|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
(a) Martin Luther
(b) John Wycliffe
(c) Marcus Garvey
2. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
(a) Puts her on a train.
(b) Locks her in car
(c) Locks her in the toilets
(d) Takes her home
3. What does Malcolm's gang do?
(a) Protect their neighborhood
(b) Beat up white folk
(c) Rob houses
(d) Sell drugs
4. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A month
(c) Three weeks
(d) Two months
5. What job does Shorty find for Malcolm?
(a) A shoeshine attendant
(b) A cleaner
(c) A croupier
(d) A dealer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
2. In what sport does Malcolm excel at school?
3. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
4. What is the name of Malcolm's favorite dance?
5. Whose friends stop Malcolm and Archie from killing each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm do when detectives began trailing him?
2. Describe Malcolm's visit home in Chapter 5.
3. Describe West Indian Archie.
4. Why doe Malcolm initially think that it is a good idea to give up cigarettes in prison?
5. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
6. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
7. What are Malcolm's arguments in terms of racism?
8. Summarize Chapter 6.
9. How are Malcolm and his gang able to get into the houses to rob them?
10. Describe Malcolm's job with the madam?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)