|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Front Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Market Street.
(d) Airport Avenue.
2. What is Kannan's usual job?
(a) Working in a bank.
(b) He doesn't really have a real job.
(c) Climbing coconut trees to clean and prune them.
(d) Working as a doctor.
3. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By blowtorch.
(b) By dynamite.
(c) By car.
(d) By cannon.
4. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A crying baby.
5. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The town priest.
(d) A god in a dream.
6. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(b) A very long time.
(c) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(d) Not long at all.
7. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The town's mayor.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A developer.
8. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The Mempi region.
(b) The mountain region.
(c) The desert region.
(d) The Bengalore region.
9. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
(b) That he will pass it with no problems.
(c) That he will never pass it.
(d) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
10. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 year.
11. What is a sadhu?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A religious hermit.
(c) A scribe.
(d) A fortune teller.
12. What is the tiger known for?
(a) Talking to people in their dreams.
(b) Eating humans.
(c) Being lucky.
(d) Foreshadowing death.
13. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
(a) His own son.
(b) The king.
(c) The current tenants.
(d) An anonymous buyer.
14. What does Rama sell?
(b) Indian snacks and coffee.
(c) Shoe shines.
(d) Good luck charms.
15. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(b) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
(c) He is friendly and follows him home.
(d) He attacks him viciously.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
2. Who is the author of "Malgudi Days"?
3. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
4. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
5. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)