|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
2. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) A rite of passage.
(b) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
(c) To fit in.
(d) Because his friends did it.
3. What kind of vehicle does McCall's stepfather drive that is also a cause for tension at McCall's job?
(a) A work truck.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) An Eldorado.
4. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(b) Christian Sceince.
5. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(a) Sawed-off shot gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
2. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
3. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
4. In Chapter 4, "pimping" is a kind of what?
5. During one of the clashes in Chapter 9, the police arrive and a boy by what name is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Plaz and how is McCall's stepfather involved?
2. In Part I of the book, why does McCall think a junior high school was built near the black housing development?
3. How does McCall's advancing knowledge from Jim in Chapter 22 affect McCall's perception of blacks and education?
4. From Chapter 23, how does McCall's behavior indicate his new found realization that he needs to take actions for the long term?
5. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
6. According to McCall in Chapter 6, why does he expect that his mother should have talked to her boys about sex?
7. In Chapter ,4 McCall is now in a black junior high school, but he is still the new kid; what are some things he does to help him fit in?
8. When the new housing development is built for blacks, what does McCall describe as the stated goal and the perceived goal for this project?
9. What scam do Elisabeth and McCall run in Chapter 15?
10. Why does McCall dislike his stepfather's behavior with white people?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)