|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sophia and her sister pretend to be to get tours?
2. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
3. Who does Laura lie to in order to make the date with Malcolm?
4. What does Malcolm know will happen if he continues in illegal activity?
5. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What doe Malcolm learn about whites in Chapter 17?
2. Describe Malcolm's parents.
3. How did Malcolm deal with the trouble he has with Archie?
4. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
5. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
6. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
7. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
8. In what way did Malcolm's prison education mold his later ideas?
9. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
10. What does Malcolm do when detectives began trailing him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much do you think Malcolm X changed positive representations of African American culture? Is Malcolm's influence still felt today? Are there books, music or even celebrities that derive from Malcolm X's beliefs? What positive impact have Malcolm X's ideas had on society? Do you think Malcolm's ideas have had any negative impacts upon society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1960s.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Malcolm X uses the autobiography to market his image rather than his ideas." Use two examples from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)