|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snake do when Corbett hits the back of its head with a stone?
(b) Flee into the forest.
(c) Whip around and turn to attack him.
(d) Sink to the bottom of the pool.
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) All of his men.
(b) The other big game hunters after him.
(c) A band of monkeys.
(d) A small herd of water buffalo.
3. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(b) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
5. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(b) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(c) He uses the venom as poison.
(d) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
4. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
5. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)