|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
(a) The nation of Islam
(b) The difficulties in writing an autobiography
(c) The entire book
(d) Events surrounding Malcolm's death
2. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) His old car
(b) A pile of used syringes
(c) An apartment he robbed
(d) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
3. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(b) Reforming criminals and drug users
(c) Making the white people look at themselves
(d) Getting attention for the poor black community
4. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
5. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(c) A white man
(d) An Asian man
6. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
7. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
(a) African countries
(c) The American government
(d) Saudi Arabia
8. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(a) Malcolm's upbringing
(c) The Nation of Islam
9. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
(a) Their treatment of women
(b) Their hypocrisy
(c) Their treatment of whites
(d) The recruiting process
10. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(b) The Messiah
(c) A communist
(d) The angry black man
11. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Purposely creating friction within the organization
(b) Sleeping with white women
(c) Taking drugs
(d) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
12. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
(b) His father
(c) The true leader of the black people
(d) His future son
13. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He goes insane
(b) He becomes a Christian
(c) He becomes a wanderer
(d) He becomes a drug addict
14. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
15. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They need to strive for their own identity
(b) Islam is the black religion
(c) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(d) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
2. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
3. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
4. To shich country's racism does Malcolm compare America?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)