|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm have to do for the madam?
(a) Clean the rooms
(b) Take white men into Harlem
(c) Deal drugs to the customers
(d) Stand by the door
2. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
(a) The West Indies
3. What kind of job does Malcolm get in Harlem?
(a) A lawyer's assistant
(b) A shoe shiner
(c) A waiter
(d) A sales assistant
4. Which musician does Malcolm see in this chapter?
(a) Louis Armstrong
(b) Billie Holliday
(c) James Brown
(d) Miles Davis
5. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
(a) A small gang
(b) A drug ring
(c) A band
(d) A religious group
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sammy contact in this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
3. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
4. Which area of New York does Malcolm discover during his train rides?
5. What do Sophia and her sister pretend to be to get tours?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malcolm decide to take a course in English?
2. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
3. Summarize Chapter 7
4. Why is Malcolm appreciative of the two incidents in this chapter- the trip to Boston and the teacher's unfair treatment of him?
5. Why is Malcolm disappointed in the media's coverage of the Nation of Islam?
6. Briefly describe the history of Harlem outlined in this chapter.
7. What are Malcolm's arguments in terms of racism?
8. How does Malcolm react to the idea he could be assassinated?
9. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
10. What does Malcolm learn about skin color during his pilgrimage?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)