|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after he leaves the school on the morning of his return?
(a) Fishing huts on the coast.
(b) Directly to the villa.
(c) To walk on the beach.
(d) To meet Alison.
2. How does Nicholas fill his time after he is cured from his disease?
(a) Studying for teaching exams.
(b) Going out to brothels.
(c) Visiting bars.
(d) Writing poetry.
3. What does Nicholas tell the gatekeeper when he returns his gun?
(a) It did not have any ammunition.
(b) He found the gun.
(c) It missed its target.
(d) He took the gun by mistake.
4. What does the woman who Nicholas believes to be Lily do when he approaches?
(b) Talks to him.
(d) Reaches out to him.
5. With whom does Conchis take refuge after he leaves England?
(a) Army buddy.
(c) Greek uncle.
6. Which of the following best describes the song Nicholas heard when he was going to commit suicide?
(b) Surprisingly rigid.
(c) Wild and seductive.
(d) Indicative of Nicholas's new lifestyle.
7. Which of the following words best describes how Nicholas slept after seeing who he thought was Lily?
(b) With many dreams.
(c) He didn't sleep.
8. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is located in Italy.
(b) It is an all girl's school.
(c) It is a private school.
(d) It is a college.
9. How does Nicholas feel as he and Alison break up?
(a) Like singing.
(b) Sad but ready for a change.
10. Which of the following is found in the manifesto Nicholas reads?
(a) It is possible to communicate with other life forms.
(b) Without reason, life is meaningless.
(c) It is necessary to be at one with nature.
(d) Life is all an illusion.
11. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas asks him about a woman he saw?
(a) He tells him there are no women in the villa.
(b) He tells him he was hallucinating.
(c) He tells him it was Lily.
(d) He tells him to be patient.
12. What was Nicholas reluctant to speak or think about?
(a) His Students.
13. What does Nicholas think Conchis might be?
(c) Divine being.
14. How does Alison feel about Nicholas' response?
15. What does Nicholas discover he has as he leaves Conchis' villa?
(a) The Magus.
(b) Woman's glove.
(d) Alison waiting for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conchis respond when Nicholas apologizes?
2. Where do Alison and Nicholas go after they leave the airport?
3. What does Nicholas see in the garden?
4. Where does Conchis take Nicholas on a tour?
5. How does Nicholas respond to Alison's emotional reaction?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)