|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one of the clashes between the poor white neighborhood and the new black housing development, what happens to a young black girl?
(a) She gets lost.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She dies.
(d) She suffers permanent brain damage.
2. In Chapter 12, McCall looks at what movie/show and how it affects young black men?
(b) Leave it to Beaver.
(d) My Three Sons.
3. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
(a) Paint it.
(b) Drive it.
(c) Work the route.
(d) Steal it.
4. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
5. In 1964, McCall and his family move into a new housing development called what?
(a) Cavalier Park.
(b) Academy Manor.
(c) Academy Park.
(d) Cavalier Manor.
6. What year did McCall's mother begin her relationship with McCall's biological father?
7. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Billy and Junnie.
(b) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(c) Junnie and Dwight.
(d) Billy and Dwight.
8. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(a) New School.
(d) New assignment.
9. In Part I of the book, McCall recalls a moment when this person grabbed one of his brothers and told them to "stop acting like a nigger." Who is this person?
(a) McCall's mother.
(b) McCall's stepfather.
(c) McCall's oldest brother.
(d) A school teacher.
10. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
11. According to McCall in Chapter 21, who has the men's hormones in turmoil and he hates them for this sexual tension?
(a) A gay man.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) A female teacher.
(d) A female nurse.
12. In Chapter 11, as McCall's successful criminal activities increase, the youngsters in his neighborhood ____ him.
(d) Pay attention to.
13. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
14. According to McCall in Chapter 13, who is liked by his parents for keeping him off the streets?
(a) His best friend.
15. In Chapter 20, McCall is hurt when the mother of his son announces she is doing what?
(a) Filing for divorce.
(c) Seeing someone else.
(d) Putting their son up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is McCall released in February 1978?
2. In Chapter 22, McCall comes to realize that many blacks feel education has nothing to do with them so they do what?
3. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
4. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
5. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)