|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(b) A very long time.
(c) Not long at all.
(d) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
2. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
(a) The balloon that was meant for the motherless boy.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He knows his fingerprints are all over it.
(d) He realizes it is the purse of a friend.
3. Who is Rao Venkat?
(a) Shanta's grandmother.
(b) Shanta's grandfather.
(c) Shanta's mother.
(d) Shanta's father.
4. What is Soma's regular job?
(a) He is a sculptor.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a dentist.
(d) He is a teacher.
5. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
(a) His landlord's.
(b) His daughter's.
(c) The old woman's.
(d) His son's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tiger known for?
2. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
3. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
4. Where does Govind Singh work?
5. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the lady of the house compare Atilla to a detective instead of a watchdog?
2. What happens to Naga after the boy rescues him (after he initially abandons him)?
3. What vision does Ramu's mother have of him after they fight?
4. Why is Ramanujan so strict about sticking to one particular date for Kamakshi's wedding?
5. What motivates the blind man's fellow merchants to cut the leash that the blind man uses to keep the dog with him at all times?
6. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
7. How does Sambu's mother react to seeing her husband reading a newspaper in the movie?
8. How does Ranga get out of the camp?
9. What identifies Ranga as the thief?
10. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)