|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
(a) A lion.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A man-eating tiger.
(d) A beautiful bird.
2. Where does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) At the local store.
(b) In a nearby town.
(c) On the internet.
(d) At the town fair.
3. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A bushel of apples.
(b) A small pension.
(c) A bus pass.
(d) A box of stationery.
5. How does the talkative man first try to take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By rope.
(b) By chainsaw.
(c) By sheer muscle.
(d) By hacksaw.
6. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The mother.
(c) No one; he is too friendly and kind to bother anyone.
(d) The father.
7. What government wants to nationalize the street names in "Lawley Road"?
(a) No government -- it's just a group of citizens who want to make the change.
(b) The federal government.
(c) The state government.
(d) The municipal government.
8. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
(a) 6 months.
9. What exam does Iswaren have a problem passing?
(a) The Intermediate level exam.
(b) The French language exam.
(c) The physical exam.
(d) The college entrance exam (SAT).
10. Where does Kannan want to gamble?
(a) In a secret game in his friend's basement.
(b) At a place called Lucky Raja.
(c) At the state capitol.
(d) At a place called Mantapam.
11. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
(b) It takes him several weeks.
(c) A very long time.
(d) He doesn't get ill.
12. What does Rama sell?
(a) Indian snacks and coffee.
(c) Good luck charms.
(d) Shoe shines.
13. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
(a) 30 rupees.
(b) 10 rupees.
(c) 40 rupees.
(d) 20 rupees.
14. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Sign his last will.
(b) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
(c) Say goodbye to his wife.
(d) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
15. What does Kannan find in the tin where his wife keeps her money?
(a) A note yelling at him.
(b) Her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Dr. Raman perform an operation on Gopal?
2. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
3. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
5. Why does Atilla's family buy a puppy?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)