|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a sadhu?
(a) A scribe.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A religious hermit.
(d) A traveling doctor.
2. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leather leash.
(b) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(c) A leash made of horse hair.
(d) A metal chain.
3. What is Soma's regular job?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a sculptor.
4. Why does Shanta's teacher let her go home early?
(a) She doesn't; Shanta just slips out.
(b) Because her father still hasn't paid her tuition bill.
(c) She has a note from her mother.
(d) She can tell she is agitated.
5. Where does Govind Singh work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
2. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
3. Where does Iswaren go to see a movie?
4. Why does Velan leave his birthplace?
5. Who does the landlord call to get rid of the noises in his building?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)