|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her best clothes.
(b) Her school uniform.
2. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) The mother.
(b) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The father.
3. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(a) His house is hit by a flash flood.
(b) His house is hit by lightning.
(d) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
4. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Drive him to the next town over.
(b) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(c) Let him borrow it.
(d) Run him over.
5. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
6. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They run him out of town.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They report him to the authorities.
(d) They forgive him.
7. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
(a) A video from an old boyfriend.
(b) A note from the hospital.
(c) A letter about a sick uncle.
(d) A bill from the government.
8. What is Soma's regular job?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a sculptor.
(d) He is a teacher.
9. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He is friendly and follows him home.
(b) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
(c) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(d) He attacks him viciously.
10. Who is Atilla named after?
(a) Atilla the Hun.
(b) The town's mayor.
(c) Atilla the doctor.
(d) The family's grandmother.
11. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's father.
(b) Kamakshi's brother.
(c) Kamakshi's husband.
(d) Kamakshi's priest.
12. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By cannon.
(b) By car.
(c) By blowtorch.
(d) By dynamite.
13. How does the talkative man first try to take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By chainsaw.
(b) By sheer muscle.
(c) By rope.
(d) By hacksaw.
14. How does Iswaren die?
(a) By tripping, falling, and cracking his skull.
(b) By being shot.
(c) By poison.
(d) By drowning.
15. Where does Kannan eventually get gambling money from?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) His son's tin.
(c) He makes a blood donation.
(d) He steals it from a man in a green blazer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rama sell?
2. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
3. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
4. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
5. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)