|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leela's Friend, Mother and Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
(a) How expensive tuition is for such a bad school.
(b) The horrible bus driver
(c) Swami's reportedly abusive teacher.
(d) The lack of supervision on the playground.
2. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
(a) His own son.
(b) The king.
(c) The current tenants.
(d) An anonymous buyer.
3. What kind of contest does Rama Rao end up entering each week?
(a) A lottery.
(b) A crossword puzzle contest.
(c) A spelling bee.
(d) A fashion show.
4. Where is Rajam Iyer's train headed?
(c) New York.
5. What reason does Swami give his dad for not wanting to go to school?
(a) He is afraid of the punishment for being late.
(b) He hasn't done his homework.
(c) He fears the bus driver.
(d) He might get attacked by tigers on the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teacher Swami complains about?
2. What item does the man in the green blazer buy for a motherless boy?
3. What government wants to nationalize the street names in "Lawley Road"?
4. How does the blind man initially befriend the dog?
5. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)