|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does this chapter open?
2. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) The angry black man
(b) A communist
(d) The Messiah
3. How does Sammy die?
(b) Old age
(c) Heart disease
(d) A drug overdose
4. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
(a) He becomes a wanderer
(b) He goes insane
(c) He becomes a drug addict
(d) He becomes a Christian
5. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
(a) The Civil Rights movement
(b) Afro American feminist movement
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) The Free Sudan Organization
6. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) A dispassionate chronicler
(c) An observer of his life
(d) A passionate chronicler
7. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) The Koran
(b) All of his money
(c) A reefer
(d) The Bible
8. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
(a) Their treatment of women
(b) Their treatment of whites
(c) Their hypocrisy
(d) The recruiting process
9. In what year does this final chapter take place?
10. Who does Malcolm think that the Asian man is in his dream?
(a) His future son
(b) His father
(d) The true leader of the black people
11. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(b) Malcolm's upbringing
(c) The Nation of Islam
12. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(a) An Asian man
(c) A white man
13. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
14. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
15. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) An apartment he robbed
(b) A pile of used syringes
(c) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(d) His old car
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
2. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
3. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
4. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
5. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)