|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of habitation does Nicholas notice near the villa?
(a) Feminine habitation.
(b) Animal habitation.
(c) Bird habitation.
(d) Masculine habitation.
2. What happens to Lily a few days after Conchis leaves?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She becomes a nurse.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She dies.
3. What was Nicholas reluctant to speak or think about?
(a) His Students.
4. How does Demetriades appear to spend all of his free time?
(a) Drinking and visiting brothels.
(b) Hanging out with students.
(c) Secluding himself in his room.
(d) Studying for further exams.
5. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
(a) Mount Parnassus and Delphi.
(c) On a trip around the countryside.
(d) To Bourani.
6. What does Conchis invite Nicholas to do?
7. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(b) Sad but ready for a change.
(d) Like singing.
8. How does Conchis explain Lily's twin sister?
(a) He says she does not exist.
(b) He says that she has a split personality.
(c) He says he doesn't know what he is talking about.
(d) He says Nicholas created her.
9. What surprises Nicholas when he returns to Conchis' home?
(a) That there is no acknowledgement at having seen the mysterious woman.
(b) That Conchis is not home.
(c) That the door is answered by a new woman.
(d) That Conchis has had contact with Alison.
10. Which of the following characters do the villagers claim never to have seen?
11. Where does this story take place?
12. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
(a) Life is all an illusion.
(b) It is possible to communicate with other life forms.
(c) Without reason, life is meaningless.
(d) It is necessary to be at one with nature.
13. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
14. Which of the following does Conchis say about the odds of survival?
(a) They increase greatly depending on intelligence.
(b) They always result in negative consequences.
(c) They are stacked against those who fight and the societies that insist upon it.
(d) They decrease exponentially the longer the battle.
15. What does Conchis want Nicholas to tell him about?
(a) What happened during his nap.
(c) His life before coming to Greece.
(d) The experiences he has faced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchis ask Nicholas to believe in?
2. What did Nicholas ask Conchis if he would agree to?
3. What wakes Alison and Nicholas up?
4. Which of the following is a priapus?
5. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)