|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leela's Friend, Mother and Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the newcomer on the train force to move?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A crying baby.
2. What does Swami's father call him when he returns home from school?
(a) A true scholar.
(b) A coward.
(c) A real man.
(d) A brave young man.
3. How does the talkative man finally take down the statue of Frederick Lawley?
(a) By dynamite.
(b) By car.
(c) By blowtorch.
(d) By cannon.
4. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(b) The lack of supervision on the playground.
(c) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(d) The horrible bus driver
5. How old is Shanta?
(a) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
(b) A teenager.
(c) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
(d) Elementary-school age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
2. Who is Leela?
3. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
4. How long has it taken Soma to make his statue of a god?
5. What government wants to nationalize the street names in "Lawley Road"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)