|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Malcolm given in prison?
2. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
(a) His sister
(c) His black male friends
(d) His mother
3. Who else was Malcolm working for in this chapter?
(a) His sister
(b) A local hoodlum
(c) The police
(d) A local madam
4. How many words does Malcolm claim are part of his vocabulary before he starts reading?
(a) 500 words
(b) 50 words
(c) 200 words
(d) 350 words
5. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
(a) Three times
(d) Four times
Short Answer Questions
1. Which musician does Malcolm see in this chapter?
2. What is the title of this chapter?
3. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
4. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
5. Why are Malcolm's friends impressed with his dating Sophia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm learn while he is in Africa?
2. Why is Malcolm disappointed in the media's coverage of the Nation of Islam?
3. How would Malcolm turn around his life?
4. What does Malcolm do when detectives began trailing him?
5. How does Malcolm deal with the rumors that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activity?
6. Describe what Malcolm calls the turning point in his life.
7. What does Malcolm find African American life like in Chapter 2?
8. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
9. Why is Malcolm appreciative of the two incidents in this chapter- the trip to Boston and the teacher's unfair treatment of him?
10. Describe Harlem while Malcolm is living there.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)