|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get your own place.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Stay out of trouble.
(d) Get a job.
2. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
3. After McCall is challenged by someone in Chapter 40, what does he do?
(a) Pulls a gun.
(b) Knocks the person down.
(c) Drives on by.
(d) Walks away.
4. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
5. Upon a trip to visit the kids in what city, is McCall is arrested for non payment of child support?
6. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) Southern Baptists Association.
(b) American Muslim Mission.
(c) Black Panthers.
7. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His racial sensitivity.
(b) His prison record.
(c) His fear white management.
(d) His desire to be an editor.
8. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(a) Chiily Bear.
9. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
10. After St. Brides, McCall notes that he understands why so many return to prison so quickly after freedom because jail provides jail, housing, and ___ for inmates.
(b) Job training.
11. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(b) Norfolk State.
(d) Old Dominion.
12. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(d) The English.
13. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
14. Besides McCall's friends, who helps raise bail money in Chapter 42?
(a) His parents.
15. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
2. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
3. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
4. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
5. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)