|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
(a) Lost Paradise
(b) The Clown and Bard
(c) Small Paradise
2. What does Malcolm use to travel for free?
(a) His old train pass
(b) His charisma
(c) Free marijuana
(d) A gun
3. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
(a) A drug ring
(b) A religious group
(c) A small gang
(d) A band
4. What job does Shorty find for Malcolm?
(a) A croupier
(b) A cleaner
(c) A dealer
(d) A shoeshine attendant
5. Who were the first people to settle in Harlem?
(a) The Irish
(b) The Africans
(c) The Jews
(d) The Dutch
6. Which member of the gang starts to make serious mistakes?
7. What is Malcolm's father's job?
(a) A chauffer
(b) A lawyer
(c) A Baptist preacher
(d) A shoe shiner
8. Where does Ella find Malcolm a job at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The local shop
(b) A lawyers office
(c) The police station
(d) The railroad
9. With which character does Malcolm commit burglaries?
10. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
11. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
(b) Her grandmother
12. What does Malcolm say he gives to an undercover police officer in this chapter?
(a) An illegal drink
(b) A reefer
(c) A prostitute's number
(d) A cigarette
13. What does Ella encourage Malcolm to do before he gets a job?
(a) Get an education
(b) Explore the city
(c) Learn an instrument
(d) Learn about religion
14. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
15. How old is Malcolm when he is sentenced for robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
3. What does Malcolm's gang do?
4. What does Malcolm inherit from his mother?
5. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)