|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(c) His parents.
2. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
(c) Working an assignment.
(d) Hanging with his buddies.
3. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His bilogical father.
4. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
5. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) His friends.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Local church leaders.
6. What is McCall's biological father's name?
7. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
8. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
9. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) Social scene.
(b) Violent crimes.
(c) The court beat.
10. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Stay out of trouble.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get your own place.
11. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
12. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
13. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(a) Virginia Beach.
14. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) McCall's boss.
(b) McCall's neighbor.
(c) A local politician.
(d) A white journalist.
15. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
Short Answer Questions
1. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
2. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
3. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
4. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
5. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)