|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Searching for Conchis.
(b) Plotting his revenge.
(c) Finding Alison.
(d) Talking to Leverrier.
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(b) To pretend they have made love.
(c) To keep up the masque.
(d) To marry her.
3. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He needs to change.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He can live compassionately.
4. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis is angry with him.
(b) Lily has left the villa.
(c) He has been returned to the school.
(d) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
2. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
3. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
4. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
5. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)