|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(b) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(c) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(d) He throws a rock at a street light.
2. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
(a) By saving for months.
(b) By winning a raffle.
(c) By stealing it.
(d) By inheriting it.
3. Where does Kannan want to gamble?
(a) At a place called Mantapam.
(b) In a secret game in his friend's basement.
(c) At a place called Lucky Raja.
(d) At the state capitol.
4. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(b) The lack of supervision on the playground.
(c) The horrible bus driver
(d) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
5. Where does the talkative man first try to keep his engine?
(a) On the town fairgrounds.
(b) In city hall.
(c) Way out in the country where no one can find it.
(d) At the town library.
6. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
(b) His house falls into the Earth after an earthquake.
(c) His house is hit by lightning.
(d) His house is hit by a flash flood.
7. Where does Raju go to see how much money he has stolen?
(a) Behind an office building.
(b) Behind a nearby well.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Onto a separate subway car.
8. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
(a) A true scholar.
(b) A coward.
(c) A brave young man.
(d) A real man.
9. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
(a) One that will allow him to travel on a boat.
(b) One that pays off all of his debts.
(c) An arranged one.
(d) An expensive one.
11. On what street does Rama have his business?
(a) Airport Avenue.
(b) Market Street.
(c) Front Street.
(d) Main Street.
12. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) The dog himself.
(b) A fellow merchant.
(c) The old woman.
(d) A family member.
13. How long does it take for things to settle down before Rama can try to reopen his business?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 months.
14. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
15. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
(a) Sign his last will.
(b) Leave all of his money to Dr. Raman.
(c) Say goodbye to his wife.
(d) Go out and have one last fun-filled night with some friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
2. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
3. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
4. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
5. How much does Rama earn each day in sales?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)