|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
(a) The police are coming
(b) Miss Wonderly is about to arrive
(c) To avoid speculation about their affair
(d) To get on with business
2. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
(a) To pay her bill
(b) To meet Thursby
(c) to meet her lover
(d) To make a phonecall
3. Who is waiting for Spade when he arrives back at his office?
(a) Miss Wonderly
(b) Iva Archer
(c) Tom Polhaus
(d) Effie Perine
4. What does Spade tell the police about his relationship with Iva?
(a) He denies it
(b) She forced herself on him
(c) It was on Miles' consent
(d) It was a bit of fun
5. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
(a) The ark
(b) His mother
(c) A black statuette of a bird
(d) A rare coin
6. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(c) San Francisco
7. Where is Cairo from?
8. Why does Spade he kisses Brigid?
(a) She is beautiful
(b) To shut her up
(c) She needs a man
(d) She is a charming liar
9. What is the name of Spade's partner?
(a) Philip Marlowe
(b) Davis Archer
(c) Frank Spade
(d) Miles Archer
10. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
11. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
(a) Her keys
(b) Her cigarettes
(c) Her passport
(d) Her purse
12. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
13. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(b) The falcon
(c) Love letters
14. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
15. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is rich
(b) He is a psychotic
(c) He is a hoodlum
(d) He works for the government
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade take out of Cairo's pocket when he is unconscious?
2. What color does Spade say Brigid's eyes are in this chapter?
3. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
4. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
5. What continent have Wonderly's parent traveled to?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)