|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even being on the honor roll and adults pulling for his academic success is not enough to pull McCall from his old life, so in Chapter 14 McCall describes going to his college classes ___ or not showing up at all.
2. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
3. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
4. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
5. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
2. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
3. In Chapter 14, McCall considers that he got a light sentence for shooting a man because the man's life was worth so little and because McCall did so well in what?
4. McCall points out that eventually the young boys will give up their fist fighting in favor of what?
5. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
2. How does McCall's advancing knowledge from Jim in Chapter 22 affect McCall's perception of blacks and education?
3. When the new housing development is built for blacks, what does McCall describe as the stated goal and the perceived goal for this project?
4. In Part I of the book, why does McCall think a junior high school was built near the black housing development?
5. In Chapter ,4 McCall is now in a black junior high school, but he is still the new kid; what are some things he does to help him fit in?
6. How does McCall use his new "power" of the gun when chased by group that has beaten him, and how does he feel?
7. What does McCall realize about his life after Moses Battle teaches him how to play chess in Chapter 17?
8. Why does McCall dislike his stepfather's behavior with white people?
9. In Chapter 5, how is McCall affected after being caught shoplifting?
10. How does McCall and Elisabeth's scam affect them and the neighborhood?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)