|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maldoror sees the ship capsize, what does he vow to do to the people who survive?
(a) Laugh at them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Follow them.
(d) Turn them evil.
2. What does Maldoror say he promised Holzer?
(a) To never commit murder.
(b) To never steal.
(c) To never commit suicide.
(d) To never covet a woman.
3. In Book II, Stanza 13, who does Maldoror find that he feels is just like him?
(a) An old captain.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A shark.
(d) A 16 year old.
4. In Book III, Stanza 5, who attacks the prostitute?
(b) A chicken.
(c) A demon.
(d) A snake.
5. Why does Maldoror strangle the child in Book I, Stanza 11?
(a) Because Maldoror is bored.
(b) Because the boy threatens to tell on Maldoror.
(c) Because the mother asks him to.
(d) Because the boy won't accept sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book III, Stanza 5, what greets Maldoror at the door of the brothel?
2. In Book II, Stanza 11, what does Maldoror do when the angel appears?
3. What happens to the boy in Book II, Stanza 6, after Maldoror talks with him about heaven?
4. In Book III, Stanza 1, who does the fisherman think Maldoror and Mario are?
5. In Book III, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror turn into to fight the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maldoror feel about the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
2. What happens to God when He passes out drunk on earth?
3. In Book III, Stanza 3, what does Tremdall witness?
4. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say about praying as a child?
5. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror suggest people do to children?
6. At the end of Book II, what does the narrator say his poem might cause?
7. What does Maldoror do after watching the family eat dinner in Book I, Stanza 11?
8. What does the child chasing the horse-drawn bus make Maldoror think of?
9. In Book III, Stanza 5, how does God describe His experience in the brothel?
10. Why does Maldoror praise mathematics in Book II, Stanza 10?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)