|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Blind Dog, Fellow-Feeling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man comes to see the astrologer as he is just about to close down for the night?
(a) A random man whose name we never learn.
(b) Guru Nayak.
(c) The astrologer's father.
(d) The king.
2. What kind of clothing does the astrologer wear when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) Just a towel, since he just got out of the shower.
(b) Bright colors.
(d) A dress.
3. How long has Thanapa been a mailman when he is first introduced in the text?
(a) Not long at all.
(b) A very long time.
(c) This is a trick question; he is actually a butcher.
(d) This is a trick question; he is not a mailman.
4. Where does the astrologer set up his shop?
(a) In Town Hall Park.
(b) At the edge of the forest.
(c) In a dark alley.
(d) In the city library.
5. What action of Govind Singh's attracts a police officer's attention?
(a) He is running through the streets, screaming.
(b) He is dressed very, very oddly.
(c) He is out with a lot of women one night.
(d) He throws a rock at a street light.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
2. What kind of marriage does Ramanujan want for Kamakshi?
3. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
4. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
5. What is Dr. Raman known for?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)