|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters Six through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to McCall in Chapter 10, backs up his alibi when McCall needs one?
(a) His oldest brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His girlfriend.
2. In Chapter 5, McCall is sent into the juvenile court system after he is caught doing what with his friends?
(b) Vandalizing school property.
(d) Skipping school.
3. In Chapter ,1 McCall and his friends are what age when they attack another young boy?
(a) Elementary school age.
(d) Middle school age.
4. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
(a) Boost the political image of supporting politicians.
(b) Use contaminated land no one else wanted to develop.
(c) Confine blacks to a specific neighborhood.
(d) Provide new homes for blacks.
5. How old is McCall's mother by the time she has birthed three sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, "pimping" is a kind of what?
2. In Chapter 9, McCall is arrested for possession of what?
3. In Part I of the book, McCall recalls a moment when this person grabbed one of his brothers and told them to "stop acting like a nigger." Who is this person?
4. How old was McCall's mother when she began her relationship with McCall's biological father?
5. At one point in Chapter 6, McCall describes "trains" as what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)