|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A developer.
(b) The town's mayor.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A doctor.
2. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By inheriting it.
(b) By winning a raffle.
(c) By stealing it.
(d) By saving for months.
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 50 years.
4. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
(a) J. D. Salinger.
(b) P. R. Goldsmith.
(c) R. K. Narayan.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
5. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
6. Why does Atilla's family buy a puppy?
(a) Because they need a watchdog.
(b) Because no one else is around to take care of it.
(c) Because they are dog breeders.
(d) Because their daughter really wants one.
7. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(b) Drown himself in a nearby river.
(c) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(d) Cut off his hands.
8. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) The town priest.
(b) A god in a dream.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
9. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(b) That it will take its course one way or the other.
(c) That he can control it.
(d) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
10. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
(a) Use it for a dental office.
(b) Use it as a hospital.
(c) Demolish it.
(d) Turn it into city hall.
11. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To get his vision back.
(b) To become rich and famous.
(c) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(d) Just to play at the village temple.
12. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her school uniform.
(b) Her best clothes.
13. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) To sell it for scrap metal.
(b) To sell it to a British museum.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
14. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(b) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(c) His house is hit by a flash flood.
(d) His house is hit by lightning.
15. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its head off.
(b) Knocks its toe off.
(c) Shatters it completely.
(d) Knocks its arm off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
3. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
4. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
5. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)