|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The total mortgage and child support McCall has to pay after the divorce in Chapter 41 is how much?
2. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
3. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
4. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
5. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(c) The English.
6. After the birth of his daughter, McCall gives in to pressure to do what?
(a) Work two jobs.
(b) Move back home.
(d) Move to D.C.
7. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
8. Once hired by the newspaper, McCall describes being uncomfortable working what assignment?
(a) The court beat.
(b) Violent crimes.
(d) Social scene.
9. Which one of McCall's kids come to live with him in Chapter 43?
(a) His youngest daughter.
(c) His oldest daughter.
10. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
(a) Drive away.
(b) Get help.
(c) Wait until dark.
(d) Rob the store.
11. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
12. In Chapter 30, McCall recalls that when he and his brothers were really young, their father did not show up to take them where?
13. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
14. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
(b) Southern California.
15. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
2. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
3. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
4. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
5. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)