|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Wonderly say Spade should ask for?
(a) Miss Lucky
(b) Miss LeBlanc
(c) Miss Locket
(d) Miss Fantastique
2. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
3. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Spits in his face
(b) Knock him out
(c) Kisses him
(d) Kicks him in the groin
4. Who is the next person to arrive at Spade's office?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Effie Perin
(c) Floyd Thursby
(d) Joel Cairo
5. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) Thursby's murder
(b) His relationship with Iva
(c) His relatonship with Brigid
(d) His business practices
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
2. When will the Wonderly's parents be back from Europe?
3. What is the undersized shadow?
4. Who does Spade say Miles Archer was trailing?
5. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police see when they enter Spade's apartment in the eighth chapter?
2. Whay does Miss Wonderly pay the men $200?
3. What does Brigid tell Spade about her part in the falcon in the ninth chapter?
4. How does Spade rid Cairo of his weapon?
5. Describe the iconic dialogue Hammet uses in the novel.
6. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
7. In what way does Brigid show her desperation for Spade services in the sixth chapter?
8. What message does Miss Wonderly leave for Spade in the second chapter?
9. What does the final chapter say about Spade's character?
10. In what way does Cairo turn the tables on Spade in the fifth chapter?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)