|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(a) Drown himself in a nearby river.
(b) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(c) Cut off his hands.
2. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By blowtorch.
(b) By dynamite.
(c) By car.
(d) By cannon.
3. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) The newcomer.
(b) They are about even.
(d) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
4. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
(a) A bad cold.
(b) A headache.
(c) A sore throat.
(d) A tummy ache.
5. Who helps Dr. Raman perform an operation on Gopal?
(a) His assistants.
(b) Gopal's wife.
(c) Two people who offer to help from the street.
(d) No one; he must do the procedure alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
2. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
3. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
4. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
5. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rao think about the dog he encounters?
2. Why is Rama's business insecure?
3. What act finally causes Swami to get caned by his teacher?
4. Why does Dr. Raman always tell the truth to patients, no matter how hard it may be for them to hear?
5. Why does Kannan take his son's money?
6. What gifts does Rao plan to bring to the woman he slapped nearly 50 years ago?
7. Why is the astrologer so upset at the payment Guru Nayak gives him for his reading?
8. What happens to Rama after his business goes under?
9. Why is Rao so frustrated when he gets home after Shanta is sleeping?
10. What does Rama Rao plan to do with the money he gets from selling his home?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)