|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Plotting his revenge.
(b) Talking to Leverrier.
(c) Finding Alison.
(d) Searching for Conchis.
2. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
(b) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(c) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(d) Resigned to his masque being over.
3. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Tell him everything.
(b) Move in with him.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Help her escape.
4. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He is brothers with Conchis.
(b) He was arrested for rape.
(c) He was married to Lily.
(d) He was convicted of passing checks.
5. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
(a) Anger and betrayal feelings.
(b) Surprises and elation.
(c) Hope and despair together.
(d) Fragments of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
2. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
3. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
4. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
5. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
2. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
3. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
4. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
5. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
6. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
7. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
8. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
9. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
10. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)