|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
2. What is McCall's biological father's name?
3. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
5. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does McCall's driving around and never finding his friends serve as an analogy of his life up to this point? Be specific and support with details from McCall's life up to this point.
Essay Topic 2
How are the people in McCall's life, outside of the prison, affected by his incarceration? (His son, Elisabeth, his parents, siblings, grandmother, etc.)
Essay Topic 3
In Part III of the book, McCall describes his relationship with Yvette, her challenges with being inferior and the Muslim principle that women hold an inferior position in the home. Looking at McCall's upbringing, his relationship with his mother and his mother's role in McCall's home, how do the two outlooks, situations, etc. clash? Why does McCall have problems with this Muslim principle and how much of this is due to his upbringing and his mother's role in the home?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)