|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
2. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) In the simulated attack.
(b) From history books.
(c) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
(d) At the school.
3. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Leverrier and Mitford.
(b) Julie and June.
(d) Theatrical masques.
4. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Alison's life.
(b) Eternal mother goddess.
(c) The love between a man and a woman.
(d) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
5. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
6. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She kisses him back.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She backs away.
7. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
(a) With Alison.
(b) With Joe.
(c) In Athens.
(d) On Conchis' yacht.
8. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
(b) She has nervous fear.
(c) Conchis has ordered it.
(d) It is in the script.
9. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
10. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) An axe.
11. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is under constant guard.
(b) He is still bound.
(c) He is still drugged.
(d) He does not wish to leave.
12. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She often travels to Greece.
(b) She has suffered from a head injury.
(c) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
(d) She has twin daughters.
13. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
(a) The cave.
(b) The villa.
(c) The school.
(d) Conchis' yacht.
14. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(b) Secrets he can uncover.
(c) The truth.
15. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is married to Alison.
(b) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(c) He is waiting for him in England.
(d) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
2. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
3. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
4. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
5. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)