|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) Elmore Leonard
(b) Alex Haley
(c) James Baldwin
(d) Richard Wright
2. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
(a) Their treatment of women
(b) Their hypocrisy
(c) The recruiting process
(d) Their treatment of whites
3. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(b) An apartment he robbed
(c) His old car
(d) A pile of used syringes
4. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
5. How does Sammy die?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Old age
(d) A drug overdose
6. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) James Baldwin
(c) Alex Hayley
(d) Jesse Jackson
7. In what year does this chapter open?
8. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
9. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
(a) Their ego
(b) Their whiteness
(c) Their humor
(d) The devil
10. To shich country's racism does Malcolm compare America?
(b) Saudi Arabia
11. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) He known throughout the world
(b) He is accepted as a muslim
(c) He is hated everywhere
(d) No one follows him from America
12. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
(a) The true leader of the black people
(b) His future son
(c) His father
13. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
(b) Black liberals
(c) The American government
(d) Muslim leaders
14. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(b) An Asian man
(c) A white man
15. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(b) His mother
(d) Elijah Muhammed
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
2. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
3. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
4. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
5. How many hours of taped recordings does Haley have of interviews between himself and Malcolm?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)