|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leela's Friend, Mother and Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the dog initially defend the blind man?
(a) His abusive wife.
(b) A group of thugs.
(c) An abusive teenager.
(d) The corrupt police.
2. How old is Shanta?
(a) A teenager.
(b) Elementary-school age.
(c) Quite old -- perhaps 60 or 65.
(d) Very, very young -- maybe 2 or 3.
3. What does the old man end up using to leash the dog by the end of the story?
(a) A metal chain.
(b) A leash made of horse hair.
(c) He never gets to leash the dog again because it runs away.
(d) A leather leash.
4. What damage does the falling tree do to Soma's beloved statue?
(a) Shatters it completely.
(b) Knocks its head off.
(c) Knocks its arm off.
(d) Knocks its toe off.
5. How old is Ramu?
(a) 25 or 16.
(b) 40 or 41.
(c) 16 or 17.
(d) 8 or 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to buy Rama Rao's old house?
2. What kinds of comments does the newcomer on the train have for his fellow passengers?
3. How does Narayan describe the train when Iyer gets on it?
4. Why does the talkative man initially want the statue of Frederick Lawley?
5. What does Swami's father write a letter complaining about?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)