|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of this chapter?
(b) Horse Feathers
(c) G in the air
(d) The Fat Man
2. Who does Spade hope to see at the theater?
3. What useful things does Spade find in Brigid's apartment?
(a) Her bank details
(b) Love letters
4. Who do the police take to the station?
(d) Spade's sister
5. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
(a) That he is a Levantine
(b) That he is a homosexual
(c) That he is a fraudster
(d) That he cannot shoot
6. Which policeman does Spade regard as his friend?
(a) Lieutenant Dundy
(b) Sargeant Henry
(c) Jack Nobbs
(d) Tom Polhaus
7. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
8. Why does Brigid want to get rid of the statuette?
(a) She wants to help Cairo
(b) She thinks it is ugly
(c) She wants to marry Spade
(d) She fears for her safety
9. What is the name of the man Miss Wonderly sister left New York with?
(a) Jack Wonderly
(c) Sam Spade
(d) Floyd Thursby
10. In what city does the story take place?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
11. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(b) Love letters
(d) The falcon
12. Which other policeman arrives with Tom Poulhaus?
(a) Lieutenant Flump
(b) Officer Jones
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Sergeant Franks
13. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
14. What did Brigid take to San Francisco with her?
(c) The Falcon
15. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) His business practices
(b) His relationship with Iva
(c) Thursby's murder
(d) His relatonship with Brigid
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
2. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
3. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
4. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
5. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)