Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Malcolm bribe the guards?
(a) Reefers and cigarettes
(b) Beer and pornography
(c) Whiskey and cigarettes
(d) Comics and coffee
2. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
3. What does Malcolm sell to the customers on the train?
(d) Beverages and snacks
4. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
(a) A soda fountain
(b) A race track
(c) A casino
(d) A clothes store
5. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
(a) Insurance money
(b) A job
(c) A loan
(d) A nanny
6. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
(c) New York
7. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
(a) African tradition
(b) Harlem's history
(d) Jewish history
8. Who approaches Malcolm while he is watching Billie Holliday?
(b) The police
(d) Miles Davis
9. Where is Malcolm taken back to in this chapter?
10. How is Malcolm's father killed?
(a) He iss run over
(b) He is hanged
(c) He is murdered
(d) He has a heart attack
11. Which character in this chapter wants to kill Malcolm?
12. In what sport does Malcolm excel at school?
13. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
(b) Toilet paper
14. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
(b) Saudi Arabia
15. What nickname is Malcolm given in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm's mother homeland?
2. Who does Laura lie to in order to make the date with Malcolm?
3. Where does Ella find Malcolm a job at the beginning of the chapter?
4. How many prisoners are there in each cell?
5. Which musician does Malcolm see in this chapter?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)