|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
(a) Mount Parnassus and Delphi.
(c) To Bourani.
(d) On a trip around the countryside.
2. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
(b) Woman's glove.
(c) Alison waiting for him.
(d) The Magus.
3. What does Nicholas continue to hear that it appears Conchis does not hear?
(a) Woman's soft singing.
(b) Someone calling for Nicholas.
(c) Light, quick footsteps.
(d) The wind hitting the waves.
4. What did Conchis study when he was in Argentina?
5. What surprises Nicholas when he returns to Conchis' home?
(a) That there is no acknowledgement at having seen the mysterious woman.
(b) That the door is answered by a new woman.
(c) That Conchis is not home.
(d) That Conchis has had contact with Alison.
6. Which of the following is not an accurate description Conchis uses as related to Nicholas?
(b) A mess.
7. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
(a) Waiting room.
(b) Classroom in the basement.
(c) Women who help out on campus.
8. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
(c) Divine being.
9. What does Lily allow Nicholas to do before she leaves him?
(a) Send a message with her to Conchis.
(b) Kiss her on the mouth.
(c) Ask her one last question.
(d) Hypnotize her.
10. What does Nicholas challenge Lily to admit?
(a) She never died.
(b) She has a twin sister.
(c) Conchis is trying to play tricks on Nicholas.
(d) She is not real.
11. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(b) Like singing.
(d) Sad but ready for a change.
12. Which of the following characters owns the villa?
13. What would happen if Nicholas lost the game of chance Conchis proposed?
(a) He would have to tell Conchis his secrets.
(b) He would have to leave the villa.
(c) He would die.
(d) He would be expelled from the island.
14. Why does Conchis take a break while telling Nicholas his life story?
(a) To regain his composure.
(b) To get some brandy.
(c) To catch Nicholas off guard.
(d) To check on the dessert.
15. What does Nicholas do instead of visiting the villa?
(a) Runs in the opposite direction.
(b) Continues on his adventure.
(c) Hides and spies on the villa.
(d) Returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas' favorite spot on the island is also one that is which of the following?
2. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
3. What captivates Nicholas immediately upon his arrival in Greece?
4. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Conchis saved his own life and got out of France?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)