|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(b) Something he needed to be talked into.
(c) His life's greatest desire.
(d) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
2. Which of the following best describes how Nicholas views himself as a poet?
(c) Publish worthy.
3. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
(a) Masculine habitation.
(b) Feminine habitation.
(c) Bird habitation.
(d) Animal habitation.
4. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
(a) To see Conchis.
(b) To see Alison.
(c) To see Lily.
(d) To see Mitford.
5. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
6. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
(a) Listening to Conchis's war stories.
(b) Smelling the smells of a rotting corpse.
(c) Hearing noises of a woman walking.
(d) Seeing a man who looks like Foulkes and a young girl.
7. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
(a) Drinking and visiting brothels.
(b) Studying for further exams.
(c) Hanging out with students.
(d) Secluding himself in his room.
8. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
(a) On a trip around the countryside.
(b) To Bourani.
(d) Mount Parnassus and Delphi.
9. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
(a) Woman in white.
(b) Two people in an embrace.
(c) Conchis talking to a woman.
(d) Maria gathering flowers.
10. How does Nicholas interpret the figure in all black wearing a mask that looks like the head of a jackal?
(a) Representation of Demetriades.
(b) Representation of his fantasies.
(c) Representation of yet another Greek god.
(d) Representation of the Egyptian god Anubis.
11. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Forest dense.
(c) Well populated.
12. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She becomes a nurse.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She dies.
13. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him it was Lily.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him he was hallucinating.
14. Who arrives to interrupt Nicholas' thoughts?
15. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
(a) He was angry with Nicholas.
(b) He had another visitor to entertain.
(c) He was up earlier and had already eaten.
(d) He needed some private time alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
2. When did Conchis return to Europe?
3. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
4. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
5. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)