|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
2. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
3. To shich country's racism does Malcolm compare America?
4. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
5. Who writes the final chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at Spike Lee's adaptation of the book. Is it how the students would visualize the book? Do the students think the film is objective? What new meaning do the students think that Denzel Washington and Spike Lee bring to the work? How different do the students think the film would be if it were directed by a white director or starred, for example, Samuel Lee Jackson?
Essay Topic 2
At one point the book uses Boston as a setting.
1) What meaning does Boston bring to the book? What would you automatically link with someone who grew up in Boston?
2) How different do you think today's Boston is to the Boston in the book? How do you think the book's meaning would change if it were set in today's Boston?
3) How do you think the setting contributes to the book's humor?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the slaves have their names changed upon arriving in America? What effect did it have on their families' identities?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)