|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Marie ruled out of her life?
(a) Family support.
(d) Fulfilling her dreams.
2. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Taking on boarders.
(c) Being a servant.
3. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
(a) It is not safe to have large quantities.
(b) It is too rare.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is only found in Russia.
4. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Hire a full-time nurse.
(b) Take more time doing nothing.
(c) Flee her family.
(d) Work more intensely.
5. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) To focus only on studying.
(b) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(c) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(d) She is not speaking to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children died from typhus?
2. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
3. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
4. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
5. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)