|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
(a) Because that is what their familes have done for years.
(b) Because estates have grown poorer.
(c) Because it is the safest profession.
(d) Because they believe in education.
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
(a) The worst years of her life.
(b) The most difficult years of her life.
(c) The most perfect years of her life.
(d) The most surprising years of her life.
3. What is the children's single focus at this time?
(a) Managing the house.
(b) Staying healthy.
(d) Helping their father.
4. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To become a patriot.
(c) To help the poor.
(d) To help her sister realize her dreams.
5. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
2. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
3. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
4. Why doesn't Marie go with Pierre to the Royal Society?
5. How do her employers treat Manya?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)