|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cairo from?
2. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
(a) Her passport
(b) Her keys
(c) Her cigarettes
(d) Her purse
3. Whose apartment does Spade go to in this chapter?
(a) Brigid's apartment
(b) Iva's apartment
(c) Cairo's apartment
(d) Effie's apartment
4. Who yells from the living room?
(a) Spade's sister
(c) Spade's cat
5. Who does Spade leave a message for when he rings the hotel?
(a) The Undersized Shadow
(c) His mother
6. Where did the man find a new family?
(d) New York
7. What is Cairo trying to find in Spade office?
(a) Information on Brigid's case
(d) The statuette
8. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Iva Archer's
(b) His own
(c) Effie Perine's
(d) Miss Wonderly's
9. Where has Cairo spent the night?
(a) The police station
(b) A brothel
(c) A train
(d) The park
10. Why did Thursby and Brigid go to San Francisco?
(a) They wanted to sell poetry
(b) The police were after them
(c) They wanted to raise a family
(d) Cairo was double crossing them
11. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
(a) Miles Archer
(b) Iva Archer
(c) Floyd Thursby
(d) Miss Wonderly
12. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
(a) Two days
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) Two weeks
13. Which hotel has Miss Wonderly left a forwarding address?
(a) The Griffiths Hotel
(b) The Washington Hotel
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) The Ambassador Hotel
14. Why could Spade not of killed Thursby?
(a) He was paying him a lot of money
(b) He had never met him
(c) He had no motive
(d) He loved him
15. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
(a) Handcuffs him
(c) Kicks him
(d) Hit him
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose behalf is Cairo acting?
2. What is the name of the Russian?
3. How many hours had Brigid been waiting in Spade's office?
4. Who is going to follow Floyd?
5. How much is Cairo willing to pay Spade?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)