Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
(a) Enter a contest.
(b) Seek help elsewhere.
(c) Try again next semester.
(d) Send his transcripts.
2. McCall learns a lot from a man named Jim who has been _______ for more than a decade.
(a) Military service.
3. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(b) Sawed-off shot gun.
4. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
5. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Billy and Dwight.
(b) Junnie and Dwight.
(c) Billy and Junnie.
(d) Bryan Keith and Billy.
6. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
(a) Dressing in the coolest fads.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Letting go of false friends.
(d) Taking a bath.
7. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His oldest brother.
8. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
(a) The people.
(b) The cops.
(c) The money.
(d) The product.
9. In Chapter 18, McCall is able to discover literature relevant to his life and pass the time, when he is in what place?
(a) Courthouse law library.
(b) Visiting professor's class.
(c) Prison library.
(d) Local museum.
10. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
(a) She dies.
(b) She suffers permanent brain damage.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She gets lost.
11. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
12. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
13. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His son.
(b) His youngest sibling.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
14. In Chapter 2, readers find that the new black housing development is separated from the poor white neighborhood by what?
(a) A highway.
(d) A swale.
15. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
2. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
3. During one of the clashes in Chapter 9, the police arrive and a boy by what name is killed?
4. According to Chapter 4, how many blocks is the walk to the black junior high school near McCall's home in the new black housing development?
5. While at St. Brides, McCall learns what trade?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)