|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
2. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
3. The couple McCall befriends in Chapter 37 will soon be going to what country?
4. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
5. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(a) Chiily Bear.
6. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(d) Virginia Beach.
7. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
(a) A demotion.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A warning.
(d) A pay cut.
8. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
9. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
10. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
11. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(c) At her home.
(d) The hospital.
12. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
13. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
14. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
15. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
2. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
3. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
4. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
5. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)