|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(c) Collard greens.
2. Chapter 25 opens with McCall entering what?
(a) Alcohol rehab.
(b) Drug rehab.
(c) Military service.
3. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(b) Black Panthers.
(c) American Muslim Mission.
(d) Southern Baptists Association.
4. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
(a) A demotion.
(b) A warning.
(c) A pay cut.
(d) A promotion.
5. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Portsmouth Courier.
(d) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
6. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
7. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His prison record.
(b) His racial sensitivity.
(c) His desire to be an editor.
(d) His fear white management.
8. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
9. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) A local politician.
(b) McCall's boss.
(c) A white journalist.
(d) McCall's neighbor.
10. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
11. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
12. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
13. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
14. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) Her parents.
(b) His friends.
(c) The Muslims.
(d) Local church leaders.
15. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
Short Answer Questions
1. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
2. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
3. McCall describes how he is so racially sensitive he can not enjoy an assignment covering what kind of contest?
4. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
5. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)