|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Shoves him to the ground.
(b) Gags him.
(c) Threatens to kill him.
(d) Punches him in the face.
2. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She has suffered from a head injury.
(b) She often travels to Greece.
(c) She has twin daughters.
(d) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
3. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) Her insane husband.
(b) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(c) Her twin's godfather.
(d) The man who will be marrying Alison.
4. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Tell him everything.
(b) Help her escape.
(c) Move in with him.
(d) Sleep with him.
5. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As doing research on Conchis.
(b) As another childhood neighbor.
(c) As a newspaper reporter.
(d) As someone interested in her personally.
6. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He is brothers with Conchis.
(b) He was arrested for rape.
(c) He was convicted of passing checks.
(d) He was married to Lily.
7. What does Conchis refer to when confronted by Nicholas?
(a) Leverrier and Mitford.
(b) Theatrical masques.
(d) Julie and June.
8. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(b) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(c) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
(d) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
9. What is Conchis holding when he appears near the Poseidon statue?
(a) A gun.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A knife.
(d) An axe.
10. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Lily has left the villa.
(b) He has been returned to the school.
(c) Conchis is angry with him.
(d) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
11. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) In traditional Greek clothing.
(b) In WWII clothing.
(c) As a businessman.
(d) As a woman.
12. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) Maria gives him a telegram.
(b) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
(c) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
(d) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
13. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The defender's chair.
(b) The captain's chair.
(c) The prosecutor's chair.
(d) The judge's chair.
14. Where does Nicholas say he has already seen Anton?
(a) From the artwork in Conchis's villa.
(b) In the simulated attack.
(c) At the school.
(d) From history books.
15. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(c) Beach house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
2. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
3. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
4. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
5. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)