|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Work more intensely.
(b) Hire a full-time nurse.
(c) Flee her family.
(d) Take more time doing nothing.
2. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
3. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(a) Below par.
(b) Average if not less.
4. What is the one problem with the house in Sceaux?
(a) It is not designed for children.
(b) It reminds her too much of Pierre.
(c) It is too much for her to care for alone.
(d) It is half an hour from the lab.
5. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A tranquil courtyard.
(c) A train station.
(d) A small house on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
2. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
5. What does Marie form for her children after her father-in-law dies?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)