|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
2. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
(a) A target.
(b) Fit in easier.
(c) An outsider.
(d) So happy.
4. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
5. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) He does not like him.
(b) Stay out of trouble.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get your own place.
6. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(a) Virginia Beach.
7. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(a) Move to D.C.
(c) Move back home.
(d) Work two jobs.
8. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(d) Chiily Bear.
9. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) Southern Baptists Association.
(b) American Muslim Mission.
(c) Black Panthers.
10. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(b) At her home.
(d) The hospital.
11. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
12. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
(b) Uncle Tom.
13. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Go back home.
(c) Deal cocaine.
(d) Look for another job.
14. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) McCall's neighbor.
(b) A local politician.
(c) A white journalist.
(d) McCall's boss.
15. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
Short Answer Questions
1. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
2. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
3. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
4. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
5. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)