|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
(a) An unstable relative.
(b) The true story of his time in Germany.
(c) Nazi war criminals.
(d) A daughter, wife or mistress.
2. How does Nicholas find Athens?
3. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) Published Poet.
(b) Self-involved child.
(c) Disinterested Teacher.
(d) User of women.
4. What does Nicholas tell Conchis about love?
(a) He has never felt love.
(b) He doesn't really know what it is.
(c) He thinks he is in love with Alison.
(d) He has been in love before in his life.
5. What wakes Alison and Nicholas up?
(c) Wandering shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Alison training for?
2. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
3. Which of the following is a priapus?
4. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
5. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Nicholas come to in regard to Alison and then about himself?
2. What does Nicholas read and what is it about?
3. What does Nicholas see when he goes downstairs himself after Conchis heads upstairs?
4. What does Nicholas decide about meeting Alison and what does he resolve to do about it?
5. What does Nicholas think Conchis is doing to him and how does that relate to Levierre and Mitford?
6. While Nicholas is walking back to the school after his weekend with Conchis, what does he feel as though he entered?
7. What happens to Nicholas' interest in Alison and what does she plan on doing because of this?
8. What does the main character of this novel learn and how long does he have to gather this information?
9. What does Nicholas discover when he is heading to his favorite part of the island on his hike and how does he feel upon this discovery?
10. What decisions did Conchis come to in regard to war and what did this make him determined to do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)