|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does June want Nicholas to coax Julie to do?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Tell him everything.
(d) Help her escape.
2. Why does Julie run off away from Nicholas?
(a) She needs to get the next page of her script.
(b) She needs to go find her sister.
(c) She has heard Conchis return.
(d) She needs to go get Joe.
3. What does Mrs. de Seitas ask Nicholas by telling him a parallel story?
(a) Not to look for Alison again.
(b) Not to do any harm to those involved.
(c) Not to act with vengeance.
(d) Not to continue to search out clues.
4. How does Conchis react when he learns that Nicholas has been in contact with Julie?
(a) Resigned to his masque being over.
(b) Jovial that Nicholas has found love.
(c) Embarrassed that his plan was so easily seen.
(d) Angry that Nicholas would disobey.
5. What does Nicholas tell Alison he is now prepared to admit?
(a) He needs to change.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He can live compassionately.
6. How does Nicholas feel when he wakes up?
7. What happens when Nicholas returns to the house?
(a) Maria gives him a telegram.
(b) He is surrounded by men in WWII German uniforms.
(c) Conchis sends him away from the villa.
(d) Joe pushes him to the ground and fights with him.
8. Where does Kemp take Nicholas?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To start a new life.
(c) To the villa.
(d) To contemplate his life.
9. What does Nicholas discover the next morning?
(a) Conchis is angry with him.
(b) He has been returned to the school.
(c) Conchis was summoned to Athens.
(d) Lily has left the villa.
10. What does Nicholas tell Julie he wants?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To plot revenge on Conchis.
(c) To keep up the masque.
(d) To pretend they have made love.
11. What profession is Leverrier?
12. Where did Julie and June stay while the masque was being held?
(d) Beach house.
13. What does Nicholas do when he returns to school?
(a) Write letters to the people mentioned by Julie.
(b) Search for Conchis in Athens.
(c) Research Joe.
(d) Contact Alison.
14. What does Nicholas do to Alison which he dreamed of doing to Lily, but never did?
(a) Striking her.
(b) Undressing her.
(c) Yelling at her.
(d) Making love to her.
15. How does Anubis get Nicholas to be quiet?
(a) Threatens to kill him.
(b) Gags him.
(c) Shoves him to the ground.
(d) Punches him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mrs. de Seitas give to Nicholas?
2. What does Julie offer Nicholas as proof she is telling the truth?
3. What is happening, according to Conchis, at the same moment as the fire was destroying the de Doukans' home?
4. Who does Nicholas meet for lunch?
5. How does the group describe Nicholas' personality?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)