|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
(a) His son dies
(b) He is too busy
(c) Malcolm is more charismatic
(d) He falls ill
2. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) The Islam Times
(b) United Black Nations
(c) Muhammad Speaks
(d) Verbal Anger
3. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
(a) Their treatment of women
(b) Their hypocrisy
(c) The recruiting process
(d) Their treatment of whites
4. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) It involves his wife
(b) Malcolm could not join in
(c) They need a spiritually strong leader
(d) He now must tell the police
5. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They need to strive for their own identity
(b) Islam is the black religion
(c) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(d) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
6. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
7. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(b) The Nation of Islam
(d) Malcolm's upbringing
8. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(b) An apartment he robbed
(c) A pile of used syringes
(d) His old car
9. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
10. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) Afro Americans
(b) Black Americans
(c) American brothers
(d) White devils
11. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
(b) The presidency
(c) Film roles
(d) A sex scandal
12. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) The angry black man
(b) A communist
(c) The Messiah
13. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
14. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
15. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
(a) The Civil Rights movement
(b) Afro American feminist movement
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) The Free Sudan Organization
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
2. What does this final chapter outline?
3. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
4. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
5. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)