|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
(a) Its white population
(b) Its nightlife
(c) Its women
(d) Its beauty
2. What does Malcolm take to stop feeling nervous whilse robbing people's houses?
(a) Lauging gas
(b) Beta blockers
3. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
(d) Saudi Arabia
4. What area of the city does Malcolm claim he prefers?
(a) The suburbs
(b) The Ghetto
(c) The center
(d) The Jewish Quarter
5. What is Malcolm's hairstyle called?
(a) An afro
(b) A crackerjack
(c) A conk
(d) A straight back and sides
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
2. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
3. What kind of job does Malcolm get in Harlem?
4. Who is Malcolm approached by at the dance?
5. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
2. In what way does Malcolm appreciate his difficult upbringing?
3. Why does Malcolm think hustling is preferable to a normal, straight life?
4. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
5. What does Malcolm find African American life like in Chapter 2?
6. Describe Harlem while Malcolm is living there.
7. How do the whites react to Malcolm having a relationship with a white woman?
8. How did Malcolm feel the press are trying to divide the black community?
9. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
10. Why doe Malcolm initially think that it is a good idea to give up cigarettes in prison?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)