|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of this chapter?
(a) New York Blues
(c) Jazz and All That
(d) Detroit Red
2. Who does Malcolm say Sophia has now married?
(a) A preacher
(b) Her cousin
(c) A wealthy white man
(d) A black activist
3. Why do people think Malcolm is much older than he is?
(a) He is intelligent
(b) He is street wise
(c) He is always with women
(d) He is tall
4. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
(a) He shouts out curses to God
(b) He kills a warden
(c) He tel the warden he is the devil
(d) He tells everyone he is a mass murderer
5. What is the name of Malcolm's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
2. What does Malcolm learn how to detect in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
4. Which Boston friend continues to visit Malcolm in New York?
5. Where does Ella find Malcolm a job at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm do when detectives began trailing him?
2. Summarize Chapter 7
3. In ways does Malcom learn that thing are not always as they appear?
4. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
5. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
6. How does Malcolm deal with the rumors that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activity?
7. In what way does Malcolm appreciate his difficult upbringing?
8. Describe Malcolm's press conference in Chapter 18.
9. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
10. How are Malcolm and his gang able to get into the houses to rob them?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)