|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At St. Brides, McCall is near his home and can have more what?
2. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(c) Sawed-off shot gun.
3. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
(a) As a Man Thinketh.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Rebel Jesus.
4. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
5. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(a) Skipping school.
(d) Vandalizing school property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
2. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
3. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
4. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
5. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCall respond after going to a party in a hostile neighborhood unarmed with his friends and losing one of their own after fleeing shots from rival group?
2. Why does McCall refer to the fighting of whites and among groups and gangs, in Chapter 7 as "dress rehearsal?"
3. In Chapter 5, how is McCall affected after being caught shoplifting?
4. In Part I, McCall describes the power he gets from having a gun. How does this affect him?
5. Why does McCall feel he should have acted differently when he refuses work while on a prison type plantation in Chapter 19?
6. When several of McCall's friends decide to drop out of school, why does McCall stay in school?
7. Why do McCall and his stepfather clash about work in Chapter 10?
8. According to McCall in Chapter 6, why does he expect that his mother should have talked to her boys about sex?
9. McCall describes his experience with a "train" being run on someone he cares about. How does McCall feel about this and what leads up to this event?
10. Why does McCall dislike his stepfather's behavior with white people?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)