|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 29, McCall quotes that he never expected going into the system would make him what?
(a) Fit in easier.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A target.
(d) So happy.
2. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
3. In Chapter 34, McCall moves out and begins doing what?
4. What is the name of the black civil rights leader in Chapter 33 that gives McCall a hard time?
5. As McCall describes his feelings about his assignments in Chapter 29, he reveals that these people are not objective but have feelings and opinions about everything.
6. In Chapter 27, McCall has graduated from college and is looking for a job but he has two strikes against him, one being what?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is male.
(d) He is former addict.
7. In Chapter 44, McCall boils down his life and that of his friends to one word, which is what?
8. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
9. What is the name of McCall's brother that locates McCall's biological father after he has been absent from their lives for so long?
10. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
11. In Chapter 40, McCall talks about the impact of what on young black men?
12. In Part II of the book, McCall reflects on why many return to jail withing first ___ years of release.
13. McCall realizes that he disagrees with the practice of women holding inferior positions in the home so he eventually does what, as noted in Chapter 26?
(a) Joins a group to fight this principle.
(b) Drops out of religious meetings.
(c) Helps his wife overcome this teaching.
(d) Writes a paper about the injustice of this principle.
14. After the divorce in Chapter 41, McCall receives a call from where about a job interview?
(a) The Virginia Pilot-Ledger Star.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(d) The Portsmouth Courier.
15. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman McCall is seeing that is having trouble at work because she feels inferior?
2. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
3. After arriving home from St. Brides, McCall makes arrangements to see whom but feels awkward around this person?
4. In Part III of the book, whose desk is near McCall's and they become friends?
5. In Chapter 24, McCall describes how he has come to appreciate the small things, after arriving home from St. Bride's with whom?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)