|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Letters from Conchis.
(b) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(c) Resumes and professional pictures.
(d) Scripts and movie credits.
2. What profession is Leverrier?
3. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He needs to change.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He can live compassionately.
4. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) As a businessman.
(b) As a woman.
(c) In WWII clothing.
(d) In traditional Greek clothing.
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
6. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She has heard Conchis return.
(b) She needs to get the next page of her script.
(c) She needs to go get Joe.
(d) She needs to go find her sister.
7. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
8. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She was seriously injured.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was married.
(d) She was raped.
9. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Extremely harsh.
(b) Exactly the same as other areas.
(c) Relatively lenient.
(d) Surprisingly easy.
10. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Help her escape.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Tell him everything.
11. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Contact Alison.
(b) Research Joe.
(c) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(d) Search for Conchis in Athens.
12. How does Lily react to Nicholas' attempt to kiss her?
(a) She kisses him back.
(b) She backs away.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She begins to cry.
13. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As another childhood neighbor.
(b) As a newspaper reporter.
(c) As doing research on Conchis.
(d) As someone interested in her personally.
14. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(b) Lily's death.
(c) Conchis's father's death.
(d) Nicholas's birth.
15. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) A new position in a different area.
(b) An additional stipend.
(c) A good reference.
(d) A secret about Conchis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
2. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
3. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
4. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
5. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)