|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
2. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) He has been returned to the school.
(b) Conchis is angry with him.
(c) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(d) Lily has left the villa.
3. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Theatrical masques.
(b) Leverrier and Mitford.
(c) Julie and June.
4. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Nicholas's birth.
(b) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(c) Lily's death.
(d) Conchis's father's death.
5. What does Nicholas noticed have disappeared?
(a) Maria's clothes.
(b) Several pieces of art.
(c) His bedroom furniture.
(d) Julie, June and Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
2. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
3. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
4. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
5. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
3. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
4. What replies does Nicholas get to his letters about Julie and how does this make him feel?
5. What does Mitford tell Nicholas?
6. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
7. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
8. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
9. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
10. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)