|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
(a) Anger and betrayal feelings.
(b) Hope and despair together.
(c) Fragments of freedom.
(d) Surprises and elation.
2. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(b) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(c) Resigned to his masque being over.
(d) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
3. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Theatrical masques.
(c) Julie and June.
(d) Leverrier and Mitford.
4. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Lie in waiting.
(c) Move in and live there.
(d) Burn it down.
5. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does June claim has been following her?
2. What profession is Leverrier?
3. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
4. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
5. What information came to light about Mitford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
2. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
3. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
4. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
5. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
6. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
7. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
8. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
9. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
10. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)