|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) His life's greatest desire.
(b) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
(c) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(d) Something he needed to be talked into.
2. Which of the following terms best describes Maria as she brings breakfast to Nicholas?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the bedroom Nicholas is using is furnished?
4. What does Nicholas realize about the telegram from Alison?
(a) Conchis read it.
(b) Other people know where he is.
(c) Maria is unhappy bringing it.
(d) He wants to see Alison.
5. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
(a) To meet Alison.
(b) To walk on the beach.
(c) Fishing huts on the coast.
(d) Directly to the villa.
6. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
7. What is Conchis' answer to Nicholas when he questions him?
(a) He must not ask questions.
(b) He must believe.
(c) He can leave if he wants.
(d) He must trust Conchis and himself.
8. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
(a) They always result in negative consequences.
(b) They increase greatly depending on intelligence.
(c) They decrease exponentially the longer the battle.
(d) They are stacked against those who fight and the societies that insist upon it.
9. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
10. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
(a) Have lunch in the garden.
(b) Take a tour of Conchis' home.
(c) Explore the beach together.
(d) Sit and talk about their life stories.
11. How does Nicholas react to the smoke he sees coming from the chimney of a house?
12. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
(a) Music room.
13. Which of the following words best describes how Nicholas slept after seeing who he thought was Lily?
(a) With many dreams.
(c) He didn't sleep.
14. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
(a) Forest dense.
(c) Well populated.
(d) On the beach.
15. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
(a) When he posed as a corpse.
(b) When he returned safely from the battles.
(c) When he was wounded in battle.
(d) When he watched his friends die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
2. How does Conchis explain Lily's twin sister?
3. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
4. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
5. How does Nicholas feel as he walks back to the school?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)