|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) It pays better.
(b) He and Marie move.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) There are better research facilities.
2. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His location in Paris.
(b) His attraction to Marie.
(c) His need to always be in control.
(d) His idealism.
3. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The process for identifying radium.
(b) The process for producing salts from radium.
(c) The mining of radium.
(d) The name for the treatment, radiation.
4. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) Her health deteriorates.
(d) Her family abandons her.
5. What are the boys in the opening scene of the story playing with?
(a) Wooden blocks.
(b) Toy animals.
(d) Toy vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
2. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
3. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
4. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
5. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)