|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Striking her.
(b) Undressing her.
(c) Yelling at her.
(d) Making love to her.
2. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) As a woman.
(b) In traditional Greek clothing.
(c) In WWII clothing.
(d) As a businessman.
3. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Move in and live there.
(b) Vandalize it.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Burn it down.
4. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(b) Nicholas's birth.
(c) Lily's death.
(d) Conchis's father's death.
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
6. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Letters from Conchis.
(b) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(c) Scripts and movie credits.
(d) Resumes and professional pictures.
7. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Julie is violently grabbed.
(b) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(c) June kills Julie.
(d) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
8. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was convicted of passing checks.
(b) He was married to Lily.
(c) He is brothers with Conchis.
(d) He was arrested for rape.
9. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
(b) Maria gives him a telegram.
(c) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
(d) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
10. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) An additional stipend.
(b) A new position in a different area.
(c) A good reference.
(d) A secret about Conchis.
11. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) From history books.
(b) At the school.
(c) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
(d) In the simulated attack.
12. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(a) Beach house.
13. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
(a) With Joe.
(b) On Conchis' yacht.
(c) In Athens.
(d) With Alison.
14. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(b) Leverrier and Mitford.
(c) Theatrical masques.
(d) Julie and June.
15. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(b) He is married to Alison.
(c) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
(d) He is waiting for him in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
2. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
4. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
5. What profession is Leverrier?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)