|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prisoners are there in each cell?
2. Who was waiting at the jeweler's?
(b) The police
(c) Malcolm's gang
(d) The FBI
3. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
(a) Three weeks
(b) A month
(c) Two months
(d) Two weeks
4. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
(a) He shaves it off
(b) He perms it
(c) He puts it into dreadlocks
(d) He straightens it
5. What is the name of Malcolm's favorite dance?
(a) Lindy Hopping
(b) Free Dancing
(c) The Waltz
(d) Birdy Hopping
6. What later happens to Hymie?
(a) He iss arrested
(b) He goes bankrupt
(c) He is deported
(d) He is murdered
7. Which members of the gang try to get into houses for tours?
(a) Shorty and Sophia's sister
(b) Malcolm and Rudy
(c) Sophia and Malcolm
(d) Sophia and her sister
8. What does Malcolm take to stop feeling nervous whilse robbing people's houses?
(b) Beta blockers
(d) Lauging gas
9. What is the name of Malcolm's sister?
10. What does Malcolm learn how to detect in this chapter?
(a) Loose women
(b) Undercover police officers
(d) Bad poker faces
11. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
(d) Her grandmother
12. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
13. Which character in this chapter wants to kill Malcolm?
14. What game does Malcolm play in Harlem?
(a) Black jack
(c) The numbers game
15. What is the name of the prison Malcolm is incarcerated?
(a) Georgia State prison
(b) New York prison
(c) Virginia prision
(d) Charleston State prison
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malcolm hide when Sophia's friend comes into the house?
2. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
3. What does Malcolm take to a jeweler to be repaired?
4. What does Malcolm's mother attempt to get in order to support her children?
5. Who does Malcolm say he continues to see?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)