|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(b) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
2. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) The dak runner.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
4. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His color.
(d) His size.
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Wedged in between two rocks.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Lying down in the open.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
2. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
3. When does Robin disappear?
4. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
5. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)