|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
2. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(b) Move back home.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Move to D.C.
3. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(a) At her home.
(b) The hospital.
4. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(a) Collard greens.
5. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Portsmouth Courier.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(d) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
2. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
3. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
4. What is McCall's biological father's name?
5. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McCall say about drugs and the young black man in Chapter 40?
2. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
3. Why are Debbie's parents happy about the pregnancy, while McCall's parents are not in Chapter 32?
4. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
5. How is McCall's life after being released from St Brides like starting life over?
6. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
7. How does McCall proceed with the advice he got from Milton regarding his prison record during the Washington Post interview?
8. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
9. Why do friends and family have to help McCall when he goes to visit his kids in Atlanta, in Chapter 42?
10. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)