|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
2. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
(a) The Portsmouth Courier.
(b) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(c) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(d) The Washington Post.
3. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) Southern Baptists Association.
(b) Black Panthers.
(c) American Muslim Mission.
4. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(b) Chiily Bear.
5. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
2. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
3. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
4. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
5. McCall describes how he is so racially sensitive he can not enjoy an assignment covering what kind of contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is McCall now afraid of the people with whom he was once so comfortable?
2. What happens with the divorce from Debbie in Chapter 41?
3. How does the fellowship program in Missouri help McCall deal with his racial sensitivity?
4. What happens in Chapter 40 when McCall is challenged by another driver?
5. How does Debbie's mom respond to the African name chosen for their first son and why does McCall insist on the African name?
6. Why are Debbie's parents happy about the pregnancy, while McCall's parents are not in Chapter 32?
7. Why does McCall enjoy the small things in Chapter 24?
8. Later, in Chapter 34, McCall pressures Debbie to abort their second child but why is McCall glad the abortion did not happen?
9. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
10. What does McCall like about Islam according to Chapter 26?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)