|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(a) Washington D.C.
2. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(c) Norfolk State.
(d) Old Dominion.
3. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
(d) Southern California.
4. After McCall meets up with his biological father again in Chapter 30, McCall's father tells him to call when he wants to do what?
(a) Hang out.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Go see a ballgame.
(d) Meet his son.
5. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) Social scene.
(b) The court beat.
(d) Violent crimes.
6. The couple McCall befriends in Chapter 37 will soon be going to what country?
7. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
8. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
9. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
10. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
11. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
12. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
13. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
14. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His bilogical father.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
(a) Fit in easier.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A target.
(d) So happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, after a change in the newspaper McCall receives what?
2. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
3. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
4. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
5. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)