|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately kills Pierre?
(a) Front wagon wheel.
(b) Horse hoof.
(c) Back wagon wheel.
2. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of boarding house.
(b) Director of a reform school.
(d) Teacher of the poor.
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) Her health deteriorates.
4. How does Marie feel about going on without Pierre?
(a) That she should take her own life to be with Pierre.
(b) That she must fulfill his dream.
(c) That it is impossible.
(d) That she must go on for her children.
5. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
(a) Marie's father.
(b) Pierre's father.
(c) Pierre's sister.
(d) Marie's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
2. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
3. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
4. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
5. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)