|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I of the book, McCall recalls a moment when this person grabbed one of his brothers and told them to "stop acting like a nigger." Who is this person?
(a) McCall's mother.
(b) McCall's oldest brother.
(c) McCall's stepfather.
(d) A school teacher.
2. In Chapter 11, McCall describes how he begins hustling people and then what?
(a) Hanging out with drug dealers.
(b) Stealing from his parents.
(c) Breaking into homes.
(d) Encouraging his siblings to steal.
3. What is the name of the boy in Part I of the book that McCall and others think is dead, only to find him alive and at home when they return to their neighborhood?
(b) Bryan Keith.
(d) Prairie Dog.
4. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
5. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
(a) His gandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His youngest full brother.
6. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His son.
(b) His youngest sibling.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
7. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
(a) The product.
(b) The cops.
(c) The money.
(d) The people.
8. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
9. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
10. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
11. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
(a) Academy Park.
(c) The new white junior high.
(d) Within the new housing development.
12. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She wants an abortion.
(d) Her parents are divorcing.
13. In Chapter 23, McCall is considering a career in either journalism or what?
14. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
(a) Bryan Keith.
15. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(a) Vandalizing school property.
(c) Skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
2. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
3. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
4. Even being on the honor roll and adults pulling for his academic success is not enough to pull McCall from his old life, so in Chapter 14 McCall describes going to his college classes ___ or not showing up at all.
5. After someone McCall knows is shot by a homeowner while breaking into a home, what does McCall do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)