|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The town's mayor.
(d) A developer.
2. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) A mansion.
(b) No house at all: he is homeless.
(c) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(d) A small hut.
3. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
(a) Sell fruit.
(b) Run a hospital.
(c) Sell records.
(d) Run a bank.
4. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
(a) A tornado comes through the city.
(b) The master of the house dies.
(c) The people need the tax break.
(d) There is a mean family feud.
5. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
(a) A real man.
(b) A true scholar.
(c) A brave young man.
(d) A coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
2. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
3. What is the first job Velan gets after leaving his hometown?
4. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
5. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates the blind man's fellow merchants to cut the leash that the blind man uses to keep the dog with him at all times?
2. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
3. Where does Selvi end up at the end of her story?
4. Why must the accountant open Govind Singh's letter?
5. What is the exorcist most interested in?
6. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
7. What vision does Ramu's mother have of him after they fight?
8. What makes Iyer's threat of embarrassment particularly threatening to the newcomer on the train?
9. How does Ranga get out of the camp?
10. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)