|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
(a) Steel work.
(b) Iron work.
2. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
3. At St. Brides, McCall is near his home and can have more what?
4. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She is sick.
(b) Her parents are divorcing.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She wants an abortion.
5. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
(a) Work the route.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Drive it.
(d) Steal it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
2. In Chapter 2, readers find that the new black housing development is separated from the poor white neighborhood by what?
3. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
4. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
5. In Chapter 10, McCall talks about gifts under a Christmas tree that he ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 6, why does he expect that his mother should have talked to her boys about sex?
2. How does McCall and Elisabeth's scam affect them and the neighborhood?
3. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
4. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 5, how is McCall affected after being caught shoplifting?
6. In Chapter ,4 McCall is now in a black junior high school, but he is still the new kid; what are some things he does to help him fit in?
7. In Chapter 22, why is McCall hurt by his friends' actions while he is in prison?
8. Early in Part I of the book, McCall presents his "understanding" about white people which is what?
9. What scam do Elisabeth and McCall run in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 19, how and why do McCall's inmates decorate their cells?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)