|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
(a) African countries
(b) The American government
(c) Saudi Arabia
2. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(b) A pile of used syringes
(c) His old car
(d) An apartment he robbed
3. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
4. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
5. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(a) A white man
(c) An Asian man
6. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
7. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
8. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) They need a spiritually strong leader
(b) He now must tell the police
(c) It involves his wife
(d) Malcolm could not join in
9. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) The characters in the book
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) Malcolm's vision
(d) Malcolm's retirement plans
10. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Sleeping with white women
(b) Purposely creating friction within the organization
(c) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
(d) Taking drugs
11. To what does Malcolm dedicate each day?
(a) His family
(b) His friends
(c) His autobiography
(d) His work
12. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
(a) James Baldwin
(b) Alex Hayley
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Martin Luther King
13. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
(a) That he will be assassinated
(b) That he will become president
(c) That he will divorce
(d) That the white man will become slave
14. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
(b) Los Angeles
15. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) A reefer
(b) The Koran
(c) All of his money
(d) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
2. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
3. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
4. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)