|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disgusted with the low pay of his job, this visiting friend decides to do what instead?
(a) Go back home.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Look for another job.
(d) Deal cocaine.
2. How much is the bail to free McCall from jail?
3. In Part III of the book, McCall is glad mothers are not using the names of _____.
(b) The English.
4. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the person McCall talks about who shoots someone in the back over a basketball game?
5. What is the name of the co-worker's girlfriend that McCall befriends in Chapter 37?
6. As part of the divorce in Chapter 41, how much is the monthly child support?
7. During dinner with program fellows, McCall shares what information with them and they all part closer than they were before?
(a) His prison record.
(b) His desire to be an editor.
(c) His racial sensitivity.
(d) His fear white management.
8. In Chapter 27, McCall has a dinner job interview with an editor and afterward wants to go somewhere "really" what to feel better?
9. McCall has finished his probation, and according to Chapter 31, has a job offer where?
10. After St. Brides, McCall has a probation officer constantly telling him what?
(a) Get your own place.
(b) Stay out of trouble.
(c) Get a job.
(d) He does not like him.
11. How does McCall feel about the trip his co-worker and girlfriend are soon to embark?
12. By the end of Chapter 29, McCall realizes that it is too much for him to have to keep confronting his ____ so he decides he needs to make a deep change.
13. In Chapter 33, what family member's funeral does McCall attend?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His bilogical father.
14. In Chapter 34, the mother of McCall's kids threatens to move back to where?
(c) Virginia Beach.
15. In Chapter 26, a college professor introduces McCall to what religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1981, McCall begins a job with what newspaper?
2. As noted in Chapter 32, what is the name of the detective with whom McCall bonds?
3. In Chapter 33, what does the black civil rights leader accuse McCall of being?
4. Who moves to California, taking McCall's son with them, in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 39, McCall describes his participation in a minorities and workplace racism fellowship which was held at which university?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)