|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
2. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(a) Norfolk State.
(d) Old Dominion.
3. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
4. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
5. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
2. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
3. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
4. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
5. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCall proceed with the advice he got from Milton regarding his prison record during the Washington Post interview?
2. Why does McCall feel he is bringing another child into a world of pain and strife (Chapter 32)?
3. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
4. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
5. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
6. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
7. Why doesn't McCall trust anyone at the Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star where he works?
8. Why does McCall enjoy the small things in Chapter 24?
9. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
10. Why do friends and family have to help McCall when he goes to visit his kids in Atlanta, in Chapter 42?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)