|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wealthier side of the new black housing development is separated from a poorer white neighborhood which is called what?
(a) Cavalier Manor.
(b) Cavalier Park.
(c) Academy Manor.
(d) Academy Park.
2. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(d) Gets waived.
3. After McCall and his friends beat the young man in Chapter 1, what does McCall admit he feared for a moment?
(a) Being arrested.
(b) Having his parents find out.
(c) Not getting in enough hits.
(d) That the victim was dead.
4. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(b) Pay attention to.
5. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
6. At St. Brides, McCall is near his home and can have more what?
7. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
8. In the neighborhood junior high school, McCall learns about putting down others as a competitive conversation called what?
(a) One upmanship.
(b) The dozens.
9. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(b) Prairie Dog.
10. According to McCall in Chapter 23, after making his career choice, he writes to what college?
(b) Old Dominion.
11. What kind of vehicle does McCall's stepfather drive that is also a cause for tension at McCall's job?
(a) A work truck.
(b) An Eldorado.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A Cadillac.
12. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
(a) New city buses.
(b) Long trips.
(c) Drive-bys from rival gangs.
(d) Gang Bangs.
13. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) It does not fit.
(c) It's to "hot" to keep.
(d) His parents might find it.
14. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
15. McCall points out that eventually the young boys will give up their fist fighting in favor of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides McCall's brothers, stepfather and mother, who else lives with the family when they move into their new housing development home?
2. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
3. In Chapter 18, McCall is able to discover literature relevant to his life and pass the time, when he is in what place?
4. In Chapter 16, McCall and his son's mother run a scam that besides them affects other peoples what?
5. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)