|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A dispassionate chronicler
(b) A passionate chronicler
(c) An observer of his life
2. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) Elmore Leonard
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Richard Wright
(d) James Baldwin
3. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
(a) The Civil Rights movement
(b) The Free Sudan Organization
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) Afro American feminist movement
4. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(c) South America
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a wanderer
(b) He becomes a drug addict
(c) He becomes a Christian
(d) He goes insane
6. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
(a) The recruiting process
(b) Their treatment of women
(c) Their treatment of whites
(d) Their hypocrisy
7. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They need to strive for their own identity
(b) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
8. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
(a) The devil
(b) Their ego
(c) Their humor
(d) Their whiteness
9. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) The Messiah
(b) A communist
(c) The angry black man
10. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
(b) His future son
(c) His father
(d) The true leader of the black people
11. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
12. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(b) New York
13. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) A reefer
(b) All of his money
(c) The Bible
(d) The Koran
14. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(b) An Asian man
(d) A white man
15. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
(a) The difficulties in writing an autobiography
(b) The nation of Islam
(c) Events surrounding Malcolm's death
(d) The entire book
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
2. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
3. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
4. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
5. What is the name of Elijah's son?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)