|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
(a) Long trips.
(b) Gang Bangs.
(c) New city buses.
(d) Drive-bys from rival gangs.
2. In Chapter 21, McCall writes about his sexual frustration, describing how rival gangs even fight over someone whose name is what?
3. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
4. Why does McCall start ignoring his friends after he is named homecoming king?
(a) He goes to a different school.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He gets a job.
5. According to McCall in Chapter 23, after making his career choice, he writes to what college?
(d) Old Dominion.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
2. What is McCall doing in Chapter 15 while his relationships with family deteriorate and McCall becomes more paranoid?
3. In Part I of the book, what is the name of the girl who teaches McCall that dancing can be fun?
4. In Chapter 20, McCall is hurt when the mother of his son announces she is doing what?
5. In Chapter 22, McCall comes to realize that many blacks feel education has nothing to do with them so they do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCall and Elisabeth's scam affect them and the neighborhood?
2. When several of McCall's friends decide to drop out of school, why does McCall stay in school?
3. Why is McCall relieved when he is realizes he will have to serve at least 18 months in jail of his sentence of several years for robbing McDonald's?
4. McCall describes his experience with a "train" being run on someone he cares about. How does McCall feel about this and what leads up to this event?
5. In Chapter 22, why is McCall hurt by his friends' actions while he is in prison?
6. According to McCall in Chapter 6, why does he expect that his mother should have talked to her boys about sex?
7. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
8. In the opening chapter when McCall, along with others, is beating the young white boy, what is going on in McCall's head?
9. In Part I of the book, why does McCall think a junior high school was built near the black housing development?
10. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)