|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Iva Archer's
(b) Miss Wonderly's
(c) His own
(d) Effie Perine's
2. Why is Floyd dangerous?
(a) He is rich
(b) He is a psychotic
(c) He is a hoodlum
(d) He works for the government
3. Who arrives at Spade's apartment in this chapter?
4. What is Brigid's excuse for not telling Spade about the Falcon?
(a) It is late
(b) She doesn't know anything
(c) She wants to cook dinner
(d) She has to have a bath
5. What does Spade do immediately after the call?
(a) Phones the police
(b) Leaves the house
(c) Rolls a cigarette
(d) Pours a beer
6. Where does Spade say Brigid can talk to Cairo?
(a) On the subway
(b) The police station
(c) His apartment
(d) His office
7. What did Brigid take to San Francisco with her?
(d) The Falcon
8. Why does Spade say he urged Cairo and Brigid to play along with his joke?
(a) He wanted to divert their attention
(b) He wanted to make them look stupid
(c) He was tired of answering questions
(d) He wanted to see Dundy smile
9. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
(a) A week
(b) A month
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
10. What have Polhaus and Dundy come to question Spade about?
(a) Thursby's murder
(b) His relatonship with Brigid
(c) His relationship with Iva
(d) His business practices
11. What is the name of Sam's lawyer?
(a) Sid Wise
(b) Fred Clever
(c) Larry Dunce
(d) Johnny Quick
12. How does Spade get to the murder site?
(a) Takes a cab
(b) Takes a bus
13. Who does Spade tell the young man to get in contact with him?
(b) His parents
14. What useful things does Spade find in Brigid's apartment?
(a) Love letters
(d) Her bank details
15. Who does Spade spot in the hotel?
(c) The young man trailing him
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra money does miss Wonderly give the detectives?
2. What does Spade make for Brigid to eat?
3. Who does Spade say is still outside?
4. What does Spade say he does not have?
5. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)