|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Effie say has tried to contact Spade?
2. What is the undersized shadow?
(a) Joel Cairo
(b) Spade's gun
(c) The man following Spade
(d) Spade's ego
3. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(b) Love letters
(d) The falcon
4. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
5. Which other policeman arrives with Tom Poulhaus?
(a) Sergeant Franks
(b) Officer Jones
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Lieutenant Flump
6. Why does Cairo pull out his gun?
(a) To kill himself
(b) For a joke
(c) To kill Spade
(d) To search Spade's office
7. What is Cairo trying to find in Spade office?
(b) The statuette
(d) Information on Brigid's case
8. What is the name of the Russian?
9. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
(a) Miss Wonderly
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Miles Archer
(d) Iva Archer
10. What does Brigid want to know about Spade's meeting with Cairo?
(a) If he had the statuette
(b) What he said about her
(c) The color of his eyes
(d) If he asked for Spade's help
11. What does Spade tell Brigid to do to get more money?
(a) Pawn her jewelry
(b) Hand out leaflets
(d) Walk the streets
12. Where did Brigid meet Thursby?
(a) Hong Kong
13. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A week
(c) Two days
(d) A month
14. Who does Spade leave a message for when he rings the hotel?
(a) The Undersized Shadow
(c) His mother
15. What city is the man from in Spade's story?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours had Brigid been waiting in Spade's office?
2. Whose house does Spade recommend Brigid stays at?
3. Why does Spade he kisses Brigid?
4. Where is Cairo from?
5. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)