|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Malcolm get in Harlem?
(a) A waiter
(b) A sales assistant
(c) A lawyer's assistant
(d) A shoe shiner
2. Where is Malcolm taken back to in this chapter?
3. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
(d) Her grandmother
4. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
5. What area of the city does Malcolm claim he prefers?
(a) The Jewish Quarter
(b) The suburbs
(c) The Ghetto
(d) The center
6. Where does Malcolm hide when Sophia's friend comes into the house?
(a) In the closet
(b) Under the bed
(c) In the bathroom
(d) In the attic
7. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
(c) Toilet paper
8. What is the name of the West Indian introduced in this chapter?
9. What does Malcolm say Bimbi uses to command respect?
(a) His past
10. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(a) The rabbi
(b) Their mother
11. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
(a) They move in with distant relatives
(b) They are sent to an orphanage
(c) They are left to survive on their own
(d) They are separated
12. Who approaches Malcolm while he is watching Billie Holliday?
(a) Miles Davis
(b) The police
13. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
(c) His brother
(d) The headmaster
14. Which character in this chapter wants to kill Malcolm?
15. Which of the following characters is not a member of Malcolm's Boston gang?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words does Malcolm claim are part of his vocabulary before he starts reading?
2. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
3. What used to attract white people to Harlem?
4. What is Malcolm's father's job?
5. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)