|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
(a) He tel the warden he is the devil
(b) He shouts out curses to God
(c) He kills a warden
(d) He tells everyone he is a mass murderer
2. Why are Malcolm's friends impressed with his dating Sophia?
(a) She is a celebrity
(b) She has money
(c) She is a beautiful white woman
(d) She is the daughter of a Klan member
3. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
(a) John Wycliffe
(b) Marcus Garvey
(c) Martin Luther
4. What does Ella encourage Malcolm to do before he gets a job?
(a) Explore the city
(b) Get an education
(c) Learn about religion
(d) Learn an instrument
5. Which area of New York does Malcolm discover during his train rides?
(a) The Bronx
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Malcolm X's mother while she is pregnant with him?
2. Who does Sammy contact in this chapter?
3. What does Sophia's friend do later that night?
4. What color hair does Sophia have?
5. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Malcolm's press conference in Chapter 18.
2. What do Malcolm's early life experiences teach him?
3. What does Malcolm do when detectives began trailing him?
4. Describe West Indian Archie.
5. What does Malcolm state are the differences in the concept of love between Western religions and Islam?
6. Describe Malcolm's reunion with Archie.
7. What doe Malcolm learn about whites in Chapter 17?
8. How does Malcolm get started on narcotics?
9. How did Malcolm deal with the trouble he has with Archie?
10. Describe how Malcolm begins to make a name for himself.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)