|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the astrologer set up his shop?
(a) In the city library.
(b) At the edge of the forest.
(c) In Town Hall Park.
(d) In a dark alley.
2. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it a bath.
(b) He gives it food.
(c) He puts a blanket on it.
(d) He gives it toys.
3. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) So they can rent it for income.
(b) So they can go live undercover.
(c) Because the house is infested with rats.
(d) So they can flee the country.
4. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
(a) An expensive one.
(b) One that pays off all of his debts.
(c) One that will allow him to travel on a boat.
(d) An arranged one.
5. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
(b) That he will never pass it.
(c) That he will pass it with no problems.
(d) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
2. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
3. What is Dr. Raman known for?
4. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
5. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
2. What leads to Iswaren's death?
3. Why must the accountant open Govind Singh's letter?
4. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
5. Why is Rama's business insecure?
6. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
7. What identifies Ranga as the thief?
8. Why is the astrologer so upset at the payment Guru Nayak gives him for his reading?
9. What motivates the blind man's fellow merchants to cut the leash that the blind man uses to keep the dog with him at all times?
10. Why does Thanappa hide some of the mail for Ramanujan's family?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)