|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie discover?
(c) Gamma rays.
2. What do the Curies have to now prove?
(a) The similarities between radium and polonium.
(b) The radioactivity of radium.
(c) The existence of radium.
(d) The differences between radium and polonium.
3. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Improving the individual.
(c) Social progress.
(d) Self-guided principles.
4. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His need to always be in control.
(b) His idealism.
(c) His attraction to Marie.
(d) His location in Paris.
5. How do Marie and Pierre travel on their honeymoon?
6. What happens during Marie and Pierre's second year of marriage?
(a) She gets pregnant.
(b) Pierre dies.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) Marie graduates from school.
7. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The culture.
(b) The sites in Paris.
(c) The lectures.
(d) Being close to her family.
8. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) The Russian Tsar.
(b) Russian principal.
(c) His wife.
(d) His colleagues.
9. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
10. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(b) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(c) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(d) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
11. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Water and noodles.
(b) Rice and broth.
(c) Buttered bread and tea.
(d) Beef and noodles.
12. What has Marie ruled out of her life?
(b) Fulfilling her dreams.
(c) Family support.
13. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Spit on it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Throw stones at it.
(d) Kick it.
14. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
(a) To do her own chores.
(b) To take Pierre to work.
(c) To pay the bills.
(d) To go to the market.
15. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) They are not as strong as uranium.
(b) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(c) They all have their basis in thorium.
(d) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
3. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
4. Where does Manya find her own friends?
5. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)