|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Naga?
(a) A boy's pet rat.
(b) A boy's sister.
(c) A boy's pet dog.
(d) A boy's snake.
2. What does Raman wonder about Daisy?
(a) If she is cheating on him.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she has gone insane.
(d) If she stole from him.
3. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A tiny car.
5. Where does Ranga's family live?
(a) In a houseboat.
(b) With him in the apartment.
(c) He doesn't have a family.
(d) In a village 25 miles away.
6. Who is Leela?
(a) Another gardener in the Sivasanker household.
(b) Sidda's wife.
(c) The child Sidda must take care of.
(d) Sidda's new boss.
7. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
(a) He is taken to jail.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He runs off with a woman.
(d) He dies of a heart attack.
8. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) Two security guards.
(b) Tin cans placed around the building.
(c) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(d) An electric fence.
9. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
(a) In the shopping mall.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In city hall.
(d) Outside of a temple.
10. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a nanny.
11. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
(b) His boss was going crazy.
(c) He made too many mistakes.
(d) He just got too old.
12. Where does Rao's former lover live?
(a) On Bangalore Avenue.
(b) On Gokulam Street.
(c) On Main Street.
(d) In an excpetionally fancy palace.
13. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
(a) Teach him how to read.
(b) Paint his house.
(c) Watch his 5-year-old daughter.
(d) Tend to his gardens.
14. What is Sambu's mother's actual medical condition?
(a) A tumor.
(c) She eats too little and faints.
(d) She is wracked with guilt.
15. Who does the landlord call to get rid of the noises in his building?
(a) An exterminator.
(b) An exorcist.
(c) His cousins.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hippie in his younger years?
2. Who is Daisy?
3. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
4. What does Selvi do for a living?
5. What is Rao still able to do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)