|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who gets pregnant after McCall spends a few nights with her?
2. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
3. In Chapter 36, McCall's visiting friend gets a job doing what and becomes disgusted at the low pay?
(a) Repairing Cars.
(b) Cutting Hair.
(c) Cleaning buildings.
4. McCall is challenged one day while he is out doing what, as noted in Chapter 40?
(a) Working an assignment.
(c) Hanging with his buddies.
5. Who is upset about the name McCall chooses in Chapter 32 for his son?
(a) The maternal grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The grandfather.
(d) His grandmother.
6. In Chapter 26, McCall joins this organization due to his professor's influence.
(a) American Muslim Mission.
(c) Southern Baptists Association.
(d) Black Panthers.
7. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(b) The English.
8. In Chapter 41, McCall's divorce leaves him making mortgage payments of what amount?
9. In Chapter 43, this woman claims to have birthed a child father by McCall.
10. In Chapter 42, McCall works where?
(c) Washington D.C.
11. What is McCall's biological father's name?
12. Whose high school graduation does McCall note in Chapter 43?
(a) His own.
(c) His oldest daughter.
(d) His grandchild.
13. In Chapter 31, McCall begins dating what girl who becomes pregnant after a few months?
14. In Chapter 32, McCall has fathered another child; what is the name that the baby's mother has picked for this child?
15. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Get your own place.
(c) He does not like him.
(d) Stay out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1988, who quits the Atlanta Journal-Constitution because of a disagreement with the "bigwigs?"
2. After this person's trial, McCall found a note on his door telling him to give them money or the note writer would tell the "man" about McCall.
3. After thinking about robbing a convenience store in Chapter 24, McCall decides to do what?
4. McCall describes how he is so racially sensitive he can not enjoy an assignment covering what kind of contest?
5. In Part III of the book, McCall describes how he never does this in front of white people?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)