|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
2. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The local authorities.
(b) The oldest women of the village.
(c) The people of the nearby village.
(d) The father of the latest victim.
3. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A young tiger looking for territory.
(b) A fine male leopard.
(c) A bear.
(d) The Chowgarh man-eater.
4. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A small herd of water buffalo.
(b) All of his men.
(c) A band of monkeys.
(d) The other big game hunters after him.
5. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) News of another person killed by the tiger.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(d) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
2. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
3. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
4. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
5. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)