|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
2. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) Southern Baptists Association.
(b) American Muslim Mission.
(c) Black Panthers.
3. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(a) The hospital.
(d) At her home.
4. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
5. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His bilogical father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His stepfather.
6. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
7. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
8. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
9. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
(b) His oldest daughter.
(c) His own.
(d) His grandchild.
10. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
11. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
12. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
13. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
(a) The Portsmouth Courier.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(d) The Washington Post.
14. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
(b) Southern California.
15. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
2. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
3. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
4. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
5. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)