|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigid offer Spade?
(a) Her apartment
(b) Her body
(d) Her hand in marriage
2. What is the young doing?
(a) Reading the newspaper
(b) Loading his gun
(c) Talking on the phone
(d) Staring at Spade
3. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(d) The young man
4. What is the name of this chapter?
(b) G in the air
(c) The Fat Man
(d) Horse Feathers
5. Who does Spade spot in the hotel?
(c) The young man trailing him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this chapter called the Levantine?
2. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
3. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
4. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
5. How is Iva related to Miles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Spade shown to be a lady killer in the ninth chapter?
2. How has Spade approached the case so far?
3. Why is Brigid so distressed in the fourth chapter?
4. What does Sid Wise reveal about Iva in the twelfth chapter?
5. How does Spade react to seeing the young man in the tenth chapter?
6. Why does Brigid want to get rid of the falcon?
7. In what way is the novel's attitude towards women demeaning?
8. What is Spade's excuse for Cairo and Brigid's behavior at the beginning of the eighth chapter?
9. What is Spade's ulterior motive in helping out Brigid?
10. What do Spade and Tom Polhaus discuss in the second chapter?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)