|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
(a) Her key
(b) Her hotel
(c) Her bank vault
(d) Her apartment
2. Whose house does Spade recommend Brigid stays at?
(c) His own
3. Why could Spade not of killed Thursby?
(a) He had never met him
(b) He had no motive
(c) He loved him
(d) He was paying him a lot of money
4. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(a) Her own
5. How is Iva related to Miles?
(a) His sister
(b) His daughter
(c) His wife
(d) His mother
6. Which hotel does Spade ring?
(a) Hotel Belvedere
(b) Hotel Paris
(c) Hotel Lucky
(d) Hotel Wonderly
7. Who does Brigid say hid the statue?
(b) Her sister
(c) Sam Spade
(d) Miles Archer
8. In what city does the story take place?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
9. Why is this chapter called the Levantine?
(a) The statue is situated in Levant
(b) Spade wants to be a Levantine
(c) Cairo looks like a Levantine
(d) Cairo is from Levant
10. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
(a) New York
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
11. Which other policeman arrives with Tom Poulhaus?
(a) Lieutenant Dundy
(b) Lieutenant Flump
(c) Officer Jones
(d) Sergeant Franks
12. How many hours had Brigid been waiting in Spade's office?
(a) Three hours
(b) One hour
(c) Four hours
(d) two hours
13. What does the caller reveal?
(a) He is taking Spade to court
(b) Spade is a fraud
(c) He knows where Miss Wonderly's sister is
(d) Miles is dead
14. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
(a) To avoid speculation about their affair
(b) Miss Wonderly is about to arrive
(c) The police are coming
(d) To get on with business
15. Which character in this chapter has their gun drawn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Spade when he arrives back at his office?
2. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
3. What is the young doing?
4. What two policeman are at the door?
5. Who does Spade tell the young man to get in contact with him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)