|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 21, who has the men's hormones in turmoil and he hates them for this sexual tension?
(a) A female teacher.
(b) A female nurse.
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) A gay man.
2. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(a) Prairie Dog.
3. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her parents are divorcing.
(c) She wants an abortion.
(d) She is sick.
4. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
(a) As a Man Thinketh.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Rebel Jesus.
5. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Billy and Dwight.
(b) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(c) Junnie and Dwight.
(d) Billy and Junnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
2. In Chapter 10, McCall talks about gifts under a Christmas tree that he ____.
3. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
4. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
5. In Chapter 7, McCall likens all the fighting between groups, gangs, and others as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter ,4 McCall is now in a black junior high school, but he is still the new kid; what are some things he does to help him fit in?
2. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
3. In the opening chapter when McCall, along with others, is beating the young white boy, what is going on in McCall's head?
4. In Part I, why does McCall envy the dirty white children running around in a restaurant?
5. What happens with Plaz and how is McCall's stepfather involved?
6. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
7. Why does McCall feel he should have acted differently when he refuses work while on a prison type plantation in Chapter 19?
8. In Chapter 11, McCall is hustling people and breaking into homes; why does he stop?
9. In Part I, McCall describes the power he gets from having a gun. How does this affect him?
10. In Chapter 19, how and why do McCall's inmates decorate their cells?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)