|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
(a) A white man getting fat on a black man's work
(b) A blonde, blue-eyed man
(c) White women
(d) A white, bearded nothing
2. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
(a) That the white man will become slave
(b) That he will be assassinated
(c) That he will divorce
(d) That he will become president
3. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) The angry black man
(b) The Messiah
(d) A communist
4. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) A reefer
(b) All of his money
(c) The Bible
(d) The Koran
5. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
6. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
(a) Saudi Arabia
(c) The American government
(d) African countries
7. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) Malcolm's vision
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) The characters in the book
(d) Malcolm's retirement plans
8. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
9. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
(a) Malcolm is more charismatic
(b) His son dies
(c) He falls ill
(d) He is too busy
10. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
11. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
(a) It is full of whites
(b) It is modern
(c) There are Christians
(d) It is poor
12. What is the name of Elijah's son?
13. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) Verbal Anger
(b) Muhammad Speaks
(c) The Islam Times
(d) United Black Nations
14. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Reforming criminals and drug users
(b) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(c) Making the white people look at themselves
(d) Getting attention for the poor black community
15. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
(a) The American government
(b) Muslim leaders
(d) Black liberals
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
2. How does Sammy die?
3. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
4. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
5. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)