|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(b) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(c) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(d) Being short tempered.
2. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(a) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
(c) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(d) He uses the venom as poison.
3. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(d) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
4. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His size.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His color.
(d) His teeth.
5. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
2. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
4. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
5. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)