Look at the structure of the novel.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way both Malcolm and Alex Haley use the other people in the story to express Malcolm's ideas.
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Malcolm X uses the autobiography to market his image rather than his ideas." Use two examples from the book to support your argument.
Compare the characters of Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why do you think they cannot sort out their differences?
At one point the book uses Boston as a setting.
1) What meaning does Boston bring to the book? What would you automatically link...
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)