Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
(a) 50 pounds.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 100 rupees.
2. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
(a) A man-eating tiger.
(b) A beautiful bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cobra.
3. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) A group of thugs.
(b) An abusive teenager.
(c) The corrupt police.
(d) His abusive wife.
4. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By foot.
(b) By river taxi.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By train.
5. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) It takes him several weeks.
(b) A very long time.
(c) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
(d) He doesn't get ill.
6. What test taker number is Iswaren?
7. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
(a) The Metreon.
(b) The Bengalore Big Screen 15.
(c) The Cina Cinaplex.
(d) The Palace Talkies.
8. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) That it will take its course one way or the other.
(b) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(c) That he can control it.
(d) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
9. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A developer.
(c) The town's mayor.
(d) A doctor.
10. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
(a) The current tenants.
(b) His own son.
(c) An anonymous buyer.
(d) The king.
11. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 months.
12. What causes the family that Velan works for to rent out their house?
(a) The people need the tax break.
(b) There is a mean family feud.
(c) The master of the house dies.
(d) A tornado comes through the city.
13. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For being direct with his patients.
(b) For the figurines he has in his office.
(c) For overbilling people.
(d) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
14. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Front Street.
(b) Market Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Airport Avenue.
15. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
(a) He is friendly and follows him home.
(b) He wakes up the rest of the family.
(c) He attacks him viciously.
(d) He is so old and deaf that he doesn't even hear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
2. What does the talkative man hit accidentally with his engine?
3. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
5. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)