|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man with webbed feet swim toward Maldoror?
(a) Maldoror called him.
(b) He wanted to scare Maldoror.
(c) He wanted to warn Maldoror.
(d) He didn't see Maldoror near the shore.
2. What is on top of the mound the beetle rolls ball to?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A man-bird.
(c) A horse-man.
(d) A church.
3. Why does Maldoror consider living in a cave in Book IV, Stanza 2?
(a) In order to stop sinning.
(b) In order to write a book.
(c) In order to get in touch with nature.
(d) In order to be near humanity, but not in it.
4. In Book IV, Stanza 2, why does the narrator talk about flies?
(a) He discusses the way humans ignore flies.
(b) He discusses the way some people eat flies.
(c) He discusses ways to kill them.
(d) He discusses different types of flies.
5. Where does Maldoror watch the child's funeral from in Book V, Stanza 6?
(a) From a distance.
(b) From the bushes.
(c) From next to his mother.
(d) From next to the priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book IV, Stanza 6, where does Maldoror remember falling asleep?
2. In Book IV, Stanza 4, why does Maldoror lose the use of his limbs?
3. Why does Maldoror say he threw Falmer against a tree?
4. What does the narrator think Mervyn should do instead of walk faster?
5. What does the narrator assume about the vulture in Book V, Stanza 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the child's funeral in Book V, Stanza 6?
2. What happens when Maldoror sees the man hanging from the gallows?
3. How has the man in Book IV, Stanza 7 adapted to living at sea?
4. What happens when Maldoror first sees Mervyn?
5. What happened when Maldoror fell asleep on the cliff in Book IV, Stanza 6?
6. In Book V, Stanza 7, how does Maldoror react to the spider's nightly visits?
7. Why is Maldoror still alive in Book IV, Stanza 4?
8. How does Elsseneur try to seek revenge against Maldoror?
9. Why does Maldoror remember being angry with Falmer?
10. How does Maldoror's letter to Mervyn impact Mervyn?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)