|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raju follow the man in the green jacket?
(a) Around the town fair.
(b) Around the bank.
(c) Around the airport.
(d) Around the town shopping mall.
2. What is the name of the town that Velan walks to?
3. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) To sell it for scrap metal.
(b) To sell it to a British museum.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. What did Rama Rao used to do before he lost his business?
(a) Run a bank.
(b) Sell records.
(c) Run a hospital.
(d) Sell fruit.
5. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
(a) A real man.
(b) A true scholar.
(c) A coward.
(d) A brave young man.
6. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its arm off.
(b) Shatters it completely.
(c) Knocks its head off.
(d) Knocks its toe off.
7. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) His mother.
(b) The town priest.
(c) His father.
(d) A god in a dream.
8. What is the tiger known for?
(a) Being lucky.
(b) Talking to people in their dreams.
(c) Foreshadowing death.
(d) Eating humans.
9. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(a) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(c) His house is hit by a flash flood.
(d) His house is hit by lightning.
10. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(b) He throws a rock at a street light.
(c) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(d) He is dressed very, very oddly.
11. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her best clothes.
(b) Her school uniform.
12. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
(a) She doesn't; Shanta just slips out.
(b) Because her father still hasn't paid her tuition bill.
(c) She has a note from her mother.
(d) She can tell she is agitated.
13. What does Kannan find in the tin where his wife keeps her money?
(b) A note yelling at him.
(c) Her money.
14. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Bright colors.
(b) A dress.
(d) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
15. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) An abusive teenager.
(b) A group of thugs.
(c) His abusive wife.
(d) The corrupt police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
2. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
3. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
4. What is a sadhu?
5. Why does entering the contest cost Rama Rao money?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)