|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
(a) Its women
(b) Its beauty
(c) Its nightlife
(d) Its white population
2. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
(a) He shouts out curses to God
(b) He tel the warden he is the devil
(c) He tells everyone he is a mass murderer
(d) He kills a warden
3. What used to attract white people to Harlem?
(a) The restaurants
(b) A circus show
(c) The music scene
(d) The houses
4. What does Malcolm learn how to detect in this chapter?
(b) Bad poker faces
(c) Loose women
(d) Undercover police officers
5. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) A month
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
2. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
3. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
4. What does Malcolm say Hymie is involved in?
5. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Malcolm is so shocked at the Nation's action against him?
2. Describe Malcolm's parents.
3. Summarize Chapter 6.
4. What does Malcolm learn when he moves to Boston?
5. Briefly describe the history of Harlem outlined in this chapter.
6. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
7. Why is Malcolm disappointed in the media's coverage of the Nation of Islam?
8. How does Malcolm feel about the way he treats Laura in Chapter 3?
9. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
10. Why does Malcolm change his surname from Small to X?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)