|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
(c) About their father.
2. Where does Marie dream of building a home, but never finds the time to fulfill her dream?
3. Why do Marie and Pierre believe winning the prize has made them miserable?
(a) They have to move on to a new research topic.
(b) They get no peace.
(c) They are no longer famous.
(d) They have to leave their homes.
4. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
(a) Traditional female researcher.
(b) Model for the female species.
(c) Savior of the sick and down trodden.
(d) Benefactress of the human race.
5. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
(c) Corresponding with her colleagues.
(d) Playing with her granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
2. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
3. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
4. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)