Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
2. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
3. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
4. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
5. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
Discuss how McCall's actions/behaviors in Chapters 1 though 5 illustrate or embody his fears?
In Chapter 34, McCall talks about the pressure not to marry Debbie and his idea that the marriage will legitimize things. Explain circumstances. Discuss how the the pressure to not marry and McCall's perception of "legitimization" compare to McCall's decisions in earlier years on the streets and in the prison.
In Chapters 35 through 39, McCall encounters trendy blacks, advice from Milton Campbell, reaction of fellow journalists in Missouri and Danny his co-worker. How does each of these situations affect McCall's perceptions about race? What challenges him? What changes him? Why?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)