|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose murder do the officers question Spade about?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Miss Wonderly
(d) Miles Archer
2. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
(a) To get the business
(b) To be with her
(c) To get his money
(d) To shut him up
3. How much money does Brigid give Spade?
4. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the nose
(b) In the groin
(c) In the jaw
(d) In the stomach
5. Where has Cairo spent the night?
(a) A train
(b) The park
(c) The police station
(d) A brothel
6. Which other policeman arrives with Tom Poulhaus?
(a) Sergeant Franks
(b) Officer Jones
(c) Lieutenant Dundy
(d) Lieutenant Flump
7. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
(a) Her keys
(b) Her cigarettes
(c) Her passport
(d) Her purse
8. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is a psychotic
(b) He is a hoodlum
(c) He is rich
(d) He works for the government
9. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
10. Why does Brigid feel distressed?
(a) Spade is pointing a gun at her
(b) She has not taken her pills
(c) She feels responsible for Miles' death
(d) Her corset is too tight
11. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To take him as a hostage
(b) To kill him
(c) To search his office
(d) To strip search him
12. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) His relatonship with Brigid
(b) His business practices
(c) His relationship with Iva
(d) Thursby's murder
13. How many hours had Brigid been waiting in Spade's office?
(a) two hours
(b) Four hours
(c) One hour
(d) Three hours
14. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Kicks him in the groin
(b) Spits in his face
(c) Kisses him
(d) Knock him out
15. What does Spade make for Brigid to eat?
(a) Cheese toasties
(b) An omelette
(c) Beans on toast
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
2. What does Brigid offer Spade?
3. Who does Effie say has tried to contact Spade?
4. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
5. Who is the next person to arrive at Spade's office?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)