|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
(a) They see her for herself.
(b) She has earned their respect.
(c) She goes out of her way to help them.
(d) They recognize her as one of their own.
2. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His location in Paris.
(b) His idealism.
(c) His need to always be in control.
(d) His attraction to Marie.
3. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
4. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
(a) To sign papers for a new grant.
(b) To take his daughter to the doctor.
(c) To meet Marie.
(d) To correct some proofs.
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(d) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
2. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
3. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
4. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
5. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)