|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
(a) Behind a nearby well.
(b) Onto a separate subway car.
(c) Behind an office building.
(d) Into the forest.
2. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) A god in a dream.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The town priest.
3. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
4. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A sleeping man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A crying baby.
5. What test taker number is Iswaren?
6. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
(a) Rude and nasty.
(b) Confusing and weird.
(c) Friendly and helpful.
(d) Wise and insightful.
7. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
(c) Travel the word.
(d) Learn French.
8. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(a) New York.
9. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(b) Her best clothes.
(c) Her school uniform.
10. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) At the local store.
(b) At the town fair.
(c) On the internet.
(d) In a nearby town.
11. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its toe off.
(b) Knocks its arm off.
(c) Shatters it completely.
(d) Knocks its head off.
12. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
(a) 40 rupees.
(b) 30 rupees.
(c) 20 rupees.
(d) 10 rupees.
13. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Drive him to the next town over.
(b) Let him borrow it.
(c) Run him over.
(d) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
14. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By stealing it.
(b) By saving for months.
(c) By inheriting it.
(d) By winning a raffle.
15. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
2. What is Soma's regular job?
3. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
4. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
5. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)