|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
(a) To get on with business
(b) Miss Wonderly is about to arrive
(c) To avoid speculation about their affair
(d) The police are coming
2. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
(a) To meet Thursby
(b) to meet her lover
(c) To pay her bill
(d) To make a phonecall
3. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) The Fat Man
(c) G in the air
(d) Horse Feathers
4. Who is waiting for Spade when he arrives back at his office?
(a) Effie Perine
(b) Iva Archer
(c) Miss Wonderly
(d) Tom Polhaus
5. Which hotel has Miss Wonderly left a forwarding address?
(a) The Ambassador Hotel
(b) The Washington Hotel
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) The Griffiths Hotel
6. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
7. What does the caller reveal?
(a) Miles is dead
(b) He is taking Spade to court
(c) Spade is a fraud
(d) He knows where Miss Wonderly's sister is
8. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(b) Love letters
(c) The falcon
9. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the jaw
(b) In the nose
(c) In the groin
(d) In the stomach
10. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is rich
(b) He is a psychotic
(c) He works for the government
(d) He is a hoodlum
11. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
(a) A rare coin
(b) The ark
(c) His mother
(d) A black statuette of a bird
12. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To strip search him
(b) To take him as a hostage
(c) To search his office
(d) To kill him
13. How does Spade act to Brigid's story?
(a) He shoots her
(b) He kisses her
(c) He slaps her
(d) He laughs
14. What does Spade think of Brigid's story?
(c) A lie
(d) The truth
15. Who yells from the living room?
(b) Spade's cat
(c) Spade's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man find a new family?
2. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
3. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
4. What is the young doing?
5. What is Cairo trying to find in Spade office?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)