|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(b) Lily has left the villa.
(c) He has been returned to the school.
(d) Conchis is angry with him.
2. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Conchis's father's death.
(b) Lily's death.
(c) Nicholas's birth.
(d) Nygaard's encounter with God.
3. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to look for Alison again.
(b) Not to continue to search out clues.
(c) Not to act with vengeance.
(d) Not to do any harm to those involved.
4. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
5. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(b) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(c) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(d) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
2. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
3. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
4. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
5. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
2. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
3. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
4. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
5. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
6. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
7. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
8. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
9. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
10. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)