|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, readers find that the new black housing development is separated from the poor white neighborhood by what?
(b) A swale.
(c) A highway.
2. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
3. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
(a) Work the route.
(b) Drive it.
(c) Paint it.
(d) Steal it.
4. What is the name of the school McCall's parents move him back to after he did not fit in at the white junior high school?
(a) G.T. McClean.
(b) J.L. Phillips.
(d) W.E. Waters.
5. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His youngest sibling.
(d) His grandmother.
6. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(b) Christian Sceince.
7. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
8. McCall learns a lot from a man named Jim who has been _______ for more than a decade.
(d) Military service.
9. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
10. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
(a) The cops.
(b) The product.
(c) The people.
(d) The money.
11. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) A rite of passage.
(b) Because his friends did it.
(c) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
(d) To fit in.
12. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
(a) Dressing in the coolest fads.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Letting go of false friends.
13. McCall is fired from what kind of job after a confrontation with a supervisor?
(c) Lawn Service.
14. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(a) Vandalizing school property.
(b) Skipping school.
15. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
(a) Try again next semester.
(b) Seek help elsewhere.
(c) Enter a contest.
(d) Send his transcripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
2. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
3. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
4. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
5. According to McCall in Chapter 21, who has the men's hormones in turmoil and he hates them for this sexual tension?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)