|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) After many days of stalking him.
(b) From the window of a train.
(c) In a beautiful glade near his home.
(d) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
2. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(b) It is getting close to dark.
(c) He needs to get Robin.
(d) He needs more men.
3. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A wild shot Corbett made.
(c) The call of Corbett's men on the ridge.
(d) Another tiger arriving.
4. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(b) A fictional account of heroism.
(c) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(d) A local legend.
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being short tempered.
(b) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(c) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(d) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
3. What does the snake do when Corbett hits the back of its head with a stone?
4. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)