|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town that Velan walks to?
2. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) In an exhibition packed with people.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the subway.
(d) On an abandoned road.
3. How does Iswaren die?
(a) By drowning.
(b) By poison.
(c) By being shot.
(d) By tripping, falling, and cracking his skull.
4. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To get his vision back.
(b) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(c) Just to play at the village temple.
(d) To become rich and famous.
5. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) A family member.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The dog himself.
(d) A fellow merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Govind Singh work?
2. What is the tiger known for?
3. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
4. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
5. What is Dr. Raman known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ramanujan so strict about sticking to one particular date for Kamakshi's wedding?
2. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
3. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
4. Why is Rama's business insecure?
5. What act of courtesy do the wreckers extend to Velan?
6. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
7. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
8. What does Shanta's mother know about the trip to the movies that Shanta does not?
9. What is the exorcist most interested in?
10. How does the reader know how much time passes during "The Axe"?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)