|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
2. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The defender's chair.
(b) The judge's chair.
(c) The captain's chair.
(d) The prosecutor's chair.
3. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
4. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Conchis's father's death.
(b) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(c) Nicholas's birth.
(d) Lily's death.
5. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) Her twin's godfather.
(b) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(c) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(d) Her insane husband.
6. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
(b) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(c) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(d) What happened when he was hypnotized.
7. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She kisses him back.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She backs away.
8. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was married to Lily.
(d) He was convicted of passing checks.
9. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to get the next page of her script.
(b) She needs to go get Joe.
(c) She has heard Conchis return.
(d) She needs to go find her sister.
10. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Surprisingly easy.
(b) Exactly the same as other areas.
(c) Extremely harsh.
(d) Relatively lenient.
11. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
12. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Leverrier and Mitford.
(b) Theatrical masques.
(d) Julie and June.
13. What profession is Leverrier?
14. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(b) Beach house.
15. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She has nervous fear.
(b) Conchis has ordered it.
(c) It is in the script.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
2. Who does June claim has been following her?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
4. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
5. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)