|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
2. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
3. In Chapter 36, McCall gets a visit from an old friend by what name?
4. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
5. After St. Brides, McCall notes that he understands why so many return to prison so quickly after freedom because jail provides jail, housing, and ___ for inmates.
(a) Job training.
6. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
7. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
8. After McCall meets up with his biological father again in Chapter 30, McCall's father tells him to call when he wants to do what?
(a) Go see a ballgame.
(b) Hang out.
(c) Meet his son.
(d) Go fishing.
9. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
(b) Chiily Bear.
10. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
11. Whose advice did McCall take when going to his boss to reveal his prison record, as noted at the end of Chapter 39?
(a) Professor Grant.
(b) Tom Lippman.
(c) Bill Kovach.
(d) Milton Coleman.
12. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(a) Washington D.C.
13. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
(b) Southern California.
14. Who is Danny Baum?
(a) McCall's neighbor.
(b) McCall's boss.
(c) A white journalist.
(d) A local politician.
15. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(b) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(c) Drops out of religious meetings.
(d) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, McCall has graduated from college and is looking for a job but he has two strikes against him, one being what?
2. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
3. In Chapter 30, McCall begins to connect with whom but then this person has to move?
4. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
5. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)