|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
2. What has changed in Nicholas' room?
(a) New reading material.
(b) New art work.
(c) New clothing.
(d) New bed.
3. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
(a) They are stacked against those who fight and the societies that insist upon it.
(b) They decrease exponentially the longer the battle.
(c) They always result in negative consequences.
(d) They increase greatly depending on intelligence.
4. What does Nicholas find when he returns to school?
(a) A book sent to him by Conchis.
(b) A picture of Lily.
(c) Letter from Alison.
(d) Student revolt.
5. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
(a) Society for Reason.
(b) Society to Help Others.
(c) Society Against War.
(d) Society to Provide Relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the character of Miftord?
2. Why did Conchis join the British army?
3. What does Nicholas tell the gatekeeper when he returns his gun?
4. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
5. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas see when he goes downstairs himself after Conchis heads upstairs?
2. What does Nicholas observe after he releases Lily and watches her go?
3. What discovery does Nicholas make in Conchis' home and what very specific information about one of the items does Nicholas learn?
4. What does Nicholas do once he returns to school in regards to the villa?
5. What information does Conchis volunteer to Nicholas?
6. What happens to Nicholas' interest in Alison and what does she plan on doing because of this?
7. What happens to Nicholas when he accompanies Demetriades and what does he do about this?
8. What realization does Nicholas come to in regard to Alison and then about himself?
9. As Alison and Nicholas walk back toward town, what does Nicholas become more aware of and what does he then tell Alison as a result?
10. What does Nicholas decide about meeting Alison and what does he resolve to do about it?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)