|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) A log.
(b) Each other.
(c) A sleeping bear.
(d) A snare trap for the tiger.
2. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
(d) News of another person killed by the tiger.
3. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The people of the nearby village.
(b) The oldest women of the village.
(c) The father of the latest victim.
(d) The local authorities.
4. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A band of monkeys.
(b) The other big game hunters after him.
(c) All of his men.
(d) A small herd of water buffalo.
5. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
(a) It moves at a sideways angle.
(b) It moans almost all the time.
(c) It usually kills people while they sleep.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
3. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
5. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)