Part 1, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist of this novel?
2. Where does this story take place?
3. Which of the following is an inaccurate characterization of Nicholas Urfe?
(a) Self-involved child.
(b) Disinterested Teacher.
(c) User of women.
(d) Published Poet.
4. What is Nicholas searching for as this novel opens?
(a) A job.
(b) A wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) A teacher.
5. How does Nicholas describe the idea of being in Greece?
(a) The only option for a future he had open to him.
(b) Taking an almost obsessive hold over him.
(c) Something he needed to be talked into.
(d) His life's greatest desire.
6. Which of the following is an accurate description of the school at which Nicholas finds a job?
(a) It is located in Italy.
(b) It is an all girl's school.
(c) It is a college.
(d) It is a private school.
7. Which of the following characters was Nicholas' predecessor at the school?
This section contains 4,470 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)