|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
(a) Small Paradise
(b) Lost Paradise
(d) The Clown and Bard
2. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
3. What area of the city does Malcolm claim he prefers?
(a) The center
(b) The Jewish Quarter
(c) The Ghetto
(d) The suburbs
4. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
(c) The West Indies
5. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
(a) Fourth grade
(b) Seventh grade
(c) Third grade
(d) Eighth grade
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
2. Who were the first people to settle in Harlem?
3. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
4. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
5. Who approaches Malcolm while he is watching Billie Holliday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe this final chapter.
2. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
3. What does Malcolm learn when he moves to Boston?
4. What does Malcolm find African American life like in Chapter 2?
5. Summarize Chapter 7
6. What doe Malcolm learn about whites in Chapter 17?
7. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
8. What does Malcolm learn about skin color from a young age?
9. Why do you think Malcolm is so shocked at the Nation's action against him?
10. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)