|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(b) Her best clothes.
(c) Her school uniform.
2. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Drive him to the next town over.
(b) Let him borrow it.
(c) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(d) Run him over.
3. How does the talkative man first try to take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By chainsaw.
(b) By rope.
(c) By sheer muscle.
(d) By hacksaw.
4. Where does Govind Singh work?
5. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) How to tell time.
(c) Her alphabet.
(d) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
2. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
3. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
4. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
5. What is Dr. Raman known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Raju wearing the clothes he is in "Trail of the Green Blazer"?
2. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
3. What does Shanta's mother know about the trip to the movies that Shanta does not?
4. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
5. What act of courtesy do the wreckers extend to Velan?
6. How does Sambu's mother react to seeing her husband reading a newspaper in the movie?
7. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
8. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
9. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
10. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)