|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters Eleven through Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days in jail does McCall get for shooting a man in the chest?
2. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
(d) Bryan Keith.
3. In Part I of the book, McCall recalls a moment when this person grabbed one of his brothers and told them to "stop acting like a nigger." Who is this person?
(a) McCall's stepfather.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) McCall's mother.
(d) McCall's oldest brother.
4. As the new kid in the black junior high school, McCall is introduced to the term "getting clean" which means what?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Letting go of false friends.
(c) Dressing in the coolest fads.
(d) Telling the truth.
5. What does McCall reveal to enjoy about school besides the reason he gives his friends for staying in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McCall shoot in the chest after he taunt's McCall's son's mother?
2. In Chapter 11, McCall describes how he begins hustling people and then what?
3. In Chapter 14 McCall makes the college honor roll with what grade point average?
4. McCall briefly turns to selling drugs but stops, admitting in Chapter 15 that besides the pitfalls McCall can't track what well enough to make money?
5. When several of McCall's friends drop out of school, what does McCall give as his reason for staying in school?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)