|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Searching for Conchis.
(b) Plotting his revenge.
(c) Finding Alison.
(d) Talking to Leverrier.
2. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) How to seduce Julie.
(b) How to help Julie and June escape.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) When he can return to the villa safely.
3. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(b) Research Joe.
(c) Contact Alison.
(d) Search for Conchis in Athens.
4. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Striking her.
(b) Yelling at her.
(c) Making love to her.
(d) Undressing her.
5. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To the villa.
(b) To contemplate his life.
(c) To meet Alison.
(d) To start a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
2. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
3. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
4. What profession is Leverrier?
5. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
2. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
3. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
4. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
5. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
6. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
7. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
8. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
9. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
10. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)