|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
2. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
3. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(a) Collard greens.
4. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(c) His parents.
5. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
2. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
3. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
4. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
5. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is McCall's life after being released from St Brides like starting life over?
2. How does McCall deal with his friends' suspicions about his "good fortune" in Part II of the book?
3. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
4. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
5. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
6. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
7. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
8. In Part III, what relationship does McCall have with his editor?
9. What happens in Chapter 40 when McCall is challenged by another driver?
10. Why are Debbie's parents happy about the pregnancy, while McCall's parents are not in Chapter 32?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)