|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
(a) Treatment of rheumatism.
(b) Handling of materials.
(c) Laws of physics.
(d) Nature of the universe.
2. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(b) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
(c) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(d) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
3. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of a reform school.
(b) Teacher of the poor.
(d) Director of boarding house.
4. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
(a) Taking on boarders.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(d) Being a servant.
5. What does Pierre study at the School of Physics and Chemistry in Paris?
(b) Crystalline physics.
(d) Scientific scales.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
4. Which of the following children is the youngest?
5. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)