|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They do not need the money.
(b) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(c) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(d) They were refused because Marie is female.
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(d) 2 million.
3. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
(a) Labroatory assistant.
(b) Scientist specializing in X-rays.
(c) University professor.
(d) Magazine editor.
4. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
(a) To win scientific prizes as a Polish citizen.
(b) To expose her children to radioactivity.
(c) Win the Nobel Prize twice.
(d) To survive radiation poisoning.
5. What is it that Marie loves to do best?
(a) Listen to her daughters.
(b) Work in the lab.
(d) Give lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
2. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
3. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
4. What political situation does Marie take an interest in?
5. What tic does Marie develop?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)