|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
2. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
(a) That they be turned in for funds to support her lab in Paris.
(b) That they be changed to give the gift to the scientific community not herself.
(c) That her lab in Paris be moved to America.
(d) That they be displayed in her lab.
3. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) It pays better.
(b) They offerred him a grant.
(c) He and Marie move.
(d) There are better research facilities.
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her first gram of radium.
(b) Pierre's memoirs.
(c) Her own sweat and tears.
(d) Her logs and notes.
5. What is it that Marie loves to do best?
(a) Work in the lab.
(b) Give lectures.
(c) Listen to her daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
2. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
3. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
4. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
5. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)