|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By dynamite.
(b) By car.
(c) By blowtorch.
(d) By cannon.
2. Where does Raju follow the man in the green jacket?
(a) Around the town shopping mall.
(b) Around the airport.
(c) Around the bank.
(d) Around the town fair.
3. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By train.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By river taxi.
(d) By foot.
4. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(c) Broken down.
5. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
(a) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(b) To become rich and famous.
(c) Just to play at the village temple.
(d) To get his vision back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
2. On what street does Rama have his business?
3. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
5. What is a sadhu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the exorcist most interested in?
2. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
3. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
4. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
5. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
6. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
7. What makes Iyer's threat of embarrassment particularly threatening to the newcomer on the train?
8. Why must the accountant open Govind Singh's letter?
9. Why does the cobbler refuse the gift the hippie offers as he leaves?
10. What act of courtesy do the wreckers extend to Velan?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)