|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They run him out of town.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They report him to the authorities.
(d) They forgive him.
2. Where does Kannan eventually get gambling money from?
(a) He makes a blood donation.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) He steals it from a man in a green blazer.
(d) His son's tin.
3. What is the name of the teacher Swami complains about?
4. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) His father.
(b) A god in a dream.
(c) The town priest.
(d) His mother.
5. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
2. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
3. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
4. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
5. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
2. What does Kannan know he will fight about with his wife when he returns from gambling?
3. What is the exorcist most interested in?
4. Why must the accountant open Govind Singh's letter?
5. Why is the astrologer so upset at the payment Guru Nayak gives him for his reading?
6. What ultimately happens to the lost boy that Raman befriends?
7. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
8. What eventually happens to the statue of Frederick Lawley?
9. What acts of violence do the hippie and the cobbler confess to committing?
10. What kind of building does the landlord run?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)