|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The Bengalore region.
(b) The desert region.
(c) The mountain region.
(d) The Mempi region.
2. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) A nice dinner.
(b) A balloon.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A stuffed animal.
3. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
(b) Her alphabet.
(c) How to tell time.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
(a) Why his clothes are semi-waterproof.
(b) How to use fertilizer.
(c) How his medicines can cure all kinds of ills.
(d) What his figurines represent.
5. Who is Rao Venkat?
(a) Shanta's grandfather.
(b) Shanta's grandmother.
(c) Shanta's mother.
(d) Shanta's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rama sell?
2. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
3. What is a sadhu?
4. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
5. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rao so frustrated when he gets home after Shanta is sleeping?
2. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
3. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
4. What is the exorcist most interested in?
5. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
6. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
7. Why does Swami feel the need to make up such a complicated story about why he doesn't want to go to school?
8. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
9. How does Sambu's mother react to seeing her husband reading a newspaper in the movie?
10. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)