|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Staying healthy.
(b) Helping their father.
(d) Managing the house.
2. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because they believe in education.
(c) Because estates have grown poorer.
(d) Because it is the safest profession.
3. How do her employers treat Manya?
(a) With great respect.
4. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
(b) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(c) They all have their basis in thorium.
(d) They are not as strong as uranium.
5. What is pitchblende?
(a) A uranium core.
(b) A radium core.
(c) A polonium based metal.
(d) A combination of radium and polonium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
4. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
5. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)