|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
(a) The power of jazz
(b) The power of money
(c) Self respect
(d) A new vocabulary
2. What does Ella encourage Malcolm to do before he gets a job?
(a) Learn an instrument
(b) Get an education
(c) Learn about religion
(d) Explore the city
3. How is Malcolm's father killed?
(a) He is murdered
(b) He has a heart attack
(c) He iss run over
(d) He is hanged
4. What kind of school did Malcolm have to attend while at the Gohannas?
(a) A boarding school
(b) A reform school
(c) A private school
(d) A state school
5. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) The headmaster
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
2. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
3. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
4. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
5. In what sport does Malcolm excel at school?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)