|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie dream of building a home, but never finds the time to fulfill her dream?
2. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It is making him sick.
(b) It destroys diseased cells.
(c) It can be manufactored without radium.
(d) It is difficult to identify.
3. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her patriotism.
(c) Her new lab.
(d) Her children.
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
(a) A home in America.
(b) A lab that Pierre would have loved.
(c) Her first grandson.
(d) A radiology institute in Warsaw.
5. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He was hung by the Russians.
(b) He has moved back to Poland.
(c) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(d) He has graduated from university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
2. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
3. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
4. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
5. What obscured Pierre's vision?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)