|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(a) South America
2. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
(a) A sex scandal
(b) Film roles
(c) The presidency
3. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) Malcolm's vision
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) The characters in the book
(d) Malcolm's retirement plans
4. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Richard Wright
(c) Alex Haley
(d) Jesse Jackson
5. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A passionate chronicler
(b) An observer of his life
(c) A dispassionate chronicler
6. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
7. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Reforming criminals and drug users
(b) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(c) Making the white people look at themselves
(d) Getting attention for the poor black community
8. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
(b) Going back to Africa
(c) Civil war
9. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(b) The Nation of Islam
(d) Malcolm's upbringing
10. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
11. How many hours of taped recordings does Haley have of interviews between himself and Malcolm?
(a) 80 hours
(b) 50 hours
(c) Thousands of hours
(d) Hundred of hours
12. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) Malcolm could not join in
(b) It involves his wife
(c) He now must tell the police
(d) They need a spiritually strong leader
13. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
(a) His Italian suit
(b) His glasses
(c) His false teeth
(d) His red tie
14. In what year does this chapter open?
15. To what does Malcolm dedicate each day?
(a) His friends
(b) His work
(c) His autobiography
(d) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
2. In what year does this final chapter take place?
3. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
4. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
5. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)