|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A developer.
(c) A dentist.
(d) The town's mayor.
2. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By foot.
(c) By river taxi.
(d) By train.
3. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
(c) None -- he is taking it for the first time in this story.
4. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) Because the house is infested with rats.
(b) So they can go live undercover.
(c) So they can flee the country.
(d) So they can rent it for income.
5. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) A dress.
(c) Bright colors.
(d) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
2. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
3. What is the tiger known for?
4. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
5. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
2. How does the talkative man know how to fend the man-eating tiger off?
3. Why is Rao so frustrated when he gets home after Shanta is sleeping?
4. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
5. What does the cobra symbolize in "The Snake-Song"?
6. What happens to Naga after the boy rescues him (after he initially abandons him)?
7. What eventually happens to the statue of Frederick Lawley?
8. What is the talkative man's strongest weapon against the man-eating tiger?
9. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
10. Why does Dr. Raman change his rule about being honest when it comes to his friend Gopal's medical situation?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)