|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
2. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
3. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
4. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
5. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
2. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
3. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
4. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
5. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
6. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
7. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
8. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
9. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
10. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What personal truth does Nicholas realize throughout this novel? What universal truth is shared with the reader in this novel? How do you personally feel about this universal truth? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to Nicholas in this novel? What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to the reader in this novel? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think so many men fell for Conchis' ploys? Do you think this could happen in real-life? Do you think people are that gullible? Why or why not?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)