|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Hymie is involved in?
(b) The Jewelery business
(d) Illegal activity
2. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
3. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
(a) Third grade
(b) Fourth grade
(c) Eighth grade
(d) Seventh grade
4. What does Malcolm say he keeps his ears to when Archie is after him?
(a) The frontdoor
(b) The grapevine
(c) The window
(d) The telephone
5. What is Malcolm heavily into at this point?
6. What war is Malcolm being drafted into in this chapter?
(a) The Cold War
(b) World War II
(c) The Civil War
(d) The Korean War
7. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
(a) A job
(b) A loan
(c) A nanny
(d) Insurance money
8. Who does Sammy contact in this chapter?
9. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
(b) Eat dinner
(c) Ice skate
10. What is the title of this chapter?
(a) New York Blues
(b) Jazz and All That
(c) Detroit Red
11. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
(a) A race track
(b) A clothes store
(c) A casino
(d) A soda fountain
12. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 20 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 12 miles
(d) 15 miles
13. What role does Malcolm hold at school?
(a) Class president
(b) Class clown
(c) Head pupil
(d) School mascot
14. What kind of drug is Malcolm on when he goes over to talk to Sophia in the bar?
15. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
(a) He tel the warden he is the devil
(b) He tells everyone he is a mass murderer
(c) He shouts out curses to God
(d) He kills a warden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
3. What does Sophia's friend do later that night?
4. What does Malcolm have to do for the madam?
5. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)