|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
2. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
(a) Working an assignment.
(d) Hanging with his buddies.
3. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(b) Black Panthers.
(c) American Muslim Mission.
(d) Southern Baptists Association.
4. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(b) Old Dominion.
(d) Norfolk State.
5. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Drops out of religious meetings.
(b) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(c) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
(d) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
6. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(c) Chiily Bear.
7. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
8. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
9. In Chapter 36, McCall says that an old friend comes to visit who wants to escape the drug scene from where?
10. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
11. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
12. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
(a) Asks for a chance to be heard.
(b) Withdraws from consideration.
(c) Pretends he made a mistake.
(d) Tells them it should not matter.
13. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
14. Whose advice did McCall take when going to his boss to reveal his prison record, as noted at the end of Chapter 39?
(a) Bill Kovach.
(b) Milton Coleman.
(c) Tom Lippman.
(d) Professor Grant.
15. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Local church leaders.
(c) His friends.
(d) The Muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
2. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
3. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
4. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
5. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)