|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rao's favorite part of the day?
(a) When he gets to garden.
(b) His huge dinner.
(c) His afternoon nap.
(d) His shower.
2. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
(a) A rat.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Another cat.
(d) A mouse.
3. Who is Daisy?
(a) Raman's wife.
(b) Raman's former fiancee.
(c) Raman's girlfriend.
(d) Raman's secret lover.
4. How has the boy in "Naga" made money as a child?
(a) He has worked as a snake charmer.
(b) He has begged for money.
(c) He has joined the circus.
(d) He has sold lucky rocks he finds.
5. Who discovers Selvi?
6. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(b) A necklace.
(d) Peaches from the trees.
7. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(b) Crimes against a woman.
8. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
9. What is Sambu's mother's actual medical condition?
(a) She eats too little and faints.
(c) She is wracked with guilt.
(d) A tumor.
10. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a nanny.
11. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
(c) The devil.
(d) The kind of shoe polish he uses.
12. Why does Ranga stop working for the blacksmith?
(a) Becase he dies.
(b) Because he takes too much of the profits.
(c) Because he hates the work.
(d) Because he is fired.
13. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From someone on the street.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) She never hears about it.
(d) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
14. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) Two security guards.
(b) An electric fence.
(c) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(d) Tin cans placed around the building.
15. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
(a) As long as she is needed for medical reasons.
(b) Until Radha tells her she can leave.
(c) Just as long as class lasts.
(d) All day -- 12 hours or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town fair like?
2. What is Rao still able to do?
3. What has happened to Naga?
4. Who does the landlord call to get rid of the noises in his building?
5. How old is Ramu?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)