|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) Black Panthers.
(c) American Muslim Mission.
(d) Southern Baptists Association.
2. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
3. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His bilogical father.
(d) His grandmother.
4. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(d) His parents.
5. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
2. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
3. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
4. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
5. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
2. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
3. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
4. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
5. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
6. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
7. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
8. Why doesn't McCall trust anyone at the Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star where he works?
9. Why do Debbie and McCall work on staying married?
10. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)