|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lawley Road, Trail of the Green Blazer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a sadhu?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A scribe.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A religious hermit.
2. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) His father.
(b) A god in a dream.
(c) His mother.
(d) The town priest.
3. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
(a) A lottery.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) A spelling bee.
(d) A crossword puzzle contest.
4. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
(a) How his medicines can cure all kinds of ills.
(b) What his figurines represent.
(c) How to use fertilizer.
(d) Why his clothes are semi-waterproof.
5. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
(a) A nice dinner.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the street names supposedly need to be changed?
2. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
3. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
4. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
5. How does the astrologer's wife respond to his tale of nearly killing someone?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)