|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She wants an abortion.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her parents are divorcing.
2. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
3. In Chapter 14 McCall makes the college honor roll with what grade point average?
4. In talking about the black hero in Chapter 12, McCall comments that even his stepfather owns what?
(a) A gun.
(b) A house.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A television.
5. In Chapter 14, McCall considers that he got a light sentence for shooting a man because the man's life was worth so little and because McCall did so well in what?
(a) Keeping a job.
(b) Raising his son.
(c) Helping his parents.
(d) First year of college.
6. Who is assaulted by several guys before she and McCall consummate the act?
7. In Chapter 23, McCall is considering a career in either journalism or what?
8. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(b) Junnie and Dwight.
(c) Billy and Dwight.
(d) Billy and Junnie.
9. In Chapter 23, McCall finds himself transferred to St. Bride's which is what type of place?
(a) A new up and coming newspaper.
(b) A minimum security prison.
(c) A private religious compound.
(d) A military installation.
10. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
(a) Medical supervision.
(b) Military duty.
(c) Current newspaper assignment.
11. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(a) Christian Sceince.
12. The wealthier side of the new black housing development is separated from a poorer white neighborhood which is called what?
(a) Academy Park.
(b) Academy Manor.
(c) Cavalier Manor.
(d) Cavalier Park.
13. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
(a) Send his transcripts.
(b) Seek help elsewhere.
(c) Try again next semester.
(d) Enter a contest.
14. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
15. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(a) Vandalizing school property.
(d) Skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
2. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
3. What is the name of the school McCall's parents move him back to after he did not fit in at the white junior high school?
4. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
5. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)