|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) An electric fence.
(b) Two security guards.
(c) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(d) Tin cans placed around the building.
2. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He just got too old.
(b) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
(c) He made too many mistakes.
(d) His boss was going crazy.
3. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
(a) Watch his 5-year-old daughter.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Paint his house.
(d) Tend to his gardens.
4. What medical condition is it first believed that Sambu's mother has?
(a) A heart condition.
(b) A tumor.
5. Who is Selvi married to?
6. What is Rao's favorite part of the day?
(a) His afternoon nap.
(b) His shower.
(c) When he gets to garden.
(d) His huge dinner.
7. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a posh hotel.
(b) Across his building doorway.
(c) In a very fancy bed.
(d) In his bathtub.
8. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
(a) The devil.
(d) The kind of shoe polish he uses.
9. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
(a) At the Excise Department.
(b) In the army.
(c) He was the town mayor.
(d) In a hospital.
10. What does Ranga end up doing for a living?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Being a journalist.
(c) Sharpening knives.
(d) Selling bread.
11. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
12. How old is the lost boy?
13. What kinds of crimes is the landlord accused of doing?
(a) Crimes against a woman.
14. Who does the landlord call to get rid of the noises in his building?
(a) An exorcist.
(b) The police.
(c) His cousins.
(d) An exterminator.
15. What does Raman wonder about Daisy?
(a) If she stole from him.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she is cheating on him.
(d) If she has gone insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selvi do for a living?
2. Why does Ranga stop working for the blacksmith?
3. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
4. What does the hippie give the cobbler to smoke?
5. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)