|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
(b) Eat dinner
(d) Ice skate
2. With whom does Malcolm see Sophia and her sister in a bar?
(a) A policeman
(b) A friend of Sophia's husband
(c) A Mafia boss
(d) Sophia's husband
3. What nickname is Malcolm given in prison?
4. What does Malcolm see in his sister for the first time?
(a) A proud black woman
(d) A rich person
5. What does Malcolm know will happen if he continues in illegal activity?
(a) He would be rich
(b) He would go straight
(c) He would be killed
(d) He would feared
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm take to a jeweler to be repaired?
3. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
4. In what state does Malcolm's family settle?
5. What is the title of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
2. What do Malcolm's early life experiences teach him?
3. Describe what Malcolm calls the turning point in his life.
4. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
5. In what way does Malcolm go about helping to change the Nation of Islam in Chapter 12?
6. Why is it difficult for Haley to be a dispassionate chronicler of Malcolm's life?
7. How does Malcolm feel about the way he treats Laura in Chapter 3?
8. What doe Malcolm learn about whites in Chapter 17?
9. In what way did Malcolm's prison education mold his later ideas?
10. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)