|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
(a) They move in with distant relatives
(b) They are left to survive on their own
(c) They are sent to an orphanage
(d) They are separated
2. How many words does Malcolm claim are part of his vocabulary before he starts reading?
(a) 500 words
(b) 50 words
(c) 200 words
(d) 350 words
3. What is the name of the man Malcolm befriends in this chapter?
4. What does Malcolm have to do for the madam?
(a) Stand by the door
(b) Deal drugs to the customers
(c) Clean the rooms
(d) Take white men into Harlem
5. What is the name of Elijah's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Malcolm questioned on local robberies?
2. What is the name of the quiet girl Malcolm meets in this chapter?
3. What is the name of Malcolm's well-read cellmate?
4. Which members of the gang try to get into houses for tours?
5. What do Malcolm and Hymie talk about?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)