|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They run him out of town.
(b) They report him to the authorities.
(c) They forgive him.
(d) They beat him.
2. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By winning a raffle.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) By saving for months.
(d) By inheriting it.
3. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
(a) Friendly and helpful.
(b) Wise and insightful.
(c) Rude and nasty.
(d) Confusing and weird.
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
(a) A video from an old boyfriend.
(b) A bill from the government.
(c) A letter about a sick uncle.
(d) A note from the hospital.
5. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
(a) Because they are not formalized.
(b) Because they are running out of words to use.
(c) Because they are all British.
(d) Because they have a lot of misspellings.
6. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
7. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
(a) She doesn't; Shanta just slips out.
(b) She has a note from her mother.
(c) She can tell she is agitated.
(d) Because her father still hasn't paid her tuition bill.
8. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) That he can control it.
(b) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(c) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(d) That it will take its course one way or the other.
9. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
10. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Market Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Airport Avenue.
(d) Front Street.
11. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
(a) In city hall.
(b) Way out in the country where no one can find it.
(c) On the town fairgrounds.
(d) At the town library.
12. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her school uniform.
(c) Her best clothes.
13. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
14. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) The town priest.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A god in a dream.
15. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Sign his last will.
(b) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
(c) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
(d) Say goodbye to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
2. What is Kannan's usual job?
3. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
4. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
5. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)