|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
(b) Leave it to Beaver.
(d) My Three Sons.
2. According to Chapter 4, how many blocks is the walk to the black junior high school near McCall's home in the new black housing development?
3. In Chapter 18, McCall is able to discover literature relevant to his life and pass the time, when he is in what place?
(a) Visiting professor's class.
(b) Courthouse law library.
(c) Local museum.
(d) Prison library.
4. What year did McCall's mother begin her relationship with McCall's biological father?
5. In Chapter 20, McCall is hurt when the mother of his son announces she is doing what?
(b) Seeing someone else.
(c) Filing for divorce.
(d) Putting their son up for adoption.
6. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
7. During one of the clashes in Chapter 9, the police arrive and a boy by what name is killed?
(c) Prairie Dog.
8. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
9. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(c) Prairie Dog.
10. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(c) Christian Sceince.
11. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
12. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(d) Help at home.
13. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
(a) Enter a contest.
(b) Send his transcripts.
(c) Try again next semester.
(d) Seek help elsewhere.
14. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
15. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) Her parents are divorcing.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She wants an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
2. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
3. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
4. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
5. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)