|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
2. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She was married.
(d) She was seriously injured.
3. What does the man who played Anton tell Nicholas will happen?
(a) He will be taken before a court and judged.
(b) He will soon be released.
(c) He is to be killed.
(d) He will be forced to participate in the next masque.
4. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
5. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Resumes and professional pictures.
(b) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(c) Scripts and movie credits.
(d) Letters from Conchis.
6. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must live without sex.
(b) He must change his think about women.
(c) He must live with compassion.
(d) He must move out of the country.
7. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
(a) A secret about Conchis.
(b) A new position in a different area.
(c) A good reference.
(d) An additional stipend.
8. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(a) Secrets he can uncover.
(c) The truth.
9. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to look for Alison again.
(b) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(c) Not to continue to search out clues.
(d) Not to act with vengeance.
10. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
(a) He is still drugged.
(b) He does not wish to leave.
(c) He is under constant guard.
(d) He is still bound.
11. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
12. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Alison.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) An invitation from Conchis.
(d) A letter from Lily.
13. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) How to seduce Julie.
(b) When he can return to the villa safely.
(c) Revenge on Conchis.
(d) How to help Julie and June escape.
14. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Making love to her.
(b) Striking her.
(c) Undressing her.
(d) Yelling at her.
15. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
2. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
3. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
4. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
5. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)