|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
2. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
(a) His oldest daughter.
(b) His grandchild.
(c) His own.
3. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
4. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
5. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
2. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
3. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
4. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
5. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
2. Why are Debbie's parents happy about the pregnancy, while McCall's parents are not in Chapter 32?
3. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
4. What happens in Chapter 40 when McCall is challenged by another driver?
5. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
6. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
7. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
8. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
9. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
10. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)