|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
2. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
(a) She will never be found.
(b) She has been won over.
(c) She has been browbeaten.
(d) She is actually dead.
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is reserved.
(d) She is surprised.
4. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) A secret about Conchis.
(b) A good reference.
(c) A new position in a different area.
(d) An additional stipend.
5. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) The love between a man and a woman.
(b) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(c) Alison's life.
(d) Eternal mother goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
2. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
3. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
4. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
5. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
2. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
3. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
4. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
5. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
6. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
7. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
8. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
9. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
10. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)