|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A poisonous frog.
(b) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(c) A beautiful bird.
(d) A tiny monkey.
2. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
3. Why was Rao forced to retire?
(a) He just got too old.
(b) His boss was going crazy.
(c) He was rumored to be taking bribes.
(d) He made too many mistakes.
4. Who does the landlord call to get rid of the noises in his building?
(a) An exterminator.
(b) His cousins.
(c) The police.
(d) An exorcist.
5. What was the hippie in his younger years?
(a) A soldier.
(b) He's never really had a job.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
6. Who is Dr. Kishen?
(a) Sambu's professional name.
(b) The president of the nearby university where Sambu wants to go.
(c) Sambu's tutor.
(d) Sambu's mother's doctor.
7. What does the hippie give the cobbler to smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Some firewood.
(c) A store-bought cigarette.
(d) A home-rolled cigarette.
8. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(a) Peaches from the trees.
(b) A necklace.
9. What medical condition is it first believed that Sambu's mother has?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A heart condition.
10. Who does Ramu's mother want him to marry?
(a) His niece.
(b) A girl who just moved from Thailand to his neighborhood.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The neighbor's daughter.
11. What has happened to Sambu's father?
(a) He has run off with another woman.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is off on an expedition and won't be back for 3 years.
(d) He has gone blind.
12. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
(c) The kind of shoe polish he uses.
(d) The devil.
13. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
(a) In the town square.
(b) In the shopping mall.
(c) Outside of a temple.
(d) In city hall.
14. Where does Rao's former lover live?
(a) On Gokulam Street.
(b) On Bangalore Avenue.
(c) In an excpetionally fancy palace.
(d) On Main Street.
15. What is Rao's favorite part of the day?
(a) His afternoon nap.
(b) His huge dinner.
(c) His shower.
(d) When he gets to garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy try to abandon Naga?
2. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
3. How old is Ramu?
4. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
5. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)