|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
(b) When the villagers realize what he needs.
(c) On his way into town.
(d) When he goes to get water for tea.
2. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(b) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
(c) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(d) He uses the venom as poison.
3. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(d) The time Robin saved his life.
4. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A strip of skin.
(c) A toe.
(d) A tooth.
5. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Make a plan with the other men.
(b) Clean his rifle.
(c) Tie Robin to a tree.
(d) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
2. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
3. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
4. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)