|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A bus pass.
(b) A small pension.
(c) A bushel of apples.
(d) A box of stationery.
2. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) In an exhibition packed with people.
(b) On the subway.
(c) On an abandoned road.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(c) New York.
4. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Front Street.
(b) Airport Avenue.
(c) Market Street.
(d) Main Street.
5. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) A nice dinner.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A balloon.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
2. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
3. What item does Ranga steal from the family?
4. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
5. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mohan and Selvi have?
2. How does Ranga get out of the camp?
3. Why does the talkative man end up quitting music?
4. What does Rama Rao plan to do with the money he gets from selling his home?
5. What happens with Rama Rao's suicide attempt?
6. Why must Sambu meet with the tufted-beard man even though he doesn't want to?
7. What is the exorcist most interested in?
8. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
9. Why does the talkative man think his luck has changed in "Engine Trouble"?
10. What makes Iswaren demoralized in "Iswaren"?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)