|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By train.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By river taxi.
(d) By foot.
2. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
3. What does the talkative man hit accidentally with his engine?
(a) His own house.
(b) A compound wall.
(c) The side of the library.
(d) Someone's house.
4. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's brother.
(b) Kamakshi's husband.
(c) Kamakshi's father.
(d) Kamakshi's priest.
5. How old is Shanta?
(a) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
(b) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Elementary-school age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is the statue of Frederick Lawley?
2. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
3. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
4. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
5. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cobra symbolize in "The Snake-Song"?
2. Why does Dr. Raman change his rule about being honest when it comes to his friend Gopal's medical situation?
3. How does the talkative man know how to fend the man-eating tiger off?
4. What does Ayah have to leave the children and family in her care?
5. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
6. Why does the boy go back to get Naga?
7. Why must Sambu meet with the tufted-beard man even though he doesn't want to?
8. What does Shanta's mother know about the trip to the movies that Shanta does not?
9. What ultimately happens to the lost boy that Raman befriends?
10. Why is everyone so afraid of Soma's statue of the god?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)