|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(b) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(c) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(d) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
2. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because her father told her to do that.
(b) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(c) Because she cannot participate in them.
(d) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It is difficult to identify.
(b) It can be manufactored without radium.
(c) It destroys diseased cells.
(d) It is making him sick.
4. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
(a) They see her for herself.
(b) She goes out of her way to help them.
(c) She has earned their respect.
(d) They recognize her as one of their own.
5. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
(a) She had Irene to share her own views and beliefs.
(b) She respected Eve's free will too much.
(c) She never got over her grief.
(d) She was too emotionally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
3. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
4. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
5. What ultimately kills Pierre?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)