|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
2. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
3. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
4. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
5. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
Essay Topic 1
At one point the book uses Boston as a setting.
1) What meaning does Boston bring to the book? What would you automatically link with someone who grew up in Boston?
2) How different do you think today's Boston is to the Boston in the book? How do you think the book's meaning would change if it were set in today's Boston?
3) How do you think the setting contributes to the book's humor?
Essay Topic 2
What are the advantages of legalizing drugs? What are the disadvantages? Are drugs a problem in other countries? Why do some countries cope with the drug problem better than others?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are the problems with the way Malcolm represents Muhammad in the book? What do you think Muhammad would say about Malcolm? Does this subjectivity highlight the problem with reliability of autobiographies?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)