|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A police officer.
2. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
(a) 10 rupees.
(b) 20 rupees.
(c) 5 rupees.
(d) 15 rupees.
3. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is mad that he didn't finish the job.
(d) She divorces him.
4. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(b) Bright colors.
(d) A dress.
5. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
2. What is a sadhu?
3. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
4. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
5. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thanappa hide some of the mail for Ramanujan's family?
2. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
3. Why does Dr. Raman change his rule about being honest when it comes to his friend Gopal's medical situation?
4. Why does Sambu want to get a second opinion on his mother's health?
5. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
6. Why must Sambu meet with the tufted-beard man even though he doesn't want to?
7. Why is Rama's business insecure?
8. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
9. What is the exorcist most interested in?
10. Why is Rao so frustrated when he gets home after Shanta is sleeping?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)