|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigid feel distressed?
(a) Spade is pointing a gun at her
(b) She feels responsible for Miles' death
(c) She has not taken her pills
(d) Her corset is too tight
2. What does Spade make for Brigid to eat?
(b) Beans on toast
(c) Cheese toasties
(d) An omelette
3. What is Sam doing when his phone rings?
(a) Fixing his sink
(b) Watching TV
4. Which two characters are left alone in the apartment?
(a) Dundy and Polhaus
(b) Polhaus and Spade
(c) Brigid and Spade
(d) Spade and Dundy
5. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Effie Perine's
(b) Miss Wonderly's
(c) His own
(d) Iva Archer's
6. Whose offer does Brigid want Spade to forgo?
(a) Her own
7. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is a psychotic
(b) He works for the government
(c) He is rich
(d) He is a hoodlum
8. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
9. What does Spade do when Cairo is close enough?
(a) Kisses him
(b) Kicks him in the groin
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Knock him out
10. How does Spade get to the murder site?
(b) Takes a bus
(c) Takes a cab
11. What is Brigid's excuse for not telling Spade about the Falcon?
(a) She doesn't know anything
(b) She wants to cook dinner
(c) She has to have a bath
(d) It is late
12. When was Thursby found dead?
(a) A month ago
(b) That morning
(c) A week before
(d) The previous night
13. Who is waiting for Spade when he arrives back at his office?
(a) Tom Polhaus
(b) Effie Perine
(c) Iva Archer
(d) Miss Wonderly
14. What is the young doing?
(a) Loading his gun
(b) Talking on the phone
(c) Reading the newspaper
(d) Staring at Spade
15. Who does Brigid say hid the statue?
(a) Sam Spade
(b) Miles Archer
(c) Her sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
2. What is the name of the Russian?
3. Why does Cairo pull out his gun?
4. What is Miss Wonderly's real surname?
5. Why does Cairo ask Spade to stand?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)