|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
(a) The most patient directer he has ever known.
(b) The best director he has ever known.
(c) The hardest working person he has ever known.
(d) The most dedicated professional he has ever known.
2. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her trust.
(c) Her nerves.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
(a) Establishing a copyright for scientists.
(b) Establishing a sharing policy among the countries.
(c) Establishing services for the poor.
(d) Establishing a series of new labs.
4. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
5. What is the one problem with the house in Sceaux?
(a) It is too much for her to care for alone.
(b) It reminds her too much of Pierre.
(c) It is half an hour from the lab.
(d) It is not designed for children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
2. Why doesn't Marie go with Pierre to the Royal Society?
3. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
4. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
5. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)