|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(d) Beach house.
2. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A gun.
3. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To start a new life.
(b) To the villa.
(c) To meet Alison.
(d) To contemplate his life.
4. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(b) Leverrier and Mitford.
(c) Julie and June.
(d) Theatrical masques.
5. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He was convicted of passing checks.
(c) He is brothers with Conchis.
(d) He was married to Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
2. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
3. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
4. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
5. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
2. What happens when Nicholas sees Lily again and what does he tell her about his weekend with Alison?
3. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
4. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
5. In addition to the script, what other item does Nicholas find in the underground cavern?
6. What happens to Nicholas as he follows Julie to the house?
7. What does Nicholas challenge Alison to accept?
8. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
9. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
10. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)