|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
(b) Genital Warts.
2. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(b) Exploring his bedroom.
(c) Looking around the music room.
(d) Walking on the beach.
3. What country does Conchis go to after he leaves England?
4. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
(a) Without reason, life is meaningless.
(b) It is possible to communicate with other life forms.
(c) It is necessary to be at one with nature.
(d) Life is all an illusion.
5. What does Nicholas continue to search for in the bathroom and around the house?
(a) Journals or other indications of past memories.
(b) More pieces of art.
(c) Hidden passageways.
(d) Signs of femininity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
2. Which of the following characters was Nicholas' predecessor at the school?
3. What does Nicholas tell the gatekeeper when he returns his gun?
4. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
5. When did conversation between Nicholas and Conchis become particularly difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conchis tell Nicholas happened to him after he safely makes it back to England?
2. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
3. What happens to Nicholas when he accompanies Demetriades and what does he do about this?
4. As Nicholas and Conchis are walking back to the house and pass the Poseidon statue, what does Lily admit to Nicholas?
5. What four events does Conchis share with Nicholas as he begins the story of his life?
6. What discovery does Nicholas make in Conchis' home and what very specific information about one of the items does Nicholas learn?
7. What kind of novel is this novel and how does the narrative structure play into this framework?
8. What does Nicholas consider when he realizes that he is a very bad poet and what actually happens?
9. What discussion takes place in regard to the voices heard by Nicholas the night before?
10. What had changed in the room Nicholas was using when he stayed at Conchis' villa and how was it different?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)