|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Shoves him to the ground.
(b) Punches him in the face.
(c) Gags him.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
2. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A gun.
(d) An axe.
3. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He does not wish to leave.
(b) He is under constant guard.
(c) He is still bound.
(d) He is still drugged.
4. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The captain's chair.
(b) The judge's chair.
(c) The prosecutor's chair.
(d) The defender's chair.
5. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(b) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
(c) Resigned to his masque being over.
(d) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
6. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) In the simulated attack.
(b) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
(c) At the school.
(d) From history books.
7. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to look for Alison again.
(b) Not to continue to search out clues.
(c) Not to act with vengeance.
(d) Not to do any harm to those involved.
8. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To keep up the masque.
(c) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(d) To pretend they have made love.
9. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(b) Research Joe.
(c) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(d) Contact Alison.
10. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(b) Eternal mother goddess.
(c) The love between a man and a woman.
(d) Alison's life.
11. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Talking to Leverrier.
(b) Searching for Conchis.
(c) Plotting his revenge.
(d) Finding Alison.
12. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(b) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(c) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(d) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
13. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Surprisingly easy.
(b) Exactly the same as other areas.
(c) Relatively lenient.
(d) Extremely harsh.
14. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Burn it down.
(b) Vandalize it.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Move in and live there.
15. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Tell him everything.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Help her escape.
(d) Move in with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession is Leverrier?
2. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
3. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
4. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
5. Who does June claim has been following her?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)