|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(a) Beach house.
2. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
3. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must live without sex.
(b) He must move out of the country.
(c) He must live with compassion.
(d) He must change his think about women.
4. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He needs to change.
(b) He can live compassionately.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is sorry.
5. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
(a) Anger and betrayal feelings.
(b) Surprises and elation.
(c) Hope and despair together.
(d) Fragments of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
2. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
3. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
4. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
2. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
3. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
4. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
5. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
6. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
7. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
8. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
9. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
10. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)