|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
2. Who is assaulted by several guys before she and McCall consummate the act?
3. The wealthier side of the new black housing development is separated from a poorer white neighborhood which is called what?
(a) Cavalier Manor.
(b) Academy Manor.
(c) Academy Park.
(d) Cavalier Park.
4. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(c) Sawed-off shot gun.
5. In Chapter 8, McCall is severely beaten by whom?
(a) The Bombers.
(b) The Streers.
(c) The Cherry Boys.
(d) The Downtown Crew.
6. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Billy and Dwight.
(b) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(c) Billy and Junnie.
(d) Junnie and Dwight.
7. In Chapter 10, McCall talks about gifts under a Christmas tree that he ____.
(b) Drops off.
8. In Chapter 23, McCall finds himself transferred to St. Bride's which is what type of place?
(a) A private religious compound.
(b) A new up and coming newspaper.
(c) A military installation.
(d) A minimum security prison.
9. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
10. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
11. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) An internship.
(b) A job.
(c) A new start.
(d) Current catalogs.
12. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) It's to "hot" to keep.
(c) His parents might find it.
(d) It does not fit.
13. In 1964, McCall and his family move into a new housing development called what?
(a) Cavalier Manor.
(b) Academy Park.
(c) Cavalier Park.
(d) Academy Manor.
14. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
(a) Use contaminated land no one else wanted to develop.
(b) Boost the political image of supporting politicians.
(c) Provide new homes for blacks.
(d) Confine blacks to a specific neighborhood.
15. McCall is fired from what kind of job after a confrontation with a supervisor?
(d) Lawn Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
2. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
3. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
4. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
5. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)