|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
(a) Because they are all British.
(b) Because they have a lot of misspellings.
(c) Because they are not formalized.
(d) Because they are running out of words to use.
2. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
3. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
(a) The Metreon.
(b) The Bengalore Big Screen 15.
(c) The Cina Cinaplex.
(d) The Palace Talkies.
4. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
(a) In a palace.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a converted train car.
(d) In a cave.
5. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(b) He throws a rock at a street light.
(c) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(d) He is running through the streets, screaming.
6. What is the tiger known for?
(a) Eating humans.
(b) Foreshadowing death.
(c) Talking to people in their dreams.
(d) Being lucky.
7. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Her alphabet.
(c) How to tell time.
(d) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
8. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it food.
(b) He puts a blanket on it.
(c) He gives it toys.
(d) He gives it a bath.
9. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) An abusive teenager.
(b) His abusive wife.
(c) A group of thugs.
(d) The corrupt police.
10. How tall is the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
11. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
(a) A lion.
(b) A beautiful bird.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A man-eating tiger.
12. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) Political unrest.
(b) A fire.
(c) A serial killer on the loose.
(d) A religious procession.
13. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) Not long at all.
(b) A very long time.
(c) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(d) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
14. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
(a) At the town library.
(b) Way out in the country where no one can find it.
(c) On the town fairgrounds.
(d) In city hall.
15. What is the first job Velan gets after leaving his hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
2. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
3. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
4. Who is Ramanujan?
5. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)