|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Blind Dog, Fellow-Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
(a) An arranged one.
(b) An expensive one.
(c) One that pays off all of his debts.
(d) One that will allow him to travel on a boat.
2. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(b) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(c) That he can control it.
(d) That it will take its course one way or the other.
3. What skill does Iyer lie to the newcomer on the train about having?
(a) Tae Kwon Do.
4. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(b) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
(c) Not long at all.
(d) A very long time.
5. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) A group of thugs.
(b) An abusive teenager.
(c) The corrupt police.
(d) His abusive wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
2. Why does Govind Singh retire?
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
4. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
5. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)