|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 12 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 15 miles
(d) 20 miles
2. What does Malcolm manage to evade at the end of this chapter?
(b) The police
(c) His debtors
(d) The draft
3. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(b) The rabbi
(d) Their mother
4. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
(b) Eat dinner
(d) Ice skate
5. What role does Malcolm hold at school?
(a) Head pupil
(b) Class clown
(c) Class president
(d) School mascot
6. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
(a) He perms it
(b) He straightens it
(c) He puts it into dreadlocks
(d) He shaves it off
7. What does Malcolm carry to protect himself?
(a) A rifle
(b) A sword
(c) A pistol
(d) A knife
8. What does Sophia's friend do later that night?
(a) Calls the police
(b) Breaks into Malcolm's house
(c) Shoots Malcolm
(d) Smashes Malcolm's house windows
9. In what state does Malcolm's family settle?
(d) New York
10. What kind of job does Malcolm get in Harlem?
(a) A shoe shiner
(b) A waiter
(c) A lawyer's assistant
(d) A sales assistant
11. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
(a) A drug ring
(b) A band
(c) A small gang
(d) A religious group
12. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
(a) Her charisma
(b) Her blonde hair
(c) Her light skin
(d) Her pudgy hands
13. What does Malcolm notice about the white men he escorts into Harlem?
(a) They are ugly
(b) They are always high
(c) They are influential members of society
(d) They are poor
14. Who does Malcolm say Sophia has now married?
(a) A wealthy white man
(b) A black activist
(c) A preacher
(d) Her cousin
15. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
(c) Four times
(d) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm taken back to in this chapter?
2. Which area of New York does Malcolm discover during his train rides?
3. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
4. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
5. What does Malcolm say he keeps his ears to when Archie is after him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)