|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(b) Robin dies.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
2. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(c) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(d) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
3. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) When the villagers realize what he needs.
(b) On his way into town.
(c) When he goes to get water for tea.
(d) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
2. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
3. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
5. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)