|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(b) Gets waived.
2. Who does McCall ask to marry him but he is moved to Southampton before the ceremony can take place?
3. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
4. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
(a) New city buses.
(b) Gang Bangs.
(c) Long trips.
(d) Drive-bys from rival gangs.
5. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
6. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
(b) Prairie Dog.
7. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(a) New School.
(d) New assignment.
8. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her parents are divorcing.
(d) She wants an abortion.
9. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
(a) The money.
(b) The cops.
(c) The product.
(d) The people.
10. When the family arrives at their new home in 1964, McCall's stepfather works full-time and does lawn work part-time to support the family, after retiring from where?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Coast Guard.
11. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His oldest brother.
(d) His girlfriend.
12. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His youngest sibling.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His son.
13. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
14. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
15. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
(a) Military duty.
(c) Current newspaper assignment.
(d) Medical supervision.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McCall in Chapter 23, after making his career choice, he writes to what college?
2. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
3. According to McCall in Chapter 13, who is liked by his parents for keeping him off the streets?
4. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
5. Because his parents can not afford anything different, McCall chooses to go to what college?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)