|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
2. How does Nicholas respond to Alison's emotional reaction?
(c) Equal anger.
(d) He gives her no response.
3. How many English speaking teachers are there at Nicholas' school?
4. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
(a) Incomprehensible pain with no reward.
(b) Candor and surprise mixed with grief and death.
(c) Surprises of character and strength.
(d) Young men vowing to take a chance on dying.
5. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(b) Looking around the music room.
(c) Walking on the beach.
(d) Exploring his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
2. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
3. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
5. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the character of Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas and what does he speak mysteriously about?
2. What truth does Julie share with Nicholas and what information does she share about the person called Anubis?
3. What does Nicholas do to try to reconcile with Alison and what does he say?
4. What conclusions did Nicholas draw about what was happening to him at Bourani?
5. What does Conchis tell Nicholas happened to him after he safely makes it back to England?
6. As Alison and Nicholas walk back toward town, what does Nicholas become more aware of and what does he then tell Alison as a result?
7. What does Nicholas observe after he releases Lily and watches her go?
8. As Nicholas and Conchis are walking back to the house and pass the Poseidon statue, what does Lily admit to Nicholas?
9. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
10. How does Conchis describe the series of events that brought him to where he is today and how does he indicate it has affected him?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)