|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Malcolm, what have blacks been brainwashed to worship?
(a) A white, bearded nothing
(b) A white man getting fat on a black man's work
(c) A blonde, blue-eyed man
(d) White women
2. What famous accessory of Malcolm's does he purchase after his release from prison?
(a) His Italian suit
(b) His glasses
(c) His false teeth
(d) His red tie
3. What does the Nation accuse Malcolm of doing?
(a) Taking drugs
(b) Using the organization's money for his own purpose
(c) Sleeping with white women
(d) Purposely creating friction within the organization
4. What does Malcolm name his new organization?
(a) Organization of World Unity
(b) Organization of African Unity
(c) Nation of Humans
(d) Society for Afro Americans
5. Which Greek myth does Malcolm recall in this chapter?
6. Where does Muhammad send Malcolm to build a temple?
7. Who visits Malcolm in his dream in this chapter?
(b) An Asian man
(c) A white man
8. What continent does Malcolm visit after his pilgrimage?
(a) South America
9. What is the name of Elijah's son?
10. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(b) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) They need to strive for their own identity
11. With which old friend does Malcolm reunite in Boston?
12. Who does Malcolm say are his biggest opponents?
(a) Black liberals
(b) Muslim leaders
(c) The American government
13. Who writes the final chapter?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Alex Haley
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Richard Wright
14. From where does Malcolm want his organization to enlist support?
(a) African countries
(b) Saudi Arabia
(d) The American government
15. With what does Malcolm replace his surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Malcolm use for the first time at a press conference?
2. Who edits Malcolm's autobiography?
3. With how many secretaries does Malcolm find that Muhammad has been sexually involved?
4. With what other Afro-American organization does Malcolm claim to have differences?
5. What happens to Reginald after he is rejected from the Nation?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)