|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Spade turn over to the police?
2. Who does Gutman say he hired to steal the falcon from the Russian?
3. Who does Spade have to keep an appointment with in this chapter?
4. What does Spade drink to seal his deal with Gutman?
5. Who does Sam send Iva to see?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Hammett's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
The Maltese is a famous book which has greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a film or book written after The Maltese Falcon that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of:
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)