|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kannan decide he can gamble?
(a) Because his wife and son are out of town.
(b) Because he's the man of the house and he can do whatever he wants.
(c) Because the family has a surplus of money.
(d) Because he can just feel that he is lucky that day.
2. Who is Rao Venkat?
(a) Shanta's grandmother.
(b) Shanta's grandfather.
(c) Shanta's mother.
(d) Shanta's father.
3. What makes Raju try to return the stolen purse?
(a) The balloon that was meant for the motherless boy.
(b) He knows his fingerprints are all over it.
(c) He realizes it is the purse of a friend.
(d) He feels guilty.
4. What test taker number is Iswaren?
5. Why does Velan leave his birthplace?
(a) The woman he loves lives somewhere else.
(b) He has a fight with his father.
(c) He is running from the law.
(d) He is kicked out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
2. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
3. What is the cat chasing when it gets a jug stuck on its head?
4. What is Dr. Raman known for?
5. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)