|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
(a) To find the young man's father.
(b) They heard the tiger and decided to hunt it.
(c) In search of fodder for cattle.
(d) Three women were missing.
2. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(b) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
(c) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(d) He uses the venom as poison.
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(b) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(c) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(d) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
4. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(b) A local legend.
(c) A fictional account of heroism.
(d) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
5. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) A second leopard showed up.
(b) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(c) The leopard is near death.
(d) The leopard is alive and moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
2. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)