|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Conchis's father's death.
(b) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(c) Nicholas's birth.
(d) Lily's death.
2. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A piece of pottery.
(c) The keys to the villa.
(d) A picture of Lily.
3. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Alison.
(b) A letter from Lily.
(c) An invitation from Conchis.
(d) A pink slip.
4. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
(b) She has twin daughters.
(c) She often travels to Greece.
(d) She has suffered from a head injury.
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
2. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
3. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
4. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
5. What information came to light about Mitford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
2. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
3. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
4. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
5. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
6. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
7. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
8. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
9. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
10. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)