|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To keep up the masque.
(d) To pretend they have made love.
2. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
3. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
4. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) Film projector and screen.
(b) More actors dressed in war attire.
(c) The missing things from the house.
(d) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
5. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
6. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(c) Secrets he can uncover.
(d) The truth.
7. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Lily.
(b) An invitation from Conchis.
(c) A letter from Alison.
(d) A pink slip.
8. What does Nicholas noticed have disappeared?
(a) His bedroom furniture.
(b) Julie, June and Joe.
(c) Maria's clothes.
(d) Several pieces of art.
9. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
(a) Conchis' yacht.
(b) The cave.
(c) The school.
(d) The villa.
10. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
11. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Help her escape.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Move in with him.
(d) Tell him everything.
12. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Relatively lenient.
(b) Exactly the same as other areas.
(c) Extremely harsh.
(d) Surprisingly easy.
13. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Julie is violently grabbed.
(b) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(c) June kills Julie.
(d) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
14. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He does not wish to leave.
(b) He is still drugged.
(c) He is still bound.
(d) He is under constant guard.
15. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) Conchis has ordered it.
(b) She has nervous fear.
(c) It is in the script.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
2. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
3. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
4. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
5. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)