|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(b) That it will take its course one way or the other.
(c) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(d) That he can control it.
2. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) On the subway.
(b) On an abandoned road.
(c) In an exhibition packed with people.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) A very long time.
(b) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
(c) He doesn't get ill.
(d) It takes him several weeks.
4. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's brother.
(b) Kamakshi's father.
(c) Kamakshi's husband.
(d) Kamakshi's priest.
5. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
(a) The king.
(b) His own son.
(c) An anonymous buyer.
(d) The current tenants.
6. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is mad that he didn't finish the job.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She divorces him.
7. How does the talkative man first try to take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By sheer muscle.
(b) By chainsaw.
(c) By hacksaw.
(d) By rope.
8. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it food.
(b) He puts a blanket on it.
(c) He gives it toys.
(d) He gives it a bath.
9. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leather leash.
(b) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(c) A metal chain.
(d) A leash made of horse hair.
10. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(b) To become rich and famous.
(c) To get his vision back.
(d) Just to play at the village temple.
11. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) A serial killer on the loose.
(b) A religious procession.
(c) A fire.
(d) Political unrest.
12. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
(a) A random man whose name we never learn.
(b) Guru Nayak.
(c) The astrologer's father.
(d) The king.
13. What skill does Iyer lie to the newcomer on the train about having?
(a) Tae Kwon Do.
14. Where does Kannan eventually get gambling money from?
(a) He makes a blood donation.
(b) His son's tin.
(c) He steals it from a man in a green blazer.
(d) A neighbor.
15. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) A small hut.
(b) No house at all: he is homeless.
(c) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(d) A mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
2. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
4. What does Rama sell?
5. What is Kannan's usual job?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)