|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brigid meet Thursby?
(c) Hong Kong
2. What did Spade earlier take from Cairo's pocket?
(c) A theater ticket
3. What building does Miss Wonderly want Spade to meet her at?
(a) The Chaplin building
(b) Coronet building
(c) The Locksmith building
(d) The Harper building
4. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
(a) Her bank vault
(b) Her key
(c) Her apartment
(d) Her hotel
5. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
6. Who does Spade visit after searching Brigid's apartment?
7. Whose house does Spade recommend Brigid stays at?
(c) His own
8. What does Spade take out of Cairo's pocket when he is unconscious?
(a) His lighter
(b) His gun
(c) His cigarettes
(d) His wallet
9. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(a) The falcon
(d) Love letters
10. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Kicks him in the groin
(b) Kisses him
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Knock him out
11. What is the name of Spade's partner?
(a) Philip Marlowe
(b) Davis Archer
(c) Frank Spade
(d) Miles Archer
12. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the jaw
(b) In the groin
(c) In the stomach
(d) In the nose
13. What does Cairo do when Spade returns his gun?
(a) Points it at spade
(b) Puts on the safety
(c) Shoots the office windows
(d) Puts it in his pocket
14. What continent have Wonderly's parent traveled to?
(c) South America
15. Why did Brigid agree to come to San Francisco with Thursby?
(a) He knew people
(b) She loved him
(c) He had money
(d) For protection
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
2. When was Thursby found dead?
3. Who yells from the living room?
4. Who does Spade tell the young man to get in contact with him?
5. How is Iva related to Miles?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)