|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is under constant guard.
(b) He is still drugged.
(c) He is still bound.
(d) He does not wish to leave.
2. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
3. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
4. What does Nicholas noticed have disappeared?
(a) Several pieces of art.
(b) His bedroom furniture.
(c) Julie, June and Joe.
(d) Maria's clothes.
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis is angry with him.
(b) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(c) Lily has left the villa.
(d) He has been returned to the school.
6. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Vandalize it.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Move in and live there.
7. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(b) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(c) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(d) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
8. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(b) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(c) Resigned to his masque being over.
(d) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
9. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(b) The missing things from the house.
(c) More actors dressed in war attire.
(d) Film projector and screen.
10. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
11. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(a) Secrets he can uncover.
(c) The truth.
12. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(b) June kills Julie.
(c) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(d) Julie is violently grabbed.
13. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He is to be killed.
(b) He will soon be released.
(c) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
(d) He will be taken before a court and judged.
14. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To contemplate his life.
(b) To meet Alison.
(c) To the villa.
(d) To start a new life.
15. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Research Joe.
(b) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(c) Contact Alison.
(d) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
2. Who does June claim has been following her?
3. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
4. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
5. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)