|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
2. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
3. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
4. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
5. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
2. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
3. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
4. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
5. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
6. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
7. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
8. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
9. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
10. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of NIcholas' transformation from the beginning of the novel through the end? Would you describe him at the end as being as selfish, overly indulgent and lazy as he was at the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Nicholas' actions brought Conchis' game to a predestined conclusion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Nicholas' relationship with Mrs. de Seitas is angry? Why do you think Nicholas' relationship with JoJo is selfish and shallow? Do you think these reasons are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)