|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately kills Pierre?
(a) Back wagon wheel.
(b) Front wagon wheel.
(c) Horse hoof.
2. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
(a) They recognize her as one of their own.
(b) She goes out of her way to help them.
(c) She has earned their respect.
(d) They see her for herself.
3. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
(a) To take his daughter to the doctor.
(b) To correct some proofs.
(c) To meet Marie.
(d) To sign papers for a new grant.
4. How do Marie's workers feel about her?
(a) They no longer trust her judgment.
(b) They think it is time that she resign.
(c) They are devoted to her.
(d) They take pride in her accomplishments.
5. What is one of Eve's earliest memories of her mother?
(a) Crying about her deceased father.
(b) Collapsing in a faint.
(c) Sleeping on her lab table.
(d) Working in the lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
2. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
3. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
4. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
5. What is the one problem with the house in Sceaux?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)