|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maldoror say he promised Holzer?
(a) To never steal.
(b) To never covet a woman.
(c) To never commit murder.
(d) To never commit suicide.
2. In Book I, Stanza 8, to what animal does Maldoror liken himself?
3. In Book I, Stanza 10, who does Maldoror think will not surround him at the time of his death?
4. What does the toad say Maldoror should do if he is so smart?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Travel to Europe.
(d) Leave earth.
5. When God passes out on earth, who gives him a coin when he wakes up?
(a) A woman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maldoror say mathematics has done for him?
2. What does the narrator say to do at the end of Book I, Stanza 1?
3. At the end of Book III, what does Maldoror throw away?
4. Why does the toad say he hates Maldoror?
5. What does Maldoror beg the toad for in Book I, Stanza 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator warn the reader about before Maldoror's story begins?
2. Why does Maldoror praise mathematics in Book II, Stanza 10?
3. What does Maldoror do after watching the family eat dinner in Book I, Stanza 11?
4. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror suggest people do to children?
5. In Book 1, Stanza 8, why does Maldoror say he is like dogs?
6. In Book III, Stanza 5, how does God describe His experience in the brothel?
7. How does Maldoror feel about the talking toad he meets in Book I, Stanza 13?
8. In Book I Stanza 5, what is the first thing Maldoror tells the reader?
9. What does Maldoror say about the ten-year old girl who used to follow him?
10. What conversation about heaven does Maldoror have with the boy on the park bench?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)