|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her new lab.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her patriotism.
2. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
(a) A new breakthrough.
(b) Desire to find the answer.
(c) Husband's death.
(d) Love of small children.
3. What does Marie form for her children after her father-in-law dies?
(a) A room in the house specifically for them.
(b) A teaching cooperative.
(c) A special memorial to her husband and father-in-law.
(d) A play yard near her lab.
4. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her trust.
(d) Her nerves.
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) He and Marie move.
(b) They offerred him a grant.
(c) There are better research facilities.
(d) It pays better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
2. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
3. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
4. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
5. What patent could the Curies obtain?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)