|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
2. What is McCall's biological father's name?
3. In Chapter 36, McCall says that an old friend comes to visit who wants to escape the drug scene from where?
4. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
5. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
6. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
7. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
8. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
(a) Collard greens.
9. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
10. In Part III of the book, this co-worker, whom McCall befriends, is of what faith?
11. McCall gives the keynote address at his ___ year high school reunion.
12. To whom is McCall married and they agree to remain so despite problems, according to McCall in Chapter 38?
13. McCall picks what middle name for the child he is expecting in Chapter 32?
14. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Get your own place.
(d) Stay out of trouble.
15. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His desire to be an editor.
(b) His fear white management.
(c) His prison record.
(d) His racial sensitivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
2. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
3. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
4. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
5. In Chapter 27, McCall has graduated from college and is looking for a job but he has two strikes against him, one being what?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)