|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
2. What does the swami want the talkative man to do to him with his engine?
(a) Demonstrate it so they both can make money.
(b) Drive him to the next town over.
(c) Run him over.
(d) Let him borrow it.
3. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(b) The newcomer.
(c) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
(d) They are about even.
4. Who teaches Selvi the skills she needs for her career?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
5. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
2. What is Kannan's usual job?
3. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
4. On what street does Rama have his business?
5. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)