|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
(a) Teach him how to read.
(b) Watch his 5-year-old daughter.
(c) Paint his house.
(d) Tend to his gardens.
2. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
(a) All day -- 12 hours or so.
(b) As long as she is needed for medical reasons.
(c) Just as long as class lasts.
(d) Until Radha tells her she can leave.
3. Who is Dr. Kishen?
(a) Sambu's mother's doctor.
(b) Sambu's tutor.
(c) The president of the nearby university where Sambu wants to go.
(d) Sambu's professional name.
4. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
5. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He made too many mistakes.
(b) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
(c) He just got too old.
(d) His boss was going crazy.
6. Where is the hippie from?
(b) We never really find out.
(c) San Francisco.
7. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
(a) Sambu's true father.
(b) The father of the girl he is intended to marry.
(c) Her secret lover.
(d) A priest.
8. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a posh hotel.
(b) Across his building doorway.
(c) In his bathtub.
(d) In a very fancy bed.
9. What does Ranga end up doing for a living?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Sharpening knives.
(c) Selling bread.
(d) Being a journalist.
10. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
(a) Cotton candy.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A tiny car.
11. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
(a) He was the town mayor.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In the army.
(d) At the Excise Department.
12. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) An electric fence.
(b) Tin cans placed around the building.
(c) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(d) Two security guards.
13. Where does Ranga live?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In the corner of an abandoned building.
(c) In a really nice apartment.
(d) In a shelter.
14. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(a) Crimes against a woman.
15. What was the hippie in his younger years?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A doctor.
(d) He's never really had a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hippie give the cobbler to smoke?
2. How old is Sambu?
3. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
4. What has happened to Naga?
5. What is Rao's favorite part of the day?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)