|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
(d) Los Angeles
2. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) Islam is the black religion
(b) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(c) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(d) They need to strive for their own identity
3. What does Haley provide an overview of in this chapter?
(a) The entire book
(b) The difficulties in writing an autobiography
(c) Events surrounding Malcolm's death
(d) The nation of Islam
4. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
(a) Black Americans
(b) American brothers
(c) Afro Americans
(d) White devils
5. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) Malcolm's vision
(b) The characters in the book
(c) Malcolm's retirement plans
(d) Malcolm's regrets
6. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
7. In what year does this final chapter take place?
8. How does Sammy die?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Old age
(d) A drug overdose
9. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(c) His mother
(d) Elijah Muhammed
10. What is Malcolm surprised about when he visits Cairo?
(a) It is modern
(b) It is full of whites
(c) There are Christians
(d) It is poor
11. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Mr. Shawarbi
(b) Adbar Rhman
(d) Abdul Kayum
12. What kind of personality does Haley state that Malcolm has?
(a) An electric personality
(b) A stubborn personality
(c) An angry personality
(d) A noble personality
13. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) He is hated everywhere
(b) No one follows him from America
(c) He is accepted as a muslim
(d) He known throughout the world
14. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
(b) The Nation of Islam
(c) Malcolm's upbringing
15. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Malcolm make in this final chapter?
2. Who does Malcolm begin a correspondence with in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
4. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
5. What does Malcolm tell Muhammad he is discontented with about the Nation of Islam?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)