|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Conchis study when he was in Argentina?
2. How does Nicholas respond to Alison's emotional reaction?
(a) Equal anger.
(d) He gives her no response.
3. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
4. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
(a) Hanging out with students.
(b) Secluding himself in his room.
(c) Drinking and visiting brothels.
(d) Studying for further exams.
5. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
2. What does Nicholas realize about the telegram from Alison?
3. Why did Conchis join the British army?
4. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
5. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alison respond to Nicholas and what realization does he come to after receiving her response?
2. What does Nicholas consider when he realizes that he is a very bad poet and what actually happens?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas happened to him after he safely makes it back to England?
4. While Nicholas is walking back to the school after his weekend with Conchis, what does he feel as though he entered?
5. What does Nicholas observe after he releases Lily and watches her go?
6. What decisions did Conchis come to in regard to war and what did this make him determined to do?
7. As Nicholas and Conchis are walking back to the house and pass the Poseidon statue, what does Lily admit to Nicholas?
8. What kind of novel is this novel and how does the narrative structure play into this framework?
9. What discovery did Conchis describe in relation to Lily and where did he believe those feelings came from?
10. What shocks Nicholas when he is looking around the music room?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)