|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How money does Spade accept as a retainer?
2. Who does Miss Wonderly say Spade should ask for?
(a) Miss Locket
(b) Miss Lucky
(c) Miss Fantastique
(d) Miss LeBlanc
3. Who announces the arrival of Miss Wonderly?
(a) Effie Perine
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Miles Archer
(d) Iva Archer
4. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(d) Her own
5. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
(a) Miles Archer
(b) Iva Archer
(c) Floyd Thursby
(d) Miss Wonderly
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spade get to the murder site?
2. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
3. Who yells from the living room?
4. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
5. Who does Spade say Miles Archer was trailing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side?
2. What does Spade say Brigid, Cairo and Gutman do aboard the La Paloma?
3. What problems has Gutman had trying to get the falcon?
4. What do Spade and Tom Polhaus discuss in the second chapter?
5. Why does Brigid say she sought Spade's help?
6. What has happened to Miss Wonderly's sister?
7. How does SPade react to hearing his partners death in the second chapter?
8. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
9. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
10. In what way is the novel's attitude towards women demeaning?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)