|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) His relationship with Iva
(b) His relatonship with Brigid
(c) Thursby's murder
(d) His business practices
2. Where does Spade go to next?
(a) The police station
(b) New York
(c) Miss Wonderly's hotel
(d) The murder scene
3. What does Cairo do when Spade returns his gun?
(a) Points it at spade
(b) Puts it in his pocket
(c) Shoots the office windows
(d) Puts on the safety
4. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
5. Who does Spade hope to see at the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the man from in Spade's story?
2. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
3. What is the undersized shadow?
4. What is the name of the man Miss Wonderly sister left New York with?
5. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side?
2. What does Sid Wise reveal about Iva in the twelfth chapter?
3. What was Brigid's relationship with Thursby?
4. Describe the man's entrance into Spade's office at the end of the fifteenth chapter?
5. Describe the game going on between Brigid and Spade?
6. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
7. In what way does Spade choose loyalty over Brigid in the final chapter?
8. How does SPade calm Brigid down in the tenth chapter?
9. How does Spade react to seeing the young man in the tenth chapter?
10. What does Spade tell Brigid that Cairo wants?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)