|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malcolm's favorite dance?
(a) Birdy Hopping
(b) Free Dancing
(c) Lindy Hopping
(d) The Waltz
2. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
(a) The social status of African Americans
(b) The seedy side of life
(c) How to get what he wants
(d) The importance of money
3. What war is Malcolm being drafted into in this chapter?
(a) World War II
(b) The Cold War
(c) The Civil War
(d) The Korean War
4. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
(a) Seventh grade
(b) Fourth grade
(c) Eighth grade
(d) Third grade
5. Who were the first people to settle in Harlem?
(a) The Africans
(b) The Dutch
(c) The Irish
(d) The Jews
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
2. How long does Malcolm spend looking around the city?
3. What does Malcolm know will happen if he continues in illegal activity?
4. Who else was Malcolm working for in this chapter?
5. What later happens to Hymie?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)