|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His mother.
(b) His bilogical father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His stepfather.
2. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
3. What is McCall's biological father's name?
4. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
5. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
2. Who is upset about the name McCall chooses in Chapter 32 for his son?
3. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
4. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
5. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
2. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
3. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
4. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
5. How does McCall's relationship with his son, Monroe, compare to McCall's relationship with his biological father as described in Chapter 30?
6. What happens in Chapter 40 when McCall is challenged by another driver?
7. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
8. How does Debbie's mom respond to the African name chosen for their first son and why does McCall insist on the African name?
9. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
10. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)