|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Walking on the beach.
(b) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(c) Exploring his bedroom.
(d) Looking around the music room.
2. Where do Nicholas and Alison meet?
(d) Coffee shop.
3. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
(a) Genital Warts.
4. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(b) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
(c) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
(d) That Conchis was called away.
5. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He asks no questions.
(b) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
(c) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(d) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
2. Which of the following characters owns the villa?
3. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
4. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
5. How does Conchis explain war to Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Alison and Nicholas walk back toward town, what does Nicholas become more aware of and what does he then tell Alison as a result?
2. How does the character of Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas and what does he speak mysteriously about?
3. What had changed in the room Nicholas was using when he stayed at Conchis' villa and how was it different?
4. Why does Nicholas say that he will not be able to have sex with her and how does she decide to handle this news?
5. How does Nicholas feel about the boys and his colleagues at the school?
6. Who does Nicholas contact via letter and what does he hope to happen because of the letter?
7. What happens to Nicholas when he accompanies Demetriades and what does he do about this?
8. How did Conchis describe his time in Word War II and how it affected him?
9. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
10. What four events does Conchis share with Nicholas as he begins the story of his life?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)