|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(a) Elijah Muhammed
(c) His mother
2. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
(a) The Literary Review
(b) The Paris Review
(d) Mohammed Speaks
3. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) The characters in the book
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) Malcolm's vision
(d) Malcolm's retirement plans
4. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Making the white people look at themselves
(b) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(c) Reforming criminals and drug users
(d) Getting attention for the poor black community
5. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
6. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(a) South America
7. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(b) A white man
(c) An Asian man
8. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(b) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) They need to strive for their own identity
9. With how many secretaries does Malcolm find that Muhammad has been sexually involved?
10. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
(a) It is modern
(b) It is full of whites
(c) There are Christians
(d) It is poor
11. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) James Baldwin
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Richard Wright
(d) Elmore Leonard
12. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) An electric personality
(b) An angry personality
(c) A stubborn personality
(d) A noble personality
13. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
14. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) His mother
(c) Elijah Muhammad
15. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) His old car
(b) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(c) An apartment he robbed
(d) A pile of used syringes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
2. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
3. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
4. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
5. Who writes the final chapter?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)