|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
(b) About their father.
2. Why is it surprising that the Americans donated another gram of radium to Marie?
(a) The radium was for Poland.
(b) Marie's refusal to return to America.
(c) THere was an on-going war.
(d) A looming financial crisis.
3. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
(a) That between work and publishing.
(b) That between work and finances.
(c) That between personal life and work.
(d) That between family and financial.
4. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
(b) Inhuman pace.
5. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
(c) Losing her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
3. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
4. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
5. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)