|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spade act to Brigid's story?
(a) He laughs
(b) He kisses her
(c) He shoots her
(d) He slaps her
2. Who does Spade leave a message for when he rings the hotel?
(b) The Undersized Shadow
(c) His mother
3. What does Brigid confirm about Cairo?
(a) That he cannot shoot
(b) That he is a Levantine
(c) That he is a fraudster
(d) That he is a homosexual
4. Where does Spade go to with Brigid's keys?
(a) Her key
(b) Her bank vault
(c) Her hotel
(d) Her apartment
5. Who does Spade say is still outside?
(b) The young man
6. Why does Spade say he urged Cairo and Brigid to play along with his joke?
(a) He wanted to divert their attention
(b) He wanted to see Dundy smile
(c) He wanted to make them look stupid
(d) He was tired of answering questions
7. How many hours had Brigid been waiting in Spade's office?
(a) Four hours
(b) One hour
(c) Three hours
(d) two hours
8. Where did the man find a new family?
(b) New York
9. What does Spade look for in Brigid's apartment?
(b) The falcon
(d) Love letters
10. Why does Spade think that Miss Wonderly returned to her hotel?
(a) To pay her bill
(b) To meet Thursby
(c) to meet her lover
(d) To make a phonecall
11. What does Spade want Brigid to tell him a story about?
(a) Her life
(b) The falcon
(c) Her affair with Thursby
12. Why does Spade he kisses Brigid?
(a) To shut her up
(b) She needs a man
(c) She is beautiful
(d) She is a charming liar
13. What does Spade drink when he is back at his apartment?
14. Where does Dundy hit Spade?
(a) In the nose
(b) In the jaw
(c) In the groin
(d) In the stomach
15. Who is the next person to arrive at Spade's office?
(a) Iva Archer
(b) Joel Cairo
(c) Effie Perin
(d) Floyd Thursby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young doing?
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. Where does Spade go to next?
4. What motive does Iva think Spade had for killing Miles?
5. How does Dundy react to Spade's joke?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)