|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he learned about through his travel through the city?
(a) How to get what he wants
(b) The importance of money
(c) The seedy side of life
(d) The social status of African Americans
2. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
(a) They are left to survive on their own
(b) They are sent to an orphanage
(c) They move in with distant relatives
(d) They are separated
3. How far is the detention home from Lansing?
(a) 15 miles
(b) 12 miles
(c) 2 miles
(d) 20 miles
4. Who runs the detention home to which Malcolm is sent?
(a) The Gohannas
(b) The Swerlins
(c) The Frommels
(d) The Langsings
5. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Malcolm when he visits his sister for the first time?
2. What is the name of the first family with whom Malcolm lives?
3. How many siblings does Malcolm X have?
4. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
5. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)