|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters Eleven through Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the reader discovers that McCall was jealous of his grandmother's affections while she worked as what for a Jewish family?
2. Feeling the power of the gun after shooting at a gang chasing him, McCall goes home in Part I and almost confesses all he has done to whom?
(a) His youngest full brother.
(b) His gandmother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His mother.
3. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
(a) Gang Bangs.
(b) Drive-bys from rival gangs.
(c) Long trips.
(d) New city buses.
4. In Chapter 11, McCall describes how he begins hustling people and then what?
(a) Hanging out with drug dealers.
(b) Encouraging his siblings to steal.
(c) Stealing from his parents.
(d) Breaking into homes.
5. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
(a) To fit in.
(b) A rite of passage.
(c) Because his friends wanted him to do it.
(d) Because his friends did it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
2. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
3. In Chapter 9, McCall and his friends' ongoing feud with one group is interrupted by a new threat from where?
4. What is the name of the girl crowned homecoming queen in Chapter 13?
5. Looking for something else after the scam in Chapter 16, McCall robs a McDonald's and is sentenced to how many years?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)