|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
2. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(a) Move back home.
(b) Move to D.C.
(c) Work two jobs.
3. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His desire to be an editor.
(b) His racial sensitivity.
(c) His fear white management.
(d) His prison record.
4. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
(a) A warning.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A demotion.
(d) A pay cut.
5. Which one of McCall's kids come to live with him in Chapter 43?
(a) His oldest daughter.
(b) His youngest daughter.
6. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
7. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
8. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
9. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
10. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(a) Old Dominion.
(c) Norfolk State.
11. In Part III of the book, this co-worker, whom McCall befriends, is of what faith?
12. Which brother, according to McCall in Chapter 40, continues to drain his parents' resources?
13. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(b) Washington D.C.
14. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) A white journalist.
(b) A local politician.
(c) McCall's neighbor.
(d) McCall's boss.
15. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(d) The Portsmouth Courier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
2. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
3. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
4. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
5. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)