|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has graduated from university.
(b) He was hung by the Russians.
(c) He has moved back to Poland.
(d) He died of tubercular meningitis.
2. Where does this story open?
3. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Self-guided principles.
(b) Improving the individual.
(c) Social progress.
4. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(b) They do not need the money.
(c) They were refused because Marie is female.
(d) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
5. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To help the poor.
(b) To become a patriot.
(c) To study in Paris.
(d) To help her sister realize her dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
2. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
3. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
4. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
5. What is one of Eve's earliest memories of her mother?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)