|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) A group of thugs.
(b) The corrupt police.
(c) His abusive wife.
(d) An abusive teenager.
2. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By foot.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) By river taxi.
3. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
(a) With magic.
(b) With music.
(c) With elephants and muscle power.
(d) With keys, even though they are the wrong ones.
4. What test taker number is Iswaren?
5. What is Soma's regular job?
(a) He is a sculptor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
2. Whose death causes the blind man to put a rope on the dog?
3. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
4. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
5. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)