|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Atilla's family buy a puppy?
(a) Because they are dog breeders.
(b) Because they need a watchdog.
(c) Because their daughter really wants one.
(d) Because no one else is around to take care of it.
2. What item does Ranga steal from the family?
(b) A TV.
(c) Their car.
(d) Their famous painting.
3. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(b) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(c) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(d) He throws a rock at a street light.
4. What does Rama sell?
(a) Good luck charms.
(b) Indian snacks and coffee.
(d) Shoe shines.
5. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(b) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(c) Cut off his hands.
(d) Drown himself in a nearby river.
6. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
(a) His son's.
(b) The old woman's.
(c) His daughter's.
(d) His landlord's.
7. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
(a) Because they have a lot of misspellings.
(b) Because they are all British.
(c) Because they are not formalized.
(d) Because they are running out of words to use.
8. What is a sadhu?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A traveling doctor.
(c) A scribe.
(d) A religious hermit.
9. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 10 months.
10. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her best clothes.
(b) Her school uniform.
11. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
(b) Say goodbye to his wife.
(c) Sign his last will.
(d) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
12. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
13. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
14. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
(a) She has a note from her mother.
(b) Because her father still hasn't paid her tuition bill.
(c) She doesn't; Shanta just slips out.
(d) She can tell she is agitated.
15. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(b) He attacks him viciously.
(c) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
(d) He is friendly and follows him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
2. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
3. What is Dr. Raman known for?
4. What is Soma's regular job?
5. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)