|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, McCall talks about gifts under a Christmas tree that he ____.
(d) Drops off.
2. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) Current catalogs.
(b) A new start.
(c) An internship.
(d) A job.
3. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) It does not fit.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) His parents might find it.
(d) It's to "hot" to keep.
4. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(d) Pay attention to.
5. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
2. In Chapter 22, McCall comes to realize that many blacks feel education has nothing to do with them so they do what?
3. In Chapter 23, McCall is considering a career in either journalism or what?
4. In Chapter 8, McCall is severely beaten by whom?
5. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how is McCall affected after being caught shoplifting?
2. In the opening chapter when McCall, along with others, is beating the young white boy, what is going on in McCall's head?
3. What scam do Elisabeth and McCall run in Chapter 15?
4. In Part I, why does McCall envy the dirty white children running around in a restaurant?
5. What happens with Plaz and how is McCall's stepfather involved?
6. In Part I of the book, why does McCall think a junior high school was built near the black housing development?
7. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
8. Early in Part I of the book, McCall presents his "understanding" about white people which is what?
9. In Part I, McCall describes the power he gets from having a gun. How does this affect him?
10. In Chapter 19, how and why do McCall's inmates decorate their cells?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)