|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, McCall is able to discover literature relevant to his life and pass the time, when he is in what place?
(a) Courthouse law library.
(b) Prison library.
(c) Local museum.
(d) Visiting professor's class.
2. In Chapter 4, "pimping" is a kind of what?
(c) Sexual behavior.
3. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(c) Pay attention to.
4. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
5. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
(a) A skateboard.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) The bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14 McCall makes the college honor roll with what grade point average?
2. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
3. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
4. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
5. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCall relate what happens with the manual prison labor in Chapter 19 with his stepfather's teachings?
2. What does McCall realize about his life after Moses Battle teaches him how to play chess in Chapter 17?
3. Why does McCall feel he should have acted differently when he refuses work while on a prison type plantation in Chapter 19?
4. In Part I, McCall describes the power he gets from having a gun. How does this affect him?
5. In Chapter ,4 McCall is now in a black junior high school, but he is still the new kid; what are some things he does to help him fit in?
6. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
7. In Part I, why does McCall envy the dirty white children running around in a restaurant?
8. In Part I of the book, why does McCall think a junior high school was built near the black housing development?
9. Why does McCall dislike his stepfather's behavior with white people?
10. Why is McCall relieved when he is realizes he will have to serve at least 18 months in jail of his sentence of several years for robbing McDonald's?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)