|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is observing Julie and Nicholas?
2. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
3. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
(b) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(c) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(d) What his intentions are toward Lily.
4. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Move in and live there.
(c) Lie in waiting.
(d) Burn it down.
5. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) In WWII clothing.
(b) As a woman.
(c) In traditional Greek clothing.
(d) As a businessman.
6. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) An additional stipend.
(b) A secret about Conchis.
(c) A good reference.
(d) A new position in a different area.
7. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Making love to her.
(b) Undressing her.
(c) Striking her.
(d) Yelling at her.
8. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(b) Her insane husband.
(c) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(d) Her twin's godfather.
9. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Punches him in the face.
(b) Shoves him to the ground.
(c) Threatens to kill him.
(d) Gags him.
10. Who does June claim has been following her?
11. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis is angry with him.
(b) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(c) He has been returned to the school.
(d) Lily has left the villa.
12. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
13. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
(b) It is in the script.
(c) Conchis has ordered it.
(d) She has nervous fear.
14. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Research Joe.
(b) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(c) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(d) Contact Alison.
15. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(a) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
2. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
3. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
4. What profession is Leverrier?
5. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)