Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
2. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
3. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
4. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way both Malcolm and Alex Haley use the other people in the story to express Malcolm's ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your argument, examine the following statement: "The Civil Rights movement had more of a lasting influence than the Nation of Islam."
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)