|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say black men are trying to look like with their conk hairstyles?
(a) White men
(b) TV stars
2. What does Malcolm have to use for a toilet in his cell?
(a) A cup
(b) A bowl
(c) A bucket
(d) A plastic bag
3. Why do the prisoners call Malcolm Satan?
(a) He kills a warden
(b) He shouts out curses to God
(c) He tel the warden he is the devil
(d) He tells everyone he is a mass murderer
4. What does Malcolm do with Laura when he meets Sophia?
(a) Puts her on a train.
(b) Locks her in the toilets
(c) Locks her in car
(d) Takes her home
5. Which of the following characters is not a member of Malcolm's Boston gang?
6. What does Ella encourage Malcolm to do before he gets a job?
(a) Learn about religion
(b) Learn an instrument
(c) Explore the city
(d) Get an education
7. What does Malcolm's gang do?
(a) Beat up white folk
(b) Rob houses
(c) Sell drugs
(d) Protect their neighborhood
8. What does Malcolm say Bimbi uses to command respect?
(b) His past
9. What does Malcolm say he gives to an undercover police officer in this chapter?
(a) An illegal drink
(b) A reefer
(c) A cigarette
(d) A prostitute's number
10. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(a) Their mother
(c) The rabbi
11. What does Malcolm notice about the white men he escorts into Harlem?
(a) They are poor
(b) They are always high
(c) They are ugly
(d) They are influential members of society
12. What role does Malcolm hold at school?
(a) Class president
(b) Class clown
(c) School mascot
(d) Head pupil
13. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
(a) African tradition
(b) Harlem's history
(d) Jewish history
14. Which musician does Malcolm see in this chapter?
(a) Louis Armstrong
(b) James Brown
(c) Miles Davis
(d) Billie Holliday
15. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
(a) Eighth grade
(b) Third grade
(c) Seventh grade
(d) Fourth grade
Short Answer Questions
1. What used to attract white people to Harlem?
2. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
3. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
4. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
5. What nickname is Malcolm given in prison?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)