|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is pitchblende?
(a) A polonium based metal.
(b) A combination of radium and polonium.
(c) A radium core.
(d) A uranium core.
2. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Managing the house.
(b) Helping their father.
(c) Staying healthy.
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her personal troubles.
(b) Her lack of personal strength.
(c) Her desire to find a new book.
(d) Her need to flee Poland.
4. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
(a) She has a miscarriage.
(b) She finds out her father is dead.
(c) She is awarded her doctorate degree.
(d) She gives birth to her second child.
5. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cleans them meticuously.
(b) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(c) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(d) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
2. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
3. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
4. What is piezoelectric quartz?
5. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)