Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Malcolm bribe the guards?
2. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
3. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
4. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
5. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm state are the differences in the concept of love between Western religions and Islam?
2. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
3. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
4. Why do you think Malcolm is so shocked at the Nation's action against him?
5. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
6. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
7. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
8. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
9. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
10. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
Essay Topic 1
What are the advantages of legalizing drugs? What are the disadvantages? Are drugs a problem in other countries? Why do some countries cope with the drug problem better than others?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the differences between Islam and Christianity. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both religions? How much do people in America know about the Islamic religion compared to Christianity? Do the students think that we need to understand other religions before we criticize them? Has this been a problem in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss with the students first person point of view. Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the book do the students think are not so reliable and why? With the students, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the first person.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)