|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
(a) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(b) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The Portsmouth Courier.
2. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
3. In 1981, McCall begins a job with what newspaper?
(a) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The Portsmouth Courier.
(d) The Spartan Echo.
4. After St. Brides, McCall notes that he understands why so many return to prison so quickly after freedom because jail provides jail, housing, and ___ for inmates.
(c) Job training.
5. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
6. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
7. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(b) Drops out of religious meetings.
(c) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(d) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
(a) An outsider.
(b) A target.
(c) So happy.
(d) Fit in easier.
9. Which brother, according to McCall in Chapter 40, continues to drain his parents' resources?
10. According to McCall in Chapter 43, how old is the daughter he supposedly had from the woman who claims to have had his child?
11. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
12. What is McCall's biological father's name?
13. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
14. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
15. McCall describes how he is so racially sensitive he can not enjoy an assignment covering what kind of contest?
(b) Corn husking.
(c) Watermelon eating.
(d) Cotton picking.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
3. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
4. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
5. When McCall is confronted about leaving his prison record off of his application, what does he do in Chapter 39?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)