|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) At dawn the next morning.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) Late that afternoon.
(d) Two days later.
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
3. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(b) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
4. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
(b) After many days of stalking him.
(c) From the window of a train.
(d) In a beautiful glade near his home.
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(b) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(c) Go home and return the next day.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
2. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
3. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
4. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
5. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)