|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
(b) The twitching of his left ear.
(c) None of the above.
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters after him.
(b) All of his men.
(c) A small herd of water buffalo.
(d) A band of monkeys.
3. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(a) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
(b) He uses the venom as poison.
(c) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
4. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(a) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
(b) It is stalking him.
(c) A teasing langur.
5. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
(a) When he trips into the ravine.
(b) When he climbs a knoll to rest at dawn.
(c) When Corbett tracks the tiger.
(d) When the villagers return to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
2. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
3. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
4. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
5. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)