|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snake-Song, Engine Trouble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he retires, what does Govind Singh receive each month from his employer?
(a) A small pension.
(b) A bushel of apples.
(c) A box of stationery.
(d) A bus pass.
2. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
(a) He gives it a bath.
(b) He gives it food.
(c) He puts a blanket on it.
(d) He gives it toys.
3. Where does Govind Singh work?
4. What goals does the talkative man have for himself and his music?
(a) To get his vision back.
(b) To play with Yo Yo Ma one day.
(c) To become rich and famous.
(d) Just to play at the village temple.
5. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(b) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(c) The horrible bus driver
(d) The lack of supervision on the playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
2. What happens to Soma's house after he shows people the statue?
3. What ailment does Swami try to use to stay home from school?
4. What is Soma's regular job?
5. How does Dr. Raman know Gopal?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)