|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
2. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
3. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
4. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
5. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
2. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
4. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
5. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
6. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
7. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
8. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
9. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
10. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of NIcholas' transformation from the beginning of the novel through the end? Would you describe him at the end as being as selfish, overly indulgent and lazy as he was at the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
What personal truth does Nicholas realize throughout this novel? What universal truth is shared with the reader in this novel? How do you personally feel about this universal truth? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write an analysis of this book based on the consideration the revelation at the novel's conclusion that most all Nicholas experiences is engineered and manipulated by others. Include an examination from beginning of the novel through the end of the novel including specific examples from the text.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)