|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maldoror say he has no hope for after his death?
2. Why does Maldoror recommend taking a child to the hospital in Book I, Chapter 6?
(a) So society will applaud.
(b) So professionals can deal with them.
(c) In order to do the right thing.
(d) Because it's easier than doing it yourself.
3. What does Maldoror say happens to people who keep insects as pets?
(a) It smells bad.
(b) It wastes their money.
(c) It holds them back.
(d) It sends the wrong message to women.
4. In Book II, Stanza 11, what does Maldoror do when the angel appears?
(a) He licks the angel's face.
(b) He smacks the angel.
(c) He throws a rock at the angel.
(d) He throws a lamp at the angel.
5. In Book I, Stanza 5, what does Maldoror say differs among men?
(a) Feelings of love.
6. What happens to the victims of the capsized ship in Book II, Stanza 13?
(a) Maldoror swims after them.
(b) The ocean turns black with hate.
(c) Waves sweep them away.
(d) Sharks attack them.
7. Why does Maldoror say he believes God has a right to eat men?
(a) Because He is all powerful.
(b) Because men taste good.
(c) Because He is their creator.
(d) Because men are evil.
8. When God passes out on earth, who gives him a coin when he wakes up?
(a) A woman.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A fool.
(d) A priest.
9. In Book II, Stanza 2, how does the narrator describe God's treatment?
10. In Book II, Stanza 13, how does Maldoror know the man he meets is good?
(a) Flowers sprout up around him.
(b) The sun always shines on him.
(c) People smile when they see him.
(d) Birds sing around him.
11. In Book I, Stanza 8, to what animal does Maldoror liken himself?
12. In Book I, Stanza 6, what does Maldoror say has the sweetest taste?
(a) The freshest fruit.
(b) The blood of enemies.
(c) The tears of innocents.
(d) The love of a woman.
13. When God passes out on earth, how do the animals react?
(a) They curse him.
(b) The ignore him.
(c) They kick him.
(d) They bow down to him.
14. In Book II, Stanza 3, what does Maldoror want God to reveal?
(a) Human kindness.
(c) A new savior.
(d) The mysteries of existence.
15. In Book II, Stanza 12, what does Maldoror say he realized about praying as a child?
(a) He couldn't remember them.
(b) He was only following orders.
(c) It could be of no use.
(d) It was just a way to stay calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the street-child chases after the horse-drawn bus?
2. Why does the toad say he hates Maldoror?
3. In Book III, Stanza 3, what animal head does the dragon Tremdall sees have?
4. What does God threaten Maldoror with in Book III, Stanza 5?
5. What does the grave-digger say happens every night at the cemetery?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)