|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The twitching of his left ear.
(d) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
2. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) An seafaring internship.
(b) Training as a tour guide.
(c) Enlist in the military.
(d) Finish school.
3. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
(b) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(c) When they are traveling out of town.
(d) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
4. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(b) When all the men open fire.
(c) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(d) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
3. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)