|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does June claim has been following her?
2. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was married.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She was seriously injured.
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is reserved.
4. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
(a) The keys to the villa.
(b) A piece of pottery.
(c) A picture of Lily.
(d) A letter of recommendation.
5. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He can live compassionately.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He needs to change.
(d) He is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
2. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
3. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
4. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
5. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
2. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
4. What does Nicholas speculate about the 'Nazis' and what happens to him?
5. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
6. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
7. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
8. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
9. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
10. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)