|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As another childhood neighbor.
(b) As a newspaper reporter.
(c) As someone interested in her personally.
(d) As doing research on Conchis.
2. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) Conchis will be gone.
(b) He will never see Julie again.
(c) The villa will be destroyed.
(d) He will be sent away from Greece.
3. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is under constant guard.
(b) He does not wish to leave.
(c) He is still bound.
(d) He is still drugged.
4. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) It is in the script.
(b) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
(c) She has nervous fear.
(d) Conchis has ordered it.
5. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She was seriously injured.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She had syphilis.
(d) She was married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
2. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
4. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
5. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)