|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) Because the house is infested with rats.
(b) So they can go live undercover.
(c) So they can rent it for income.
(d) So they can flee the country.
2. Who is Rao Venkat?
(a) Shanta's mother.
(b) Shanta's grandmother.
(c) Shanta's father.
(d) Shanta's grandfather.
3. What test taker number is Iswaren?
4. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
(c) Travel the word.
(d) Learn French.
5. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
(a) Sell fruit.
(b) Run a bank.
(c) Sell records.
(d) Run a hospital.
6. What is the name of the town that Velan walks to?
7. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He attacks him viciously.
(b) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(c) He is friendly and follows him home.
(d) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
8. How tall is the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) 30 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
9. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
(a) Because they are not formalized.
(b) Because they have a lot of misspellings.
(c) Because they are running out of words to use.
(d) Because they are all British.
10. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Drive him to the next town over.
(b) Run him over.
(c) Let him borrow it.
(d) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
11. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it food.
(b) He gives it a bath.
(c) He puts a blanket on it.
(d) He gives it toys.
12. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He throws a rock at a street light.
(b) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(c) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(d) He is out with a lot of women one night.
13. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) It takes him several weeks.
(b) He doesn't get ill.
(c) A very long time.
(d) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
14. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
(a) A bad cold.
(b) A headache.
(c) A sore throat.
(d) A tummy ache.
15. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They forgive him.
(c) They report him to the authorities.
(d) They run him out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kannan eventually get gambling money from?
2. Why does Govind Singh retire?
3. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
4. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
5. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)