|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
2. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a drug addict
(b) He becomes a Christian
(c) He becomes a wanderer
(d) He goes insane
3. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
(a) Going back to Africa
(c) Civil war
4. How does Sammy die?
(b) Heart disease
(c) A drug overdose
(d) Old age
5. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
(a) Their whiteness
(b) Their humor
(c) Their ego
(d) The devil
6. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
(a) President Kennedy
(c) Elijah Muhammad
(d) His mother
7. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) American brothers
(b) Afro Americans
(c) White devils
(d) Black Americans
8. To what does Malcolm dedicate each day?
(a) His friends
(b) His autobiography
(c) His work
(d) His family
9. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) They need a spiritually strong leader
(b) He now must tell the police
(c) It involves his wife
(d) Malcolm could not join in
10. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
11. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(c) New York
12. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
13. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) A reefer
(b) The Koran
(c) The Bible
(d) All of his money
14. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) An apartment he robbed
(b) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(c) A pile of used syringes
(d) His old car
15. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Sleeping with white women
(b) Taking drugs
(c) Purposely creating friction within the organization
(d) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
2. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
3. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
4. Who writes the final chapter?
5. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)