|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so upset that Muhammad has been engaging in immoral activities?
(a) Malcolm could not join in
(b) They need a spiritually strong leader
(c) It involves his wife
(d) He now must tell the police
2. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
3. What is Malcolm surprised about on his travels?
(a) No one follows him from America
(b) He known throughout the world
(c) He is accepted as a muslim
(d) He is hated everywhere
4. What does Malcolm feel iss the solution to Afro American problems?
(a) Going back to Africa
(b) Civil war
5. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
6. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
(a) Malcolm is more charismatic
(b) His son dies
(c) He is too busy
(d) He falls ill
7. What is the name of Elijah's son?
8. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
9. How many pages of a dictionary does Malcolm copy per day?
10. What do the whites call Malcolm?
(a) A communist
(b) The angry black man
(d) The Messiah
11. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) Verbal Anger
(b) The Islam Times
(c) Muhammad Speaks
(d) United Black Nations
12. To what does Malcolm dedicate each day?
(a) His family
(b) His work
(c) His autobiography
(d) His friends
13. Who does Malcolm meet in 1965?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Alex Hayley
(d) James Baldwin
14. How does Sammy die?
(a) Heart disease
(c) A drug overdose
(d) Old age
15. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
(a) Mr. Shawarbi
(c) Abdul Kayum
(d) Adbar Rhman
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
2. In what year is Malcolm released from prison?
3. With how many secretaries does Malcolm find that Muhammad has been sexually involved?
4. In what year does this chapter open?
5. What is "The Hate that Hate Produced" television program about?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)