|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(c) New York
2. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Getting attention for the poor black community
(b) Opening communications between blacks and whites
(c) Reforming criminals and drug users
(d) Making the white people look at themselves
3. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
4. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A dispassionate chronicler
(b) A passionate chronicler
(c) An observer of his life
5. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
(b) Civil war
(d) Going back to Africa
6. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(c) Malcolm's upbringing
(d) The Nation of Islam
7. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) American brothers
(b) Afro Americans
(c) White devils
(d) Black Americans
8. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
9. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(c) Elijah Muhammed
(d) His mother
10. In what year does this final chapter take place?
11. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a wanderer
(b) He becomes a drug addict
(c) He becomes a Christian
(d) He goes insane
12. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Richard Wright
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Martin Luther King
13. In what year does this chapter open?
14. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
(b) President Kennedy
(c) Elijah Muhammad
(d) His mother
15. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
(a) Mohammed Speaks
(b) The Paris Review
(d) The Literary Review
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy die?
2. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
3. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
4. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
5. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)