|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is still drugged.
(b) He is still bound.
(c) He does not wish to leave.
(d) He is under constant guard.
2. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(b) He is married to Alison.
(c) He is waiting for him in England.
(d) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
3. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) Film projector and screen.
(b) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(c) The missing things from the house.
(d) More actors dressed in war attire.
4. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She backs away.
(b) She kisses him back.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She begins to cry.
5. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) In traditional Greek clothing.
(b) As a businessman.
(c) As a woman.
(d) In WWII clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
2. What profession is Leverrier?
3. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
4. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
5. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
3. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
4. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
5. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
6. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
7. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
8. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
9. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
10. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)