|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
2. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
3. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
4. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1960s.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 3
Examine racism in America. How has it changed? How much do the students think Malcolm X was responsible for this change? Do you think racism still exists? How can we rid the world of racism? How long would it take?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)