|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
(a) He is a famous movie star.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) He doesn't know Gopal.
(d) He is his father.
2. How long has Govind Singh worked as a security guard?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. What day does Swami not want to go to school on?
4. What does Govind Singh do in his free time in retirement?
(a) Make small models out of clay and sawdust.
(b) Learn French.
(d) Travel the word.
5. Who has the physical advantage between Iyer and the newcomer on the train?
(a) They are about even.
(c) The newcomer.
(d) This is a trick question because we never learn about their physical appearance or size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
2. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
3. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
4. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
5. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)