|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malcolm work after the shoeshine job?
(a) A casino
(b) A clothes store
(c) A race track
(d) A soda fountain
2. What happens to Malcolm and his siblings?
(a) They are sent to an orphanage
(b) They are separated
(c) They are left to survive on their own
(d) They move in with distant relatives
3. Who does Malcolm impress by dating Sophia?
(a) His sister
(c) His black male friends
(d) His mother
4. What does Malcolm say he learns from the black community in Boston?
(a) The power of money
(b) A new vocabulary
(c) The power of jazz
(d) Self respect
5. What is Malcolm's hairstyle called?
(a) A straight back and sides
(b) A conk
(c) An afro
(d) A crackerjack
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm do with his hair in this chapter?
2. What does Malcolm receive a lesson on in Harlem?
3. What does Malcolm use to visit his home town?
4. What role does Malcolm hold at school?
5. Where does Ella find Malcolm a job at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)