|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
(a) The supposedly haunted forest entrance.
(b) The town library.
(c) City hall.
(d) The town water tank.
2. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Another cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
3. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
4. Who is Daisy?
(a) Raman's former fiancee.
(b) Raman's wife.
(c) Raman's secret lover.
(d) Raman's girlfriend.
5. What does the landlord think is causing all the noise in his building?
(a) A demon spirit.
(b) His obnoxious tenants.
(d) A squatter.
6. Where is the town fair located that Raman visits?
(a) New York.
(d) An unnamed village.
7. Where does Ranga's family live?
(a) In a houseboat.
(b) In a village 25 miles away.
(c) With him in the apartment.
(d) He doesn't have a family.
8. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(b) A necklace.
(d) Peaches from the trees.
9. Who is Selvi married to?
10. What is Rao still able to do?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Read a newspaper.
11. Where does the boy try to abandon Naga?
(a) In a field.
(b) At a pet shop.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the train station.
12. Where is the hippie from?
(a) We never really find out.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He just got too old.
(b) He made too many mistakes.
(c) His boss was going crazy.
(d) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
14. What god does the cobbler think might be testing him through the hippie?
15. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leela?
2. What has happened to Sambu's father?
3. What does Sambu enjoy doing all day?
4. Who is Dr. Kishen?
5. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)