|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
(a) Desire to find the answer.
(b) Love of small children.
(c) Husband's death.
(d) A new breakthrough.
2. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
(a) They speak above their colleagues.
(b) Beach life is not in fashion.
(c) They treat the peasants poorly.
(d) They make too much noise.
3. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has moved back to Poland.
(b) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(c) He was hung by the Russians.
(d) He has graduated from university.
4. What tic does Marie develop?
(a) She constantly coughs.
(b) She jerks her head from side to side.
(c) She rubs her burned fingers together.
(d) She picks the skin away from her hands.
5. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
(a) She never got over her grief.
(b) She was too emotionally unstable.
(c) She had Irene to share her own views and beliefs.
(d) She respected Eve's free will too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
4. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
5. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)