|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
(a) Stage fright.
(b) Radiation sickness.
2. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
(d) With a purpose.
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her health deteriorates.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) Her family abandons her.
(d) She is unable to care for Irene.
4. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
(a) The best director he has ever known.
(b) The most patient directer he has ever known.
(c) The hardest working person he has ever known.
(d) The most dedicated professional he has ever known.
5. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
(a) That they be changed to give the gift to the scientific community not herself.
(b) That they be displayed in her lab.
(c) That they be turned in for funds to support her lab in Paris.
(d) That her lab in Paris be moved to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
2. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. What happened to Bronya's son?
5. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)