|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His oldest brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His father.
2. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
(b) Bryan Keith.
3. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
(a) Elementary school age.
(b) Middle school age.
4. The wealthier side of the new black housing development is separated from a poorer white neighborhood which is called what?
(a) Cavalier Manor.
(b) Academy Manor.
(c) Academy Park.
(d) Cavalier Park.
5. Why does McCall start ignoring his friends after he is named homecoming king?
(a) He moves away.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He goes to a different school.
(d) He gets a job.
6. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
7. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
8. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
(c) My Three Sons.
(d) Leave it to Beaver.
9. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
10. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
(a) His youngest full brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His gandmother.
(d) His stepfather.
11. As McCall learns more about what process, he finally makes a career choice?
(c) Business systems.
12. After someone McCall knows is shot by a homeowner while breaking into a home, what does McCall do?
(d) Shoot the homeowner.
13. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(b) Sawed-off shot gun.
14. Who does McCall ask to marry him but he is moved to Southampton before the ceremony can take place?
15. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(c) Help at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
2. In Chapter 23, McCall is considering a career in either journalism or what?
3. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
4. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
5. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)