|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
(a) With elephants and muscle power.
(b) With keys, even though they are the wrong ones.
(c) With music.
(d) With magic.
2. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(a) His house is hit by lightning.
(c) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(d) His house is hit by a flash flood.
3. What is the first job Velan gets after leaving his hometown?
4. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a converted train car.
(d) In a palace.
5. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A sleeping man.
(d) A crying baby.
6. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
7. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is mad that he didn't finish the job.
8. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) Because his hearing is declining.
(b) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
(c) Because his vision is declining.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
9. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) Not long at all.
(b) A very long time.
(c) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(d) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
10. Why does Rama Rao and his family have to move out of their home?
(a) So they can rent it for income.
(b) So they can flee the country.
(c) So they can go live undercover.
(d) Because the house is infested with rats.
11. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
(a) An arranged one.
(b) One that will allow him to travel on a boat.
(c) One that pays off all of his debts.
(d) An expensive one.
12. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(c) Broken down.
13. What goals does the talkative man's music teacher have for himself and his music?
(a) Just to play at the village temple.
(b) To get his vision back.
(c) To become rich and famous.
(d) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
14. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
(b) For being direct with his patients.
(c) For the figurines he has in his office.
(d) For overbilling people.
15. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
(a) Onto a separate subway car.
(b) Behind a nearby well.
(c) Behind an office building.
(d) Into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
2. Who does Atilla bother the most as a puppy?
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
4. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
5. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)