|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(c) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(d) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
2. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
(a) Davy Medal.
(b) Research grant.
(c) Nobel Prize.
(d) Position at the university.
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) No one, he forged his own path.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He wasn't subservient enough.
(b) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
(c) He was caught speaking Polish.
(d) His wife became ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
2. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
3. What do the Curies have to now prove?
4. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
5. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)