|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Blind Dog, Fellow-Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories are in "Malgudi Days"?
2. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
(a) This is a trick question; Dr. Raman never talks about nature.
(b) That the idea of nature is pure silliness.
(c) That he can control it.
(d) That it will take its course one way or the other.
3. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(a) Broken down.
4. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leather leash.
(b) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(c) A metal chain.
(d) A leash made of horse hair.
5. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
(a) Confusing and weird.
(b) Rude and nasty.
(c) Friendly and helpful.
(d) Wise and insightful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
2. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
3. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
4. Why does Govind Singh retire?
5. How does the family react to Thanappa's hiding of the mail?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)