|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, McCall is severely beaten by whom?
(a) The Bombers.
(b) The Downtown Crew.
(c) The Cherry Boys.
(d) The Streers.
2. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
3. In Part I of the book, what is the name of the girl who teaches McCall that dancing can be fun?
4. After someone McCall knows is shot by a homeowner while breaking into a home, what does McCall do?
(a) Shoot the homeowner.
5. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
6. McCall learns a lot from a man named Jim who has been _______ for more than a decade.
(c) Military service.
7. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) A job.
(b) Current catalogs.
(c) A new start.
(d) An internship.
8. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
(a) Shoot a gun.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Write news articles.
(d) Drive defensively.
9. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
10. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(a) Vandalizing school property.
(d) Skipping school.
11. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
12. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
13. Why does McCall start ignoring his friends after he is named homecoming king?
(a) He moves away.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He goes to a different school.
(d) He gets a job.
14. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
15. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
2. According to McCall in Chapter 21, who has the men's hormones in turmoil and he hates them for this sexual tension?
3. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
4. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
5. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)