|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) Her parents.
(b) His friends.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) The Muslims.
2. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(c) Virginia Beach.
3. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(c) The English.
4. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
(a) Pulls a gun.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Knocks the person down.
(d) Drives on by.
5. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
6. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
7. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
8. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
(b) Cutting Hair.
(c) Cleaning buildings.
(d) Repairing Cars.
9. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(d) Collard greens.
10. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
11. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
12. After St. Brides, McCall notes that he understands why so many return to prison so quickly after freedom because jail provides jail, housing, and ___ for inmates.
(c) Job training.
13. How much is the bail to free McCall from jail?
14. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
15. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
2. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
3. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
4. Which one of McCall's kids come to live with him in Chapter 43?
5. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)