|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rao's former lover live?
(a) In an excpetionally fancy palace.
(b) On Bangalore Avenue.
(c) On Main Street.
(d) On Gokulam Street.
2. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(b) Crimes against a woman.
3. Where is the town fair located that Raman visits?
(a) New York.
(d) An unnamed village.
4. Who is Naga?
(a) A boy's pet dog.
(b) A boy's snake.
(c) A boy's sister.
(d) A boy's pet rat.
5. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) She never hears about it.
(c) From someone on the street.
(d) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
6. How old is Rao?
(c) Nearly 100.
7. How old is Sambu?
(a) A grown man.
(b) An older teenager, perhaps 18 or so.
(c) Very young, perhaps 8 or so.
(d) A young teenager, perhaps 13 or so.
8. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Peaches from the trees.
9. Who is Dr. Kishen?
(a) Sambu's tutor.
(b) Sambu's professional name.
(c) The president of the nearby university where Sambu wants to go.
(d) Sambu's mother's doctor.
10. What does Raman wonder about Daisy?
(a) If she has gone insane.
(b) If she stole from him.
(c) If she is pregnant.
(d) If she is cheating on him.
11. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
12. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a very fancy bed.
(b) Across his building doorway.
(c) In a posh hotel.
(d) In his bathtub.
13. Where does Ranga's family live?
(a) He doesn't have a family.
(b) With him in the apartment.
(c) In a village 25 miles away.
(d) In a houseboat.
14. Where is the hippie from?
(b) We never really find out.
(c) San Francisco.
15. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
(a) The town library.
(b) The supposedly haunted forest entrance.
(c) The town water tank.
(d) City hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Selvi?
2. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
3. Where does the boy try to abandon Naga?
4. What has happened to Naga?
5. Where does Ranga live?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)