|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Alison and Nicholas up?
(a) Wandering shepherd.
2. What country does Conchis go to after he leaves England?
3. What does Nicholas do after breakfast?
(a) Goes to the beach to swim.
(b) Tries to engage Maria in conversation.
(c) Waits for Conchis in the garden.
(d) Searches for what made the sounds he heard.
4. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
5. What does Nicholas resolve not to do?
(a) Be fooled.
(b) Be compliant.
(c) Be angry.
(d) Be surprised.
6. What disease does Nicholas believe he contracts?
(c) Genital Warts.
7. Why did Conchis join the British army?
(a) To get over the loss of Lily.
(b) Because the woman he loved had also joined.
(c) To overcome his addictions.
(d) To exorcise his sexual nature.
8. What has changed in Nicholas' room?
(a) New clothing.
(b) New bed.
(c) New reading material.
(d) New art work.
9. What condition does Conchis put on Nicholas' ability to return to the villa?
(a) He must never bring anyone else with him.
(b) He must not ask any questions.
(c) He must not miss a weekend.
(d) He must keep Conchis's stories private.
10. What does Nicholas tell Conchis about love?
(a) He has been in love before in his life.
(b) He thinks he is in love with Alison.
(c) He doesn't really know what it is.
(d) He has never felt love.
11. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(c) He tells him to be patient.
(d) He tells him it was Lily.
12. What does Nicholas smell as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) Rotting corpse smell.
(b) Flowers from the garden smell.
(c) Ammunition smell.
(d) Woman's perfume smell.
13. Where does Nicholas go after lunch?
(a) Music room.
14. Which of the following characters was the name of the woman Conchis fell in love with?
15. Which of the following words best describes how Nicholas slept after seeing who he thought was Lily?
(b) He didn't sleep.
(c) With many dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Nicholas' emotionality?
2. Which of the following terms best describes Maria as she brings breakfast to Nicholas?
3. What does Mitford tell Nicholas to be wary of?
4. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
5. How does the conversation between Nicholas and Lily on the beach end?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)