Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
2. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
3. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
4. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
5. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
Essay Topic 1
McCall runs away from home and returns in Part I of the book. Why does McCall run away, why does he return, and why does McCall refer to the whipping he gets from his stepfather upon his return home saving "face?"
Essay Topic 2
McCall is being beaten by the Cherry Boys and realizes they have no idea when or if they have gone too far in the beating, causing permanent damage or killing him. How does McCall's thoughts about this beating in Chapter 8 compare with his thoughts in Chapter 1 when they beat the white boy on the bicycle?
Essay Topic 3
In Part I of the book, McCall describes his decision to steal as a rite of passage. What is a rite of passage, and how does McCall's decision to take from others constitute such a reference?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)