|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm leave to Archie?
(a) All of his money
(b) The Koran
(c) A reefer
(d) The Bible
2. Who did Malcolm always credit in his press conferences?
(a) His mother
(d) Elijah Muhammed
3. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(b) South America
4. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Jesse Jackson
(d) Richard Wright
5. What does Haley say he tried to be when he wrote Malcolm's autobiography?
(b) A passionate chronicler
(c) An observer of his life
(d) A dispassionate chronicler
6. What is the name of the newspaper Malcolm starts?
(a) United Black Nations
(b) The Islam Times
(c) Verbal Anger
(d) Muhammad Speaks
7. Who does Malcolm say has been suspended from the Nation of Islam?
8. What does this final chapter outline?
(a) Malcolm's retirement plans
(b) Malcolm's regrets
(c) The characters in the book
(d) Malcolm's vision
9. What is the name of Elijah's son?
10. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
(b) Los Angeles
11. Which magazine named the book as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the 20th century?
(a) The Literary Review
(b) Mohammed Speaks
(d) The Paris Review
12. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
13. Who does Malcolm borrow money from to go on his pilgrimage?
14. Who does Malcolm live with in Detroit?
15. What country does Malcolm's plane make a stop in on its way to Saudi Arabia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm claim are the positive aspects of the Nation of Islam?
2. To what is Malcolm's name being linked to in America?
3. What is the name of the Saudi ambassador?
4. Why does Elijah Muhammad stop speaking for the organization?
5. To what woman does Malcolm propose?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)