|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the family arrives at their new home in 1964, McCall's stepfather works full-time and does lawn work part-time to support the family, after retiring from where?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Coast Guard.
2. In Chapter 2, readers find that the new black housing development is separated from the poor white neighborhood by what?
(b) A highway.
(d) A swale.
3. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
4. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His youngest sibling.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
5. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
6. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
(c) Leave it to Beaver.
(d) My Three Sons.
7. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(c) Prairie Dog.
8. In Chapter 11, McCall describes how he begins hustling people and then what?
(a) Stealing from his parents.
(b) Breaking into homes.
(c) Encouraging his siblings to steal.
(d) Hanging out with drug dealers.
9. In 1964, McCall and his family move into a new housing development called what?
(a) Academy Manor.
(b) Academy Park.
(c) Cavalier Park.
(d) Cavalier Manor.
10. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
11. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(d) Pay attention to.
12. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(b) Help at home.
13. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She suffers permanent brain damage.
(d) She gets lost.
14. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Junnie and Dwight.
(b) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(c) Billy and Dwight.
(d) Billy and Junnie.
15. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does McCall's stepfather drive that is also a cause for tension at McCall's job?
2. In talking about the black hero in Chapter 12, McCall comments that even his stepfather owns what?
3. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
4. McCall vows to do what he can to help but has no idea what to do when his girlfriend tells him what?
5. Why does McCall start ignoring his friends after he is named homecoming king?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)