Part 1, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
2. Where does this story take place?
3. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) User of women.
(b) Published Poet.
(c) Disinterested Teacher.
(d) Self-involved child.
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
(a) His parents.
(b) A wife.
(c) A job.
(d) A teacher.
5. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) Something he needed to be talked into.
(b) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(c) His life's greatest desire.
(d) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
6. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is an all girl's school.
(b) It is a college.
(c) It is located in Italy.
(d) It is a private school.
7. Which of the following characters was Nicholas' predecessor at the school?
This section contains 4,470 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)