|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(b) Tie Robin to a tree.
(c) Make a plan with the other men.
(d) Clean his rifle.
2. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Drive monkeys into the area.
(d) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) At dawn the next morning.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Late that afternoon.
4. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(b) None of the above
(c) The other big game hunters.
(d) The owner of the water fuffalo.
5. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
(a) Corbett fires his rifle and drives it away.
(b) He gets tired of prowling.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Another tiger calls nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
2. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
3. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
4. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)