|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
2. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
3. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
4. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
5. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
2. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
3. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
4. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
5. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
6. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
7. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
8. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
9. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
10. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe Nicholas' actions brought Conchis' game to a predestined conclusion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the character of Conchis? Why do you think he is so manipulative? Do you believe you would have been as compliant as Nicholas was? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What leads Nicholas to become aware that his connection to and feeling for Alison is the beginning of his new personal truth? Does this beginning blossom or fizzle out? How and why do you think this way?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)