|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iswaren's family think about his passing the exam?
(a) That he will never pass it.
(b) That it doesn't matter because they bribed the test proctor to pass him anyway.
(c) That he will pass it with no problems.
(d) They don't know that he is trying to take it.
2. Who tells Soma that he must damage his statue?
(a) His father.
(b) A god in a dream.
(c) The town priest.
(d) His mother.
3. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
4. Where does the talkative man sleep when the tiger comes?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a converted train car.
(d) In a palace.
5. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
(a) Broken down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
2. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
3. In what region is the village the talkative man goes to visit when he encounters the tiger?
4. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
5. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)