|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brigid say hid the statue?
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Miles Archer
(d) Her sister
2. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
(a) Pours a beer
(b) Phones the police
(c) Leaves the house
(d) Rolls a cigarette
3. What building does Miss Wonderly want Spade to meet her at?
(a) The Locksmith building
(b) The Harper building
(c) The Chaplin building
(d) Coronet building
4. Where is Cairo from?
5. Who yells from the living room?
(a) Spade's sister
(c) Spade's cat
6. Who does Spade visit after searching Brigid's apartment?
7. What does Spade make for Brigid to eat?
(b) Cheese toasties
(c) Beans on toast
(d) An omelette
8. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
(a) That the young man is still outside
(b) That he has made vegetarian sandwiches
(c) That the the coffee is caffiene free
(d) That he loves her
9. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(a) The young man
10. Where did Brigid meet Thursby?
(c) Hong Kong
11. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) The Fat Man
(b) Horse Feathers
(c) G in the air
12. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Kicks him in the groin
(b) Spits in his face
(c) Kisses him
(d) Knock him out
13. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
(a) A domestic
(b) A joke
(c) A rehearsal of a play
(d) Gun practise
14. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His own
(b) Iva Archer's
(c) Miss Wonderly's
(d) Effie Perine's
15. Why does Brigid feel distressed?
(a) Her corset is too tight
(b) She has not taken her pills
(c) She feels responsible for Miles' death
(d) Spade is pointing a gun at her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Archer have to meet Miss Wonderly?
2. Who arrives at Spade's apartment in this chapter?
3. Why did Thursby and Brigid go to San Francisco?
4. When was Thursby found dead?
5. What theatre does Spade go to?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)