|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
2. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
(a) He shaves it off
(b) He perms it
(c) He straightens it
(d) He puts it into dreadlocks
3. What later happens to Hymie?
(a) He is deported
(b) He goes bankrupt
(c) He is murdered
(d) He iss arrested
4. What role does Malcolm hold at school?
(a) Class clown
(b) Head pupil
(c) School mascot
(d) Class president
5. Who else was Malcolm working for in this chapter?
(a) A local hoodlum
(b) His sister
(c) A local madam
(d) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. With which character does Malcolm commit burglaries?
2. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
3. What job did Rudy used to have?
4. What nickname is Malcolm given in prison?
5. Who does Malcolm say he continues to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
2. Why is it difficult for Haley to be a dispassionate chronicler of Malcolm's life?
3. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
4. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
5. Summarize Chapter 6.
6. How does Malcolm feel about the way he treats Laura in Chapter 3?
7. What does Malcolm learn about skin color from a young age?
8. What does Malcolm learn when he moves to Boston?
9. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
10. Briefly describe the history of Harlem outlined in this chapter.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)