|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city did Malcolm move to after his release from prison?
(c) New York
2. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
(a) Alex Hayley
(b) Jesse Jackson
(c) James Baldwin
(d) Martin Luther King
3. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
4. What doe Malcolm see outside the Harvard University window?
(a) An apartment he robbed
(b) His old car
(c) The hospital his mother into which his mother was admitted.
(d) A pile of used syringes
5. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) An angry personality
(b) A noble personality
(c) A stubborn personality
(d) An electric personality
6. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
(a) James Baldwin
(b) Richard Wright
(c) Elmore Leonard
(d) Alex Haley
7. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(d) South America
8. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) A communist
(b) The angry black man
(c) The Messiah
9. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
(b) The American government
(c) Black liberals
(d) Muslim leaders
10. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
(a) The entire book
(b) The nation of Islam
(c) Events surrounding Malcolm's death
(d) The difficulties in writing an autobiography
11. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(b) The Nation of Islam
(c) Malcolm's upbringing
12. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
13. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) The characters in the book
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) Malcolm's vision
(d) Malcolm's retirement plans
14. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
(a) Mohammed Speaks
(b) The Paris Review
(d) The Literary Review
15. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this final chapter take place?
2. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
3. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
4. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
5. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)