|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
(a) Temporary blindness.
(b) Inability to speak clearly.
(c) Memory loss.
(d) Hearing loss.
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) Her health deteriorates.
3. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
(a) Her father-in-law.
(b) Her work.
(c) Her colleagues.
(d) Her children.
4. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
(a) Corresponding with her colleagues.
(c) Playing with her granddaughter.
5. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
(a) Preparing pure radium.
(b) Creating Pierre's dream lab.
(c) Preparing a new lab.
(d) Creating a home for her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marie dream of building a home, but never finds the time to fulfill her dream?
2. What obscured Pierre's vision?
3. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)