|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
2. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(b) The English.
3. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
4. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
(a) A promotion.
(b) A warning.
(c) A demotion.
(d) A pay cut.
5. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
(a) Fit in easier.
(b) An outsider.
(c) So happy.
(d) A target.
7. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
8. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
9. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His bilogical father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
10. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
(a) Hanging with his buddies.
(d) Working an assignment.
11. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Look for another job.
(b) Deal cocaine.
(c) Go back home.
(d) Go to school.
12. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Stay out of trouble.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get your own place.
13. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) A white journalist.
(b) McCall's neighbor.
(c) McCall's boss.
(d) A local politician.
14. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Portsmouth Courier.
(d) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
15. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(a) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the bail to free McCall from jail?
2. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
3. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
4. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
5. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)