|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Extremely harsh.
(b) Relatively lenient.
(c) Surprisingly easy.
(d) Exactly the same as other areas.
2. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Contact Alison.
(b) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(c) Research Joe.
(d) Search for Conchis in Athens.
3. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A gun.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A knife.
4. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He will soon be released.
(b) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
(c) He is to be killed.
(d) He will be taken before a court and judged.
5. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Shoves him to the ground.
(b) Threatens to kill him.
(c) Gags him.
(d) Punches him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
2. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
3. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
4. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
5. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
3. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
4. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
5. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
6. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
7. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
8. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
9. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
10. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)