|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do her employers treat Manya?
(d) With great respect.
2. What balance do the Curies find disrupted by their newfound famous status?
(a) That between work and finances.
(b) That between work and publishing.
(c) That between personal life and work.
(d) That between family and financial.
3. Why do Marie and Pierre believe winning the prize has made them miserable?
(a) They get no peace.
(b) They are no longer famous.
(c) They have to move on to a new research topic.
(d) They have to leave their homes.
4. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
(a) It is not safe to have large quantities.
(b) It is only found in Russia.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is too rare.
5. How do the Curies pay for the residue of the pitchblende they receive from the mines?
(a) Borrowed money from a bank loan.
(b) Borrowed money from their siblings.
(c) Their own savings.
(d) University money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paid position does Marie obtain at the end of the year?
2. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
3. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
4. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
5. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)