|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(c) The English.
2. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
3. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(b) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(c) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
(d) Drops out of religious meetings.
4. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
5. In Chapter 27, McCall has graduated from college and is looking for a job but he has two strikes against him, one being what?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is male.
(d) He is former addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
2. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
3. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
4. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
5. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 35, how is McCall fitting into the mainstream?
2. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
3. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
4. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
5. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
6. What does McCall say about drugs and the young black man in Chapter 40?
7. Why does McCall feel he is bringing another child into a world of pain and strife (Chapter 32)?
8. How does McCall's relationship with his son, Monroe, compare to McCall's relationship with his biological father as described in Chapter 30?
9. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
10. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)