|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
(a) Self respect
(b) A new vocabulary
(c) The power of money
(d) The power of jazz
2. What kind of school did Malcolm have to attend while at the Gohannas?
(a) A private school
(b) A boarding school
(c) A state school
(d) A reform school
3. Who comes to visit Malcolm in this chapter?
(a) His brother
(b) The headmaster
(c) His sister
(d) His mother
4. Whose word does Malcolm's father spread?
(a) Marcus Garvey
(b) Martin Luther
(c) John Wycliffe
5. How long does Malcolm's mother spend in a mental institution?
(a) 26 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 10 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for official custody of Malcolm at the end of this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
4. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
5. Where does Malcolm's sister live?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)