|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Malcolm see Sophia and her sister in a bar?
(a) A policeman
(b) Sophia's husband
(c) A Mafia boss
(d) A friend of Sophia's husband
2. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(b) The rabbi
(d) Their mother
3. What does Malcolm say Bimbi uses to command respect?
(c) His past
4. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 12 miles
(b) 15 miles
(c) 20 miles
(d) 2 miles
5. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
(a) A new vocabulary
(b) The power of jazz
(c) Self respect
(d) The power of money
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
2. What color hair does Sophia have?
3. What does Malcolm learn how to detect in this chapter?
4. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
5. Who does Malcolm say Sophia has now married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Chapter 6.
2. In what way does Malcolm go about helping to change the Nation of Islam in Chapter 12?
3. What happens when Archie and Malcolm finally encounter each other?
4. Describe Laura.
5. Describe Malcolm's parents.
6. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
7. Describe West Indian Archie.
8. Why does Malcolm regret trying to change his hair into a conk style?
9. What does Malcolm learn about skin color from a young age?
10. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)