|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) How to help Julie and June escape.
(b) How to seduce Julie.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) When he can return to the villa safely.
2. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(b) Beach house.
3. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) The missing things from the house.
(b) More actors dressed in war attire.
(c) Film projector and screen.
(d) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
4. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
5. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Lie in waiting.
(c) Move in and live there.
(d) Burn it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
2. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
3. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
4. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
5. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
3. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
4. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
5. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
6. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
7. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
8. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
9. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
10. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)