|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(c) Those that were great Polish leaders.
(d) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
2. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Cars that haul the wounded.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(d) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
3. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
4. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
5. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Reading her books.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(d) The Russian imposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political situation does Marie take an interest in?
2. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. How do the Curies pay for the residue of the pitchblende they receive from the mines?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)