|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
2. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
3. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
4. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
5. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
2. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
3. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
4. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
5. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
6. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
7. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
8. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
9. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
10. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an analysis of this book based on the consideration the revelation at the novel's conclusion that most all Nicholas experiences is engineered and manipulated by others. Include an examination from beginning of the novel through the end of the novel including specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In what way does this novel examine the overall idea of relationships between men and women? Do you believe they are described accurately by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What leads Nicholas to become aware that his connection to and feeling for Alison is the beginning of his new personal truth? Does this beginning blossom or fizzle out? How and why do you think this way?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)