|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
(a) When Corbett tracks the tiger.
(b) When the villagers return to work.
(c) When he climbs a knoll to rest at dawn.
(d) When he trips into the ravine.
2. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Corbett fires his rifle and drives it away.
(c) He gets tired of prowling.
(d) Another tiger calls nearby.
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(b) Robin's puppies are born.
(c) Robin dies.
(d) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
4. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(a) It is stalking him.
(b) A teasing langur.
(c) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
5. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
(a) A langur warning call.
(b) News of another death in a neighboring town.
(c) The tiger calling.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
2. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
3. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
4. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)