|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
2. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
4. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
5. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
Essay Topic 1
Write an analysis of this book based on the context of the writing style, language and development of characterization. Include the writing from beginning of the novel through the end of the novel including specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the reader empathize with the character of Nicholas? Do you believe it is justifiable to feel empathy for Nicholas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the novel's key thematic and narrative point that personal identity and integrity depends on the power of choice? Do you agree with this idea? Why or why not?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)