|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
(a) The balloon that was meant for the motherless boy.
(b) He realizes it is the purse of a friend.
(c) He knows his fingerprints are all over it.
(d) He feels guilty.
2. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
(a) 20 rupees.
(b) 10 rupees.
(c) 5 rupees.
(d) 15 rupees.
3. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By river taxi.
4. Who is Atilla named after?
(a) Atilla the Hun.
(b) The family's grandmother.
(c) Atilla the doctor.
(d) The town's mayor.
5. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) So they can go live undercover.
(b) Because the house is infested with rats.
(c) So they can flee the country.
(d) So they can rent it for income.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Raman known for?
2. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
3. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
4. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
5. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
2. What is the talkative man's strongest weapon against the man-eating tiger?
3. Why does the talkative man end up quitting music?
4. What does the cobra symbolize in "The Snake-Song"?
5. What motivates the blind man's fellow merchants to cut the leash that the blind man uses to keep the dog with him at all times?
6. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
7. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
8. Why does the talkative man think his luck has changed in "Engine Trouble"?
9. What kind of building does the landlord run?
10. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)