|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
2. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) The leopard is alive and moving.
(c) A second leopard showed up.
(d) The leopard is near death.
3. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(b) A local legend.
(c) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(d) A fictional account of heroism.
4. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(d) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(b) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(c) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(d) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)