|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) That he will never pass it.
(b) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
(c) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
(d) That he will pass it with no problems.
2. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) On the internet.
(b) At the local store.
(c) In a nearby town.
(d) At the town fair.
3. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(b) A mansion.
(c) No house at all: he is homeless.
(d) A small hut.
4. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
(a) Behind an office building.
(b) Into the forest.
(c) Onto a separate subway car.
(d) Behind a nearby well.
5. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
(a) With music.
(b) With magic.
(c) With keys, even though they are the wrong ones.
(d) With elephants and muscle power.
6. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
(a) Because they are not formalized.
(b) Because they are all British.
(c) Because they have a lot of misspellings.
(d) Because they are running out of words to use.
7. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(a) Broken down.
8. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He throws a rock at a street light.
(b) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(c) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(d) He is running through the streets, screaming.
9. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The Bengalore region.
(b) The mountain region.
(c) The Mempi region.
(d) The desert region.
10. Who is Ranga?
(a) A priest by day, thief by night.
(b) A laborer by day, thief by night.
(c) A doctor by day, thief by night.
(d) A lawyer by day, thief by night.
11. What does Kannan find in the tin where his wife keeps her money?
(c) A note yelling at him.
(d) Her money.
12. What is Soma's regular job?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a dentist.
13. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 years.
14. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
15. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A crying baby.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A sleeping man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does Rama have his business?
2. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
3. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
5. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)