|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 23, McCall finds himself transferred to St. Bride's which is what type of place?
(a) A new up and coming newspaper.
(b) A minimum security prison.
(c) A private religious compound.
(d) A military installation.
3. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Rebel Jesus.
(c) As a Man Thinketh.
(d) Malcolm X.
4. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) It does not fit.
(b) His parents might find it.
(c) It's to "hot" to keep.
(d) He does not like it.
5. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
6. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
(a) Prairie Dog.
7. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
(c) Bryan Keith.
8. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
9. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His father.
(c) His oldest brother.
(d) His mother.
10. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(b) Christian Sceince.
11. Who is the person that visits McCall and McCall becomes concerned for this person's health?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His youngest sibling.
12. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) A job.
(b) A new start.
(c) Current catalogs.
(d) An internship.
13. Who is assaulted by several guys before she and McCall consummate the act?
14. According to McCall in Chapter 13, who is liked by his parents for keeping him off the streets?
(d) His best friend.
15. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
2. Why does McCall start ignoring his friends after he is named homecoming king?
3. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
4. How old is McCall when the parents of his former girlfriend want him to testify about her assault?
5. After McCall and his friends beat the young man in Chapter 1, what does McCall admit he feared for a moment?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)