|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(c) Her school uniform.
(d) Her best clothes.
2. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's brother.
(b) Kamakshi's husband.
(c) Kamakshi's father.
(d) Kamakshi's priest.
3. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(b) Broken down.
4. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
(a) To get his vision back.
(b) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(c) Just to play at the village temple.
(d) To become rich and famous.
5. What does Rama sell?
(a) Indian snacks and coffee.
(c) Good luck charms.
(d) Shoe shines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
2. What is Kannan's usual job?
3. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
4. What is a sadhu?
5. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mohan and Selvi have?
2. Why must Sambu meet with the tufted-beard man even though he doesn't want to?
3. How does the talkative man know how to fend the man-eating tiger off?
4. Why does the boy go back to get Naga?
5. What is the talkative man's strongest weapon against the man-eating tiger?
6. What makes Iyer's threat of embarrassment particularly threatening to the newcomer on the train?
7. Where does Selvi end up at the end of her story?
8. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
9. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
10. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)