|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because her father told her to do that.
(b) Because she cannot participate in them.
(c) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(d) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Country wildflowers.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
3. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(c) Average if not less.
(d) Below par.
4. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
(a) Ground breaking.
5. Who agrees to move in with Marie and Pierre to help them with the new child?
(a) Pierre's father.
(b) Marie's brother.
(c) Marie's father.
(d) Pierre's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
2. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
3. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
4. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
5. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)