|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie refuse?
(a) Warsaw Prize.
(b) French Legion of Honor.
(c) Home in Sceaux.
(d) Nobel Prize.
2. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(d) Radiation poisoning.
3. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Send Manya to school.
(b) Move the family to Paris.
(c) Pay back Manya.
(d) Find a better house.
4. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Work more intensely.
(b) Flee her family.
(c) Take more time doing nothing.
(d) Hire a full-time nurse.
5. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Kick it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Throw stones at it.
(d) Spit on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Curies pay for the residue of the pitchblende they receive from the mines?
2. What does Marie eat regularly?
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
4. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
5. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)