|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arouses Marie's competitive spirit?
2. What does Marie typically do on Tuesday and Fridays?
(a) Gives lectures.
(b) Receives honors.
(c) Gives interviews.
(d) Works in the lab.
3. How old is Marie when she makes her first trip to America?
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(a) Radiation poisoning.
5. What tic does Marie develop?
(a) She constantly coughs.
(b) She picks the skin away from her hands.
(c) She rubs her burned fingers together.
(d) She jerks her head from side to side.
6. What is it that Marie loves to do best?
(b) Listen to her daughters.
(c) Work in the lab.
(d) Give lectures.
7. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
8. What does Marie refuse?
(a) Nobel Prize.
(b) Warsaw Prize.
(c) French Legion of Honor.
(d) Home in Sceaux.
9. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
(a) Her trust.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her nerves.
10. In what year does Marie make her last trip to Poland?
11. What does Marie form for her children after her father-in-law dies?
(a) A special memorial to her husband and father-in-law.
(b) A play yard near her lab.
(c) A teaching cooperative.
(d) A room in the house specifically for them.
12. Where do the Curies go to escape the publicity?
13. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
(a) Radiation sickness.
(b) Stage fright.
14. What political situation does Marie take an interest in?
(a) Revolution in Russia.
(d) Poland Revolution.
15. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
(a) Because she is perceived as a homewrecker.
(b) Because she refuses to accept awards.
(c) Because she is exposing others to radiation.
(d) Because she is cheating to win the prizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What obscured Pierre's vision?
2. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
3. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)