|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the West Indian introduced in this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm notice about the white men he escorts into Harlem?
(a) They are ugly
(b) They are poor
(c) They are always high
(d) They are influential members of society
3. Who does Sammy contact in this chapter?
4. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
(a) Toilet paper
5. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
(a) His grandparents
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) The Swerlings
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he keeps his ears to when Archie is after him?
2. What does Malcolm take to a jeweler to be repaired?
3. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
4. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
5. Whose friends stop Malcolm and Archie from killing each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the history of Harlem outlined in this chapter.
2. What does Malcolm find African American life like in Chapter 2?
3. Describe Malcolm's press conference in Chapter 18.
4. How does Malcolm avoid the draft?
5. What is the main thing Malcolm says he gets out of dating a white woman?
6. Describe West Indian Archie.
7. Describe Malcolm's visit home in Chapter 5.
8. Why does Malcolm think hustling is preferable to a normal, straight life?
9. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
10. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)