|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) To focus only on studying.
(b) She is not speaking to her family.
(c) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(d) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
2. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of a reform school.
(b) Director of boarding house.
(c) Teacher of the poor.
3. What is the one problem with the house in Sceaux?
(a) It reminds her too much of Pierre.
(b) It is half an hour from the lab.
(c) It is too much for her to care for alone.
(d) It is not designed for children.
4. Why don't the Curies ask the university or French government for a grant?
(a) They have already received the maximum amount of money.
(b) They are not French citizens.
(c) They feel they will be laughed at.
(d) They are not tenored and cannot get grants.
5. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
(a) Because she refuses to accept awards.
(b) Because she is perceived as a homewrecker.
(c) Because she is exposing others to radiation.
(d) Because she is cheating to win the prizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
2. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
4. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
5. What is piezoelectric quartz?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)