|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
2. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
3. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
4. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
5. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His bilogical father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
2. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
3. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
4. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
5. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
2. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
3. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
4. How does McCall's reaction to the watermelon eating contest assignment reflect his racial sensitivity?
5. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
6. What does McCall say about drugs and the young black man in Chapter 40?
7. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
8. Why does McCall enjoy the small things in Chapter 24?
9. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
10. How is McCall's life after being released from St Brides like starting life over?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)