|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
(a) Love of small children.
(b) A new breakthrough.
(c) Husband's death.
(d) Desire to find the answer.
2. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It is difficult to identify.
(b) It destroys diseased cells.
(c) It is making him sick.
(d) It can be manufactored without radium.
4. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
(a) A brillant woman.
(b) An impressive orator.
(c) A team player.
(d) A solitary figure.
5. What political situation does Marie take an interest in?
(b) Poland Revolution.
(d) Revolution in Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
2. How do Marie's workers feel about her?
3. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
4. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
5. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)