|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
(a) A bad cold.
(b) A tummy ache.
(c) A headache.
(d) A sore throat.
2. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is mad that he didn't finish the job.
(d) She divorces him.
3. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its toe off.
(b) Knocks its head off.
(c) Shatters it completely.
(d) Knocks its arm off.
4. Who helps Dr. Raman perform an operation on Gopal?
(a) Two people who offer to help from the street.
(b) Gopal's wife.
(c) No one; he must do the procedure alone.
(d) His assistants.
5. What is the name of the teacher Swami complains about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
2. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
3. Why does entering the contest cost Rama Rao money?
4. What does Rama sell?
5. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raman think Daisy may have left him?
2. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
3. What vision does Ramu's mother have of him after they fight?
4. What happens to Naga after the boy rescues him (after he initially abandons him)?
5. Why is Govind Singh afraid of the registered letter he gets from his former employer?
6. What leads to Iswaren's death?
7. What does Rama Rao plan to do with the money he gets from selling his home?
8. Why is everyone so afraid of Soma's statue of the god?
9. What is ironic about the final name change of the street that the talkative man has his house on?
10. What can the god Nataraja do through dancing?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)