|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the talkative man first try to move the engine?
(a) With magic.
(b) With music.
(c) With keys, even though they are the wrong ones.
(d) With elephants and muscle power.
2. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
(a) Why his clothes are semi-waterproof.
(b) What his figurines represent.
(c) How his medicines can cure all kinds of ills.
(d) How to use fertilizer.
3. How does the talkative man reach the village with the tiger?
(a) By river taxi.
(b) By train.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By foot.
4. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(b) Broken down.
5. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leather leash.
(b) A leash made of horse hair.
(c) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(d) A metal chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
2. What is a sadhu?
3. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
4. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
5. What animal enters the room while the talkative man is playing music (after he has banned the sadhu from entering)?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)