Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
2. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
3. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
4. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
5. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
Why do you believe the author referred to the villa as "the waiting room?" Do you believe it is an accurate term? Why or why not?
Describe the theme of NIcholas' transformation from the beginning of the novel through the end? Would you describe him at the end as being as selfish, overly indulgent and lazy as he was at the beginning?
What events within the novel break down Nicholas' pre-conceptions about himself? What new preconceptions does this lead to? Why do you think this?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)