|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is still bound.
(b) He does not wish to leave.
(c) He is under constant guard.
(d) He is still drugged.
2. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was married to Lily.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was arrested for rape.
(d) He was convicted of passing checks.
3. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(c) Runs away.
4. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(b) Secrets he can uncover.
(d) The truth.
5. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
6. What profession is Leverrier?
7. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) When he can return to the villa safely.
(b) How to help Julie and June escape.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) How to seduce Julie.
8. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Alison.
(b) An invitation from Conchis.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) A letter from Lily.
9. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Extremely harsh.
(b) Surprisingly easy.
(c) Relatively lenient.
(d) Exactly the same as other areas.
10. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(b) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
(c) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(d) Resigned to his masque being over.
11. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Nicholas's birth.
(b) Lily's death.
(c) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(d) Conchis's father's death.
12. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to act with vengeance.
(b) Not to look for Alison again.
(c) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(d) Not to continue to search out clues.
13. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To the villa.
(b) To contemplate his life.
(c) To start a new life.
(d) To meet Alison.
14. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A shovel.
(d) An axe.
15. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She kisses him back.
(d) She backs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
2. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
3. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
4. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
5. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)