|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas realize he wants in regard to Alison?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To win her back.
(d) To keep their relationship going.
2. What does Conchis invite Nicholas to do?
3. What does Conchis tell Nicholas he will be conducting the following evening?
(a) Art show.
(b) Poetry reading.
(d) Musical performance.
4. Where do Nicholas and Alison take refuge for the night?
(a) At the bottom of the mountain.
(b) Abandoned hut.
(c) In a tent under the stars.
5. What was one of the first things Conchis and Nicholas did when Nicholas arrived for his weekend visit?
(a) Have lunch in the garden.
(b) Sit and talk about their life stories.
(c) Take a tour of Conchis' home.
(d) Explore the beach together.
6. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
(a) To keep their conversation superficial.
(b) To provide him with no women.
(c) To allow him to move to the villa.
(d) To ask no questions.
7. How does Nicholas respond to Alison's emotional reaction?
(a) He gives her no response.
(c) Equal anger.
8. How does Mitford describe life on the island to Nicholas?
9. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
(a) She dies.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She becomes a nurse.
10. Why doesn't Nicholas reveal his feelings to the female visitor?
(a) He is too afraid of Conchis's reaction.
(b) He is too surprised to see her.
(c) He is too careful and polite.
(d) He is too awkward and shy.
11. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(b) Wild and seductive.
(c) Surprisingly rigid.
(d) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
12. How does Alison respond to Nicholas' confession about Bourani?
(a) Surprise and quiet.
(b) Reserved emotions.
(c) Hurt and anger.
(d) Tears and pleadingly.
13. What does Alison do when she and Nicholas return to her hotel room?
(a) She locks him out.
(b) Their argument turns violent.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She throws things at him.
14. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas apologizes?
(a) He accepts the apology.
(b) He walks away from Nicholas.
(c) He ignores Nicholas.
(d) He says that he is not offended.
15. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
(a) Talks to him.
(c) Reaches out to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis get Nicholas to play?
2. At the end of this section, where is Nicholas headed?
3. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
4. What does the message from Conchis tell Nicholas?
5. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)