|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
2. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(a) Chiily Bear.
3. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
(a) Uncle Tom.
4. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(b) Southern Baptists Association.
(c) Black Panthers.
(d) American Muslim Mission.
5. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) Social scene.
(b) Violent crimes.
(c) The court beat.
6. After St. Brides, McCall notes that he understands why so many return to prison so quickly after freedom because jail provides jail, housing, and ___ for inmates.
(d) Job training.
7. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
8. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
9. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
10. After McCall meets up with his biological father again in Chapter 30, McCall's father tells him to call when he wants to do what?
(a) Go see a ballgame.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Meet his son.
(d) Hang out.
11. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
12. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
13. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(d) Virginia Beach.
14. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
15. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
2. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
3. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
4. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
5. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)