Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
(b) With a purpose.
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
(a) Her father-in-law.
(b) Her colleagues.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cleans them meticuously.
(b) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(c) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(d) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
4. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
(a) Labroatory assistant.
(b) University professor.
(c) Magazine editor.
(d) Scientist specializing in X-rays.
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) He and Marie move.
(b) There are better research facilities.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) It pays better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
2. What patent could the Curies obtain?
3. What are the "little Curies"?
4. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
5. What arouses Marie's competitive spirit?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)