|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(c) His parents.
2. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
3. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
4. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
5. Whose advice did McCall take when going to his boss to reveal his prison record, as noted at the end of Chapter 39?
(a) Milton Coleman.
(b) Professor Grant.
(c) Tom Lippman.
(d) Bill Kovach.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
2. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
3. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
4. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
5. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCall proceed with the advice he got from Milton regarding his prison record during the Washington Post interview?
2. How does Stanley's visit become a turning point for McCall and the drug scene?
3. Why do Debbie and McCall work on staying married?
4. Why does McCall see his grandchild as a another cycle of life?
5. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
6. What happens when McCall deals with the question of whether to abort his own child and an assignment in Chapter 31?
7. How does Debbie's mom respond to the African name chosen for their first son and why does McCall insist on the African name?
8. Why does McCall feel like a slave on an auction block in Chapter 27?
9. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
10. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)