Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
2. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
3. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
4. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 2
Look at black masculinity. Does the oppression of Malcolm's black male identity contribute to his criminal activities? In what ways can the expression of masculine identity be a positive thing and in what ways can it be negative? What do you think it means to be black and male today?
Essay Topic 3
What are the advantages of legalizing drugs? What are the disadvantages? Are drugs a problem in other countries? Why do some countries cope with the drug problem better than others?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)