|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alison do when she and Nicholas return to her hotel room?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Their argument turns violent.
(c) She throws things at him.
(d) She locks him out.
2. Which of the following is a priapus?
(a) Representation of an ancient fertility god.
(b) Central character in a Shakespeare play.
(c) Woman's glove.
(d) Nazi war crimes.
3. When were the huts at the top of Parnassus abandoned?
(a) During the rainy season.
(b) End of WWI.
(c) Early Greek civilization.
(d) End of WWII.
4. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(c) Sad but ready for a change.
(d) Like singing.
5. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he watched his friends die.
(b) When he was wounded in battle.
(c) When he returned safely from the battles.
(d) When he posed as a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Alison training for?
2. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
3. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
4. What does Conchis want Nicholas to tell him about?
5. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What four events does Conchis share with Nicholas as he begins the story of his life?
2. How does Conchis describe the series of events that brought him to where he is today and how does he indicate it has affected him?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas happened to him after he safely makes it back to England?
4. What does Nicholas consider when he realizes that he is a very bad poet and what actually happens?
5. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
6. What does Nicholas do once he returns to school in regards to the villa?
7. What does the main character of this novel learn and how long does he have to gather this information?
8. What kind of novel is this novel and how does the narrative structure play into this framework?
9. What happens to Nicholas' interest in Alison and what does she plan on doing because of this?
10. What does Nicholas observe after he releases Lily and watches her go?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)