|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
(b) Ice skate
(c) Eat dinner
2. What is the title of this first chapter?
3. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
(a) Free marijuana
(b) His old train pass
(c) A gun
(d) His charisma
4. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
(b) Three times
(c) Four times
5. What do Sophia and her sister pretend to be to get tours?
(a) Government officials
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella encourage Malcolm to do before he gets a job?
2. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
3. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
4. What job did Rudy used to have?
5. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malcolm change his surname from Small to X?
2. What does Malcolm find African American life like in Chapter 2?
3. In what way does Malcolm go about helping to change the Nation of Islam in Chapter 12?
4. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
5. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
6. How does Malcolm's trip to Boston change him?
7. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
8. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
9. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
10. Describe Malcolm's parents.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)