|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
(a) To be with her
(b) To get his money
(c) To shut him up
(d) To get the business
2. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
3. When will the Wonderly's parents be back from Europe?
(a) Ten days
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) Three weeks
4. Which character is bleeding in this chapter?
5. Why does Cairo ask Spade to stand?
(a) To admire his figure
(b) To relieve him of his weapons
(c) To correct his posture
(d) To get him away from his desk
6. What does Spade want Brigid to tell him a story about?
(a) The falcon
(c) Her affair with Thursby
(d) Her life
7. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
8. What is Cairo trying to find in Spade office?
(c) The statuette
(d) Information on Brigid's case
9. What two policeman are at the door?
(a) Jackson and Polhaus
(b) Polhaus and Jones
(c) Polhaus and Dundy
(d) Dundy and Jackson
10. What does Spade tell the police about his relationship with Iva?
(a) It was a bit of fun
(b) He denies it
(c) She forced herself on him
(d) It was on Miles' consent
11. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
12. Which hotel does Spade ring?
(a) Hotel Belvedere
(b) Hotel Wonderly
(c) Hotel Paris
(d) Hotel Lucky
13. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He works for the government
(b) He is a hoodlum
(c) He is a psychotic
(d) He is rich
14. Why could Spade not of killed Thursby?
(a) He had never met him
(b) He was paying him a lot of money
(c) He had no motive
(d) He loved him
15. Who does Effie say has tried to contact Spade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sam's lawyer?
2. Which other policeman arrives with Tom Poulhaus?
3. What is the name of Spade's partner?
4. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
5. What did Brigid take to San Francisco with her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)