|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) The Great Indian Highway.
(b) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Bangalore Avenue.
2. Who is Dr. Kishen?
(a) Sambu's tutor.
(b) Sambu's professional name.
(c) The president of the nearby university where Sambu wants to go.
(d) Sambu's mother's doctor.
3. Where does the hippie encounter the cobbler?
(a) In city hall.
(b) Outside of a temple.
(c) In the town square.
(d) In the shopping mall.
4. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a nanny.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a nurse.
5. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(a) A necklace.
(d) Peaches from the trees.
6. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) She never hears about it.
(b) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
(c) From someone on the street.
(d) From the newspaper.
7. Who is Selvi married to?
8. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A poisonous frog.
(b) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(c) A tiny monkey.
(d) A beautiful bird.
9. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
(a) Worked as a pickpocket.
(b) Worked in the movies.
(c) Worked as a doctor.
(d) Worked as a priest.
10. How old is Rao?
(a) Nearly 100.
11. Where is the hippie from?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) We never really find out.
12. What happens to the boy's father in "Naga"?
(a) He runs off with a woman.
(b) He is taken to jail.
(c) He dies of a heart attack.
(d) He goes insane.
13. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
14. What is the town fair like?
(a) It is quiet and deserted.
(b) It is loud and very wild.
(c) It is filthy and suspicious.
(d) It is dangerous and violent.
15. What does Raman buy to try to win affection from the lost child?
(a) A tiny car.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) A balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
2. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
3. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
4. What was the hippie in his younger years?
5. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)