|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
2. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(b) Elijah Muhammed
(c) His mother
3. How does Sammy die?
(a) A drug overdose
(b) Heart disease
(d) Old age
4. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Richard Wright
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Alex Haley
5. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Making the white people look at themselves
(b) Getting attention for the poor black community
(c) Reforming criminals and drug users
(d) Opening communications between blacks and whites
6. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
(a) The American government
(b) Saudi Arabia
(d) African countries
7. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Adbar Rhman
(b) Mr. Shawarbi
(c) Abdul Kayum
8. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
(a) Their whiteness
(b) Their ego
(c) Their humor
(d) The devil
9. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) An observer of his life
(c) A passionate chronicler
(d) A dispassionate chronicler
10. To what does Malcolm dedicate each day?
(a) His family
(b) His work
(c) His friends
(d) His autobiography
11. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) He now must tell the police
(b) Malcolm could not join in
(c) It involves his wife
(d) They need a spiritually strong leader
12. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) The Bible
(b) A reefer
(c) The Koran
(d) All of his money
13. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) An angry personality
(b) A stubborn personality
(c) An electric personality
(d) A noble personality
14. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
15. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
2. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
3. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
4. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
5. In what year does this final chapter take place?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)