|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is very ill.
(b) That he has money for her.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he is leaving Poland.
2. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Take more time doing nothing.
(b) Flee her family.
(c) Hire a full-time nurse.
(d) Work more intensely.
3. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
(a) Inability to speak clearly.
(b) Memory loss.
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Temporary blindness.
4. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The mining of radium.
(b) The process for identifying radium.
(c) The process for producing salts from radium.
(d) The name for the treatment, radiation.
5. What does Marie specifically make time to do now that she had not done previously?
(a) Spend more time with her family.
(b) Use her name to gather funds.
(c) Travel to support scientific projects.
(d) Teach others about her research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. What paid position does Marie obtain at the end of the year?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)