|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Three weeks
(c) Two months
(d) A month
2. What is the title of this first chapter?
3. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
(a) Its white population
(b) Its nightlife
(c) Its women
(d) Its beauty
4. What does Malcolm take to stop feeling nervous whilse robbing people's houses?
(a) Lauging gas
(b) Beta blockers
5. What game does Malcolm play in Harlem?
(b) The numbers game
(d) Black jack
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
2. What job does Shorty find for Malcolm?
3. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
4. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
5. What kind of drug is Malcolm on when he goes over to talk to Sophia in the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. In ways does Malcom learn that thing are not always as they appear?
2. Why does Malcolm decide to take a course in English?
3. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
4. Describe West Indian Archie.
5. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
6. Describe Laura.
7. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
8. How did Malcolm deal with the trouble he has with Archie?
9. What does Malcolm learn when he moves to Boston?
10. In what way does Malcolm go about helping to change the Nation of Islam in Chapter 12?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)