|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of this first chapter?
2. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
(a) Free marijuana
(b) His old train pass
(c) A gun
(d) His charisma
3. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
(a) His mother
(b) His black male friends
(d) His sister
4. Where does Malcolm hide when Sophia's friend comes into the house?
(a) In the bathroom
(b) In the closet
(c) Under the bed
(d) In the attic
5. What used to attract white people to Harlem?
(a) A circus show
(b) The restaurants
(c) The houses
(d) The music scene
6. What is the name of Malcolm's favorite dance?
(a) Lindy Hopping
(b) The Waltz
(c) Free Dancing
(d) Birdy Hopping
7. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 2 miles
(b) 20 miles
(c) 12 miles
(d) 15 miles
8. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
(a) A drug ring
(b) A religious group
(c) A small gang
(d) A band
9. What does Malcolm learn how to detect in this chapter?
(a) Undercover police officers
(b) Bad poker faces
(d) Loose women
10. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
(c) Toilet paper
11. Who approaches Malcolm while he is watching Billie Holliday?
(c) The police
(d) Miles Davis
12. Whose friends stop Malcolm and Archie from killing each other?
(b) Billy Holliday's
13. What do Sophia and her sister pretend to be to get tours?
(d) Government officials
14. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
(a) A month
(b) Three weeks
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two months
15. With whom does Malcolm see Sophia and her sister in a bar?
(a) A policeman
(b) A friend of Sophia's husband
(c) A Mafia boss
(d) Sophia's husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
2. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
3. What does Malcolm say Laura turns to when he stops seeing her?
4. What is the name of the prison Malcolm is incarcerated?
5. What is the name of Malcolm's sister?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)