|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
(d) Saudi Arabia
2. Which Boston friend continues to visit Malcolm in New York?
3. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
(a) He shaves it off
(b) He straightens it
(c) He perms it
(d) He puts it into dreadlocks
4. What do Malcolm and Hymie talk about?
(a) The oppression of Jews and blacks
(d) Marrying Hymie's daughter
5. What later happens to Hymie?
(a) He is deported
(b) He iss arrested
(c) He goes bankrupt
(d) He is murdered
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Malcolm's sister?
2. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
3. What does Malcolm have to use for a toilet in his cell?
4. Which musician does Malcolm see in this chapter?
5. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
2. Briefly describe the history of Harlem outlined in this chapter.
3. Why is the nation of Islam so important to people like Malcolm?
4. Describe this final chapter.
5. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
6. Describe Laura.
7. In ways does Malcom learn that thing are not always as they appear?
8. How does Malcolm avoid the draft?
9. Describe Malcolm's parents.
10. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)