|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
(a) That they be changed to give the gift to the scientific community not herself.
(b) That her lab in Paris be moved to America.
(c) That they be displayed in her lab.
(d) That they be turned in for funds to support her lab in Paris.
2. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
(a) That between work and publishing.
(b) That between family and financial.
(c) That between work and finances.
(d) That between personal life and work.
3. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
(a) They recognize her as one of their own.
(b) They see her for herself.
(c) She goes out of her way to help them.
(d) She has earned their respect.
4. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(b) They do not need the money.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They were refused because Marie is female.
5. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
(a) A solitary figure.
(b) An impressive orator.
(c) A brillant woman.
(d) A team player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
2. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
3. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
4. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
5. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)