|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raman wonder about Daisy?
(a) If she is cheating on him.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) If she stole from him.
(d) If she has gone insane.
2. How many rupees is Ranga offered to go with the man in the yellow car?
3. What animal does the boy's father capture in the forest in "Naga"?
(a) A dangerous but pretty fish.
(b) A poisonous frog.
(c) A beautiful bird.
(d) A tiny monkey.
4. How old is Rao?
(a) Nearly 100.
5. What is Sidda accused of stealing?
(b) A necklace.
(d) Peaches from the trees.
6. What does the landlord use as a burglar alarm?
(a) Tin cans placed around the building.
(b) An electric fence.
(c) Two security guards.
(d) A silent alarm that can alert the police.
7. How does Selvi hear of her mother's death?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From someone on the street.
(c) She is doing the TV broadcast when the news comes across her desk.
(d) She never hears about it.
8. Who is Leela?
(a) The child Sidda must take care of.
(b) Sidda's new boss.
(c) Another gardener in the Sivasanker household.
(d) Sidda's wife.
9. Where is the hippie from?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) We never really find out.
10. What has happened to Sambu's father?
(a) No one is sure, but he is missing.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has been jailed.
(d) He ran away.
11. What does Selvi do for a living?
(a) She is a famous newscaster.
(b) She is a famous baker.
(c) She is a famous actress.
(d) She is a famous singer.
12. What job is Sidda hired by Mr. Sivasanker to do?
(a) Paint his house.
(b) Watch his 5-year-old daughter.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Tend to his gardens.
13. What was the hippie in his younger years?
(a) A soldier.
(b) He's never really had a job.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
14. What is Rao still able to do?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Read a newspaper.
15. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
(a) The father of the girl he is intended to marry.
(b) Sambu's true father.
(c) A priest.
(d) Her secret lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
2. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
3. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
4. What has happened to Naga?
5. What does the landlord think is causing all the noise in his building?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)