|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) An invitation from Conchis.
(b) A letter from Alison.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) A letter from Lily.
2. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
3. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Lily's death.
(b) Nicholas's birth.
(c) Conchis's father's death.
(d) Nygaard's encounter with God.
4. What information does Nicholas learn about Mrs. de Seitas from the bartender?
(a) She has suffered from a head injury.
(b) She lives with a man who resembles Conchis.
(c) She has twin daughters.
(d) She often travels to Greece.
5. What was Nicholas tempted to do to the villa?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Burn it down.
(c) Move in and live there.
(d) Lie in waiting.
6. How is Conchis dressed when he meets Nicholas for breakfast?
(a) As a woman.
(b) In WWII clothing.
(c) In traditional Greek clothing.
(d) As a businessman.
7. What does Nicholas learn about Conchis?
(a) He is one of the wealthiest men in Athens.
(b) He is married to Alison.
(c) He is dead and buried in Athens.
(d) He is waiting for him in England.
8. What does Nicholas hope to find at Bourani?
(a) Secrets he can uncover.
(b) The truth.
9. What happens as Nicholas is leaving where June and Julie stayed during the masque?
(a) Conchis locks Nicholas in with Julie.
(b) June kills Julie.
(c) Julie is violently grabbed.
(d) A group of soldiers takes them both away.
10. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(b) Scripts and movie credits.
(c) Letters from Conchis.
(d) Resumes and professional pictures.
11. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He can live compassionately.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He needs to change.
12. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
13. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(b) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(c) Resigned to his masque being over.
(d) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
14. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
(a) The missing things from the house.
(b) Film projector and screen.
(c) More actors dressed in war attire.
(d) A table and other props used for hypnosis.
15. What does Alison do after Nicholas slaps her?
(c) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
2. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
3. How does Alison react to Nicholas' plan?
4. Why is Nicholas unable to leave?
5. What profession is Leverrier?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)