|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
(a) Send a telegram to Corbett.
(b) Searches all night in the wilderness for him.
(c) Weep uncontrollably.
(d) Gather a group to go on a tiger hunt.
2. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Lure the tiger to him.
(b) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(c) Dress as woman working in the field.
(d) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
3. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(d) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The youngest man-eater.
(b) A tiger of the most unusual color.
(c) The most sought after big game trophy in the province.
(d) The old foe of a renowned hunter.
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(b) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(c) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snake do when Corbett hits the back of its head with a stone?
2. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
3. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
4. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
5. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)