|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) In the simulated attack.
(b) From history books.
(c) At the school.
(d) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
2. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
(a) Fragments of freedom.
(b) Surprises and elation.
(c) Anger and betrayal feelings.
(d) Hope and despair together.
3. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The defender's chair.
(b) The captain's chair.
(c) The judge's chair.
(d) The prosecutor's chair.
4. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) The missing things from the house.
(b) More actors dressed in war attire.
(c) Film projector and screen.
(d) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) He has been returned to the school.
(b) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(c) Conchis is angry with him.
(d) Lily has left the villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
2. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
3. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
4. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
5. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Julie when they are alone and how does she respond?
2. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
3. Who visits Nicholas and what purpose does Nicholas believe this visit serves?
4. What new relationship does Conchis share with Nicholas?
5. What does Nicholas see at the end of the long procession that is carried by four men and what is the purpose of this item?
6. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
7. What factual elements does Nicholas realize were present in Conchis' masque?
8. How does Nicholas feel about his reactions to Conchis' tests?
9. In what way does Nicholas surprise Conchis?
10. Why does Leverrier refuse to speak with Nicholas about his personal experience at the villa?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)