|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
2. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
3. What does this final chapter outline?
4. In what year does this final chapter take place?
5. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Islam? How are its teachings different from Christianity? Why did Malcolm identify so much with Islam? Why do the teachings of Islam and the teachings of Christianity seem to clash? Is it just to do with religion?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the Nation of Islam in the Sixties. What were people's views on the Nation of Islam? Was there any Nation of Islam literature?How was Nation of Islam presented in popular culture? Has this representation affected the way people think about the Nation of Islam today?
Essay Topic 3
At one point the book uses Boston as a setting.
1) What meaning does Boston bring to the book? What would you automatically link with someone who grew up in Boston?
2) How different do you think today's Boston is to the Boston in the book? How do you think the book's meaning would change if it were set in today's Boston?
3) How do you think the setting contributes to the book's humor?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)