|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
(a) Cleaning buildings.
(b) Cutting Hair.
(c) Repairing Cars.
2. Where does McCall visit his new daughter, as noted in Chapter 43?
(b) The hospital.
(c) At her home.
3. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(c) Washington D.C.
4. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Stay out of trouble.
(d) Get your own place.
5. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
6. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) Violent crimes.
(c) Social scene.
(d) The court beat.
7. What is McCall's biological father's name?
8. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
9. Which brother, according to McCall in Chapter 40, continues to drain his parents' resources?
10. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
11. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
(b) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(c) Drops out of religious meetings.
(d) Joins a group to fight this principle.
12. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His stepfather.
13. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
14. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
15. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) Local church leaders.
(b) His friends.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
2. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
3. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
4. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
5. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)