|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(b) Bright colors.
(c) A dress.
(d) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
2. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
(a) The piano.
(b) The flute.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The lyre.
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) How to tell time.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
(d) Her alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
2. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
3. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
4. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
5. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sambu's mother react to seeing her husband reading a newspaper in the movie?
2. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
3. What does Shanta's mother know about the trip to the movies that Shanta does not?
4. How does the reader know how much time passes during "The Axe"?
5. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
6. What is ironic about the final name change of the street that the talkative man has his house on?
7. Why is Govind Singh afraid of the registered letter he gets from his former employer?
8. What eventually happens to the statue of Frederick Lawley?
9. What does Ayah have to leave the children and family in her care?
10. Where does Selvi end up at the end of her story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)