|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spade get to the murder site?
(a) Takes a bus
(d) Takes a cab
2. Whose house does Spade recommend Brigid stays at?
(b) His own
3. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
4. What is the name of Spade's secretary?
(a) Marie Spade
(b) Effie Wonderly
(c) Marie Wonderly
(d) Effie perine
5. Which policeman does Spade regard as his friend?
(a) Jack Nobbs
(b) Sargeant Henry
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Tom Polhaus
6. How does Spade act to Brigid's story?
(a) He laughs
(b) He kisses her
(c) He slaps her
(d) He shoots her
7. In what city does the story take place?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
8. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Knock him out
(b) Kisses him
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Kicks him in the groin
9. Where does Spade go to next?
(a) The police station
(b) The murder scene
(c) New York
(d) Miss Wonderly's hotel
10. Why does Cairo pull out his gun?
(a) To kill Spade
(b) To search Spade's office
(c) To kill himself
(d) For a joke
11. What does Spade say he does not have?
(a) Brigid's file
(d) The statuette
12. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
(a) That the young man is still outside
(b) That he loves her
(c) That the the coffee is caffiene free
(d) That he has made vegetarian sandwiches
13. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the groin
(b) In the jaw
(c) In the nose
(d) In the stomach
14. Who announces the arrival of Miss Wonderly?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Effie Perine
(d) Miles Archer
15. Why does Brigid want to get rid of the statuette?
(a) She wants to marry Spade
(b) She wants to help Cairo
(c) She fears for her safety
(d) She thinks it is ugly
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
2. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
3. Which character in this chapter has their gun drawn?
4. When was Thursby found dead?
5. What useful things does Spade find in Brigid's apartment?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)