|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
2. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
3. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
4. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
(a) Hanging with his buddies.
(b) Working an assignment.
5. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
2. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
3. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
4. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
5. Which brother, according to McCall in Chapter 40, continues to drain his parents' resources?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
2. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
3. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
4. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
5. Why are Debbie's parents happy about the pregnancy, while McCall's parents are not in Chapter 32?
6. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
7. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
8. Why does McCall enjoy the small things in Chapter 24?
9. How does Debbie's mom respond to the African name chosen for their first son and why does McCall insist on the African name?
10. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)