|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
(c) 6 months.
2. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
(a) He is his father.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) He is a famous movie star.
(d) He doesn't know Gopal.
3. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. How long does the dog hang around the market before it meets the blind man?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a palace.
(d) In a converted train car.
6. How does the talkative man first try to take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By chainsaw.
(b) By hacksaw.
(c) By sheer muscle.
(d) By rope.
7. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
8. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
(a) The lyre.
(b) The flute.
(c) The piano.
(d) The guitar.
9. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) A serial killer on the loose.
(b) A fire.
(c) A religious procession.
(d) Political unrest.
10. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) The town's mayor.
(d) A developer.
11. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He attacks him viciously.
(b) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(c) He is friendly and follows him home.
(d) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
12. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) An abusive teenager.
(b) A group of thugs.
(c) His abusive wife.
(d) The corrupt police.
13. How old is Shanta?
(a) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
(b) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Elementary-school age.
14. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Run him over.
(b) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(c) Drive him to the next town over.
(d) Let him borrow it.
15. How much money does Raju initially steal from the man in the green blazer?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 30 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
2. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
3. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
4. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
5. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)