|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
(a) Paint his house.
(b) Tend to his gardens.
(c) Watch his 5-year-old daughter.
(d) Teach him how to read.
2. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
(a) As long as she is needed for medical reasons.
(b) Just as long as class lasts.
(c) Until Radha tells her she can leave.
(d) All day -- 12 hours or so.
3. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A balloon.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) A tiny car.
4. How old is Sambu?
(a) Very young, perhaps 8 or so.
(b) A young teenager, perhaps 13 or so.
(c) A grown man.
(d) An older teenager, perhaps 18 or so.
5. How has the boy in "Naga" made money as a child?
(a) He has begged for money.
(b) He has sold lucky rocks he finds.
(c) He has joined the circus.
(d) He has worked as a snake charmer.
6. Who is Selvi married to?
7. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
(a) The town library.
(b) The town water tank.
(c) City hall.
(d) The supposedly haunted forest entrance.
8. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
(a) Her secret lover.
(b) Sambu's true father.
(c) A priest.
(d) The father of the girl he is intended to marry.
9. How old is the lost boy?
10. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) Two security guards.
(b) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
(c) Tin cans placed around the building.
(d) An electric fence.
11. Where does Ranga live?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In a really nice apartment.
(c) In the corner of an abandoned building.
(d) In a shelter.
12. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(b) A poisonous frog.
(c) A tiny monkey.
(d) A beautiful bird.
13. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) Bangalore Avenue.
(b) The Great Indian Highway.
(c) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(d) Main Street.
15. Where is the hippie from?
(b) We never really find out.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Radha?
2. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
3. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
4. Who is Leela?
5. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)