|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
(a) She is reserved.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is doubtful.
2. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
(a) She will never be found.
(b) She is actually dead.
(c) She has been won over.
(d) She has been browbeaten.
3. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) Film projector and screen.
(b) More actors dressed in war attire.
(c) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(d) The missing things from the house.
4. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
5. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
(a) On Conchis' yacht.
(b) With Alison.
(c) In Athens.
(d) With Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
2. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
3. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
4. Who does June claim has been following her?
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
2. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
3. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
4. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
5. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
6. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
7. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
8. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
9. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
10. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)