|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theatre does Spade go to?
(a) The Avant-garde Theater
(b) Geary Theater
(c) King George Theater
(d) Apollo Theater
2. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
3. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
(a) Pours a beer
(b) Phones the police
(c) Leaves the house
(d) Rolls a cigarette
4. Why does Spade say he urged Cairo and Brigid to play along with his joke?
(a) He wanted to make them look stupid
(b) He wanted to see Dundy smile
(c) He wanted to divert their attention
(d) He was tired of answering questions
5. Where is Cairo from?
6. When was Thursby found dead?
(a) A month ago
(b) The previous night
(c) That morning
(d) A week before
7. How is Iva related to Miles?
(a) His sister
(b) His daughter
(c) His wife
(d) His mother
8. Which hotel has Miss Wonderly left a forwarding address?
(a) The Four Seasons
(b) The Griffiths Hotel
(c) The Washington Hotel
(d) The Ambassador Hotel
9. Who does Spade visit after searching Brigid's apartment?
10. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
(a) Hit him
(c) Handcuffs him
(d) Kicks him
11. What does Spade tell the police about his relationship with Iva?
(a) She forced herself on him
(b) He denies it
(c) It was on Miles' consent
(d) It was a bit of fun
12. Which policeman does Spade regard as his friend?
(a) Jack Nobbs
(b) Sargeant Henry
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Tom Polhaus
13. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(d) Her own
14. Where did the man find a new family?
(c) New York
15. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
(a) That he is a fraudster
(b) That he is a Levantine
(c) That he cannot shoot
(d) That he is a homosexual
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
2. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
3. Why does Cairo pull out his gun?
4. How does Spade get to the murder site?
5. How money does Spade accept as a retainer?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)