|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
(a) Malcolm is more charismatic
(b) He falls ill
(c) His son dies
(d) He is too busy
2. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
(a) White women
(b) A white, bearded nothing
(c) A blonde, blue-eyed man
(d) A white man getting fat on a black man's work
3. How many hours of taped recordings does Haley have of interviews between himself and Malcolm?
(a) 80 hours
(b) 50 hours
(c) Hundred of hours
(d) Thousands of hours
4. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(a) A white man
(b) An Asian man
5. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(b) Getting attention for the poor black community
(c) Making the white people look at themselves
(d) Reforming criminals and drug users
6. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
7. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Richard Wright
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Martin Luther King
8. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) James Baldwin
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Alex Hayley
9. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
(c) Going back to Africa
(d) Civil war
10. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) The Islam Times
(b) United Black Nations
(c) Muhammad Speaks
(d) Verbal Anger
11. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) He known throughout the world
(b) He is hated everywhere
(c) No one follows him from America
(d) He is accepted as a muslim
12. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
13. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
14. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(d) South America
15. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A dispassionate chronicler
(b) An observer of his life
(d) A passionate chronicler
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
2. To shich country's racism does Malcolm compare America?
3. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
5. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)