|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas apologizes?
(a) He says that he is not offended.
(b) He ignores Nicholas.
(c) He walks away from Nicholas.
(d) He accepts the apology.
2. What does Nicholas think Conchis' events the following evening will have to do with?
(a) Sexual education.
(b) Psychic communication.
(c) Musical appreciation.
3. Where does this story take place?
4. What sort of people does Conchis hint that Nicholas is?
5. Which of the following characters owns the villa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas find when he returns to school?
2. Why doesn't Nicholas reveal his feelings to the female visitor?
3. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
4. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
5. What does Nicholas resolve not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
2. What information does Conchis volunteer to Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas do once he returns to school in regards to the villa?
4. What kind of novel is this novel and how does the narrative structure play into this framework?
5. What does Nicholas think about as he lies down and reflects on Conchis and how does Nicholas feel about this?
6. How does Conchis describe the series of events that brought him to where he is today and how does he indicate it has affected him?
7. How does the character of Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas and what does he speak mysteriously about?
8. How does Nicholas feel about the boys and his colleagues at the school?
9. What shocks Nicholas when he is looking around the music room?
10. What does Conchis tell Nicholas happened to him after he safely makes it back to England?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)