|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(b) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(c) His house is hit by a flash flood.
(d) His house is hit by lightning.
2. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
(a) His own son.
(b) The current tenants.
(c) An anonymous buyer.
(d) The king.
3. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(b) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(c) That it will take its course one way or the other.
(d) That he can control it.
4. Who is Ranga?
(a) A laborer by day, thief by night.
(b) A lawyer by day, thief by night.
(c) A doctor by day, thief by night.
(d) A priest by day, thief by night.
5. How much money does Raju initially steal from the man in the green blazer?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 30 rubles.
6. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's father.
(b) Kamakshi's priest.
(c) Kamakshi's brother.
(d) Kamakshi's husband.
7. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(b) The horrible bus driver
(c) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(d) The lack of supervision on the playground.
8. What test taker number is Iswaren?
9. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Market Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Airport Avenue.
(d) Front Street.
10. What is a sadhu?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A religious hermit.
(d) A scribe.
11. Where does Govind Singh work?
12. What does Rama sell?
(a) Shoe shines.
(c) Good luck charms.
(d) Indian snacks and coffee.
13. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) The mother.
(b) The father.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
14. What does Shanta plan to wear to the movies?
(a) Her best clothes.
(c) Her school uniform.
15. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) So they can flee the country.
(b) So they can rent it for income.
(c) Because the house is infested with rats.
(d) So they can go live undercover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
2. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
3. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
4. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
5. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)