|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
(a) Within the new housing development.
(b) Academy Park.
(d) The new white junior high.
2. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
3. In 1964, McCall and his family move into a new housing development called what?
(a) Academy Park.
(b) Academy Manor.
(c) Cavalier Manor.
(d) Cavalier Park.
4. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
(b) Iron work.
(c) Steel work.
5. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
6. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
(a) Medical supervision.
(b) Military duty.
(c) Current newspaper assignment.
7. Because his parents can not afford anything different, McCall chooses to go to what college?
(a) Norfolk State.
(c) Old Dominion.
8. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
(a) Send his transcripts.
(b) Try again next semester.
(c) Enter a contest.
(d) Seek help elsewhere.
9. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(d) Christian Sceince.
10. At St. Brides, McCall is near his home and can have more what?
11. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(b) Pay attention to.
12. In Chapter 2, readers find that the new black housing development is separated from the poor white neighborhood by what?
(a) A swale.
(c) A highway.
13. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
14. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His oldest brother.
15. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
(a) Write news articles.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Shoot a gun.
(d) Drive defensively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
2. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
3. What is McCall doing in Chapter 15 while his relationships with family deteriorate and McCall becomes more paranoid?
4. As McCall learns more about what process, he finally makes a career choice?
5. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)