|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
(a) They treat the peasants poorly.
(b) They speak above their colleagues.
(c) They make too much noise.
(d) Beach life is not in fashion.
2. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(b) They do not need the money.
(c) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(d) They were refused because Marie is female.
3. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
(a) Temporary blindness.
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) Inability to speak clearly.
(d) Memory loss.
4. What is it that Marie loves to do best?
(a) Give lectures.
(b) Work in the lab.
(c) Listen to her daughters.
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) It pays better.
(b) There are better research facilities.
(c) He and Marie move.
(d) They offerred him a grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tic does Marie develop?
2. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
3. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)