|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(b) A dispassionate chronicler
(c) A passionate chronicler
(d) An observer of his life
2. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
(a) That he will become president
(b) That he will divorce
(c) That he will be assassinated
(d) That the white man will become slave
3. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
4. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) It involves his wife
(b) He now must tell the police
(c) They need a spiritually strong leader
(d) Malcolm could not join in
5. How does Sammy die?
(a) Heart disease
(c) A drug overdose
(d) Old age
6. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
(a) Events surrounding Malcolm's death
(b) The difficulties in writing an autobiography
(c) The entire book
(d) The nation of Islam
7. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
8. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(a) Malcolm's upbringing
(c) The Nation of Islam
9. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) Elmore Leonard
(b) James Baldwin
(c) Alex Haley
(d) Richard Wright
10. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Abdul Kayum
(b) Mr. Shawarbi
(d) Adbar Rhman
11. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) No one follows him from America
(b) He known throughout the world
(c) He is accepted as a muslim
(d) He is hated everywhere
12. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
(a) His son dies
(b) He is too busy
(c) Malcolm is more charismatic
(d) He falls ill
13. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) Afro Americans
(b) White devils
(c) American brothers
(d) Black Americans
14. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
(a) Society for Afro Americans
(b) Nation of Humans
(c) Organization of World Unity
(d) Organization of African Unity
15. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a drug addict
(b) He becomes a wanderer
(c) He becomes a Christian
(d) He goes insane
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this final chapter take place?
2. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
3. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
4. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
5. What does Malcolm say God removed from the white Muslims?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)