|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) Just to play at the village temple.
(b) To get his vision back.
(c) To become rich and famous.
(d) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
2. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
(a) The master of the house dies.
(b) The people need the tax break.
(c) A tornado comes through the city.
(d) There is a mean family feud.
3. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
(a) Demolish it.
(b) Turn it into city hall.
(c) Use it as a hospital.
(d) Use it for a dental office.
4. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The Mempi region.
(b) The Bengalore region.
(c) The desert region.
(d) The mountain region.
5. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(b) Learn French.
(c) Travel the word.
(d) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Velan leave his birthplace?
2. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
3. On what street does Rama have his business?
4. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
5. What is Shanta learning at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
2. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
3. What act of courtesy do the wreckers extend to Velan?
4. What ultimately happens to the lost boy that Raman befriends?
5. What acts of violence do the hippie and the cobbler confess to committing?
6. Where does Selvi end up at the end of her story?
7. Why does the talkative man end up quitting music?
8. What kind of relationship do Mohan and Selvi have?
9. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
10. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)