|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters Eleven through Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking about the black hero in Chapter 12, McCall comments that even his stepfather owns what?
(a) A television.
(b) A house.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A gun.
2. Whatever McCall sells from the armed robberies is because he does not want it or because what?
(a) It does not fit.
(b) His parents might find it.
(c) It's to "hot" to keep.
(d) He does not like it.
3. After someone McCall knows is shot by a homeowner while breaking into a home, what does McCall do?
(a) Shoot the homeowner.
4. McCall's stepfather takes in a child from his previous marriage who is older than McCall; what is this child's name?
(a) Bryan Keith.
5. In Part I of the book, what is the name of the girl who teaches McCall that dancing can be fun?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even being on the honor roll and adults pulling for his academic success is not enough to pull McCall from his old life, so in Chapter 14 McCall describes going to his college classes ___ or not showing up at all.
2. In Chapter 2, readers discover that many feel the new housing development for blacks was created not to provide equal housing but for what?
3. In Part I of the book, McCall reveals that the reason he starts to steal is not for anything he needs but rather for what?
4. In 1964, McCall and his family move into a new housing development called what?
5. What year did McCall's mother begin her relationship with McCall's biological father?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)