* Malcolm X's story opens with a story about how the Ku Klux Klan visits his home while his mother is pregnant with him.
* One of eight children, Malcolm grows up in poverty, moving a number of times before his family settles in Michigan.
* Once the family settles in Lansing, Michigan, Malcolm's father continues to preach about returning to Africa.
* Malcolm father's preaching does not go well with the local white community, and he is brutally murdered.
* Malcolm and his siblings are placed in foster homes. His mother is sent to a mental institution where she remaines for the twenty-six years.
* Malcolm goes to live with the Gohannas family, but he soon gets into trouble at school and is sent to a detention home.
* When Malcolm is eventually sent to school again, he is the only African-American attending. He does very well in school, consistently scoring as...
This section contains 1,684 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)