|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(a) Move back home.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Move to D.C.
2. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(b) The court beat.
(c) Violent crimes.
(d) Social scene.
3. After McCall meets up with his biological father again in Chapter 30, McCall's father tells him to call when he wants to do what?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go see a ballgame.
(c) Hang out.
(d) Meet his son.
4. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
5. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
6. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His prison record.
(b) His racial sensitivity.
(c) His fear white management.
(d) His desire to be an editor.
7. In Part III of the book, this co-worker, whom McCall befriends, is of what faith?
8. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
9. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
(a) Southern California.
10. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
11. The couple McCall befriends in Chapter 37 will soon be going to what country?
12. In 1981, McCall begins a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Portsmouth Courier.
(c) The Spartan Echo.
(d) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
13. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
14. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
15. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
2. Whose advice did McCall take when going to his boss to reveal his prison record, as noted at the end of Chapter 39?
3. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
4. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
5. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)