|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
2. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
3. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
4. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
5. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1960s.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your argument, examine the following statement: "The Civil Rights movement had more of a lasting influence than the Nation of Islam."
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)