|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
(b) The devil.
(d) The kind of shoe polish he uses.
2. Where does Rao's former lover live?
(a) In an excpetionally fancy palace.
(b) On Bangalore Avenue.
(c) On Gokulam Street.
(d) On Main Street.
3. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) She never hears about it.
(c) From someone on the street.
(d) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
4. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
(a) In city hall.
(b) Outside of a temple.
(c) In the town square.
(d) In the shopping mall.
5. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
(a) The father of the girl he is intended to marry.
(b) Her secret lover.
(c) A priest.
(d) Sambu's true father.
6. Who is Daisy?
(a) Raman's girlfriend.
(b) Raman's secret lover.
(c) Raman's wife.
(d) Raman's former fiancee.
7. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
8. What has happened to Naga?
(a) It is stolen by someone else.
(b) It is too old to perform anymore.
(c) It runs away.
(d) It gets eaten by a bird.
9. What is Rao's favorite part of the day?
(a) His shower.
(b) When he gets to garden.
(c) His huge dinner.
(d) His afternoon nap.
10. What does Ranga end up doing for a living?
(a) Selling bread.
(b) Sharpening knives.
(c) Painting portraits.
(d) Being a journalist.
11. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
(a) Until Radha tells her she can leave.
(b) As long as she is needed for medical reasons.
(c) All day -- 12 hours or so.
(d) Just as long as class lasts.
12. What does Raman wonder about Daisy?
(a) If she stole from him.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she has gone insane.
(d) If she is cheating on him.
13. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(d) Crimes against a woman.
14. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(b) A tiny monkey.
(c) A poisonous frog.
(d) A beautiful bird.
15. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
(a) Worked as a pickpocket.
(b) Worked in the movies.
(c) Worked as a priest.
(d) Worked as a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leela?
2. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
3. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
4. What is Sambu's mother's actual medical condition?
5. Where does Ranga's family live?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)