|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
(a) The one that has to do with scientific order.
(b) The one that holds master over servant.
(c) The one that classifies sailing skill.
(d) The one that allows her to continue.
2. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
(a) A destroyed, yet resolved look.
(b) A fragile, grief-stricken look.
(c) A surprising, firm look.
(d) A strong and determined look.
3. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
(a) Establishing services for the poor.
(b) Establishing a series of new labs.
(c) Establishing a sharing policy among the countries.
(d) Establishing a copyright for scientists.
4. In what year does Marie make her last trip to Poland?
5. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
(a) Nobel Prize.
(b) Position at the university.
(c) Davy Medal.
(d) Research grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
3. How does the American public rank Marie Curie which her children see for the first time?
4. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
5. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)