|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(b) It is accompanied by a leopard.
(c) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
(d) It is accompanied by a mate.
2. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
(a) That we have no sense of smell.
(b) That it is technology, and not nature, that makes us strong.
(c) That we fight to preserve every one of our species.
(d) That we stalk them too.
3. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) A log.
(b) A sleeping bear.
(c) Each other.
(d) A snare trap for the tiger.
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Fall over and lie still.
(b) Try to attack Corbett.
(c) Run away.
(d) Rip a tree to shreds.
5. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Late that afternoon.
(c) At dawn the next morning.
(d) Just agout an hour later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
2. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
3. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)