|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
(a) Personal letters and newspaper clippings.
(b) Scripts and movie credits.
(c) Resumes and professional pictures.
(d) Letters from Conchis.
2. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
3. Who does she say is the man that claimed to be Conchis?
(a) Her insane husband.
(b) The man who will be marrying Alison.
(c) The real Conchis, who faked his own death.
(d) Her twin's godfather.
4. Where does Nicholas stop on his way back to England?
5. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
6. What does Nicholas find waiting for him when he gets back to school?
(a) A letter from Alison.
(b) A letter from Lily.
(c) An invitation from Conchis.
(d) A pink slip.
7. What does Mrs. de Seitas say of Alison?
(a) She has been browbeaten.
(b) She will never be found.
(c) She has been won over.
(d) She is actually dead.
8. What truth does Nicholas believe the experience was meant to teach him about how to live?
(a) He must move out of the country.
(b) He must live with compassion.
(c) He must change his think about women.
(d) He must live without sex.
9. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(b) Beach house.
10. Which of the following characters does Nicholas have a public outburst of anger at?
11. Where does Nicholas ask Conchis about when he follows him into the woods?
(a) What does Nicholas have to do to keep Lily.
(b) What happened when he was hypnotized.
(c) What his intentions are toward Lily.
(d) Why he read his telegram from Alison.
12. What confession does Julie make to Nicholas about when she was younger?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was married.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She was seriously injured.
13. How does Conchis describe Anton's treatment of the Greeks on the island during the war?
(a) Surprisingly easy.
(b) Extremely harsh.
(c) Exactly the same as other areas.
(d) Relatively lenient.
14. What information came to light about Mitford?
(a) He was arrested for rape.
(b) He is brothers with Conchis.
(c) He was convicted of passing checks.
(d) He was married to Lily.
15. What does Conchis tell Nicholas will happen after the summer?
(a) He will never see Julie again.
(b) He will be sent away from Greece.
(c) The villa will be destroyed.
(d) Conchis will be gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe bring in and set up for Conchis?
2. What profession is Leverrier?
3. Who does June claim has been following her?
4. Where is Nicholas surprised to be placed after he is bound and gagged?
5. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)