|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) The Great Indian Highway.
(d) Bangalore Avenue.
2. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) He was the town mayor.
(c) At the Excise Department.
(d) In the army.
3. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
(a) He runs off with a woman.
(b) He dies of a heart attack.
(c) He is taken to jail.
(d) He goes insane.
4. What is the town fair like?
(a) It is loud and very wild.
(b) It is filthy and suspicious.
(c) It is dangerous and violent.
(d) It is quiet and deserted.
5. What has happened to Naga?
(a) It gets eaten by a bird.
(b) It runs away.
(c) It is stolen by someone else.
(d) It is too old to perform anymore.
6. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
(a) In city hall.
(b) In the shopping mall.
(c) In the town square.
(d) Outside of a temple.
7. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A tiny monkey.
(b) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(c) A beautiful bird.
(d) A poisonous frog.
8. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(c) Peaches from the trees.
(d) A necklace.
9. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a very fancy bed.
(b) In a posh hotel.
(c) In his bathtub.
(d) Across his building doorway.
10. What was the hippie in his younger years?
(a) He's never really had a job.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A soldier.
11. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
12. Who is Selvi married to?
13. What does the hippie give the cobbler to smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Some firewood.
(c) A home-rolled cigarette.
(d) A store-bought cigarette.
14. Where is the town fair located that Raman visits?
(a) New York.
(c) An unnamed village.
15. Who is Dr. Kishen?
(a) Sambu's professional name.
(b) Sambu's tutor.
(c) Sambu's mother's doctor.
(d) The president of the nearby university where Sambu wants to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rao?
2. Where is the hippie from?
3. Why does Ranga stop working for the blacksmith?
4. What does Sambu enjoy doing all day?
5. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)