|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the blind man get the rope that he uses on the dog?
(a) A family member.
(b) The dog himself.
(c) The old woman.
(d) A fellow merchant.
2. What is a sadhu?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A scribe.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A religious hermit.
3. How long does it take Gopal to become ill?
(a) Not very long at all; he gets sick quite suddenly.
(b) It takes him several weeks.
(c) A very long time.
(d) He doesn't get ill.
4. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Because his vision is declining.
(d) Because his hearing is declining.
5. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soma offer to do to placate the god in lieu of damaging his beloved statue?
2. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
3. How many times has Iswaren failed his exam?
4. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
5. What is Dr. Raman known for?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)