|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does McCall's stepfather drive that is also a cause for tension at McCall's job?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) An Eldorado.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A work truck.
2. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
3. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
4. According to Chapter 4, how many blocks is the walk to the black junior high school near McCall's home in the new black housing development?
5. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
6. During one of the clashes in Chapter 9, the police arrive and a boy by what name is killed?
(c) Prairie Dog.
7. McCall learns a lot from a man named Jim who has been _______ for more than a decade.
(b) Military service.
8. As McCall learns more about what process, he finally makes a career choice?
(c) Business systems.
9. What is the name of the boy shot in McCall's front yard?
(a) Prairie Dog.
10. In Chapter 7, McCall likens all the fighting between groups, gangs, and others as what?
(a) Rite of Passage.
(c) Having fun.
(d) Dress Rehearsal.
11. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
12. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) A rite of passage.
(b) To fit in.
(c) Because his friends did it.
(d) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
13. According to McCall in Chapter 9, after a boy is killed, who arrives in town with plans for war?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) More rival gangs.
(c) The Army Reserve.
(d) The NAACP.
14. In Chapter 20, McCall is hurt when the mother of his son announces she is doing what?
(a) Filing for divorce.
(c) Putting their son up for adoption.
(d) Seeing someone else.
15. In Chapter 22, McCall comes to realize that many blacks feel education has nothing to do with them so they do what?
(a) Challenge the system.
(b) Act out in school.
(c) Commit crimes.
(d) Drop out of public school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
2. What is the name of the school McCall's parents move him back to after he did not fit in at the white junior high school?
3. What is McCall doing in Chapter 15 while his relationships with family deteriorate and McCall becomes more paranoid?
4. The wealthier side of the new black housing development is separated from a poorer white neighborhood which is called what?
5. According to McCall in Chapter 13, who is liked by his parents for keeping him off the streets?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)