|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leash made of horse hair.
(b) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(c) A leather leash.
(d) A metal chain.
2. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For being direct with his patients.
(b) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
(c) For overbilling people.
(d) For the figurines he has in his office.
3. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A nice dinner.
4. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(b) His house is hit by lightning.
(c) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(d) His house is hit by a flash flood.
5. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
(a) The people need the tax break.
(b) There is a mean family feud.
(c) The master of the house dies.
(d) A tornado comes through the city.
6. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) On an abandoned road.
(b) In an exhibition packed with people.
(c) On the subway.
(d) In a restaurant.
7. What skill does Iyer lie to the newcomer on the train about having?
(d) Tae Kwon Do.
8. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A police officer.
9. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Front Street.
(b) Airport Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Market Street.
10. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) A group of thugs.
(b) His abusive wife.
(c) An abusive teenager.
(d) The corrupt police.
11. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
12. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
(a) 10 rupees.
(b) 40 rupees.
(c) 20 rupees.
(d) 30 rupees.
13. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
(c) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
(d) The eldest son.
14. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The Bengalore region.
(b) The mountain region.
(c) The Mempi region.
(d) The desert region.
15. How does Iswaren die?
(a) By tripping, falling, and cracking his skull.
(b) By poison.
(c) By being shot.
(d) By drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
3. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
4. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
5. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)