|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
2. What is Sam doing when his phone rings?
(c) Fixing his sink
(d) Watching TV
3. What does Spade think of Brigid's story?
(b) A lie
(d) The truth
4. What is Brigid's excuse for not telling Spade about the Falcon?
(a) She wants to cook dinner
(b) She has to have a bath
(c) She doesn't know anything
(d) It is late
5. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
(a) New York
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
2. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
3. What is the name of Spade's secretary?
4. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
5. What is Cairo trying to find in Spade office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Spade and Archer make in the first chapter?
2. What does Spade say Brigid, Cairo and Gutman do aboard the La Paloma?
3. What problems has Gutman had trying to get the falcon?
4. Why is the fifth chapter call ed the Levantine?
5. What does horse feathers mean in terms of the eighth chapter?
6. Describe the game going on between Brigid and Spade?
7. What is Spade's ulterior motive in helping out Brigid?
8. What do the police see when they enter Spade's apartment in the eighth chapter?
9. What does Gutman's treatment of Rhea say about his character?
10. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side in the seventeenth chapter?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)