|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
2. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To pretend they have made love.
(d) To keep up the masque.
3. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must live without sex.
(b) He must move out of the country.
(c) He must live with compassion.
(d) He must change his think about women.
4. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Surprisingly easy.
(b) Exactly the same as other areas.
(c) Extremely harsh.
(d) Relatively lenient.
5. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
6. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(b) Runs away.
7. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Burn it down.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Move in and live there.
8. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) Conchis has ordered it.
(b) It is in the script.
(c) She has nervous fear.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
9. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Making love to her.
(b) Undressing her.
(c) Yelling at her.
(d) Striking her.
10. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Punches him in the face.
(b) Gags him.
(c) Shoves him to the ground.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
11. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Tell him everything.
(b) Help her escape.
(c) Move in with him.
(d) Sleep with him.
12. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to get the next page of her script.
(b) She needs to go find her sister.
(c) She has heard Conchis return.
(d) She needs to go get Joe.
13. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was married to Lily.
(b) He was convicted of passing checks.
(c) He was arrested for rape.
(d) He is brothers with Conchis.
14. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Lily's death.
(b) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(c) Nicholas's birth.
(d) Conchis's father's death.
15. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Julie and June.
(b) Theatrical masques.
(d) Leverrier and Mitford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
2. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
3. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
4. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
5. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)