|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
(b) About their father.
2. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(b) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(c) To leave Paris and join her children.
(d) To stay in Paris no matter what.
3. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
(a) Magazine editor.
(b) University professor.
(c) Scientist specializing in X-rays.
(d) Labroatory assistant.
4. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
(a) The most dedicated professional he has ever known.
(b) The hardest working person he has ever known.
(c) The best director he has ever known.
(d) The most patient directer he has ever known.
5. What is the one problem with the house in Sceaux?
(a) It reminds her too much of Pierre.
(b) It is not designed for children.
(c) It is too much for her to care for alone.
(d) It is half an hour from the lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
2. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
3. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
4. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
5. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)