|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
(a) Mount Parnassus and Delphi.
(b) To Bourani.
(d) On a trip around the countryside.
2. What does Conchis use to distract Lily?
(a) Helping to reconstruct a garden wall.
(b) Making tea.
(c) Talking about the telegram.
(d) Hypnotizing Nicholas.
3. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Visiting bars.
(b) Going out to brothels.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Studying for teaching exams.
4. How does Conchis explain Lily's twin sister?
(a) He says that she has a split personality.
(b) He says he doesn't know what he is talking about.
(c) He says Nicholas created her.
(d) He says she does not exist.
5. What does Conchis tell Nicholas he will be conducting the following evening?
(a) Poetry reading.
(b) Musical performance.
(c) Art show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
2. What does Nicholas do when he returns to his room instead of preparing to sleep?
3. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
4. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
5. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas' interest in Alison and what does she plan on doing because of this?
2. What discussion takes place in regard to the voices heard by Nicholas the night before?
3. What shocks Nicholas when he is looking around the music room?
4. What does Nicholas notice in the house after he finishes his swim and what information does he learn?
5. What discovery did Conchis describe in relation to Lily and where did he believe those feelings came from?
6. What does Alison tell Nicholas when he accuses her of lying?
7. What happens to Nicholas when he accompanies Demetriades and what does he do about this?
8. What does Nicholas read and what is it about?
9. How does Nicholas feel about Julie and Alison in this section?
10. As Alison and Nicholas walk back toward town, what does Nicholas become more aware of and what does he then tell Alison as a result?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)