|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The couple McCall befriends in Chapter 37 will soon be going to what country?
2. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
3. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
4. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) His friends.
5. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
2. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
3. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
4. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
5. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
2. How is McCall's life after being released from St Brides like starting life over?
3. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
4. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
5. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
6. Why does McCall feel he is bringing another child into a world of pain and strife (Chapter 32)?
7. How does McCall's relationship with his son, Monroe, compare to McCall's relationship with his biological father as described in Chapter 30?
8. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
9. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
10. How does McCall's reaction to the watermelon eating contest assignment reflect his racial sensitivity?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)