|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, McCall finds himself transferred to St. Bride's which is what type of place?
(a) A private religious compound.
(b) A new up and coming newspaper.
(c) A minimum security prison.
(d) A military installation.
2. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(c) Sawed-off shot gun.
3. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
4. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
5. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She wants an abortion.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her parents are divorcing.
6. What is the name of the school McCall's parents move him back to after he did not fit in at the white junior high school?
(a) J.L. Phillips.
(b) W.E. Waters.
(c) G.T. McClean.
7. In Chapter 11, McCall describes how he begins hustling people and then what?
(a) Hanging out with drug dealers.
(b) Stealing from his parents.
(c) Encouraging his siblings to steal.
(d) Breaking into homes.
8. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(b) New School.
(c) New assignment.
9. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
(b) Current newspaper assignment.
(c) Military duty.
(d) Medical supervision.
10. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
11. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His youngest sibling.
(d) His son.
12. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
(a) Drive defensively.
(b) Write news articles.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Shoot a gun.
13. According to McCall in Chapter 13, who is liked by his parents for keeping him off the streets?
(b) His best friend.
14. Who does McCall ask to marry him but he is moved to Southampton before the ceremony can take place?
15. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) His parents might find it.
(c) It does not fit.
(d) It's to "hot" to keep.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
2. When the family arrives at their new home in 1964, McCall's stepfather works full-time and does lawn work part-time to support the family, after retiring from where?
3. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
4. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
5. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)