|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Desire to look for freedom.
(b) Work and study.
(c) Familial bonds.
(d) Financial planning.
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Salute it.
(b) Spit on it.
(c) Throw stones at it.
(d) Kick it.
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her personal troubles.
(b) Her need to flee Poland.
(c) Her lack of personal strength.
(d) Her desire to find a new book.
4. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
(a) Her on-going grief.
(b) Her children's wishes.
(c) Her lack of help.
(d) Her continued health problems.
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(b) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(c) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
2. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
3. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
4. Which of the children died from typhus?
5. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)