|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(b) News of another person killed by the tiger.
(c) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
(d) A violent storm.
2. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The wind and a good hunting dog.
(c) Monkeys and luck.
(d) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
3. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) The twitching of his left ear.
(b) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
(d) None of the above.
4. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The oldest women of the village.
(b) The father of the latest victim.
(c) The local authorities.
(d) The people of the nearby village.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Poison bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
2. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
3. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
5. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)