|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him it was Lily.
(c) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(d) He tells him to be patient.
2. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
(a) That Conchis was called away.
(b) That Conchis wants him to leave the villa.
(c) That Nicholas has received a telegram.
(d) That Nicholas should meet Conchis immediately.
3. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) Abandoned hut.
(c) In a tent under the stars.
(d) At the bottom of the mountain.
4. What did Nicholas find in Conchis' home that he found astonishing?
(a) Nude models.
(b) A large group of women.
(c) Mirrors everywhere.
(d) Original works of art.
5. What does Nicholas resolve not to do?
(a) Be angry.
(b) Be compliant.
(c) Be fooled.
(d) Be surprised.
6. Who is the visitor?
7. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To get over the loss of Lily.
(b) To exorcise his sexual nature.
(c) To overcome his addictions.
(d) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
8. What surprises Nicholas when he returns to Conchis' home?
(a) That the door is answered by a new woman.
(b) That there is no acknowledgement at having seen the mysterious woman.
(c) That Conchis is not home.
(d) That Conchis has had contact with Alison.
9. Which of the following words best describes how Nicholas slept after seeing who he thought was Lily?
(a) He didn't sleep.
(c) With many dreams.
10. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
(a) Woman's glove.
(c) Alison waiting for him.
(d) The Magus.
11. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(a) Sad but ready for a change.
(b) Like singing.
12. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
(b) Mount Parnassus and Delphi.
(c) On a trip around the countryside.
(d) To Bourani.
13. What was Nicholas reluctant to speak or think about?
(b) His Students.
14. What does Nicholas realize about the telegram from Alison?
(a) Conchis read it.
(b) He wants to see Alison.
(c) Other people know where he is.
(d) Maria is unhappy bringing it.
15. What was the name of the idealistic group of physicians Conchis joined?
(a) Society for Reason.
(b) Society Against War.
(c) Society to Provide Relief.
(d) Society to Help Others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language are the words "the waiting room" when Nicholas stumbles across the sign?
2. What does Nicholas do when he returns to his room instead of preparing to sleep?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas he will be conducting the following evening?
4. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
5. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)