|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(d) Christian Sceince.
2. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
3. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) His parents might find it.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) It does not fit.
(d) It's to "hot" to keep.
4. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(a) New assignment.
(c) New School.
5. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) A rite of passage.
(b) To fit in.
(c) Because his friends did it.
(d) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
6. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
7. When several of McCall's friends drop out of school, what does McCall give as his reason for staying in school?
(a) Having access to school equipment.
(b) Obeying his parents.
(c) Being close to the girls.
(d) Getting an education.
8. As McCall learns more about what process, he finally makes a career choice?
(c) Business systems.
9. In Chapter 22, McCall comes to realize that many blacks feel education has nothing to do with them so they do what?
(a) Act out in school.
(b) Challenge the system.
(c) Drop out of public school.
(d) Commit crimes.
10. In the neighborhood junior high school, McCall learns about putting down others as a competitive conversation called what?
(a) The dozens.
(b) One upmanship.
11. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
(d) Prairie Dog.
12. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
13. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His father.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His oldest brother.
(d) His mother.
14. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
(a) Drive it.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Work the route.
15. When McCall writes to the college in Chapter 23, he explains his situation and asks for what?
(a) A job.
(b) An internship.
(c) A new start.
(d) Current catalogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family arrives at their new home in 1964, McCall's stepfather works full-time and does lawn work part-time to support the family, after retiring from where?
2. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
3. McCall learns a lot from a man named Jim who has been _______ for more than a decade.
4. What kind of vehicle does McCall's stepfather drive that is also a cause for tension at McCall's job?
5. In Chapter 23, McCall finds himself transferred to St. Bride's which is what type of place?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)