|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
2. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
(a) A picture of Lily.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) The keys to the villa.
(d) A piece of pottery.
3. What does Nicholas noticed have disappeared?
(a) Several pieces of art.
(b) His bedroom furniture.
(c) Julie, June and Joe.
(d) Maria's clothes.
4. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(b) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
(c) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(d) What happened when he was hypnotized.
5. How is Bourani when Nicholas passes it?
6. Why does Julie run away from Nicholas?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to overhear.
(b) Conchis has ordered it.
(c) It is in the script.
(d) She has nervous fear.
7. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To keep up the masque.
(c) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(d) To pretend they have made love.
8. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
9. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
(a) Conchis's father's death.
(b) Nygaard's encounter with God.
(c) Nicholas's birth.
(d) Lily's death.
10. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
11. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Contact Alison.
(b) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(c) Research Joe.
(d) Search for Conchis in Athens.
12. What does Nicholas plan after he returns to school?
(a) Revenge on Conchis.
(b) When he can return to the villa safely.
(c) How to seduce Julie.
(d) How to help Julie and June escape.
13. Who does June claim has been following her?
14. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To start a new life.
(c) To contemplate his life.
(d) To the villa.
15. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was married to Lily.
(d) He was convicted of passing checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
2. What is Nicholas offered in exchange for keeping quiet about the activities with Conchis?
3. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
4. Where does Julie tell Nicholas she has been?
5. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)