|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Staying healthy.
(b) Managing the house.
(d) Helping their father.
3. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
4. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(b) To stay in Paris no matter what.
(c) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(d) To leave Paris and join her children.
5. How were Marie and Pierre introduced?
(a) A Polish physics professor.
(b) Marie's sister and brother-in-law.
(c) Pierre's family.
(d) Marie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
2. What is piezoelectric quartz?
3. Which of the children died from typhus?
4. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
5. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)