|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) His abusive wife.
(b) An abusive teenager.
(c) The corrupt police.
(d) A group of thugs.
2. Where does Govind Singh work?
3. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Shatters it completely.
(b) Knocks its toe off.
(c) Knocks its head off.
(d) Knocks its arm off.
5. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
(a) What his figurines represent.
(b) How his medicines can cure all kinds of ills.
(c) How to use fertilizer.
(d) Why his clothes are semi-waterproof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sadhu first request of the talkative man?
2. What does Gopal want to do if he is expected to die?
3. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
4. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
5. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)