|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade want Brigid to tell him a story about?
(b) Her affair with Thursby
(c) Her life
(d) The falcon
2. What does Brigid offer Spade?
(b) Her body
(c) Her apartment
(d) Her hand in marriage
3. Whose apartment does Spade go to in this chapter?
(a) Iva's apartment
(b) Brigid's apartment
(c) Cairo's apartment
(d) Effie's apartment
4. Who does Brigid say hid the statue?
(b) Her sister
(c) Sam Spade
(d) Miles Archer
5. What useful things does Spade find in Brigid's apartment?
(a) Love letters
(d) Her bank details
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spade say is still outside?
2. Where is the Ambassador Hotel?
3. Who tells Spade what happened to Archer?
4. What does Spade say he does not have?
5. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sid Wise reveal about Iva in the twelfth chapter?
2. How does Spade react to seeing the young man in the tenth chapter?
3. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
4. Describe the story Gutman tell in the Russian's Hand.
5. In what way do Spade's qualities come out in this chapter?
6. How does Spade react to Brigid not being able to afford his services?
7. What does horse feathers mean in terms of the eighth chapter?
8. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side in the seventeenth chapter?
9. What are the district attorney's theories about who the killer is?
10. Describe the game going on between Brigid and Spade?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)