|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchis show Nicholas at the end of this section?
(a) A dead octopus.
(b) A statuette.
(c) A glove.
(d) A woman in white.
2. Which of the following terms best describes Maria as she brings breakfast to Nicholas?
3. How does Nicholas pass the time before dinner?
(a) Looking around the music room.
(b) Searching for the owner of the glove.
(c) Walking on the beach.
(d) Exploring his bedroom.
4. What does Conchis insist in regard to Nicholas?
(a) He asks no questions.
(b) He shares his life story with Conchis.
(c) He does not touch Conchis in anyway.
(d) He never interrupts when Conchis is talking.
5. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas apologizes?
(a) He accepts the apology.
(b) He walks away from Nicholas.
(c) He says that he is not offended.
(d) He ignores Nicholas.
6. What captivates Nicholas immediately upon his arrival in Greece?
7. What sort of people does Conchis hint that Nicholas is?
8. What has changed in Nicholas' room?
(a) New bed.
(b) New clothing.
(c) New reading material.
(d) New art work.
9. Why doesn't Conchis eat breakfast with Nicholas?
(a) He needed some private time alone.
(b) He was angry with Nicholas.
(c) He had another visitor to entertain.
(d) He was up earlier and had already eaten.
10. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
11. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
(a) To see Lily.
(b) To see Mitford.
(c) To see Conchis.
(d) To see Alison.
12. How does Conchis say the young woman who will be joining him and Nicholas should be treated?
(a) As though she is well known to them.
(b) As though she cannot talk.
(c) As though she cannot hear.
(d) As though she is an amnesiac.
13. How does Nicholas feel after he asks Conchis the same question that Conchis had previously asked Nicholas who agrees and the two part ways?
(a) An indescribable pain.
(b) An indescribable new sensation.
(c) A realistic and reassuring relief.
(d) A strong desire to harm himself.
14. What did Conchis study when he was in Argentina?
15. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
(a) Women who help out on campus.
(b) Waiting room.
(d) Classroom in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Nicholas to flee in a fearful panic after his nap?
2. When did Conchis experience the joys of simple sensation?
3. How does Nicholas respond when Alison indicates her desire to have sex with Nicholas?
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
5. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)