|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(b) Move to D.C.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Move back home.
2. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
3. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
(b) Cutting Hair.
(c) Cleaning buildings.
(d) Repairing Cars.
4. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Look for another job.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go back home.
(d) Deal cocaine.
5. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
2. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
3. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
4. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
5. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
2. What does McCall say about drugs and the young black man in Chapter 40?
3. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
4. How does Debbie's mom respond to the African name chosen for their first son and why does McCall insist on the African name?
5. Why does McCall enjoy the small things in Chapter 24?
6. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
7. How does McCall's reaction to the watermelon eating contest assignment reflect his racial sensitivity?
8. Why does McCall see his grandchild as a another cycle of life?
9. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
10. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)