|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
(a) Her blonde hair
(b) Her pudgy hands
(c) Her charisma
(d) Her light skin
2. What area of the city does Malcolm claim he prefers?
(a) The center
(b) The Jewish Quarter
(c) The suburbs
(d) The Ghetto
3. What is the title of this first chapter?
4. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
(a) Saudi Arabia
5. How many words does Malcolm claim are part of his vocabulary before he starts reading?
(a) 500 words
(b) 50 words
(c) 200 words
(d) 350 words
6. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
(c) The headmaster
(d) His sister
7. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
8. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
(a) Takes her home
(b) Locks her in the toilets
(c) Puts her on a train.
(d) Locks her in car
9. What does Malcolm carry to protect himself?
(a) A pistol
(b) A rifle
(c) A knife
(d) A sword
10. How long does Malcolm's mother spend in a mental institution?
(a) 26 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 15 years
11. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
(d) The West Indies
12. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
(a) African tradition
(b) Harlem's history
(d) Jewish history
13. What is the name of the first family with whom Malcolm lives?
14. What does Sophia's friend do later that night?
(a) Shoots Malcolm
(b) Breaks into Malcolm's house
(c) Smashes Malcolm's house windows
(d) Calls the police
15. Who does Malcolm say Sophia has now married?
(a) A black activist
(b) Her cousin
(c) A preacher
(d) A wealthy white man
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose friends stop Malcolm and Archie from killing each other?
2. Which of the following characters is not a member of Malcolm's Boston gang?
3. Who does Malcolm say he continues to see?
4. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
5. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)