|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Go back home.
(b) Look for another job.
(c) Deal cocaine.
(d) Go to school.
2. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(b) Drops out of religious meetings.
(c) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(d) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
3. The couple McCall befriends in Chapter 37 will soon be going to what country?
4. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
5. How much is the bail to free McCall from jail?
6. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) The court beat.
(b) Social scene.
(c) Violent crimes.
7. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
(d) Uncle Tom.
8. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
9. Chapter 25 opens with McCall entering what?
(a) Alcohol rehab.
(b) Drug rehab.
(d) Military service.
10. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
11. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His racial sensitivity.
(b) His fear white management.
(c) His prison record.
(d) His desire to be an editor.
12. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Portsmouth Courier.
(d) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
13. McCall describes how he is so racially sensitive he can not enjoy an assignment covering what kind of contest?
(a) Cotton picking.
(b) Watermelon eating.
(d) Corn husking.
14. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(b) His parents.
15. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
2. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
3. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
4. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
5. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)