and three lengths of rope on the ground.
(d) Body parts.
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(b) It was the only safe place for miles.
(c) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(d) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
3. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
(a) There are monkeys in the bush.
(b) The tiger is in the bush.
(c) He can't see into the bush and wishes to be carried.
(d) He lost the scent trail.
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Run away.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Fall over and lie still.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
5. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Clean his rifle.
(b) Tie Robin to a tree.
(c) Make a plan with the other men.
(d) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
2. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
3. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
4. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
5. When does Robin disappear?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)