|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Sleeping with white women
(b) Purposely creating friction within the organization
(c) Taking drugs
(d) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
2. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(a) Elijah Muhammed
(c) His mother
3. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
4. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) All of his money
(b) The Koran
(c) The Bible
(d) A reefer
5. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(b) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) They need to strive for their own identity
6. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
(a) Elijah Muhammad
(b) President Kennedy
(d) His mother
7. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
8. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(a) An Asian man
(c) A white man
9. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) Black Americans
(b) White devils
(c) American brothers
(d) Afro Americans
10. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A passionate chronicler
(b) An observer of his life
(c) A dispassionate chronicler
11. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
(a) That he will be assassinated
(b) That he will divorce
(c) That he will become president
(d) That the white man will become slave
12. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
13. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
14. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) He is hated everywhere
(b) He is accepted as a muslim
(c) No one follows him from America
(d) He known throughout the world
15. What is the name of Elijah's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
2. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
3. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
4. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
5. What do the whites call Malcolm?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)