|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
(a) That between family and financial.
(b) That between work and publishing.
(c) That between personal life and work.
(d) That between work and finances.
2. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
(c) About their father.
3. What does Marie specifically make time to do now that she had not done previously?
(a) Spend more time with her family.
(b) Use her name to gather funds.
(c) Teach others about her research.
(d) Travel to support scientific projects.
4. What is one of Eve's earliest memories of her mother?
(a) Working in the lab.
(b) Crying about her deceased father.
(c) Collapsing in a faint.
(d) Sleeping on her lab table.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) Her family abandons her.
(d) Her health deteriorates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
2. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
3. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
4. What arouses Marie's competitive spirit?
5. What obscured Pierre's vision?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)