|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(c) Her own
2. Where did Brigid meet Thursby?
(c) Hong Kong
3. What is the name of the man Miss Wonderly sister left New York with?
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Sam Spade
(d) Jack Wonderly
4. What does the caller reveal?
(a) Spade is a fraud
(b) Miles is dead
(c) He knows where Miss Wonderly's sister is
(d) He is taking Spade to court
5. Who does Spade spot in the hotel?
(c) The young man trailing him
6. What does Spade tell Brigid to do to get more money?
(b) Hand out leaflets
(c) Pawn her jewelry
(d) Walk the streets
7. What does Cairo want Spade to help him find?
(a) A rare coin
(b) His mother
(c) A black statuette of a bird
(d) The ark
8. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
9. What two policeman are at the door?
(a) Polhaus and Dundy
(b) Jackson and Polhaus
(c) Dundy and Jackson
(d) Polhaus and Jones
10. Whose apartment does Spade go to in this chapter?
(a) Effie's apartment
(b) Iva's apartment
(c) Brigid's apartment
(d) Cairo's apartment
11. What does Spade take from Brigid's pocket?
(a) Her passport
(b) Her keys
(c) Her cigarettes
(d) Her purse
12. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To kill him
(b) To search his office
(c) To take him as a hostage
(d) To strip search him
13. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
(a) In a bar
(b) At the train station
(c) At his house
(d) At her hotel
14. How much did Cairo offer Brigid to get the statuette back from a Russian?
(a) 500 pounds
15. Which hotel has Miss Wonderly left a forwarding address?
(a) The Four Seasons
(b) The Griffiths Hotel
(c) The Ambassador Hotel
(d) The Washington Hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
2. Who announces the arrival of Miss Wonderly?
3. What is Miss Wonderly's first name?
4. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
5. When was Thursby found dead?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)