|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) An apartment he robbed
(b) His old car
(c) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(d) A pile of used syringes
2. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
(a) His mother
(c) President Kennedy
(d) Elijah Muhammad
3. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
4. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
(a) It is modern
(b) It is full of whites
(c) It is poor
(d) There are Christians
5. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(b) Islam is the black religion
(c) They need to strive for their own identity
(d) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
6. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
7. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(d) South America
8. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) Afro Americans
(b) American brothers
(c) White devils
(d) Black Americans
9. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a Christian
(b) He becomes a wanderer
(c) He becomes a drug addict
(d) He goes insane
10. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(a) New York
11. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Abdul Kayum
(b) Adbar Rhman
(c) Mr. Shawarbi
12. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) A stubborn personality
(b) An electric personality
(c) A noble personality
(d) An angry personality
13. What is the name of Elijah's son?
14. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
(a) Society for Afro Americans
(b) Nation of Humans
(c) Organization of African Unity
(d) Organization of World Unity
15. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
2. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
3. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
4. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
5. To shich country's racism does Malcolm compare America?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)