|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) Cars that haul the wounded.
(d) Mobile labs that mine radium.
2. What obscured Pierre's vision?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A crowd.
(c) A horse.
(d) A closed cab.
3. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
(a) Because she is cheating to win the prizes.
(b) Because she is exposing others to radiation.
(c) Because she is perceived as a homewrecker.
(d) Because she refuses to accept awards.
4. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her new lab.
(b) Her patriotism.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
2. How do the Curies discover radium's luminosity?
3. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
4. How were Marie and Pierre introduced?
5. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)