|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) Her insane husband.
(b) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(c) Her twin's godfather.
(d) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
2. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Yelling at her.
(b) Striking her.
(c) Making love to her.
(d) Undressing her.
3. What profession is Leverrier?
4. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Alison's life.
(b) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(c) The love between a man and a woman.
(d) Eternal mother goddess.
5. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
(b) Maria gives him a telegram.
(c) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
(d) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
6. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As another childhood neighbor.
(b) As doing research on Conchis.
(c) As someone interested in her personally.
(d) As a newspaper reporter.
7. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) When he can return to the villa safely.
(b) How to seduce Julie.
(c) How to help Julie and June escape.
(d) Revenge on Conchis.
8. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) A good reference.
(b) A secret about Conchis.
(c) A new position in a different area.
(d) An additional stipend.
9. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
(b) He is waiting for him in England.
(c) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(d) He is married to Alison.
10. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(c) Runs away.
11. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) More actors dressed in war attire.
(b) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(c) Film projector and screen.
(d) The missing things from the house.
12. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to continue to search out clues.
(b) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(c) Not to act with vengeance.
(d) Not to look for Alison again.
13. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(b) Scripts and movie credits.
(c) Letters from Conchis.
(d) Resumes and professional pictures.
14. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Lily.
(b) A letter from Alison.
(c) An invitation from Conchis.
(d) A pink slip.
15. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information came to light about Mitford?
2. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
3. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
4. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
5. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)