|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(d) Collard greens.
2. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
(b) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(c) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(d) Drops out of religious meetings.
3. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
4. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
5. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
(a) Get help.
(b) Wait until dark.
(c) Drive away.
(d) Rob the store.
6. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His bilogical father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His mother.
7. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
8. In Chapter 39, McCall interviews for a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(b) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(c) The Portsmouth Courier.
(d) The Washington Post.
9. In Chapter 36, McCall says that an old friend comes to visit who wants to escape the drug scene from where?
10. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
11. Who pressures McCall to marry the young woman he is seeing who is having trouble at her job because of feelings of inferiority?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) His friends.
12. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
13. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
14. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(d) Chiily Bear.
15. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
Short Answer Questions
1. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
2. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
3. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
4. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
5. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)