|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She often travels to Greece.
(b) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
(c) She has suffered from a head injury.
(d) She has twin daughters.
2. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
(b) He is married to Alison.
(c) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(d) He is waiting for him in England.
3. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(b) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(c) Contact Alison.
(d) Research Joe.
4. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
5. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Resumes and professional pictures.
(b) Letters from Conchis.
(c) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(d) Scripts and movie credits.
6. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
(a) The school.
(b) The cave.
(c) The villa.
(d) Conchis' yacht.
7. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
8. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He needs to change.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He can live compassionately.
(d) He is sorry.
9. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She kisses him back.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She backs away.
10. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) He has been returned to the school.
(b) Conchis is angry with him.
(c) Lily has left the villa.
(d) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
11. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
(a) She will never be found.
(b) She has been won over.
(c) She has been browbeaten.
(d) She is actually dead.
12. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(b) Secrets he can uncover.
(c) The truth.
13. Who does June claim has been following her?
14. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Alison's life.
(b) Eternal mother goddess.
(c) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(d) The love between a man and a woman.
15. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to go get Joe.
(b) She needs to go find her sister.
(c) She has heard Conchis return.
(d) She needs to get the next page of her script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
2. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
4. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
5. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)