|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Move in and live there.
(c) Burn it down.
(d) Lie in waiting.
2. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
(a) Conchis' yacht.
(b) The cave.
(c) The school.
(d) The villa.
3. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
(b) He is to be killed.
(c) He will be taken before a court and judged.
(d) He will soon be released.
4. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is still drugged.
(b) He is under constant guard.
(c) He does not wish to leave.
(d) He is still bound.
5. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Nicholas's birth.
(b) Conchis's father's death.
(c) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(d) Lily's death.
6. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(b) Resigned to his masque being over.
(c) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(d) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
7. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) When he can return to the villa safely.
(b) How to seduce Julie.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) How to help Julie and June escape.
8. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) Alison's life.
(b) Eternal mother goddess.
(c) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
(d) The love between a man and a woman.
9. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(b) Leverrier and Mitford.
(c) Theatrical masques.
(d) Julie and June.
10. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
(b) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
(c) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
(d) Maria gives him a telegram.
11. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(b) Her insane husband.
(c) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(d) Her twin's godfather.
12. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She was married.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She was seriously injured.
(d) She had syphilis.
13. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
14. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Letters from Conchis.
(b) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(c) Scripts and movie credits.
(d) Resumes and professional pictures.
15. What profession is Leverrier?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
2. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
3. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
4. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
5. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)