|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Wonderly say Spade should ask for?
(a) Miss LeBlanc
(b) Miss Lucky
(c) Miss Fantastique
(d) Miss Locket
2. What city is the man from in Spade's story?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) New York
3. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her keys
(c) Her cigarettes
(d) Her passport
4. Who is going to follow Floyd?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Effie perine
(d) Miles Archer
5. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two days
(c) A month
(d) A week
Short Answer Questions
1. What useful things does Spade find in Brigid's apartment?
2. What does Spade tell Brigid to do to get more money?
3. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
4. How money does Spade accept as a retainer?
5. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems has Gutman had trying to get the falcon?
2. How does Spade react to Brigid not being able to afford his services?
3. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side?
4. What are the district attorney's theories about who the killer is?
5. What do Spade and Tom Polhaus discuss in the second chapter?
6. Why is the thirteenth chapter titled Paloma?
7. What does Spade work out about Miss Wonderly in the second chapter?
8. What does the final chapter say about Spade's character?
9. What does Brigid tell Spade about her part in the falcon in the ninth chapter?
10. How does Spade react to Iva's presence in the second chapter?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)