|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession is Leverrier?
2. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
3. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
4. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
5. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think so many men fell for Conchis' ploys? Do you think this could happen in real-life? Do you think people are that gullible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an analysis of this book based on the context of the writing style, language and development of characterization. Include the writing from beginning of the novel through the end of the novel including specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What personal truth does Nicholas realize throughout this novel? What universal truth is shared with the reader in this novel? How do you personally feel about this universal truth? Why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)