|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
(a) To pay the bills.
(b) To go to the market.
(c) To take Pierre to work.
(d) To do her own chores.
2. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(b) Because she is starting a new life.
(c) Because she wants to forget her past.
(d) Because it is the French version of her name.
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. Who does Manya begin teaching?
(a) Those who wish to learn chemistry.
(b) Young polish children.
(c) Poor working women.
(d) All of the children in her neighborhood.
5. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Russian loyalty.
(b) Social change.
(c) Intellectual pursuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
2. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
3. Which of the following children is the youngest?
4. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
5. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)