|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
2. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His mother.
3. Which one of McCall's kids come to live with him in Chapter 43?
(a) His youngest daughter.
(c) His oldest daughter.
4. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
5. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(b) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
2. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
4. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
5. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCall see his grandchild as a another cycle of life?
2. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
3. How does McCall's decision to do the right thing and not worry about what people think about him in Part II illustrate McCall's growth and maturity?
4. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
5. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
6. Why doesn't McCall trust anyone at the Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star where he works?
7. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
8. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
9. Why do Debbie and McCall work on staying married?
10. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)