|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The leopard is near death.
(b) The leopard is alive and moving.
(c) A second leopard showed up.
(d) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
2. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Try to attack Corbett.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fall over and lie still.
3. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(b) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(c) Being short tempered.
(d) Being difficult to work with in the field.
4. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above
(b) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(c) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(d) The other big game hunters.
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(b) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(c) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(d) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
2. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
3. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
4. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)