|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura lie to in order to make the date with Malcolm?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) Her aunt
2. What is Malcolm's hairstyle called?
(a) An afro
(b) A crackerjack
(c) A conk
(d) A straight back and sides
3. Why did Malcolm get fired from his job on the railway?
(a) He steals money
(b) He lets his friends ride on the train for free
(c) He is rude to the white patrons
(d) He eats all the food
4. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
(a) Three times
(c) Four times
5. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
(a) A clothes store
(b) A soda fountain
(c) A casino
(d) A race track
6. What is the name of the Jewish man for whom Malcolm works?
7. In what state does Malcolm's family settle?
(d) New York
8. What is the name of the bar where Malcolm works?
(a) Small Paradise
(c) Lost Paradise
(d) The Clown and Bard
9. How many words does Malcolm claim are part of his vocabulary before he starts reading?
(a) 500 words
(b) 50 words
(c) 200 words
(d) 350 words
10. Where does Malcolm's father want black people to go?
(d) Saudi Arabia
11. What does Malcolm use to visit his home town?
(a) A car
(b) A mule
(c) A train pass
(d) A taxi
12. What does Malcolm put together once he is in Boston?
(a) A drug ring
(b) A small gang
(c) A religious group
(d) A band
13. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
(a) The Swerlings
(b) His mother
(c) His grandparents
(d) His sister
14. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
(a) New York
15. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Laura and Malcolm make a date to do?
2. How long does Malcolm's mother spend in a mental institution?
3. Who does Malcolm blame for Laura's demise?
4. How many prisoners are there in each cell?
5. Why do people think Malcolm is much older than he is?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)