|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Writing her own books.
(b) Earning more and more money.
(c) Doing charity work.
(d) Tutoring the peasants.
2. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It destroys diseased cells.
(b) It can be manufactored without radium.
(c) It is making him sick.
(d) It is difficult to identify.
3. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
4. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Taking more time to rest.
(b) Tubercular lesion.
(c) Baby's seizure disorder.
(d) Eating right.
5. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cleans them meticuously.
(b) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(c) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
(d) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
2. What are the "little Curies"?
3. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
4. What do the Curies have to now prove?
5. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)