|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first job Velan gets after leaving his hometown?
2. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a converted train car.
(d) In a palace.
3. Why does entering the contest cost Rama Rao money?
(a) Because he must pay someone to help him win.
(b) Because there is an entrance fee.
(c) Because he encloses a bribe in the envelope.
(d) Because he has to send his entry by registered mail.
4. How much money does Rama Rao win from the contest each week?
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 100 rupees.
5. Where is Raju finally able to pick the pocket of the man in the green blazer?
(a) On the subway.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In an exhibition packed with people.
(d) On an abandoned road.
6. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Sign his last will.
(b) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
(c) Say goodbye to his wife.
(d) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
7. What is the name of the teacher Swami complains about?
8. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Travel the word.
(b) Learn French.
(d) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
9. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By saving for months.
(b) By winning a raffle.
(c) By inheriting it.
(d) By stealing it.
10. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
(a) Political unrest.
(b) A serial killer on the loose.
(c) A religious procession.
(d) A fire.
11. What is Kannan's usual job?
(a) Working in a bank.
(b) He doesn't really have a real job.
(c) Climbing coconut trees to clean and prune them.
(d) Working as a doctor.
12. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
(a) The desert region.
(b) The Mempi region.
(c) The Bengalore region.
(d) The mountain region.
13. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) An abusive teenager.
(b) A group of thugs.
(c) His abusive wife.
(d) The corrupt police.
14. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He throws a rock at a street light.
(b) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(c) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(d) He is out with a lot of women one night.
15. What test taker number is Iswaren?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
2. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
3. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
4. How does Atilla react to Ranga?
5. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)