|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cairo from?
2. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
3. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
4. When will the Wonderly's parents be back from Europe?
(a) Ten days
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) Three weeks
5. Who does Effie say has tried to contact Spade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young doing?
2. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
3. How much did Cairo offer Brigid to get the statuette back from a Russian?
4. What is Miss Wonderly's first name?
5. In what city does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
2. How does SPade calm Brigid down in the tenth chapter?
3. Why is the sixth chapter called the undersized shadow?
4. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
5. In what way does Spade choose loyalty over Brigid in the final chapter?
6. What does Gutman's treatment of Rhea say about his character?
7. Why is Brigid so distressed in the fourth chapter?
8. In what way is Spade shown to be a lady killer in the ninth chapter?
9. In what way do Spade's qualities come out in this chapter?
10. What do Spade and Tom Polhaus discuss in the second chapter?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)