|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
2. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
3. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
4. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
(a) Cutting Hair.
(c) Repairing Cars.
(d) Cleaning buildings.
5. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) American Muslim Mission.
(c) Southern Baptists Association.
(d) Black Panthers.
6. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
7. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
8. Which brother, according to McCall in Chapter 40, continues to drain his parents' resources?
9. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
10. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
(a) Knocks the person down.
(b) Pulls a gun.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Drives on by.
11. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(a) Move back home.
(b) Work two jobs.
(d) Move to D.C.
12. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(b) Collard greens.
13. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
(a) Tells them it should not matter.
(b) Pretends he made a mistake.
(c) Withdraws from consideration.
(d) Asks for a chance to be heard.
14. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) Violent crimes.
(b) Social scene.
(d) The court beat.
15. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
2. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
3. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
4. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
5. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)