|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During one of the clashes in Chapter 9, the police arrive and a boy by what name is killed?
(a) Prairie Dog.
2. After July 19, 1973, McCall is soon accepted into how many colleges?
3. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
4. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
(a) Elementary school age.
(d) Middle school age.
5. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) Current catalogs.
(b) An internship.
(c) A new start.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 9, after a boy is killed, who arrives in town with plans for war?
2. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
3. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
4. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
5. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
2. McCall's relationship with Elisabeth Miller keeps him off the streets but raises a different issue. Explain.
3. What does McCall fear about his kids from Debbie and what does he do about it, according to Chapter 34?
4. How does Danny's driving curiosity about race affect his relationship with McCall?
5. Early in Part I of the book, McCall presents his "understanding" about white people which is what?
6. Why does McCall dislike his stepfather's behavior with white people?
7. What happens in Chapter 40 when McCall is challenged by another driver?
8. How does McCall use his new "power" of the gun when chased by group that has beaten him, and how does he feel?
9. How does McCall relate what happens with the manual prison labor in Chapter 19 with his stepfather's teachings?
10. How does McCall and Elisabeth's scam affect them and the neighborhood?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)