|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its arm off.
(b) Knocks its toe off.
(c) Knocks its head off.
(d) Shatters it completely.
2. How old is Shanta?
(a) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
(b) Elementary-school age.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
3. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
4. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
(a) The balloon that was meant for the motherless boy.
(b) He knows his fingerprints are all over it.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He realizes it is the purse of a friend.
5. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By saving for months.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) By winning a raffle.
(d) By inheriting it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
2. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
3. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
5. Where does Govind Singh work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cobra symbolize in "The Snake-Song"?
2. What kind of relationship do Mohan and Selvi have?
3. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
4. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
5. Why does Sambu want to get a second opinion on his mother's health?
6. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
7. How does the talkative man know how to fend the man-eating tiger off?
8. Why does the boy go back to get Naga?
9. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
10. What kind of building does the landlord run?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)