|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of this chapter?
2. What kind of drug is Malcolm on when he goes over to talk to Sophia in the bar?
3. Who were the first people to settle in Harlem?
4. In what sport does Malcolm excel at school?
5. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
2. How does Malcolm feel about the way he treats Laura in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Malcolm's press conference in Chapter 18.
4. What are Malcolm's arguments in terms of racism?
5. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
6. How did Malcolm feel the press are trying to divide the black community?
7. In what way is Malcolm disillusioned with life in Chapter 8?
8. Summarize Chapter 6.
9. What does Malcolm learn about skin color from a young age?
10. How are Malcolm and his gang able to get into the houses to rob them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 2
Examine racism in America. How has it changed? How much do the students think Malcolm X was responsible for this change? Do you think racism still exists? How can we rid the world of racism? How long would it take?
Essay Topic 3
What is Islam? How are its teachings different from Christianity? Why did Malcolm identify so much with Islam? Why do the teachings of Islam and the teachings of Christianity seem to clash? Is it just to do with religion?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)