|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
2. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He can live compassionately.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He needs to change.
3. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She has twin daughters.
(b) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
(c) She often travels to Greece.
(d) She has suffered from a head injury.
4. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) The missing things from the house.
(b) Film projector and screen.
(c) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
(d) More actors dressed in war attire.
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
6. What does Nicholas become depressed and obsessive about?
(a) Talking to Leverrier.
(b) Searching for Conchis.
(c) Finding Alison.
(d) Plotting his revenge.
7. What does Nicholas say he experiences as he walks away?
(a) Fragments of freedom.
(b) Surprises and elation.
(c) Hope and despair together.
(d) Anger and betrayal feelings.
8. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She was seriously injured.
(d) She was married.
9. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to go get Joe.
(b) She has heard Conchis return.
(c) She needs to get the next page of her script.
(d) She needs to go find her sister.
10. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(b) To keep up the masque.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To pretend they have made love.
11. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
12. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is reserved.
(d) She is surprised.
13. What is the empty litter described as being symbolic of?
(a) The love between a man and a woman.
(b) Eternal mother goddess.
(c) Alison's life.
(d) The outcome of Nicholas's life.
14. How does Nicholas present himself to Mrs. de Seitas?
(a) As a newspaper reporter.
(b) As doing research on Conchis.
(c) As another childhood neighbor.
(d) As someone interested in her personally.
15. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A pink slip.
(b) A letter from Lily.
(c) A letter from Alison.
(d) An invitation from Conchis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
2. Who does June claim has been following her?
3. Where does Nicholas think he is when he wakes up?
4. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
5. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)