|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
2. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
3. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
4. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Sixties and Fifties Harlem different from Harlem today? Why did Harlem become such a hotbed of political activism and a haven for musicians? Was it the same in any other black ghetto areas in other states or is Harlem unique? Do they think the political activism is a direct influence of living in such international city as New York?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think are the problems with the way Malcolm represents Muhammad in the book? What do you think Muhammad would say about Malcolm? Does this subjectivity highlight the problem with reliability of autobiographies?
Essay Topic 3
What is Islam? How are its teachings different from Christianity? Why did Malcolm identify so much with Islam? Why do the teachings of Islam and the teachings of Christianity seem to clash? Is it just to do with religion?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)