|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are left alone in the apartment?
(a) Dundy and Polhaus
(b) Brigid and Spade
(c) Spade and Dundy
(d) Polhaus and Spade
2. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He works for the government
(b) He is a hoodlum
(c) He is rich
(d) He is a psychotic
3. What theatre does Spade go to?
(a) Geary Theater
(b) King George Theater
(c) Apollo Theater
(d) The Avant-garde Theater
4. Why did Thursby and Brigid go to San Francisco?
(a) The police were after them
(b) They wanted to sell poetry
(c) Cairo was double crossing them
(d) They wanted to raise a family
5. Who does Cairo point his gun at?
6. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Iva Archer's
(b) His own
(c) Miss Wonderly's
(d) Effie Perine's
7. Where does Brigid say Cairo had the young man in the shadows?
8. What building does Miss Wonderly want Spade to meet her at?
(a) The Chaplin building
(b) The Harper building
(c) Coronet building
(d) The Locksmith building
9. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
10. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
(a) To shut him up
(b) To be with her
(c) To get the business
(d) To get his money
11. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Knock him out
(b) Spits in his face
(c) Kisses him
(d) Kicks him in the groin
12. How much money does Brigid give Spade?
13. What does Spade make for Brigid to eat?
(a) An omelette
(b) Beans on toast
(c) Cheese toasties
14. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To search his office
(b) To strip search him
(c) To take him as a hostage
(d) To kill him
15. How does Spade get to the murder site?
(a) Takes a cab
(c) Takes a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
2. Why does Cairo ask Spade to stand?
3. Who does Spade tell the young man to get in contact with him?
4. Who does Spade say is still outside?
5. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)