|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
2. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
(a) That her lab in Paris be moved to America.
(b) That they be displayed in her lab.
(c) That they be turned in for funds to support her lab in Paris.
(d) That they be changed to give the gift to the scientific community not herself.
3. What obscured Pierre's vision?
(a) A closed cab.
(b) A crowd.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
4. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They were refused because Marie is female.
(b) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They do not need the money.
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(d) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie specifically make time to do now that she had not done previously?
2. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
3. How old is Marie when she makes her first trip to America?
4. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)