|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daisy?
(a) Raman's former fiancee.
(b) Raman's girlfriend.
(c) Raman's secret lover.
(d) Raman's wife.
2. Who is Radha?
(a) Radha's husband.
(b) Radh's boss.
(c) A 4-year-old girl in Ayah's care.
(d) Radha's wife.
3. How old is Rao?
(c) Nearly 100.
4. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Bangalore Avenue.
(c) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(d) The Great Indian Highway.
5. How old is the lost boy?
6. What is Sambu's mother's actual medical condition?
(b) She is wracked with guilt.
(c) She eats too little and faints.
(d) A tumor.
7. Where does the boy try to abandon Naga?
(a) At a pet shop.
(b) On the street.
(c) At the train station.
(d) In a field.
8. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
9. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a posh hotel.
(b) In his bathtub.
(c) Across his building doorway.
(d) In a very fancy bed.
10. Where does Ranga's family live?
(a) In a houseboat.
(b) He doesn't have a family.
(c) With him in the apartment.
(d) In a village 25 miles away.
11. Why does Ranga stop working for the blacksmith?
(a) Because he hates the work.
(b) Becase he dies.
(c) Because he takes too much of the profits.
(d) Because he is fired.
12. Who is Leela?
(a) Sidda's wife.
(b) Another gardener in the Sivasanker household.
(c) Sidda's new boss.
(d) The child Sidda must take care of.
13. What does Ranga end up doing for a living?
(a) Sharpening knives.
(b) Being a journalist.
(c) Selling bread.
(d) Painting portraits.
14. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(b) Crimes against a woman.
15. How old is Sambu?
(a) Very young, perhaps 8 or so.
(b) A young teenager, perhaps 13 or so.
(c) A grown man.
(d) An older teenager, perhaps 18 or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
2. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
3. What god does the cobbler think might be testing him through the hippie?
4. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
5. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)