|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As doing research on Conchis.
(b) As a newspaper reporter.
(c) As someone interested in her personally.
(d) As another childhood neighbor.
2. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(b) Lily has left the villa.
(c) He has been returned to the school.
(d) Conchis is angry with him.
3. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Julie is violently grabbed.
(b) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(c) June kills Julie.
(d) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
4. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
5. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(a) The truth.
(d) Secrets he can uncover.
6. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(b) Resigned to his masque being over.
(c) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
(d) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
7. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Making love to her.
(b) Undressing her.
(c) Yelling at her.
(d) Striking her.
8. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
9. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Resumes and professional pictures.
(b) Letters from Conchis.
(c) Scripts and movie credits.
(d) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
10. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) An additional stipend.
(b) A new position in a different area.
(c) A good reference.
(d) A secret about Conchis.
11. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
12. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) An invitation from Conchis.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A letter from Lily.
(d) A letter from Alison.
13. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was married to Lily.
(b) He was arrested for rape.
(c) He was convicted of passing checks.
(d) He is brothers with Conchis.
14. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(b) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
(c) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(d) What happened when he was hypnotized.
15. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) He will never see Julie again.
(b) The villa will be destroyed.
(c) Conchis will be gone.
(d) He will be sent away from Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
2. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
3. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
4. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
5. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)