Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
2. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
3. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
4. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
Essay Topic 1
At one point the book uses Boston as a setting.
1) What meaning does Boston bring to the book? What would you automatically link with someone who grew up in Boston?
2) How different do you think today's Boston is to the Boston in the book? How do you think the book's meaning would change if it were set in today's Boston?
3) How do you think the setting contributes to the book's humor?
Essay Topic 2
Examine racism in America. How has it changed? How much do the students think Malcolm X was responsible for this change? Do you think racism still exists? How can we rid the world of racism? How long would it take?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why do you think they cannot sort out their differences?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)