|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
(c) Music room.
2. When did Conchis return to Europe?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When he got word that Lily was killed.
(c) When the war was over.
(d) When he finished his education.
3. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
(a) Animal habitation.
(b) Feminine habitation.
(c) Masculine habitation.
(d) Bird habitation.
4. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
(b) Talks to him.
(c) Reaches out to him.
5. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him it was Lily.
(b) He tells him to be patient.
(c) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(d) He tells him he was hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description Conchis uses as related to Nicholas?
2. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
3. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
4. What does Nicholas think Conchis' events the following evening will have to do with?
5. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Nicholas and Conchis are walking back to the house and pass the Poseidon statue, what does Lily admit to Nicholas?
2. What information does Conchis volunteer to Nicholas?
3. What shocks Nicholas when he is looking around the music room?
4. How does Nicholas feel about the boys and his colleagues at the school?
5. What happens to Nicholas' interest in Alison and what does she plan on doing because of this?
6. As Alison and Nicholas walk back toward town, what does Nicholas become more aware of and what does he then tell Alison as a result?
7. How does the character of Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas and what does he speak mysteriously about?
8. What does Nicholas do once he returns to school in regards to the villa?
9. What relationship did Conchis tell Nicholas about and in what way was he like Conchis?
10. What decisions did Conchis come to in regard to war and what did this make him determined to do?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)