|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
2. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
3. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
4. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
5. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1960s.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 2
How much do you think Malcolm X changed positive representations of African American culture? Is Malcolm's influence still felt today? Are there books, music or even celebrities that derive from Malcolm X's beliefs? What positive impact have Malcolm X's ideas had on society? Do you think Malcolm's ideas have had any negative impacts upon society?
Essay Topic 3
What are the advantages of legalizing drugs? What are the disadvantages? Are drugs a problem in other countries? Why do some countries cope with the drug problem better than others?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)