|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) Because his vision is declining.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Because his hearing is declining.
(d) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
2. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it toys.
(b) He gives it a bath.
(c) He puts a blanket on it.
(d) He gives it food.
3. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
4. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(b) New York.
5. Why does Kannan decide he can gamble?
(a) Because he can just feel that he is lucky that day.
(b) Because he's the man of the house and he can do whatever he wants.
(c) Because the family has a surplus of money.
(d) Because his wife and son are out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man with the tufted beard that Sambu's mother talks to?
2. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
3. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
4. What causes the riot that affects Rama's business?
5. What time does Shanta expect to go to the movies?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)