|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Malcolm's argument against the Civil Rights movement
(a) Racism is a human issue, not a civil rights issue.
(b) They have to knock things down. not tap on them
(c) Islam is the black religion
(d) They need to strive for their own identity
2. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
(a) He shaves it off
(b) He perms it
(c) He puts it into dreadlocks
(d) He straightens it
3. What does Malcolm say is the equivalent of money in prison?
(b) Toilet paper
4. Who does Ella disapprove of Malcolm seeing?
(b) Their mother
(c) The rabbi
5. Where is Muhammad relocated to in this chapter?
(c) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
2. What does Malcolm pretend to be to get out of serving in the army?
3. What does Malcolm say black men are trying to look like with their conk hairstyles?
4. What is the name of the prison Malcolm is incarcerated?
5. With which character does Malcolm commit burglaries?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)