|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Brigid give Spade?
2. How does Spade act to Brigid's story?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He slaps her
(c) He shoots her
(d) He laughs
3. What did Spade earlier take from Cairo's pocket?
(c) A theater ticket
4. Who is going to follow Floyd?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Effie perine
(d) Miles Archer
5. What is the name of Spade's partner?
(a) Frank Spade
(b) Philip Marlowe
(c) Miles Archer
(d) Davis Archer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spade hope to see at the theater?
2. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
3. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
4. Who arrives at Spade's apartment in this chapter?
5. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Spade and Archer make in the first chapter?
2. What does Spade work out about Miss Wonderly in the second chapter?
3. Why does Brigid say she sought Spade's help?
4. What has happened to Miss Wonderly's sister?
5. How does SPade calm Brigid down in the tenth chapter?
6. What does Spade tell Brigid that Cairo wants?
7. In what way does Spade choose loyalty over Brigid in the final chapter?
8. How does Spade react to Iva's presence in the second chapter?
9. Describe Cairo's appearance in the hotel lobby in the tenth chapter.
10. Describe the story Spade tells Brigid at the beginning of the seventh chapter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)