|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
(b) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
(c) Maria gives him a telegram.
(d) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
2. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
3. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
4. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To the villa.
(c) To start a new life.
(d) To contemplate his life.
5. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Threatens to kill him.
(b) Gags him.
(c) Shoves him to the ground.
(d) Punches him in the face.
6. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
(a) The school.
(b) Conchis' yacht.
(c) The cave.
(d) The villa.
7. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was convicted of passing checks.
(d) He was married to Lily.
8. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(d) Runs away.
9. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Move in and live there.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Burn it down.
10. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) Revenge on Conchis.
(b) How to seduce Julie.
(c) How to help Julie and June escape.
(d) When he can return to the villa safely.
11. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
12. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) The missing things from the house.
(b) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(c) More actors dressed in war attire.
(d) Film projector and screen.
13. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As a newspaper reporter.
(b) As doing research on Conchis.
(c) As someone interested in her personally.
(d) As another childhood neighbor.
14. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(b) Her insane husband.
(c) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(d) Her twin's godfather.
15. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Yelling at her.
(b) Making love to her.
(c) Undressing her.
(d) Striking her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
2. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
3. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
4. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
5. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)