|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spade usher Iva out of his office?
(a) To get on with business
(b) To avoid speculation about their affair
(c) Miss Wonderly is about to arrive
(d) The police are coming
2. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
(a) To get his money
(b) To get the business
(c) To be with her
(d) To shut him up
3. Why does Cairo point the gun at Spade the second time?
(a) To take him as a hostage
(b) To search his office
(c) To strip search him
(d) To kill him
4. How old does Spade think the man is following him?
5. What does the caller reveal?
(a) He is taking Spade to court
(b) Miles is dead
(c) Spade is a fraud
(d) He knows where Miss Wonderly's sister is
6. Who does Spade tell the young man to get in contact with him?
(c) His parents
7. Where is the Ambassador Hotel?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
8. What does Spade tell the police about his relationship with Iva?
(a) It was a bit of fun
(b) It was on Miles' consent
(c) He denies it
(d) She forced herself on him
9. How much did Cairo offer Brigid to get the statuette back from a Russian?
(b) 500 pounds
10. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Miss Wonderly's
(b) His own
(c) Effie Perine's
(d) Iva Archer's
11. What is Brigid's excuse for not telling Spade about the Falcon?
(a) She has to have a bath
(b) She doesn't know anything
(c) She wants to cook dinner
(d) It is late
12. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(c) The young man
13. Who does Spade say Miles Archer was trailing?
(a) Miss Wonderly
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Iva Archer
(d) Effie Perine
14. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
(a) That he has made vegetarian sandwiches
(b) That the young man is still outside
(c) That the the coffee is caffiene free
(d) That he loves her
15. Who has called Spade at his office?
(a) Miss Wonderly
(b) Iva Archer
(d) Floyd Thursby
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
2. Where does Spade say Brigid can talk to Cairo?
3. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
4. What is the young doing?
5. What theatre does Spade go to?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)