Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
2. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
3. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
4. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
5. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
Essay Topic 1
How does Stanley's visit and the resulting scenes and events in McCall's life facilitate McCall's decision to leave behind drug use from this point forward? How does this turning point reflect other changes that occurred in McCall's life during this time as well (family, career)?
Essay Topic 2
In Part I of the book there are several instances that support the theme of juvenile invincibility that is felt by a young McCall and and his friends. Discuss this theme and provide details from Part I that illustrate this feeling of invincibility among McCall and other young boys described by McCall during this part of his life. What were the more effective glimpses into this mentality provided by McCall in this part of the book and why?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 35 through 39, McCall encounters trendy blacks, advice from Milton Campbell, reaction of fellow journalists in Missouri and Danny his co-worker. How does each of these situations affect McCall's perceptions about race? What challenges him? What changes him? Why?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)