|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset about the name McCall chooses in Chapter 32 for his son?
2. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
3. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
4. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
5. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part I of the book, McCall describes his decision to steal as a rite of passage. What is a rite of passage, and how does McCall's decision to take from others constitute such a reference?
Essay Topic 2
How are the people in McCall's life, outside of the prison, affected by his incarceration? (His son, Elisabeth, his parents, siblings, grandmother, etc.)
Essay Topic 3
Looking at Part III of the book, highlight examples of McCall's race sensitivity as well as when he let it overcome him and when he stepped back and did not let it cloud his decisions.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)