|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(b) A metal chain.
(c) A leash made of horse hair.
(d) A leather leash.
2. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) Not long at all.
(b) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(c) A very long time.
(d) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
3. Who is Ramanujan?
(a) Kamakshi's brother.
(b) Kamakshi's father.
(c) Kamakshi's priest.
(d) Kamakshi's husband.
4. What piece of mail does Thanappa hide?
(a) A note from the hospital.
(b) A video from an old boyfriend.
(c) A bill from the government.
(d) A letter about a sick uncle.
5. What is Shanta learning at school?
(a) Her alphabet and how to tell time.
(b) How to tell time.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Her alphabet.
6. Where does Raju follow the man in the green jacket?
(a) Around the town shopping mall.
(b) Around the town fair.
(c) Around the airport.
(d) Around the bank.
7. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
8. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By inheriting it.
(b) By winning a raffle.
(c) By saving for months.
(d) By stealing it.
9. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
10. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
(b) Sign his last will.
(c) Say goodbye to his wife.
(d) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
11. What test taker number is Iswaren?
12. Who is Ranga?
(a) A doctor by day, thief by night.
(b) A laborer by day, thief by night.
(c) A priest by day, thief by night.
(d) A lawyer by day, thief by night.
13. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
(a) A lottery.
(b) A spelling bee.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A crossword puzzle contest.
14. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
(a) 10 rupees.
(b) 20 rupees.
(c) 30 rupees.
(d) 40 rupees.
15. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Knocks its head off.
(b) Shatters it completely.
(c) Knocks its toe off.
(d) Knocks its arm off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kannan find in the tin where his wife keeps her money?
2. On what street does Rama have his business?
3. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
4. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
5. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)