|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kamakshi when the reader first meets her?
(b) 6 months.
2. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
(a) Drown himself in a nearby river.
(b) Sacrifice his first-born son.
(c) Cut off his hands.
3. Where does Raju follow the man in the green jacket?
(a) Around the airport.
(b) Around the town fair.
(c) Around the bank.
(d) Around the town shopping mall.
4. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(c) Broken down.
5. Why does Kannan decide he can gamble?
(a) Because he can just feel that he is lucky that day.
(b) Because he's the man of the house and he can do whatever he wants.
(c) Because his wife and son are out of town.
(d) Because the family has a surplus of money.
6. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
(a) They forgive him.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They report him to the authorities.
(d) They run him out of town.
7. Who buys the property Velan has worked on for years and years?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The town's mayor.
(d) A developer.
8. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
(a) 30 rupees.
(b) 40 rupees.
(c) 20 rupees.
(d) 10 rupees.
9. How much money does Raju initially steal from the man in the green blazer?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 30 rubles.
10. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
(a) A random man whose name we never learn.
(b) Guru Nayak.
(c) The astrologer's father.
(d) The king.
11. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
(a) He fears the bus driver.
(b) He hasn't done his homework.
(c) He is afraid of the punishment for being late.
(d) He might get attacked by tigers on the way.
12. Who is Ranga?
(a) A doctor by day, thief by night.
(b) A priest by day, thief by night.
(c) A lawyer by day, thief by night.
(d) A laborer by day, thief by night.
13. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) Both of these answers are correct.
(b) To sell it for scrap metal.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) To sell it to a British museum.
14. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Let him borrow it.
(b) Drive him to the next town over.
(c) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(d) Run him over.
15. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 50 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Atilla named after?
2. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
3. What is the name of the town that Velan walks to?
4. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
5. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)