|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town fair like?
(a) It is quiet and deserted.
(b) It is loud and very wild.
(c) It is filthy and suspicious.
(d) It is dangerous and violent.
2. What does the hippie give the cobbler to smoke?
(a) A home-rolled cigarette.
(b) A store-bought cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) Some firewood.
3. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) The Great Indian Highway.
(b) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(c) Bangalore Avenue.
(d) Main Street.
4. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(b) Crimes against a woman.
5. Who does Ramu's mother want him to marry?
(a) His niece.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The neighbor's daughter.
(d) A girl who just moved from Thailand to his neighborhood.
6. How old is Sambu?
(a) A grown man.
(b) An older teenager, perhaps 18 or so.
(c) Very young, perhaps 8 or so.
(d) A young teenager, perhaps 13 or so.
7. Who discovers Selvi?
8. What does Selvi do for a living?
(a) She is a famous baker.
(b) She is a famous newscaster.
(c) She is a famous singer.
(d) She is a famous actress.
9. What has happened to Sambu's father?
(a) He is off on an expedition and won't be back for 3 years.
(b) He has run off with another woman.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has gone blind.
10. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
(a) Worked as a pickpocket.
(b) Worked as a doctor.
(c) Worked in the movies.
(d) Worked as a priest.
11. What was the hippie in his younger years?
(a) A teacher.
(b) He's never really had a job.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A soldier.
12. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
(a) The town water tank.
(b) The town library.
(c) The supposedly haunted forest entrance.
(d) City hall.
14. What does the landlord think is causing all the noise in his building?
(a) His obnoxious tenants.
(b) A demon spirit.
(d) A squatter.
15. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From someone on the street.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) She never hears about it.
(d) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
2. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
3. Who is Selvi married to?
4. Where does Rao's former lover live?
5. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)