|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
2. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
3. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
4. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
5. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Haley was also an African American whose family suffered slavery and racism. Adhering to the rule that writers should always write about what they know, do you think it is obvious that Haley knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Haley does not portray a person or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the advantages of legalizing drugs? What are the disadvantages? Are drugs a problem in other countries? Why do some countries cope with the drug problem better than others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Malcolm X uses the autobiography to market his image rather than his ideas." Use two examples from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)