|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
(d) Genital Warts.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is located in Italy.
(b) It is a private school.
(c) It is an all girl's school.
(d) It is a college.
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Nicholas feels about his experiences at the school so far?
4. What does Nicholas first think that Conchis may be concealing?
(a) An unstable relative.
(b) The true story of his time in Germany.
(c) Nazi war criminals.
(d) A daughter, wife or mistress.
5. Which of the following words best describes how Nicholas slept after seeing who he thought was Lily?
(a) With many dreams.
(b) He didn't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
2. What condition does Conchis put on Nicholas' ability to return to the villa?
3. What does Nicholas think Conchis' events the following evening will have to do with?
4. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
5. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas do once he returns to school in regards to the villa?
2. What does Nicholas receive from Maria and what is contained in what he receives?
3. What discovery did Conchis describe in relation to Lily and where did he believe those feelings came from?
4. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
5. What does Nicholas consider when he realizes that he is a very bad poet and what actually happens?
6. As Nicholas and Conchis are walking back to the house and pass the Poseidon statue, what does Lily admit to Nicholas?
7. How does Alison respond to Nicholas and what realization does he come to after receiving her response?
8. What kind of novel is this novel and how does the narrative structure play into this framework?
9. Why does Nicholas say that he will not be able to have sex with her and how does she decide to handle this news?
10. What shocks Nicholas when he is looking around the music room?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)