|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
(a) His mother
(b) The Swerlings
(c) His sister
(d) His grandparents
2. What is the name of Malcolm's favorite dance?
(a) The Waltz
(b) Free Dancing
(c) Lindy Hopping
(d) Birdy Hopping
3. What is the title of this chapter?
(a) New York Blues
(b) Jazz and All That
(c) Detroit Red
4. What later happens to Hymie?
(a) He is murdered
(b) He is deported
(c) He iss arrested
(d) He goes bankrupt
5. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
(c) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm take to stop feeling nervous whilse robbing people's houses?
2. Who does Malcolm say Sophia has now married?
3. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
4. How long does Malcolm's mother spend in a mental institution?
5. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malcolm regret trying to change his hair into a conk style?
2. Describe what Malcolm calls the turning point in his life.
3. Describe Malcolm's press conference in Chapter 18.
4. In ways does Malcom learn that thing are not always as they appear?
5. How does Malcolm avoid the draft?
6. In what way is Malcolm a good student?
7. Why does Malcolm think hustling is preferable to a normal, straight life?
8. What happens when Archie and Malcolm finally encounter each other?
9. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
10. Describe this final chapter.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)