|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(b) Conchis is angry with him.
(c) He has been returned to the school.
(d) Lily has left the villa.
2. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) From history books.
(b) In the simulated attack.
(c) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
(d) At the school.
3. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
(a) She is actually dead.
(b) She has been browbeaten.
(c) She has been won over.
(d) She will never be found.
4. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She has nervous fear.
(b) It is in the script.
(c) Conchis has ordered it.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
5. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(d) Beach house.
6. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) He will be sent away from Greece.
(b) He will never see Julie again.
(c) Conchis will be gone.
(d) The villa will be destroyed.
7. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She was married.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She was seriously injured.
8. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To contemplate his life.
(c) To the villa.
(d) To start a new life.
9. What does Nicholas noticed have disappeared?
(a) His bedroom furniture.
(b) Maria's clothes.
(c) Julie, June and Joe.
(d) Several pieces of art.
10. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must move out of the country.
(b) He must live with compassion.
(c) He must change his think about women.
(d) He must live without sex.
11. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He will be taken before a court and judged.
(b) He is to be killed.
(c) He will soon be released.
(d) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
12. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Tell him everything.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Help her escape.
13. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
14. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He needs to change.
(b) He is sorry.
(c) He can live compassionately.
(d) He loves her.
15. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to go get Joe.
(b) She has heard Conchis return.
(c) She needs to go find her sister.
(d) She needs to get the next page of her script.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
2. Who does June claim has been following her?
3. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
4. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
5. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)