|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A picture of Lily.
(c) A piece of pottery.
(d) The keys to the villa.
2. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) He will never see Julie again.
(b) The villa will be destroyed.
(c) Conchis will be gone.
(d) He will be sent away from Greece.
4. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) The love between a man and a woman.
(b) Alison's life.
(c) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(d) Eternal mother goddess.
5. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Leverrier and Mitford.
(b) Theatrical masques.
(d) Julie and June.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
2. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
3. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
4. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
2. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
3. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
4. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
5. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
6. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
7. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
8. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
9. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
10. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)