|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(a) The hospital.
(c) At her home.
2. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
3. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
4. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
5. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
6. In 1981, McCall begins a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Portsmouth Courier.
(c) The Spartan Echo.
(d) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
7. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
8. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
(a) Asks for a chance to be heard.
(b) Withdraws from consideration.
(c) Tells them it should not matter.
(d) Pretends he made a mistake.
9. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
10. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
11. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
(a) A warning.
(b) A demotion.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A pay cut.
12. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(b) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
(c) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(d) Drops out of religious meetings.
13. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
14. Chapter 25 opens with McCall entering what?
(a) Drug rehab.
(c) Military service.
(d) Alcohol rehab.
15. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(a) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
2. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
3. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
4. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
5. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)