|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
3. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
4. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
5. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
2. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
3. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
5. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
2. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
3. Why does McCall feel he is bringing another child into a world of pain and strife (Chapter 32)?
4. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
5. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
6. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
7. Why do Debbie and McCall work on staying married?
8. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
9. How does McCall's relationship with his son, Monroe, compare to McCall's relationship with his biological father as described in Chapter 30?
10. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)