|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of death does the narrator discuss in Book V, Stanza 3?
(a) Death from disease.
(b) Voluntary death.
(c) Unconscious death.
(d) Death from old age.
2. In Book IV, Stanza 4, what does Maldoror say did not kill him?
(a) Being stabbed.
(d) Old age.
3. Why does Maldoror think he is the only person who can see the man with webbed feet?
(a) Because the man says he is a devil.
(b) Because no one else notices him.
(c) Because the man says he is an angel.
(d) Because he often makes up characters.
4. In Book V, Stanza 1, what does the narrator say a reader must have while reading these poems?
(a) A tolerant soul.
(b) An attentive brain.
(c) A friend.
(d) An open mind.
5. In Book IV, Stanza 5, why does Maldoror say he once scalped a man?
(a) For fun.
(b) As a message to God.
(c) For revenge.
(d) As a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about the beetles balls once he rolls them up the mound?
2. In Book V, Stanza 7, what does the spider do to Maldoror every night?
3. Why is the beetle in Book V, Stanza 2 upset about someone forgetting a woman?
4. What do the two women do to the man hanging from the gallows?
5. In Book IV, Stanza 2, why does Maldoror want to live among humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book V, Stanza 2, what does the narrator realize about the vulture and the owl?
2. In Book V, Stanza 2, what does the beetle do?
3. What introduction to Book V does the narrator give?
4. Why does Maldoror always remember Falmer?
5. What does the narrator think of martyrs?
6. How does Maldoror compare himself to the man with stolen eyes in Book IV, Stanza 5?
7. What have men done to Maldoror in Book IV, Stanza 4?
8. In Book V, Stanza 3, how does the narrator describe people's relationship to death?
9. Who is Elsseneur?
10. What happened to Maldoror in Book IV, Stanza 4?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)