|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) The Russian Tsar.
(c) Russian principal.
(d) His wife.
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
(a) Those that were heros of Poland.
(b) Those that were great Russian leaders.
(c) Those who betrayed Poland to ally with Russia.
(d) Those that were great Polish leaders.
3. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Tutoring the peasants.
(b) Doing charity work.
(c) Earning more and more money.
(d) Writing her own books.
4. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It destroys diseased cells.
(b) It is making him sick.
(c) It can be manufactored without radium.
(d) It is difficult to identify.
5. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
(a) To go to the market.
(b) To take Pierre to work.
(c) To do her own chores.
(d) To pay the bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
3. Where does Manya find her own friends?
4. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
5. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)