|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is mad that he didn't finish the job.
(d) She divorces him.
2. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A developer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A dentist.
(d) The town's mayor.
3. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The flute.
(c) The lyre.
(d) The piano.
5. What test taker number is Iswaren?
6. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
(a) His landlord's.
(b) His daughter's.
(c) His son's.
(d) The old woman's.
7. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
(a) 20 rupees.
(b) 10 rupees.
(c) 15 rupees.
(d) 5 rupees.
8. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) On an abandoned road.
(b) On the subway.
(c) In an exhibition packed with people.
(d) In a restaurant.
9. Where does Kannan eventually get gambling money from?
(a) He makes a blood donation.
(b) His son's tin.
(c) He steals it from a man in a green blazer.
(d) A neighbor.
10. Where does Kannan want to gamble?
(a) At the state capitol.
(b) In a secret game in his friend's basement.
(c) At a place called Lucky Raja.
(d) At a place called Mantapam.
11. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By river taxi.
12. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(a) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(b) Drown himself in a nearby river.
(d) Cut off his hands.
13. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
(a) A note from the hospital.
(b) A letter about a sick uncle.
(c) A video from an old boyfriend.
(d) A bill from the government.
14. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) They are about even.
(b) The newcomer.
(c) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
15. Why does Atilla's family buy a puppy?
(a) Because no one else is around to take care of it.
(b) Because their daughter really wants one.
(c) Because they are dog breeders.
(d) Because they need a watchdog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Atilla named after?
2. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
3. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
4. What item does Ranga steal from the family?
5. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)