|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
(a) With Alison.
(b) In Athens.
(c) With Joe.
(d) On Conchis' yacht.
2. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
3. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To the villa.
(b) To meet Alison.
(c) To contemplate his life.
(d) To start a new life.
4. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(b) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(c) Julie is violently grabbed.
(d) June kills Julie.
5. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Alison.
(b) An invitation from Conchis.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) A letter from Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
2. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
3. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
4. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
5. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
2. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
3. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
4. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
5. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
6. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
7. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
8. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
9. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
10. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)