|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters.
(b) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(c) None of the above
(d) The owner of the water fuffalo.
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
3. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
4. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters after him.
(b) All of his men.
(c) A band of monkeys.
(d) A small herd of water buffalo.
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Robin dies.
(d) Robin's puppies are born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
2. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
3. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
4. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)