Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
(b) With a purpose.
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
(a) Her father-in-law.
(b) Her colleagues.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cleans them meticuously.
(b) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(c) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(d) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
4. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
(a) Labroatory assistant.
(b) University professor.
(c) Magazine editor.
(d) Scientist specializing in X-rays.
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) He and Marie move.
(b) There are better research facilities.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) It pays better.
6. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Take more time doing nothing.
(b) Flee her family.
(c) Work more intensely.
(d) Hire a full-time nurse.
7. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The process for producing salts from radium.
(b) The mining of radium.
(c) The process for identifying radium.
(d) The name for the treatment, radiation.
8. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(b) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(c) Equipped X-ray cars.
(d) Cars that haul the wounded.
9. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
(a) She withdraws more.
(b) She becomes more animated.
(c) She sufferes from serous health problems.
(d) She becomes more serene.
10. What arouses Marie's competitive spirit?
11. Why do Marie and Pierre believe winning the prize has made them miserable?
(a) They are no longer famous.
(b) They get no peace.
(c) They have to move on to a new research topic.
(d) They have to leave their homes.
12. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
(a) Beach life is not in fashion.
(b) They treat the peasants poorly.
(c) They make too much noise.
(d) They speak above their colleagues.
13. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(b) 2 million.
14. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
(c) Playing with her granddaughter.
(d) Corresponding with her colleagues.
15. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
(c) Radiation sickness.
(d) Stage fright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
2. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
3. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
4. What happened to Bronya's son?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)