|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How money does Spade accept as a retainer?
2. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(b) The young man
3. Who does Spade visit after searching Brigid's apartment?
4. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the nose
(b) In the groin
(c) In the jaw
(d) In the stomach
5. Where did Brigid meet Thursby?
(a) Hong Kong
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
2. What is the name of this chapter?
3. What is the name of the Russian?
4. Why does Cairo ask Spade to stand?
5. What does Spade take out of Cairo's pocket when he is unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
2. How has Spade approached the case so far?
3. Why is the thirteenth chapter titled Paloma?
4. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
5. What does horse feathers mean in terms of the eighth chapter?
6. What does Brigid tell Spade about her part in the falcon in the ninth chapter?
7. What is Spade's ulterior motive in helping out Brigid?
8. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
9. Why does Spade think it is a good idea to use a fall guy?
10. How does Spade react to Iva's presence in the second chapter?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)