|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The most sought after big game trophy in the province.
(b) The youngest man-eater.
(c) A tiger of the most unusual color.
(d) The old foe of a renowned hunter.
2. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
(a) Organize a beat.
(b) Stake out another bufallo.
(c) Keep vigil over the kill.
(d) Lace the kill with poison.
3. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
(a) He wants to listen to the sounds around him.
(b) The view is remarkable.
(c) He doesn't want to maneuver a gun with sweaty hands.
(d) He has an overwhelming sense of doom.
4. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
(b) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(c) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
(d) When they are traveling out of town.
5. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(b) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(c) A fictional account of heroism.
(d) A local legend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
2. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
4. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)