|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(b) A mansion.
(c) No house at all: he is homeless.
(d) A small hut.
2. What is Kannan's usual job?
(a) He doesn't really have a real job.
(b) Working as a doctor.
(c) Working in a bank.
(d) Climbing coconut trees to clean and prune them.
3. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He puts a blanket on it.
(b) He gives it food.
(c) He gives it toys.
(d) He gives it a bath.
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A bus pass.
(b) A box of stationery.
(c) A bushel of apples.
(d) A small pension.
5. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) A serial killer on the loose.
(b) Political unrest.
(c) A fire.
(d) A religious procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Atilla's family buy a puppy?
2. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
3. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
4. How tall is the statue of Frederick Lawley?
5. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
2. What is ironic about the final name change of the street that the talkative man has his house on?
3. Why does Thanappa hide some of the mail for Ramanujan's family?
4. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
5. What act finally causes Swami to get caned by his teacher?
6. What eventually happens to the statue of Frederick Lawley?
7. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
8. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
9. Why is Ramanujan so strict about sticking to one particular date for Kamakshi's wedding?
10. What does Ayah have to leave the children and family in her care?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)