|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spade want Brigid to tell him a story about?
(a) Her affair with Thursby
(b) Her life
(d) The falcon
2. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
3. Which two characters are left alone in the apartment?
(a) Spade and Dundy
(b) Dundy and Polhaus
(c) Brigid and Spade
(d) Polhaus and Spade
4. Which policeman does Spade regard as his friend?
(a) Jack Nobbs
(b) Sargeant Henry
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Tom Polhaus
5. What is the name of the man Miss Wonderly sister left New York with?
(a) Floyd Thursby
(c) Jack Wonderly
(d) Sam Spade
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
2. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
3. What continent have Wonderly's parent traveled to?
4. Where is Cairo from?
5. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigid tell Spade about her part in the falcon in the ninth chapter?
2. How does Spade react to Brigid not being able to afford his services?
3. What has happened to Miss Wonderly's sister?
4. How has Spade approached the case so far?
5. Describe the man's entrance into Spade's office at the end of the fifteenth chapter?
6. What does Spade tell Polhaus and Dundy at the end of the seventh chapter?
7. Why is Brigid so distressed in the fourth chapter?
8. What message does Miss Wonderly leave for Spade in the second chapter?
9. In what way does Brigid show her desperation for Spade services in the sixth chapter?
10. What is Spade's ulterior motive in helping out Brigid?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)