|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Malcolm bribe the guards?
(a) Reefers and cigarettes
(b) Beer and pornography
(c) Whiskey and cigarettes
(d) Comics and coffee
2. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
3. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
(d) Beverages and snacks
4. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
(a) A soda fountain
(b) A race track
(c) A casino
(d) A clothes store
5. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
(a) Insurance money
(b) A job
(c) A loan
(d) A nanny
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
2. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
3. Who approaches Malcolm while he is watching Billie Holliday?
4. Where is Malcolm taken back to in this chapter?
5. How is Malcolm's father killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm state are the differences in the concept of love between Western religions and Islam?
2. Why is Malcolm given the nickname Satan?
3. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
4. Why do you think Malcolm is so shocked at the Nation's action against him?
5. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
6. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
7. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
8. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
9. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
10. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)