|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
2. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) No house at all: he is homeless.
(b) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(c) A small hut.
(d) A mansion.
3. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To become rich and famous.
(b) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(c) To get his vision back.
(d) Just to play at the village temple.
4. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's priest.
(b) Kamakshi's husband.
(c) Kamakshi's brother.
(d) Kamakshi's father.
5. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) In an exhibition packed with people.
(b) On the subway.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) On an abandoned road.
6. What does the new owner of the property plan to do with it?
(a) Use it as a hospital.
(b) Use it for a dental office.
(c) Demolish it.
(d) Turn it into city hall.
7. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(b) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(c) A very long time.
(d) Not long at all.
8. What does the talkative man hit accidentally with his engine?
(a) A compound wall.
(b) Someone's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) The side of the library.
9. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(b) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(c) Drown himself in a nearby river.
(d) Cut off his hands.
10. What is the tiger known for?
(a) Eating humans.
(b) Foreshadowing death.
(c) Being lucky.
(d) Talking to people in their dreams.
11. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Bright colors.
(b) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(c) A dress.
12. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) To sell it to a British museum.
(b) Both of these answers are correct.
(c) To sell it for scrap metal.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
13. How old is Shanta?
(a) Elementary-school age.
(b) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
14. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
(b) The mother.
(c) The father.
(d) The eldest son.
15. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A nice dinner.
(c) A balloon.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
2. What is Soma's regular job?
3. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
4. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
5. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)