|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
2. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
3. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
4. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
5. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
Essay Topic 1
What events within the novel break down Nicholas' pre-conceptions about himself? What new preconceptions does this lead to? Why do you think this?
Essay Topic 2
Write an analysis of this book based on the consideration the revelation at the novel's conclusion that most all Nicholas experiences is engineered and manipulated by others. Include an examination from beginning of the novel through the end of the novel including specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to Nicholas in this novel? What does the author intend to be the biggest shock to the reader in this novel? Why do you think so?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)