|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From someone on the street.
(b) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
(c) She never hears about it.
(d) From the newspaper.
2. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a nanny.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a doctor.
3. What does the landlord think is causing all the noise in his building?
(a) A squatter.
(b) His obnoxious tenants.
(c) A demon spirit.
4. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(b) An electric fence.
(c) Two security guards.
(d) Tin cans placed around the building.
5. Where does Ranga's family live?
(a) He doesn't have a family.
(b) With him in the apartment.
(c) In a village 25 miles away.
(d) In a houseboat.
6. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He made too many mistakes.
(b) His boss was going crazy.
(c) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
(d) He just got too old.
7. What does Selvi do for a living?
(a) She is a famous newscaster.
(b) She is a famous singer.
(c) She is a famous baker.
(d) She is a famous actress.
8. Where does Ranga live?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In the corner of an abandoned building.
(c) In a really nice apartment.
(d) In a shelter.
9. Where is the hippie from?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) We never really find out.
10. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
11. How old is Ramu?
(a) 16 or 17.
(b) 40 or 41.
(c) 8 or 9.
(d) 25 or 16.
12. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
13. Who discovers Selvi?
14. Who is Naga?
(a) A boy's pet rat.
(b) A boy's pet dog.
(c) A boy's sister.
(d) A boy's snake.
15. What god does the cobbler think might be testing him through the hippie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
2. Who is Daisy?
3. What is the town fair like?
4. Where is the town fair located that Raman visits?
5. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)