|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this final chapter take place?
2. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
3. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
4. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1960s.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 2
Haley was also an African American whose family suffered slavery and racism. Adhering to the rule that writers should always write about what they know, do you think it is obvious that Haley knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Haley does not portray a person or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine racism in America. How has it changed? How much do the students think Malcolm X was responsible for this change? Do you think racism still exists? How can we rid the world of racism? How long would it take?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)