|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
(a) His old train pass
(b) Free marijuana
(c) A gun
(d) His charisma
2. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
3. What does Malcolm say he keeps his ears to when Archie is after him?
(a) The grapevine
(b) The frontdoor
(c) The window
(d) The telephone
4. What does Malcolm's gang do?
(a) Rob houses
(b) Beat up white folk
(c) Sell drugs
(d) Protect their neighborhood
5. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
(b) Beverages and snacks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
2. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
3. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
4. Where does Malcolm hide when Sophia's friend comes into the house?
5. What does Malcolm carry to protect himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Malcolm's early life experiences teach him?
2. Summarize Chapter 6.
3. What does Malcolm learn about skin color from a young age?
4. Describe West Indian Archie.
5. Describe Laura.
6. Describe Malcolm's visit home in Chapter 5.
7. In what way does Harlem educate Malcolm in the inequalities facing black Americans?
8. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
9. Why does Malcolm change his surname from Small to X?
10. In ways does Malcom learn that thing are not always as they appear?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)