|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Selvi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Selvi's mother live?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Bangalore Avenue.
(c) Vinayak Mudali Street.
(d) The Great Indian Highway.
2. What has been Ayah's job for 20 years or so?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a nanny.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a nurse.
3. What is Dr. Raman known for?
(a) For being direct with his patients.
(b) For overbilling people.
(c) For helping the poor, even if they can't pay.
(d) For the figurines he has in his office.
4. What kind of house does Kannan live in?
(a) No house at all: he is homeless.
(b) A regular house -- not too big, not too small.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A small hut.
5. What did Sambu's father do for a living?
(a) Worked in the movies.
(b) Worked as a doctor.
(c) Worked as a priest.
(d) Worked as a pickpocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Rama spend each day in supplies?
2. Near what landmark does Ramu fall asleep after a fight with his mother?
3. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
4. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
5. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)