|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) A fire.
(b) A serial killer on the loose.
(c) A religious procession.
(d) Political unrest.
2. What item does Ranga steal from the family?
(a) Their famous painting.
(c) A TV.
(d) Their car.
3. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) So they can go live undercover.
(b) So they can rent it for income.
(c) Because the house is infested with rats.
(d) So they can flee the country.
4. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's father.
(b) Kamakshi's husband.
(c) Kamakshi's brother.
(d) Kamakshi's priest.
5. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) Her alphabet.
(b) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
(c) How to tell time.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
2. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
3. What exam does Iswaren have a problem passing?
4. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
5. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the lady of the house compare Atilla to a detective instead of a watchdog?
2. Why is Ramanujan so strict about sticking to one particular date for Kamakshi's wedding?
3. What makes Iswaren demoralized in "Iswaren"?
4. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
5. Why is everyone so afraid of Soma's statue of the god?
6. Why does Thanappa hide some of the mail for Ramanujan's family?
7. What ultimately happens to the lost boy that Raman befriends?
8. Why is Govind Singh afraid of the registered letter he gets from his former employer?
9. What act of courtesy do the wreckers extend to Velan?
10. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)