|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) Two other large game hunters.
(b) The mayor of the township.
(c) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(d) The grandmother of the latest victim.
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She threw up.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She lost her power of speech.
(d) She became religious.
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Make a plan with the other men.
(b) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(c) Tie Robin to a tree.
(d) Clean his rifle.
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(b) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
5. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A strip of skin.
(b) A toe.
(c) A small piece of his skull.
(d) A tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
2. What is Robin's pedigree?
3. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
5. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)