|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(d) Gets waived.
2. According to Chapter 4, how many blocks is the walk to the black junior high school near McCall's home in the new black housing development?
3. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
(a) My Three Sons.
(c) Leave it to Beaver.
4. When several of McCall's friends drop out of school, what does McCall give as his reason for staying in school?
(a) Obeying his parents.
(b) Getting an education.
(c) Being close to the girls.
(d) Having access to school equipment.
5. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
(a) A skateboard.
(b) The bus.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A scooter.
6. What is the name of the boy in Part I of the book that McCall and others think is dead, only to find him alive and at home when they return to their neighborhood?
(a) Prairie Dog.
(c) Bryan Keith.
7. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
(b) Middle school age.
(d) Elementary school age.
8. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) It does not fit.
(c) His parents might find it.
(d) It's to "hot" to keep.
9. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
10. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
(a) Shoot a gun.
(b) Write news articles.
(c) Drive defensively.
(d) Play chess.
11. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(b) Christian Sceince.
12. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
13. In talking about the black hero in Chapter 12, McCall comments that even his stepfather owns what?
(a) A house.
(b) A gun.
(c) A television.
(d) A Cadillac.
14. What year did McCall's mother begin her relationship with McCall's biological father?
15. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
(a) As a Man Thinketh.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) The Rebel Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
2. In Chapter 4, "pimping" is a kind of what?
3. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
4. Even being on the honor roll and adults pulling for his academic success is not enough to pull McCall from his old life, so in Chapter 14 McCall describes going to his college classes ___ or not showing up at all.
5. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)