|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For being direct with his patients.
(b) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
(c) For overbilling people.
(d) For the figurines he has in his office.
2. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
(a) 5 rupees.
(b) 20 rupees.
(c) 15 rupees.
(d) 10 rupees.
3. What is a sadhu?
(a) A religious hermit.
(b) A scribe.
(c) A traveling doctor.
(d) A fortune teller.
4. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
5. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
(a) 5 dollars.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
2. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
3. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
4. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
5. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the blind man and the dog each get out of their relationship?
2. How does Ranga get out of the camp?
3. How does the astrologer know so much about Guru Nayak when he comes to have his horoscope read?
4. Why does Dr. Raman change his rule about being honest when it comes to his friend Gopal's medical situation?
5. What happens when the necklace is found in "Leela's Friend"?
6. Why does Iyer lose his confidence while standing up to the newcomer on the train?
7. Why does Raju pick the man in the green blazer to target?
8. What does the cobra symbolize in "The Snake-Song"?
9. Why is the talkative man unable to run over the swami?
10. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)