|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
(a) Organization of World Unity
(b) Nation of Humans
(c) Society for Afro Americans
(d) Organization of African Unity
2. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
(a) His Italian suit
(b) His glasses
(c) His red tie
(d) His false teeth
3. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Taking drugs
(b) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
(c) Sleeping with white women
(d) Purposely creating friction within the organization
4. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
5. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Richard Wright
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Jesse Jackson
6. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) Malcolm could not join in
(b) It involves his wife
(c) He now must tell the police
(d) They need a spiritually strong leader
7. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) Verbal Anger
(b) Muhammad Speaks
(c) United Black Nations
(d) The Islam Times
8. In what year does this final chapter take place?
9. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) A noble personality
(b) A stubborn personality
(c) An angry personality
(d) An electric personality
10. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(d) New York
11. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
12. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
13. How many hours of taped recordings does Haley have of interviews between himself and Malcolm?
(a) 80 hours
(b) Hundred of hours
(c) 50 hours
(d) Thousands of hours
14. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
15. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
(a) The Civil Rights movement
(b) The Free Sudan Organization
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) Afro American feminist movement
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
2. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
3. What do the whites call Malcolm?
4. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
5. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)