|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(c) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(d) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
2. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Lack of finances.
(b) Russian control.
(c) Unqualifed teachers.
(d) German invasion.
3. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
(a) She was too emotionally unstable.
(b) She respected Eve's free will too much.
(c) She had Irene to share her own views and beliefs.
(d) She never got over her grief.
4. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
(a) She withdraws more.
(b) She sufferes from serous health problems.
(c) She becomes more serene.
(d) She becomes more animated.
5. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Physics and math.
(b) Physics only.
(c) Math and anatomy.
(d) Physics and anatomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Manya practice?
2. Where does Manya find her own friends?
3. What does Marie discover?
4. Where do the Curies go to escape the publicity?
5. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)