|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
2. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
3. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
4. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
5. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
Essay Topic 1
What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to Nicholas in this novel? What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to the reader in this novel? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the reader empathize with the character of Nicholas? Do you believe it is justifiable to feel empathy for Nicholas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What events within the novel break down Nicholas' pre-conceptions about himself? What new preconceptions does this lead to? Why do you think this?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)