|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Deal cocaine.
(c) Go back home.
(d) Look for another job.
2. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
3. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
4. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
5. In 1981, McCall graduated with honors from what college?
(a) Old Dominion.
(b) Norfolk State.
6. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get your own place.
(b) He does not like him.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Stay out of trouble.
7. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
8. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
(b) Uncle Tom.
9. According to McCall in Chapter 25, who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and kills himself and his wife?
10. Whose advice did McCall take when going to his boss to reveal his prison record, as noted at the end of Chapter 39?
(a) Bill Kovach.
(b) Professor Grant.
(c) Milton Coleman.
(d) Tom Lippman.
11. In Part III of the book, this co-worker, whom McCall befriends, is of what faith?
12. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
(a) His own.
(c) His oldest daughter.
(d) His grandchild.
13. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
14. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
15. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
Short Answer Questions
1. When having lunch with a white person, McCall notes that he never orders what?
2. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
3. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
4. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
5. What is the name of the guy calling out to McCall from a group of shackled inmates, that McCall recalls almost overdosing at the man's home?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)