|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) German invasion.
(b) Lack of finances.
(c) Russian control.
(d) Unqualifed teachers.
2. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
(a) Her desire to find a new book.
(b) Her lack of personal strength.
(c) Her personal troubles.
(d) Her need to flee Poland.
3. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
4. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) The sites in Paris.
(b) The lectures.
(c) The culture.
(d) Being close to her family.
5. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The process for producing salts from radium.
(b) The process for identifying radium.
(c) The name for the treatment, radiation.
(d) The mining of radium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
2. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
3. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
4. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
5. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)