|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
(a) Keep vigil over the kill.
(b) Stake out another bufallo.
(c) Organize a beat.
(d) Lace the kill with poison.
2. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His color.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His size.
(d) His intelligence.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(c) He needs more men.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(b) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(c) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Wedged in between two rocks.
(c) Lying down in the open.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
2. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
3. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)