|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malcolm hide when Sophia's friend comes into the house?
(a) Under the bed
(b) In the bathroom
(c) In the closet
(d) In the attic
2. Why do people think Malcolm is much older than he is?
(a) He is intelligent
(b) He is street wise
(c) He is tall
(d) He is always with women
3. Who is Malcolm approached by at the dance?
(b) Miles Davis
(c) The major
(d) A policeman
4. Which Boston friend continues to visit Malcolm in New York?
5. What is Malcolm heavily into at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
2. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
3. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
4. With which character does Malcolm commit burglaries?
5. What two drugs does Malcolm discover in Harlem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malcolm avoid the draft?
2. How does Malcolm deal with the rumors that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activity?
3. In Chapter 7 how does Malcolm get deeper into illegal activity?
4. What does Malcolm learn about skin color during his pilgrimage?
5. Why doe Malcolm initially think that it is a good idea to give up cigarettes in prison?
6. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
7. What doe Malcolm learn about whites in Chapter 17?
8. Why does Malcolm change his surname from Small to X?
9. Why did prison prove to be a good thing for Malcolm?
10. What happens when Archie and Malcolm finally encounter each other?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)