|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(b) Runs away.
2. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(b) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(c) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(d) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
3. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To contemplate his life.
(c) To the villa.
(d) To start a new life.
4. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She has heard Conchis return.
(b) She needs to go find her sister.
(c) She needs to go get Joe.
(d) She needs to get the next page of her script.
5. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
(b) June kills Julie.
(c) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(d) Julie is violently grabbed.
6. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
7. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
8. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
(a) The defender's chair.
(b) The judge's chair.
(c) The prosecutor's chair.
(d) The captain's chair.
9. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Talking to Leverrier.
(b) Finding Alison.
(c) Plotting his revenge.
(d) Searching for Conchis.
10. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A piece of pottery.
(c) A picture of Lily.
(d) The keys to the villa.
11. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is reserved.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is doubtful.
12. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
(b) It is in the script.
(c) She has nervous fear.
(d) Conchis has ordered it.
13. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Tell him everything.
(c) Help her escape.
(d) Sleep with him.
14. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
15. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(b) Not to act with vengeance.
(c) Not to look for Alison again.
(d) Not to continue to search out clues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does June claim has been following her?
2. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
3. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
4. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
5. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)