|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is very ill.
(b) That he is leaving Poland.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he has money for her.
2. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
(a) To sign papers for a new grant.
(b) To meet Marie.
(c) To correct some proofs.
(d) To take his daughter to the doctor.
3. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
(a) Radiation sickness.
(c) Stage fright.
4. Where does Marie dream of building a home, but never finds the time to fulfill her dream?
5. How do Marie's workers feel about her?
(a) They are devoted to her.
(b) They take pride in her accomplishments.
(c) They no longer trust her judgment.
(d) They think it is time that she resign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
2. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
5. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)