|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(d) Radiation poisoning.
2. What does the Royal Institution want with Pierre?
(a) To teach at their institute.
(b) To give a lecture on radium.
(c) To get treatment for his illness.
(d) To head their research department.
3. In what year does Marie make her last trip to Poland?
4. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
(c) Radiation sickness.
(d) Stage fright.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) Her health deteriorates.
(d) Her family abandons her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
2. What does Marie specifically make time to do now that she had not done previously?
3. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
4. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
5. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)