|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Wonderly's first name?
2. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To kill him
(b) To take him as a hostage
(c) To strip search him
(d) To search his office
3. Who yells from the living room?
(c) Spade's sister
(d) Spade's cat
4. Who does Miss Wonderly say Spade should ask for?
(a) Miss LeBlanc
(b) Miss Lucky
(c) Miss Locket
(d) Miss Fantastique
5. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
(a) That he is a fraudster
(b) That he is a Levantine
(c) That he is a homosexual
(d) That he cannot shoot
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are left alone in the apartment?
2. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
3. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
4. What does Spade say he does not have?
5. Who does Spade say is still outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
2. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
3. How does SPade react to hearing his partners death in the second chapter?
4. What does the final chapter say about Spade's character?
5. In what way does Spade choose loyalty over Brigid in the final chapter?
6. Describe the game going on between Brigid and Spade?
7. What is Spade's excuse for Cairo and Brigid's behavior at the beginning of the eighth chapter?
8. What message does Miss Wonderly leave for Spade in the second chapter?
9. What does Sid Wise reveal about Iva in the twelfth chapter?
10. How does SPade calm Brigid down in the tenth chapter?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)