|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) A nice dinner.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A balloon.
(d) New clothes.
2. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) They are about even.
(b) The newcomer.
(c) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
3. Why does Velan leave his birthplace?
(a) The woman he loves lives somewhere else.
(b) He is running from the law.
(c) He is kicked out.
(d) He has a fight with his father.
4. What item does Ranga steal from the family?
(b) A TV.
(c) Their famous painting.
(d) Their car.
5. How much money does Raju initially steal from the man in the green blazer?
(a) 30 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
2. Who is Ramanujan?
3. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
4. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
5. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the talkative man's strongest weapon against the man-eating tiger?
2. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
3. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
4. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
5. What eventually happens to the statue of Frederick Lawley?
6. What motivates the blind man's fellow merchants to cut the leash that the blind man uses to keep the dog with him at all times?
7. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
8. What vision does Ramu's mother have of him after they fight?
9. What leads to Iswaren's death?
10. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)