|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
2. Which character in this chapter has their gun drawn?
3. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
(a) That the the coffee is caffiene free
(b) That the young man is still outside
(c) That he has made vegetarian sandwiches
(d) That he loves her
4. What theatre does Spade go to?
(a) King George Theater
(b) Geary Theater
(c) Apollo Theater
(d) The Avant-garde Theater
5. What is the name of Spade's secretary?
(a) Marie Wonderly
(b) Marie Spade
(c) Effie perine
(d) Effie Wonderly
6. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
(a) To get on with business
(b) To avoid speculation about their affair
(c) The police are coming
(d) Miss Wonderly is about to arrive
7. How does Spade get to the murder site?
(c) Takes a bus
(d) Takes a cab
8. Who does Effie say has tried to contact Spade?
9. What continent have Wonderly's parent traveled to?
(a) South America
10. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Spits in his face
(b) Knock him out
(c) Kisses him
(d) Kicks him in the groin
11. What city is the man from in Spade's story?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
12. How much is Cairo willing to pay Spade?
13. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
(a) In a bar
(b) At her hotel
(c) At the train station
(d) At his house
14. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
(a) A black statuette of a bird
(b) The ark
(c) His mother
(d) A rare coin
15. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To strip search him
(b) To take him as a hostage
(c) To search his office
(d) To kill him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Ambassador Hotel?
2. Who does Spade leave a message for when he rings the hotel?
3. What does Spade want Brigid to tell him a story about?
4. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
5. Why did Thursby and Brigid go to San Francisco?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)