|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
2. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Letters from Conchis.
(b) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(c) Scripts and movie credits.
(d) Resumes and professional pictures.
3. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was convicted of passing checks.
(d) He was married to Lily.
4. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is married to Alison.
(b) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(c) He is waiting for him in England.
(d) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
5. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Move in and live there.
(c) Burn it down.
(d) Lie in waiting.
6. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Eternal mother goddess.
(b) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(c) The love between a man and a woman.
(d) Alison's life.
7. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
8. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must change his think about women.
(b) He must live without sex.
(c) He must move out of the country.
(d) He must live with compassion.
9. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He will soon be released.
(b) He is to be killed.
(c) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
(d) He will be taken before a court and judged.
10. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Julie and June.
(c) Theatrical masques.
(d) Leverrier and Mitford.
11. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She has nervous fear.
(b) Conchis has ordered it.
(c) It is in the script.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
12. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) How to seduce Julie.
(b) How to help Julie and June escape.
(c) When he can return to the villa safely.
(d) Revenge on Conchis.
13. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She often travels to Greece.
(b) She has twin daughters.
(c) She has suffered from a head injury.
(d) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
14. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(b) Not to continue to search out clues.
(c) Not to look for Alison again.
(d) Not to act with vengeance.
15. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Shoves him to the ground.
(b) Punches him in the face.
(c) Threatens to kill him.
(d) Gags him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
2. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
3. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
4. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
5. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)