|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(b) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(c) To stay in Paris no matter what.
(d) To leave Paris and join her children.
2. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) Her sister's friends.
(b) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
(c) The peasants of the city.
(d) Russian immigrants in Paris.
3. How do Marie and Pierre travel on their honeymoon?
4. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To help her sister realize her dreams.
(c) To help the poor.
(d) To become a patriot.
5. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
(a) That between personal life and work.
(b) That between work and publishing.
(c) That between work and finances.
(d) That between family and financial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
2. How does Marie feel about going on without Pierre?
3. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
4. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
5. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)