|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
2. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
(b) Harlem's history
(c) African tradition
(d) Jewish history
3. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 20 miles
(b) 12 miles
(c) 15 miles
(d) 2 miles
4. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
(c) The headmaster
(d) His sister
5. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(a) Their mother
(b) The rabbi
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Malcolm X's mother while she is pregnant with him?
2. What two drugs does Malcolm discover in Harlem?
3. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
4. Who was waiting at the jeweler's?
5. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Malcolm does when he meets a white woman in Chapter 4.
2. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
3. What does Malcolm state are the differences in the concept of love between Western religions and Islam?
4. Why does Malcolm regret trying to change his hair into a conk style?
5. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
6. What is the main thing Malcolm says he gets out of dating a white woman?
7. What does Malcolm learn when he moves to Boston?
8. How did Malcolm deal with the trouble he has with Archie?
9. What does Alex Haley write in this chapter,written after Malcolm's death?
10. How does Malcolm avoid the draft?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)