|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A leather leash.
(b) A leash made of horse hair.
(c) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(d) A metal chain.
2. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A box of stationery.
(b) A bushel of apples.
(c) A small pension.
(d) A bus pass.
4. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it toys.
(b) He puts a blanket on it.
(c) He gives it food.
(d) He gives it a bath.
5. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) An abusive teenager.
(b) His abusive wife.
(c) The corrupt police.
(d) A group of thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the talkative man acquire his engine?
2. How does Dr. Raman feel about nature?
3. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
4. What is the tiger known for?
5. What is Soma's regular job?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)