|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A toe.
(c) A strip of skin.
(d) A tooth.
2. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Drive monkeys into the area.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(d) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
3. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a large lantana bush.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(d) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
5. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) The dak runner.
(c) A man and his buffalos.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
2. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
3. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)