|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She can not tolerate the rich.
(b) She cannot hide from the Russians.
(c) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(d) It does not pay enough.
2. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
(a) Russian control.
(b) German invasion.
(c) Lack of finances.
(d) Unqualifed teachers.
3. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) They all have their basis in thorium.
(b) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(c) They are not as strong as uranium.
(d) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to abandon everything.
(b) She decides to move back with her father.
(c) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(d) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(b) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manya begin teaching?
2. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
3. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
5. What does Manya offer to God in place of her mother?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)