|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
2. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By stealing it.
(b) By inheriting it.
(c) By saving for months.
(d) By winning a raffle.
3. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
(a) Sell records.
(b) Run a bank.
(c) Run a hospital.
(d) Sell fruit.
4. Who is Ranga?
(a) A doctor by day, thief by night.
(b) A laborer by day, thief by night.
(c) A lawyer by day, thief by night.
(d) A priest by day, thief by night.
5. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(b) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(c) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(d) He throws a rock at a street light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
2. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
3. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
4. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
5. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
2. What happens to Naga after the boy rescues him (after he initially abandons him)?
3. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
4. Why is Raju wearing the clothes he is in "Trail of the Green Blazer"?
5. What kind of camp is Ranga taken to?
6. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
7. What is the talkative man's strongest weapon against the man-eating tiger?
8. Why does the boy go back to get Naga?
9. Why is Govind Singh afraid of the registered letter he gets from his former employer?
10. How does the reader know how much time passes during "The Axe"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)