|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the man from in Spade's story?
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
2. Who is the next person to arrive at Spade's office?
(a) Joel Cairo
(b) Floyd Thursby
(c) Iva Archer
(d) Effie Perin
3. What does Spade tell the police the whole situation is?
(a) A domestic
(b) A joke
(c) Gun practise
(d) A rehearsal of a play
4. How does Brigid react to Spade's declaration that he met Cairo?
5. What theatre does Spade go to?
(a) King George Theater
(b) The Avant-garde Theater
(c) Apollo Theater
(d) Geary Theater
6. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(d) The young man
7. What does Spade lie about in this chapter?
(a) That the the coffee is caffiene free
(b) That he has made vegetarian sandwiches
(c) That the young man is still outside
(d) That he loves her
8. What building does Miss Wonderly want Spade to meet her at?
(a) The Chaplin building
(b) Coronet building
(c) The Locksmith building
(d) The Harper building
9. What does Spade say he does not have?
(a) Brigid's file
(d) The statuette
10. How long does Brigid say it will take for her to produce the statue?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two days
(c) A month
(d) A week
11. When was Thursby found dead?
(a) A month ago
(b) The previous night
(c) A week before
(d) That morning
12. Whose apartment does Spade arrive at at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His own
(b) Effie Perine's
(c) Miss Wonderly's
(d) Iva Archer's
13. Who does Iva suggest killed Miles?
(b) Sam Spade
(c) Miss Wonderly
(d) Floyd Thursby
14. What does Spade tell the police about his relationship with Iva?
(a) It was a bit of fun
(b) It was on Miles' consent
(c) She forced herself on him
(d) He denies it
15. When will the Wonderly's parents be back from Europe?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Two days
(c) Two weeks
(d) Ten days
Short Answer Questions
1. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. What is the young doing?
4. Which two characters are left alone in the apartment?
5. What is the name of Sam's lawyer?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)