|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) That he will never pass it.
(b) That he will pass it with no problems.
(c) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
(d) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
2. Who is Rao Venkat?
(a) Shanta's grandfather.
(b) Shanta's grandmother.
(c) Shanta's mother.
(d) Shanta's father.
3. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Where does Kannan want to gamble?
(a) At the state capitol.
(b) In a secret game in his friend's basement.
(c) At a place called Lucky Raja.
(d) At a place called Mantapam.
5. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
6. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(c) Broken down.
7. What test taker number is Iswaren?
8. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
(a) 6 months.
9. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
(a) R. K. Narayan.
(b) J. D. Salinger.
(c) P. R. Goldsmith.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
10. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
(a) Behind an office building.
(b) Behind a nearby well.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Onto a separate subway car.
11. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(b) Run him over.
(c) Let him borrow it.
(d) Drive him to the next town over.
12. How much money does Raju initially steal from the man in the green blazer?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 30 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
13. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(d) New York.
14. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) How to tell time.
(d) Her alphabet.
15. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Travel the word.
(c) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
(d) Learn French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
2. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
3. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
4. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
5. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)