|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in this chapter has their gun drawn?
2. How much money does Brigid give Spade?
3. Who does Spade say Miles Archer was trailing?
(a) Floyd Thursby
(b) Effie Perine
(c) Miss Wonderly
(d) Iva Archer
4. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is rich
(b) He is a hoodlum
(c) He is a psychotic
(d) He works for the government
5. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man find a new family?
2. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
3. What does Spade say he does not have?
4. What is the name of Spade's partner?
5. What does Cairo do when Spade returns his gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the thirteenth chapter titled Paloma?
2. In what way does Cairo turn the tables on Spade in the fifth chapter?
3. How was the falcon made?
4. What does Spade tell Polhaus and Dundy at the end of the seventh chapter?
5. How does Spade react to Brigid not being able to afford his services?
6. What does Gutman's treatment of Rhea say about his character?
7. How does SPade calm Brigid down in the tenth chapter?
8. How does Spade react to Iva's apology in the eleventh chapter?
9. Why does Brigid say she sought Spade's help?
10. In what way does Brigid show her desperation for Spade services in the sixth chapter?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)