|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His own
(b) Iva Archer's
(c) Effie Perine's
(d) Miss Wonderly's
2. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
(a) That he is a fraudster
(b) That he cannot shoot
(c) That he is a Levantine
(d) That he is a homosexual
3. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
4. Where is the Ambassador Hotel?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
5. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(b) Her own
6. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(c) The young man
7. In what city does Miss Wonderly's sister live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(d) San Francisco
8. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
(a) A joke
(b) Gun practise
(c) A rehearsal of a play
(d) A domestic
9. Where has Cairo spent the night?
(a) A brothel
(b) The police station
(c) A train
(d) The park
10. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
11. What does Brigid offer Spade?
(a) Her body
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) Her apartment
12. Who is going to follow Floyd?
(a) Sam Spade
(b) Effie perine
(c) Miles Archer
(d) Iva Archer
13. What did Spade earlier take from Cairo's pocket?
(d) A theater ticket
14. Who tells Spade what happened to Archer?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Effie Perine
(d) Tom Polhaus
15. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam doing when his phone rings?
2. Where did the man find a new family?
3. Who does Spade visit after searching Brigid's apartment?
4. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
5. What is the name of this chapter?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)