|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
(a) He fears the bus driver.
(b) He hasn't done his homework.
(c) He is afraid of the punishment for being late.
(d) He might get attacked by tigers on the way.
2. Why does Govind Singh retire?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Because his vision is declining.
(c) Because his hearing is declining.
(d) Because his hearing and vision are both declining.
3. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(b) A leather leash.
(c) A metal chain.
(d) A leash made of horse hair.
4. What musical instrument did the talkative man play in his youth?
(a) The lyre.
(b) The flute.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
5. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
(a) Rude and nasty.
(b) Confusing and weird.
(c) Friendly and helpful.
(d) Wise and insightful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tiger known for?
2. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
3. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
4. What does the talkative man lecture the villagers on?
5. What does the talkative man sell for a living?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)