|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assaulted by several guys before she and McCall consummate the act?
2. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(d) Prairie Dog.
3. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
4. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(d) Help at home.
5. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) A job.
(b) A new start.
(c) Current catalogs.
(d) An internship.
6. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
7. In Chapter 14 McCall makes the college honor roll with what grade point average?
8. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
9. When the family arrives at their new home in 1964, McCall's stepfather works full-time and does lawn work part-time to support the family, after retiring from where?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Navy.
10. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
(a) Current newspaper assignment.
(c) Military duty.
(d) Medical supervision.
11. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
12. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(c) Gets waived.
13. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(c) New assignment.
(d) New School.
14. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
(a) As a Man Thinketh.
(b) The Rebel Jesus.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Malcolm X.
15. What is McCall doing in Chapter 15 while his relationships with family deteriorate and McCall becomes more paranoid?
(a) Working and going to school.
(b) Doing jail time.
(c) Doing drugs.
(d) Working two jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
2. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
3. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
4. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
5. In Chapter 18, McCall is able to discover literature relevant to his life and pass the time, when he is in what place?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)