|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With how many secretaries does Malcolm find that Muhammad has been sexually involved?
2. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
3. How does Sammy die?
(a) Heart disease
(b) Old age
(c) A drug overdose
4. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
5. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Mr. Shawarbi
(c) Abdul Kayum
(d) Adbar Rhman
6. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) They need a spiritually strong leader
(b) Malcolm could not join in
(c) He now must tell the police
(d) It involves his wife
7. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
8. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) An electric personality
(b) A stubborn personality
(c) A noble personality
(d) An angry personality
9. What is the name of Elijah's son?
10. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Taking drugs
(b) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
(c) Purposely creating friction within the organization
(d) Sleeping with white women
11. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Getting attention for the poor black community
(b) Reforming criminals and drug users
(c) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(d) Making the white people look at themselves
12. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(b) An Asian man
(d) A white man
13. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
(a) The Literary Review
(b) Mohammed Speaks
(c) The Paris Review
14. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
(a) Their ego
(b) Their humor
(c) Their whiteness
(d) The devil
15. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Richard Wright
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
2. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
3. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
4. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
5. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)