|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura lie to in order to make the date with Malcolm?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her mother
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her father
2. How many prisoners are there in each cell?
3. Which area of New York does Malcolm discover during his train rides?
(c) The Bronx
4. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
(b) Beverages and snacks
5. What is the title of this first chapter?
6. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
7. Where is Malcolm taken back to in this chapter?
8. What used to attract white people to Harlem?
(a) The houses
(b) A circus show
(c) The restaurants
(d) The music scene
9. What does Malcolm have to use for a toilet in his cell?
(a) A cup
(b) A bowl
(c) A bucket
(d) A plastic bag
10. What does Malcolm say Bimbi uses to command respect?
(a) His past
11. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
(a) Free marijuana
(b) A gun
(c) His old train pass
(d) His charisma
12. What does Malcolm say black men are trying to look like with their conk hairstyles?
(a) White men
(c) TV stars
13. What does Malcolm say Harlem has lost in this chapter?
(a) Its women
(b) Its beauty
(c) Its nightlife
(d) Its white population
14. What does Malcolm take to stop feeling nervous whilse robbing people's houses?
(a) Beta blockers
(b) Lauging gas
15. Where does Ella find Malcolm a job at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The railroad
(b) The police station
(c) A lawyers office
(d) The local shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
2. Why do people think Malcolm is much older than he is?
3. What does Malcolm's gang do?
4. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
5. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)