|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does McCall successfully do with an ice cream truck?
(a) Work the route.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Paint it.
(d) Drive it.
2. The young boy attacked in Chapter 1 is riding what when he is attacked?
(a) The bus.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A skateboard.
3. In Part I of the book, McCall recalls a moment when this person grabbed one of his brothers and told them to "stop acting like a nigger." Who is this person?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) McCall's stepfather.
(c) McCall's mother.
(d) McCall's oldest brother.
4. When several of McCall's friends drop out of school, what does McCall give as his reason for staying in school?
(a) Having access to school equipment.
(b) Being close to the girls.
(c) Getting an education.
(d) Obeying his parents.
5. In Chapter 8, McCall is severely beaten by whom?
(a) The Bombers.
(b) The Downtown Crew.
(c) The Cherry Boys.
(d) The Streers.
6. After McCall does what the college tells him to do in Chapter 23, McCall ____ a year's tuition.
(c) Gets waived.
7. What is the name of the boy in Part I of the book that McCall and others think is dead, only to find him alive and at home when they return to their neighborhood?
(a) Prairie Dog.
(b) Bryan Keith.
8. After losing his job, McCall is soon looking for opportunities to do what?
(b) Help at home.
9. Who does McCall ask to marry him but he is moved to Southampton before the ceremony can take place?
10. In Chapter 23, McCall is introduced to the fundamentals of what religion?
(d) Christian Sceince.
11. In Chapter 17, McCall is taken to this place and McCall notes that how you enter this place says a lot about you; what is this place?
(a) New assignment.
(b) New School.
12. How many bedrooms does the new housing development home have?
13. In what year does McCall briefly attend a white junior high school for purposes of integration?
14. McCall meets a man named Moses Battle who teaches MCall how to do what?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Drive defensively.
(c) Shoot a gun.
(d) Write news articles.
15. In Chapter 3, McCall talks about his family, including his two full bothers whose names are what?
(a) Billy and Dwight.
(b) Bryan Keith and Billy.
(c) Junnie and Dwight.
(d) Billy and Junnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that eventually turns McCall on to religion?
2. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
3. Turning to armed robbery in Chapter 11, McCall takes several things from his victims, except what?
4. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
5. Besides rumbles between gangs, another common occurrence is fighting whom, according to McCall?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)