|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To help the poor.
(b) To become a patriot.
(c) To study in Paris.
(d) To help her sister realize her dreams.
3. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
(a) Her apples.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her father.
4. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(b) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(c) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(d) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
5. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Take more time doing nothing.
(b) Flee her family.
(c) Hire a full-time nurse.
(d) Work more intensely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately kills Pierre?
2. What was the monument erected to represent?
3. Where does this story open?
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
5. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)