|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A local legend.
(b) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(c) A fictional account of heroism.
(d) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
2. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(b) When they are traveling out of town.
(c) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
(d) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
3. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Drive monkeys into the area.
(d) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
4. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Training as a tour guide.
(b) An seafaring internship.
(c) Finish school.
(d) Enlist in the military.
5. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
(a) He wants to listen to the sounds around him.
(b) The view is remarkable.
(c) He doesn't want to maneuver a gun with sweaty hands.
(d) He has an overwhelming sense of doom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
4. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
5. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)