|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Spade go to next?
(a) The murder scene
(b) New York
(c) Miss Wonderly's hotel
(d) The police station
2. Why could Spade not of killed Thursby?
(a) He loved him
(b) He had no motive
(c) He had never met him
(d) He was paying him a lot of money
3. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
(a) Pours a beer
(b) Rolls a cigarette
(c) Phones the police
(d) Leaves the house
4. Whose house does Spade recommend Brigid stays at?
(c) His own
5. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) His relationship with Iva
(b) His relatonship with Brigid
(c) His business practices
(d) Thursby's murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sam's lawyer?
2. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
3. What continent have Wonderly's parent traveled to?
4. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
5. Why does Cairo ask Spade to stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Spade and Archer make in the first chapter?
2. What does Brigid tell Spade about her part in the falcon in the ninth chapter?
3. What are the district attorney's theories about who the killer is?
4. What do the police see when they enter Spade's apartment in the eighth chapter?
5. In what way does Spade choose loyalty over Brigid in the final chapter?
6. In what way does Cairo turn the tables on Spade in the fifth chapter?
7. Why is the sixth chapter called the undersized shadow?
8. How are Spade suspicions about Cairo's sexual orientation confirmed by Brigid?
9. What does Spade say Brigid, Cairo and Gutman do aboard the La Paloma?
10. Describe the story Gutman tell in the Russian's Hand.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)