|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leela?
(a) Sidda's new boss.
(b) Another gardener in the Sivasanker household.
(c) The child Sidda must take care of.
(d) Sidda's wife.
2. Who is Naga?
(a) A boy's pet rat.
(b) A boy's pet dog.
(c) A boy's snake.
(d) A boy's sister.
3. Where does Ranga live?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) In the corner of an abandoned building.
(d) In a really nice apartment.
4. Where does the landlord sleep at night?
(a) In a posh hotel.
(b) In a very fancy bed.
(c) Across his building doorway.
(d) In his bathtub.
5. How has the boy in "Naga" made money as a child?
(a) He has joined the circus.
(b) He has worked as a snake charmer.
(c) He has sold lucky rocks he finds.
(d) He has begged for money.
6. What does Ranga end up doing for a living?
(a) Sharpening knives.
(b) Selling bread.
(c) Painting portraits.
(d) Being a journalist.
7. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) The Great Indian Highway.
(b) Bangalore Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Vinayak Mudali Street.
8. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
(a) A mouse.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Another cat.
(d) A rat.
9. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
(a) The father of the girl he is intended to marry.
(b) Her secret lover.
(c) Sambu's true father.
(d) A priest.
10. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
(a) Worked in the movies.
(b) Worked as a doctor.
(c) Worked as a priest.
(d) Worked as a pickpocket.
11. What has happened to Sambu's father?
(a) He has gone blind.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is off on an expedition and won't be back for 3 years.
(d) He has run off with another woman.
12. What does the landlord think is causing all the noise in his building?
(b) His obnoxious tenants.
(c) A demon spirit.
(d) A squatter.
13. Who is Daisy?
(a) Raman's girlfriend.
(b) Raman's wife.
(c) Raman's former fiancee.
(d) Raman's secret lover.
14. How many surviving children does Ranga have?
15. For how long each day does Ayah take care of Radha?
(a) Just as long as class lasts.
(b) All day -- 12 hours or so.
(c) Until Radha tells her she can leave.
(d) As long as she is needed for medical reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the lost boy?
2. Where did Rao work in his younger years?
3. What does the hippie ask the cobbler if he believes in?
4. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
5. What does Sambu enjoy doing all day?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)