|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
(c) Sawed-off shot gun.
2. McCall is fired from what kind of job after a confrontation with a supervisor?
(c) Lawn Service.
3. In Chapter 23, what is the name of the former teacher McCall encounters and wishes to tell that his lessons made a difference?
4. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
(c) Middle school age.
(d) Elementary school age.
5. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(a) Gets waived.
6. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) It's to "hot" to keep.
(b) His parents might find it.
(c) It does not fit.
(d) He does not like it.
7. What is McCall doing in Chapter 15 while his relationships with family deteriorate and McCall becomes more paranoid?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Working and going to school.
(c) Working two jobs.
(d) Doing jail time.
8. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the young man that fights McCall to "toughen" him up?
(a) Prairie Dog.
9. After someone McCall knows is shot by a homeowner while breaking into a home, what does McCall do?
(d) Shoot the homeowner.
10. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(b) Vandalizing school property.
(d) Skipping school.
11. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) A rite of passage.
(b) To fit in.
(c) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
(d) Because his friends did it.
12. According to McCall in Chapter 9, after a boy is killed, who arrives in town with plans for war?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Army Reserve.
(c) More rival gangs.
(d) The NAACP.
13. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
(a) The new white junior high.
(b) Within the new housing development.
(d) Academy Park.
14. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(b) Help at home.
15. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
Short Answer Questions
1. On a weekend furlough in Chapter 22, McCall spends the night with whom and realizes the feeling between them is gone?
2. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
3. What is the name of the boy in Part I of the book that McCall and others think is dead, only to find him alive and at home when they return to their neighborhood?
4. In Chapter 23, the college responds to McCall, telling him to do what?
5. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)