|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigid want to know about Spade's meeting with Cairo?
(a) If he asked for Spade's help
(b) What he said about her
(c) The color of his eyes
(d) If he had the statuette
2. What is the name of Sam's lawyer?
(a) Fred Clever
(b) Sid Wise
(c) Larry Dunce
(d) Johnny Quick
3. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
4. How much is Cairo willing to pay Spade?
5. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
(a) A rehearsal of a play
(b) A domestic
(c) Gun practise
(d) A joke
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the arrival of Miss Wonderly?
2. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
3. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
4. What building does Miss Wonderly want Spade to meet her at?
5. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
2. What is Spade's relationship with the three women he has met so far in the novel?
3. In what way does the sixteenth chapter express the problems of its time?
4. How does Spade react to Miss Wonderly's presence?
5. How does Spade react to seeing the young man in the tenth chapter?
6. What happens when Spade returns to his apartment in the second chapter?
7. Why does Gutman want to keep Spade on his good side in the seventeenth chapter?
8. In what way is Spade shown to be a lady killer in the ninth chapter?
9. What does Spade tell Brigid that Cairo wants?
10. In what way does Brigid show her desperation for Spade services in the sixth chapter?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)